Ducktales Remastered retail release - $20 PS360/Wii U (PS3 DLC voucher available now, physical releases 11/12)

MetalSlugger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Physical disc version of Ducktales Remastered for PS3/360/Wii U coming Nov. 12: http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/09/18/ducktales-remastered-is-headed-to-retail-stores

PS3 voucher version details below...pretty pointless since the PS3 physical release will have the same cover art.  The only bonus for buying the voucher version is the exclusive DR pin.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/08/20/limited-boxed-version-of-ducktales-remastered-available-now-in-the-us

Sounds like this is going to be EXTREMELY hard to find. Barely any of the GameStops around me had it, and the copy I picked up was the only copy that store received. I'd grab it ASAP if you want it...$5 more for a nice-looking case and collector's pin. Yes, it sucks that it's a DL token and not a game disc but for me this was a no brainer.

GameStop (instore only)
Target website (instore only)

Target stock checker

Capcom online store
TRU item number: 013388991624

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll activate the PS3 digital voucher version on my PS4 and then snatch up a physical disc edition for my Wii U, which is dying to get some action.

GeorgeCostanza, on 18 Sept 2013 - 12:30 PM, said:This announcement is really fucked for those who got the piece of paper edition. Lucky I wasn't hoodwinked.
Yup, it is, who would've seen this sort of swerve coming?

Then again, they're running out of money so I'll expect the same for Phoenix Wright on 3DS, then they'll expect a thank you after they bamboozle ya.

Only Capcom would release a physical voucher-only version of a game, only to turn around a few months later and release the same game in physical disc form.

Capcom should send me the disc for free. Because...I have the case already.

aaaand ... that's going back to TRU today ...

hmm, I suppose that is the one benefit of being a speculator while resisting the urge to rip open and play everything I buy immediately.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/09/18/ducktales-remastered-is-headed-to-retail-stores

;)

"Bless those bagpipes, fans of physical media! DuckTales: Remastered will be getting a disc and box on store shelves across North America starting November 12th. Available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Wii U at $19.99, DuckTales: Remastered will have a disc-based alternative to what players can currently enjoy on XBLA, PSN, Wii U eShop and Steam"
BAMBOOZLED! This, literally, had me LMFingAO!!!!!!!! Even more of a reason to be glad I have a chunk left over of those $15 codes I got from Xbox for $5 that kept my temptation of buying that case with paper at bay. Guess I know where I'll be downloading that.

That's a mess. Makes it that much easier to wait to get a DISC copy(to keep sealed) for $10. Maybe black friday. Who knows. Maybe this is the start of their next Super-Ultra-Tournament-Alpha-Boombastic-Editions.

lmao. This just proves a bunch of you are thick headed noobs.

First it's OMG this is a limited run production its going to be rarez. Get a copy to price gouge people. That pin could be worth so much. Its a Disney pin.

Two weeks later

Capcom bent me over and screwed me.

Well since the voucher edition is still available on the Capcom store, I kind of doubt that it's going to be rare.
Not only is it not going to be rare, it's going to be worthless. Now that this disc version is announced, In 10 years is a collector going to want a piece of paper edition that 99.9999999% cannot even be redeemed after a few years? Would you even want to risk selling that to somebody?

So even if it had theoretical ebay value of $20, $40 or whatever for the case and cover, is it worth the risk or "badwill" to even want to try and cash that out in the event the buyer didn't understand the game code was invalid? Why would anyone in their right mind even buy an "extra" copy of such an edition to keep sealed? It's just craziness. Anyone thinking such thoughts better have a short term view on their "investment" (i.e. "flippers"). Of course I think it's crazy for anyone to keep "extra" copies of video games, however it is especially so for a digital voucher edition.

Wow... what a dick move by Capcom. This is what they should have done in the first place but way to screw over a bunch of people by letting them think there isn't going to be a physical release so that they buy the voucher version or the DLC version. 

Not only is it not going to be rare, it's going to be worthless. Now that this disc version is announced, In 10 years is a collector going to want a piece of paper edition that 99.9999999% cannot even be redeemed after a few years? Would you even want to risk selling that to somebody?

So even if it had theoretical ebay value of $20, $40 or whatever for the case and cover, is it worth the risk or "badwill" to even want to try and cash that out in the event the buyer didn't understand the game code was invalid? Why would anyone in their right mind even buy an "extra" copy of such an edition to keep sealed? It's just craziness. Anyone thinking such thoughts better have a short term view on their "investment" (i.e. "flippers"). Of course I think it's crazy for anyone to keep "extra" copies of video games, however it is especially so for a digital voucher edition.
Exactly, rare and valuable are different.

Wow... what a dick move by Capcom. This is what they should have done in the first place but way to screw over a bunch of people by letting them think there isn't going to be a physical release so that they buy the voucher version or the DLC version.
I actually like the way this worked out. Seeing the bragging rights pickups thread I was starting to see a lot of people post pics of double copies and what not.

To me whenever the flippers get burned its a good thing.

Capcom must have read the thoughts of people in this thread because earlier on in the thread there was big debates over digital vs physical. Someone even said there is no physical disc version etc. I always say things like they could reprint it etc.

Sure enough lol.

I bought it knowing I was getting the digital version and just a cool looking box. I bought an extra for Christmas gifting. Wasn't going to flip, it's just lame they'd do that.

I bought it knowing I was getting the digital version and just a cool looking box. I bought an extra for Christmas gifting. Wasn't going to flip, it's just lame they'd do that.

I bought it and opened it to play it.  I am still very disappointed in this because I would have much preferred a disc all along as it is far more flexible than a digital download and potentially more likely to survive over time.  I guess Capcom wins again because I will likely buy a 360 or WiiU copy for the collection.

