Dragon's Crown for PS3 (49.99) and Vita (39.99) - 8/6/2013

They wanted to have the Sorceress/Sorcerer/ Dwarf/Archer as on disc DLC characters.
Probably $10 a piece too.

Looks like I am gonna have to open this up the day I pick it up, didn't plan on it though, but I will. May have to get the new TV hooked up to the PS3 as well. Right now, it is just in the closet, waiting on my new TV stand to get in, and for my game room to be finished.

My wife is going to be pissed, lol.

Since it is doing well in japan. i wonder how well this will be received by the western audience, seeing as most jrpg styled games do poorly overseas in north america. if this game gets as much hype as ni no kuni here in states with rave/ good reviews. it will be a success.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I hate to say it I think the imagery (busty woman) will make or break this game. Ni No Kuni had Studio Ghibli which made it a huge selling point for most people to atleast get its foot through the door.

As much as I hate to say it I think the imagery (busty woman) will make or break this game. Ni No Kuni had Studio Ghibli which made it a huge selling point for most people to atleast get its foot through the door.
yeah, i understand what you are saying. everytime i watched a youtube video of the game. in the comment sections, alot of the comments were boobs. lol

*waits for all of the reviews about boobs*  In all honesty I think 90% of the female game community are upset with the depiction of women in the game. I still have a feeling it will have some if not a small effect on sales good or bad.

as if this is the first game to depict women in a way the female gaming community can get their panties in a bunch about.

If people have a problem with the art in this game, that's their problem; not ours.  Anyone that makes a big deal about it is just an idiot.

83 on metacritic right now.

two reviews i read bitched about the art (the 2 yellow scores on metacritic)... and the reviewers were female. so take that for what its worth.

Although I already had it pre-ordered, IGN told me everything I needed to know in one sentence.

It harkens back to the days when side-scrolling beat-‘em-ups like Double Dragon, Final Fight, and Golden Axe ruled the arcades, an era of gaming when frenetic pacing took a front seat to story, art, or sound, and when pure gameplay was king.

sorry to ask the question again, but are you guys who preordered going to get a cag group together?
I will probably team up with whoever happens to be online honestly. I may meet some friends in the process as well. Let me know if you want to play.

83 on metacritic right now.

two reviews i read bitched about the art (the 2 yellow scores on metacritic)... and the reviewers were female. so take that for what its worth.
"dont give them a benefit of a click, basically whining over the unrealisitc female proportions and then giving the game a 6.5 because he/she was outraged.

dont waste time reading this hogwash"

best quote i read and everyone should follow the same advice

I could see how someone who is female would be discouraged that it is a quality title, ruined for them by ridiculously overly-sexualized female characters. I imagine many of you would have a similar reaction if one of the male character was constantly flashing a photo-realistic penis.

Other than the immaturity of the character designer(s), it looks fun and I'll probably pick it up when there is a good sale on the downloadable version.

I could see how someone who is female would be discouraged that it is a quality title, ruined for them by ridiculously overly-sexualized female characters. I imagine many of you would have a similar reaction if one of the male character was constantly flashing a photo-realistic penis.

Other than the immaturity of the character designer(s), it looks fun and I'll probably pick it up when there is a good sale on the downloadable version.
im sure some people find the men overly sexualized as well since they have lats that are practically wings, barrel chests that are huge and have about 1% body fat. everyone who complains about the women in this game all turn a blind eye to the guys in this game. they are just as outrageous. also, there is no nudity in this game. so why does a girl get discouraged when they are just scantily clad yet for a guy to get discouraged you have him wave his bare dick around?

im sure some people find the men overly sexualized as well since they have lats that are practically wings, barrel chests that are huge and have about 1% body fat. everyone who complains about the women in this game all turn a blind eye to the guys in this game. they are just as outrageous. also, there is no nudity in this game. so why does a girl get discouraged when they are just scantily clad yet for a guy to get discouraged you have him wave his bare dick around?
Here here.

Why is it when a dude sleeps with lots of girls he is awesome but if a chick sleeps with lots of dudes she is a whore.

just sayin

the art fits the style of the game most people who complain about it don't understand that.

