Dragon's Crown for PS3 (49.99) and Vita (39.99) - 8/6/2013

can you create your own private game, and have friends join your game? instead of having the game match your up with random players.
Not my knowledge. You can click "join friends game", but that's about it. The game seems content in giving you random crap to make sure you don't get the progress you want. Like I am on floor 7 of the Lab of Chaos, yet I keep getting matched on floor 30+ and that doesn't count towards my progress at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not my knowledge. You can click "join friends game", but that's about it. The game seems content in giving you random crap to make sure you don't get the progress you want. Like I am on floor 7 of the Lab of Chaos, yet I keep getting matched on floor 30+ and that doesn't count towards my progress at all.

You are playing the VITA version, correct? Just making sure.

but there is a local / couch coop for the ps3 version right? so i can have 3 other people play with me at the same time?

No. Where did that come from?

I thought I saw it in a pic with your art book in the deals thread. My B. Just a guess, lol.

Well then that is a little dissapointing. Was thinking that it was just a system limitation or something for the VITA and maybe the PS3 would allow private rooms.

I thought I saw it in a pic with your art book in the deals thread. My B. Just a guess, lol.

Well then that is a little dissapointing. Was thinking that it was just a system limitation or something for the VITA and maybe the PS3 would allow private rooms.
same here.

but there is a local / couch coop for the ps3 version right? so i can have 3 other people play with me at the same time?
Yes, but they're "gimped". Basically only P1 will progress in the game, where as P2 - 4 will level / get gear, but still remain on story mission one / have to unlock multiplayer. It's why I mentioned in another thread that there wasn't any way to skip this stuff for the trophies.

same here.
You two need glasses or something. The game was Toukiden. You can tell by the name CLEARLY in English and the Koei Tecmo logo on the bottom. =\

JeEE8B4.jpg

Yes, but they're "gimped". Basically only P1 will progress in the game, where as P2 - 4 will level / get gear, but still remain on story mission one / have to unlock multiplayer. It's why I mentioned in another thread that there wasn't any way to skip this stuff for the trophies.

You two need glasses or something. The game was Toukiden. You can tell by the name CLEARLY in English and the Koei Tecmo logo on the bottom. =\

JeEE8B4.jpg
i was talking about the disappointment of not being able to get private games for the online multiplayer. not vita. do you have to beat the whole game( in terms of the main story/ missions), before gaining access to the online multiplayer? i keep hearing 5-6 hours into the game , before being able to play online multiplayer

Lol no need to get defensive it was just a recall of memory, wasn't like I was studying the photo. :p

My mistake.
I was largely joking.

i was talking about the disappointment of not being able to get private games for the online multiplayer. not vita. do you have to beat the whole game( in terms of the main story/ missions), before gaining access to the online multiplayer? i keep hearing 5-6 hours into the game , before being able to play online multiplayer
You only have to beat "half" the game, but that is where all the games story is. As far as length, well this boils down to how fast you want it to go. While getting the "full" experience will probably take you 5 hours (reading all the dialog, doing a few quests, exploring levels, picking out secret things in the background for pointless points, etc), you can actually finish the whole game in 5 hours if you're going for a speed run. Going off my trophies, I was able to beat the Dwarf in 4 hours and 24 minutes and I know I had some issues with a few of his bosses. I would guess it's actually possible to finish the game in 3 hours if you exploit everything possible and read nothing.

I was largely joking.

You only have to beat "half" the game, but that is where all the games story is. As far as length, well this boils down to how fast you want it to go. While getting the "full" experience will probably take you 5 hours (reading all the dialog, doing a few quests, exploring levels, picking out secret things in the background for pointless points, etc), you can actually finish the whole game in 5 hours if you're going for a speed run. Going off my trophies, I was able to beat the Dwarf in 4 hours and 24 minutes and I know I had some issues with a few of his bosses. I would guess it's actually possible to finish the game in 3 hours if you exploit everything possible and read nothing.
is the online multiplayer connection stable? as i would not have to be worry being disconnect constantly.

is the online multiplayer connection stable? as i would not have to be worry being disconnect constantly.
Hard to say. I am largely playing with Japanese people and it's a little slow. I've also DCed a few times (losing all my XP / progress =[), but those have been far and few between.

For people with the JP version of the game on both the PS3/Vita, can you confirm this is how cross-save works?:

1) Play on your PS3 for a few hours

2) Turn PS3 off

3) Resume where you left off on your Vita without the need of transferring any files

Really hope it works seamlessly as this.

For people with the JP version of the game on both the PS3/Vita, can you confirm this is how cross-save works?:

1) Play on your PS3 for a few hours

2) Turn PS3 off

3) Resume where you left off on your Vita without the need of transferring any files

Really hope it works seamlessly as this.
Main menu has a upload and download save option. Thats it.

Can't wait to start it up I plan to play online this weekend we should probably get a party together at some point I don't think you can have more than 4 people though :(

I just picked up my pre-order from Gamestop. Apparently they haven't received the art books yet so I have to wait a couple more days before I get the artbook.  I picked up the Vita version so if anyone is looking for people to play online with on the Vita version add me.  My PSN ID is SInfulfate.  

I can't believe I am sitting this one out. Looks absolutely fantastic. I just have too much to play right now, so will probably pick it up the first time it goes on sale for the Vita.

Been having a blast. Once the online was unlocked, my friends and I did a 12 chain run. We could have easily done more, but decided to play it safe and stopped.

Finally got to play this a bit and I am loving it so far. I do find it annoying the narrator keeps repeating themselves every time you head into town, but eh, whatever. Still didn't unlock online just yet, but I am taking my time and doing every side quest and grinding a bit just for fun.

So I got my copy yesterday from Amazon. Was the book supposed to be glued to the game? It didn't rip or anything but it looks like the heat might have messed up the game cover.

So I got my copy yesterday from Amazon. Was the book supposed to be glued to the game? It didn't rip or anything but it looks like the heat might have messed up the game cover.
I just picked up my VITA copy from the UPS facility and it was also glued. Luckily no damage, but bad choice by Amazon. Also shrinkwrapped to shit!

but some people didn't even get the artbook, when they preordered at gamestop, so which is worst, LOL
by my understanding some gamestops didnt get the artbook in but were getting it in. i dunno, mine had it right there ready for anyone buying it.

First GS didn't have it included with the cancelled preorder. Other had 5 extra so got mine plus my wife's with art book it's nice do will probably throw it up on eBay

Yeah, they also used a hot glue gun to do it. (Prolly why your art book was damaged.) I can tell because they applied it pretty much directly on the bottom part of the VITA case and now the plastic sleeve is ruined. *shakes fist*

WTF were they even thinking. They double shrink wrapped it too. The book is fine actually (it has a faint grease stain from the glue you can only see with direct light), it's the game that looks like it got melted.

Finally got to play this a bit and I am loving it so far. I do find it annoying the narrator keeps repeating themselves every time you head into town, but eh, whatever. Still didn't unlock online just yet, but I am taking my time and doing every side quest and grinding a bit just for fun.
Sadly the narrator will keep doing that till you beat infernal.

bread's done
Back