Well if the Disc version does not contain any "extras", then what's the point?  That's the only way I will be pissed off is if they release that version with extra stuff like interviews, behind the scenes videos, interviews and so on.

I actually like the way this worked out. Seeing the bragging rights pickups thread I was starting to see a lot of people post pics of double copies and what not.

To me whenever the flippers get burned its a good thing.

Capcom must have read the thoughts of people in this thread because earlier on in the thread there was big debates over digital vs physical. Someone even said there is no physical disc version etc. I always say things like they could reprint it etc.

Sure enough lol.
I flip sometimes and I have a perfect record. I haven't lost money on a game yet! Although, this made me laugh. I didn't know people were buying this to try to flip for profit. :rofl:

Now that it's on disc though, I may consider getting it... When it hits like $5 used of course. A simple "remaster" isn't worth investing too much money in.

lmao and this was gonna be worth 70+ bucks on ebay they said.

They tried comparing it to the marvel vs Capcom digital version and how that was just a voucher selling for almost $90 bucks.

I tried explaining to people that it's not a relevant comparison to base a premise on.

Now look who is getting the last laugh.

Every time a reprint or something like this happens a digital to disc version everyone in the community seems shocked.

I'm the only one that doesn't find it surprising. I called it with Xenoblade on Wii too. I speculated the reprints and gave warning before it happened. Those who listened probably saved themselves from a burn.

They tried comparing it to the marvel vs Capcom digital version and how that was just a voucher selling for almost $90 bucks.

I tried explaining to people that it's not a relevant comparison to base a premise on.

Every time a reprint or something like this happens a digital to disc version everyone in the community seems shocked.

I'm the only one that doesn't find it surprising. I called it with Xenoblade on Wii too. I speculated the reprints and gave warning before it happened. Those who listened probably saved themselves from a burn.

http://youtu.be/Lm_GPkOfVKI

I didn't buy this game, yet, but Capcom has been pretty screwy since 2009 (to me at least). I just couldn't resist :rofl:

No one got burned by Xenoblades. No one will get burned by this either.

Again, good try.

The voucher didn't matter, it was the case they were paying for. I think it was only available for if you pre-ordred it too which made it harder to come by. This is one of the reasons I buy what I want, not what I think is going to be worth money. I doubt I'll ever sell this shit and it will be worthless to me when I'm dead. I just tell the wife it's going to be worth money to keep her off my back!

The voucher didn't matter, it was the case they were paying for. I think it was only available for if you pre-ordred it too which made it harder to come by. This is one of the reasons I buy what I want, not what I think is going to be worth money. I doubt I'll ever sell this shit and it will be worthless to me when I'm dead. I just tell the wife it's going to be worth money to keep her off my back!

Point being that with 9% eBay fees, $.30 + 2.9% PayPal fees, ~ $2.00 shipping you only have to sell this for like $26 w/ FS to break even (assuming you paid retail) and the majority of them sold for ~ $30+ and quite a few CAGS got these discounted at TRU.

Hell even the pins and case (voucher not included) were selling for $20+.

Now keep in mind the physical copy isn't going to be released until November I dare say there is no reason anyone would get "burned" on these if they decided to unload them now.

But I guess some people don't mind making up their information (not referring to the above post)

You might want to update the thread title to show 360 and Wii U versions coming too.
Doing that now. I was using my phone on my lunch break and it is such a pain in the ass to edit threads that way.

Although I'm glad that there will be a physical disc release after all, what a bullshit situation for people who bought the voucher version. I would've waited for the disc release had I known. It's also completely fucked how they didn't even change the cover art so there would be some value in the voucher release. God damned Capcom double dipping...

Doesn't bother me too much since I got the digital version for $13 (20% discount with plus) so 35% off the cost of the disc version. I would be slightly more annoyed if I bought the original retail release, though I imagine most purchased it because of the pin (otherwise they would of just bought it off PSN), which I assume won't still be included in the disc release.

Are you fucking kidding me right now.

I bought Ducktales last night on the eShop less than 24 hours ago when I browsing around the eShop and I just randomly mentioned to my girlfriend that "I need to buy this someday". She commented "Why not just buy it now?" So I did.

I didn't even start it up before going to bed last night.

fuck.

Man, fuck.

Is the disc version still going to have the pin? The Capcom blog post doesn't really say anything, the pin was one of the reasons why I bought this but I totally prefer a disc over digital.

fuck you, Capcom. I bought the PSN version, then I found out about the physical case and pin so I bought that too. I am not buying this game for a third goddamn time.

Held out, too.  Yay!  Now I don't have to buy the gold NES cart just to get some form of physical edition (didn't include the remastered version anyway).

I already bought the pin/code version. I may consider it for wii u, but what appeals to me most is just buying a disc-only copy used from GS whenever I happen to find one. I'll put it in the case I have with the pin and fake cd thing. Seems to be the only way to have a fully complete copy.

Hmmm...I wonder if I can delete the game file without deleting my save? And then access my save file with a disc copy? I already beat the game and I don't want to lose that file, but it'd be nice to free up the space.

I already bought the pin/code version. I may consider it for wii u, but what appeals to me most is just buying a disc-only copy used from GS whenever I happen to find one. I'll put it in the case I have with the pin and fake cd thing. Seems to be the only way to have a fully complete copy.

Hmmm...I wonder if I can delete the game file without deleting my save? And then access my save file with a disc copy? I already beat the game and I don't want to lose that file, but it'd be nice to free up the space.
PS3 game data and save data are two separate things, so go ahead and delete the game data if you want.

Glad to see a disc release. Why didn't they do this from the start? I hope there is extra content unlike the Super Luigi U disc.

bread's done
Back