Dragonball Z/GT, Romeo X Juliet, & Yu Yu Hakusho Seasons <$16 @ Amazon

[quote name='E_Man']Bah! The DBZ sets are crap!!! Get the Dragon Box instead!![/QUOTE]

Seriously, stop buying these orange-box DBZ sets, people! They're garbage! We've been over this, like, 20 goddamn times by now.

I'll get the Dragon Box sets when they're $20 or less each, but for the time being paying $8-$10 for the orange bricks is fine for me. I know I'll be able to sell the whole set for more than shat when the time comes.

I would also wait for Dragon Box sets for DragonBall too. Still thinking about those Yu Yu Hakusho sets though.

[quote name='E_Man']I would also wait for Dragon Box sets for DragonBall too. Still thinking about those Yu Yu Hakusho sets though.[/QUOTE]

Are dragon box sets confirmed for Dragon Ball? Also does this have any major formatting issues like the DBZ orange bricks? From what I read it's in its original formatting (just remastered)

[quote name='ssjmichael']Are dragon box sets confirmed for Dragon Ball? Also does this have any major formatting issues like the DBZ orange bricks? From what I read it's in its original formatting (just remastered)[/QUOTE]

No, they've not been confirmed, nor did they massacre the Dragonball DVDs like they did DBZ.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']After tax and shipping it came out to around $17 each for 4 seasons. Sweet, now just to find a decent deal on season 5.[/QUOTE]

Exactly :whistle2:D

I bit on Romeo x Juliet Part 1 and 2 and Big Windup Part 1 and 2. Haven't seen either yet, but based on the comments on here and what I read elsewhere online, I figured they'd probably be up my alley. And at that price, a blind buy didn't seem like an outrageous risk.

[quote name='nepenthegram']I bit on Romeo x Juliet Part 1 and 2 and Big Windup Part 1 and 2. Haven't seen either yet, but based on the comments on here and what I read elsewhere online, I figured they'd probably be up my alley. And at that price, a blind buy didn't seem like an outrageous risk.[/QUOTE]

Best titles mentioned in the whole thread. Good job.

Glad people are saying Big Windup is good. Did a blind buy on that one. One of my Romeo X Juliet sets arrived yesterday so happy :)

Tempted to add some more DBZ box sets to my collection.

(I don't care if the top and bottom of the picture is cut off, I prefer the restored version of DBZ.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempted to add some more DBZ box sets to my collection.

(I don't care if the top and bottom of the picture is cut off, I prefer the restored version of DBZ.)

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Wish I'd seen this thread sooner.

What the hell happened to YuYu season 2? Can't find it on amazon at all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it looks like it's been removed. I ordered it last year and now when I click the product link from my invoice it gives me a 404 not found page.

The Dragon Box sucks. I live in America and grew up watching DBZ on CN, the American way. I don't want to hear Japan's voicing the characters nor do I care about the Japanese music. I want the real deal.

[quote name='FroMann']Tempted to add some more DBZ box sets to my collection.

(I don't care if the top and bottom of the picture is cut off, I prefer the restored version of DBZ.)[/QUOTE]
It's far from just the top and bottom being chopped off. You get beauties like this going on whenever the action picks up and the footage starts shaking.

season3goku.jpg

Dragon Box:
dbox2.jpg

Season 2:
season2.jpg

[quote name='Capocci 007']The Dragon Box sucks. I live in America and grew up watching DBZ on CN, the American way. I don't want to hear Japan's voicing the characters nor do I care about the Japanese music. I want the real deal.[/QUOTE]
US DBZ
Real deal
lol no

Dragon Ball Kai's dub is a far better representation of the series than Z's dub.

[quote name='Capocci 007']The Dragon Box sucks. I live in America and grew up watching DBZ on CN, the American way. I don't want to hear Japan's voicing the characters nor do I care about the Japanese music. I want the real deal.[/QUOTE]

Then you should totally waste your money on the visually-hideous orange box sets, dude! :roll:

I bought the orange sets before the Dragon Boxes were released. Maybe I'll ebay them and buy the Dragon Boxes.

Edit: I have a question if anyone can answer. Does Kai have the Japanese audio with English dubs?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm fine with the season sets. I would like to get kai on blu when they finally release box sets though. The crisper image is very nice, and the voice acting is about a millionx better.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I bought the orange sets before the Dragon Boxes were released. Maybe I'll ebay them and buy the Dragon Boxes.

Edit: I have a question if anyone can answer. Does Kai have the Japanese audio with English dubs?[/QUOTE]
You mean Japanese audio with English subs or Japanese music with English voices? Then yes. Unlike Z, they did not change the music for the dub. So you still get the original music made for Kai with the dialogue all in English.

[quote name='Tsukento']You mean Japanese audio with English subs or Japanese music with English voices? Then yes. Unlike Z, they did not change the music for the dub. So you still get the original music made for Kai with the dialogue all in English.[/QUOTE]

Yeh, the Japanese audio (background music, sound effects etc) with US Voice actors. If that's the case I may pick up Kai when it gets cheap because I really don't want to buy all the Dragon Boxes and I don't want the filler.

I am recommending people wait for actual box sets of Kai. At the rate they are going now, buying the individuals (even on sale for ~20) would really be expensive by the end of it.

[quote name='Zaku77']I am recommending people wait for actual box sets of Kai. At the rate they are going now, buying the individuals (even on sale for ~20) would really be expensive by the end of it.[/QUOTE]

You have a point, but people such as myself don't want to wait that long. That could very well be two years from now based on the pace they are going.

I got my Dragon Ball Seasons from Walmart yesterday. Seasons 1-2 and 3-4 for 30 each, so 60 for both wasn't a bad deal. Now just need time to watch them. Still might pick up Romeo X Juliet, but I can't tell if I like it from the previews.

Walmart.com also has the Yu Yu Hakusho seasons for similar prices (13.99 for 1 and 2, 9.99 for 3 and 4), in case someone has GCs or something that would make them want to go that route instead (they also have season 2, which has vanished from amazon).

bread's done
Back