Dragon Age Origins: Awakening $14.99 @ NewEgg

couple of questions on this:

does this require dao to play and does the content load onto my hdd like the oblivion expansions?

How many achievement points in the expansion?

[quote name='danh920']couple of questions on this:

does this require dao to play and does the content load onto my hdd like the oblivion expansions?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Standalone ala GTA and Undead Nightmare discs.

For anyone really interested in this game I would suggest buying the Ultimate Edition from ea.com. It's only 10 bucks more for the console versions(even cheaper for the PC). Buying standalone DLC content and the expansion separately is very expensive so it's a steal at this price.

thanks hoofrog.....i've been waiting for the psn store to slash the price on the expansion pack since the ultimate edition came out. common sense would say ok let's slash the price of the expansion pack on psn since the ultimate edition is out and retailers are slashing the price on the hard disc expansion....NOT.....i agree with pewpewpew....this price is great. i already have the original and i haven't seen the expansion pack this cheap. i'm no longer hoping a psn price drop....i'm in...

[quote name='psynide']EA is doing a 35% off today. Ultimate Edition for pc is 25 bucks.[/QUOTE]
This has already been quoted earlier in this thread.

[quote name='danh920']couple of questions on this:

does this require dao to play and does the content load onto my hdd like the oblivion expansions?

How many achievement points in the expansion?[/QUOTE]

The awakings disk does not install its stand alone. However if you get the ultimate edition of the game it has a second disk where all the dlc including awakings installs like you see in fallout 3 game of the year.

[quote name='pewpewpew']For anyone really interested in this game I would suggest buying the Ultimate Edition from ea.com. It's only 10 bucks more for the console versions(even cheaper for the PC). Buying standalone DLC content and the expansion separately is very expensive so it's a steal at this price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this, I was just about to buy the awakenings from newegg but I'm in for all the DLC and an extra copy of the original game.

Does it come with both games in retail boxes or just 1 box and 2 disks, I am gonna try to pass DAO along to a friend.

[quote name='iwannadie']Thanks for this, I was just about to buy the awakenings from newegg but I'm in for all the DLC and an extra copy of the original game.

Does it come with both games in retail boxes or just 1 box and 2 disks, I am gonna try to pass DAO along to a friend.[/QUOTE]

1 box 2 disks main disk is dragon age second disk just installs dlc to your 360 hd and once you do that you never use the second disk again.

Can someone post me a link to DA:O 35% off? I went to the ea store but it is coming up for $50 dollars? Does the discount apply only at the final screen?

Thanks

This is a really tough choice for me. I have the CE of the original (still sealed), and have purchased all the DLC online through sales. So the bare-cheapest option would be to pick this up for $15 and have the whole set, but I am half tempted to buy the UE instead for just $10 more and then have all the content available to me on disc.

On the one hand, $15 is a good price to finish getting all the content. On the other hand, $25 isn't bad for everything, heck I might even be able to sell my sealed CE to offset.

Ruahrc

[quote name='z3razerviper']1 box 2 disks main disk is dragon age second disk just installs dlc to your 360 hd and once you do that you never use the second disk again.[/QUOTE]

Cool, that's what I figured but the box screenshot almost made me hope it was just both retail boxes bundled together.

[quote name='Ruahrc']This is a really tough choice for me. I have the CE of the original (still sealed), and have purchased all the DLC online through sales. So the bare-cheapest option would be to pick this up for $15 and have the whole set, but I am half tempted to buy the UE instead for just $10 more and then have all the content available to me on disc.

On the one hand, $15 is a good price to finish getting all the content. On the other hand, $25 isn't bad for everything, heck I might even be able to sell my sealed CE to offset.

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

I say 10 bucks more isn't much and then you get all the DLC on the disk and don't have to worry about being able to download it. Or, you can trade/sell it with all the DLC on the disk later on also.

[quote name='Ruahrc']This is a really tough choice for me. I have the CE of the original (still sealed), and have purchased all the DLC online through sales. So the bare-cheapest option would be to pick this up for $15 and have the whole set, but I am half tempted to buy the UE instead for just $10 more and then have all the content available to me on disc.

Ruahrc[/QUOTE]

Note the CE bonus items are not included in the ultimate edition.

Still $14.99

A bit costly ($15+1440 MSP DLC) but if it wasn't for the 2500 MSP I had from Bing Rewards, might have passed on ordering it.

Ordered and on its way. Thanks OP. I've been waiting for this to go down in price and it probably won't go much lower for a while (and even if it does hit $10 in a few months, I want to play this before Dragon Age 2 is released).

[quote name='pewpewpew']For anyone really interested in this game I would suggest buying the Ultimate Edition from ea.com. It's only 10 bucks more for the console versions(even cheaper for the PC). Buying standalone DLC content and the expansion separately is very expensive so it's a steal at this price.[/QUOTE]

I believe the PS3/X360 go on sale $30 1/30 @ kmart

bread's done
Back