Why is it when a dude sleeps with lots of girls he is awesome but if a chick sleeps with lots of dudes she is a whore.

just sayin
its a double standard. just like its a double standard to complain about the hyper exaggerated females but then ignore the males. plus, only a percentage of people think dudes who sleep with tons of chicks are awesome and women who sleep with a lot of dudes are whores.

You would honestly be suprised man...

I guess I have to agree with you man. if Zelda wants to plow Gannon/Links dad and Link she has to be awesome.

I had it preordered on Amazon, but today I did a bad thing.  I preordered at Gamestop.  Why you may ask?  

While I'm sure Amazon will have it on my doorstep on launch day, for some reason I'm a bit impatient for this one. (no I have access to real boobs *on a real woman* so that's not it LOL)

Anyway, for anyone wondering, the artbook is infact soft cover.  I guess the hardbound wasn't for US.  :( Still, it's a very nice freebie.  For the effort put into this so far, I still can only wonder what it would have been if Working Designs was still around for this.  

Regarding the "proportions", I would say there's a big difference between over-sexualization and exaggeration. There comes a point when it can't be taken seriously anymore, and this is one of those times.

Anyways, I wasn't sure if I would be excited for the game, but I believe I'm going to break down and get it for the Vita. There was some conflicting information on the PSBlogcast this week about whether the Vita version is local co-op or can connect similar to the PS3. Anyone know for sure?

FYI most GameStops have the art book already. I paid my preorder off and got it early. YMMV
I'm glad you mentioned this. I preordered my copy of DC yesterday and they didn't give me anything (I was expecting to pick it up the same day as the game). When I called today and asked about the art book they said "Oh yeah, we've had this in for about a week now come on by and pick yours up." Bastards!

I'm glad you mentioned this. I preordered my copy of DC yesterday and they didn't give me anything (I was expecting to pick it up the same day as the game). When I called today and asked about the art book they said "Oh yeah, we've had this in for about a week now come on by and pick yours up." Bastards!
you have to ask for the these preorder items, otherwise most of the time, they will not remember to give it to you.

i heard that regarding online gameplay, you can only join up with people who are playing in the same difficulty as you. so for example if i was playing on normal, i cannot not join people/friends i know who are on the inferno difficulty level. is that true?

i heard that regarding online gameplay, you can only join up with people who are playing in the same difficulty as you. so for example if i was playing on normal, i cannot not join people/friends i know who are on the inferno difficulty level. is that true?
From what I've read, people on Normal cannot play with people on Inferno. However, people who are playing on Inferno already can join with people on Normal.

Basically, you can freely change your difficulty, but you need to beat the previous difficulty to do that. So if you're on normal, then you can't play Hard or better, where as Infernal people can play on hard / normal whenever they want. Doing so will scale their character down to whatever the difficulties cap is (assuming you're above it), though you'll still completely dominate it.

youd get annhilated in 10 seconds during battle if you were a normal level (level cap 35) and enemies were infernal level (66 and up)
Clearly you haven't play the game, since that is NOT what happens. I was able to beat hard at level 51 or so and infernal at 72, so you can be under leveled and be fine. For a while I've been playing the Lab of Chaos and I keep getting matched in rooms 30+, which has level 130+ (I was fighting level 180 enemies for a while) and still doing just fine at level 83. It wouldn't be an easy run, but you could play infernal at level 30 and in theory survive most of it.

Basically, you can freely change your difficulty, but you need to beat the previous difficulty to do that. So if you're on normal, then you can't play Hard or better, where as Infernal people can play on hard / normal whenever they want. Doing so will scale their character down to whatever the difficulties cap is (assuming you're above it), though you'll still completely dominate it.

Clearly you haven't play the game, since that is NOT what happens. I was able to beat hard at level 51 or so and infernal at 72, so you can be under leveled and be fine. For a while I've been playing the Lab of Chaos and I keep getting matched in rooms 30+, which has level 130+ (I was fighting level 180 enemies for a while) and still doing just fine at level 83. It wouldn't be an easy run, but you could play infernal at level 30 and in theory survive most of it.
can you create your own private game, and have friends join your game? instead of having the game match your up with random players.

bread's done
Back