Ducktales Remastered retail release - $20 PS360/Wii U (PS3 DLC voucher available now, physical releases 11/12)

MetalSlugger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
Physical disc version of Ducktales Remastered for PS3/360/Wii U coming Nov. 12: http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/09/18/ducktales-remastered-is-headed-to-retail-stores

PS3 voucher version details below...pretty pointless since the PS3 physical release will have the same cover art.  The only bonus for buying the voucher version is the exclusive DR pin.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/xantista/blog/2013/08/20/limited-boxed-version-of-ducktales-remastered-available-now-in-the-us

Sounds like this is going to be EXTREMELY hard to find. Barely any of the GameStops around me had it, and the copy I picked up was the only copy that store received. I'd grab it ASAP if you want it...$5 more for a nice-looking case and collector's pin. Yes, it sucks that it's a DL token and not a game disc but for me this was a no brainer.

GameStop (instore only)
Target website (instore only)

Target stock checker

Capcom online store
TRU item number: 013388991624

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why everyone is so surprised.

Stay tuned for DuckTales Remastered: Championship Edition, DuckTales Remastered: Hyper Fighting, Super DuckTales Remastered and Super DuckTales Remastered Turbo!!

Glad to see a disc release. Why didn't they do this from the start? I hope there is extra content unlike the Super Luigi U disc.
you know how capcom works, release a good game and then somehow troll the fans in the end. it's pretty much an art form to them at this point.

I really don't think it's a matter of Capcom screwing people over.  Probably more a matter of "Well, I don't think this will sell at all physically, so we'll do a limited print run of boxes with vouchers and pins for the hardcore fans."  Later followed by "Holy crap!  These things are flying off the shelves, and they don't even have a disc in them.  Hoarders are buying every copy they can find!  Maybe we CAN sell these things physically."  And then, finally "Ya, let's just print more of the inserts and manufacture discs in the next month and get it out there."

If anything, all of you that were clamoring for the boxes with vouchers and buying out store inventory probably caused the disc release...

I learned about this yesterday and had a local Gamestop hold a copy for me. Yeah, it does not include a disc, just a voucher for the PSN download. But I like the box art and and such. I wonder how "limited" the stock really is? I wonder if they are also going to release an Xbox360 "box" since the game is releasing on XBLA next month.
Actually, they just announced that a PHYSICAL DISC VERSION is coming to Wii U, Xbox 360 and PS3.

Would not be surprised to see Phoenix Wright go 3DS cart down the road as well. With my backlog I'll hold off on Phoenix Wright for a cart or good sale.

Glad I waited, sucks for everyone else though.  Not cool Capcom...not cool at all.  If it weren't that this was one of my favorite games (and Castle Of Illusion) from when I was a kid I'd stay away. 

Another good reason to hold off buying Castle of Illusion on PSN. 

Glad I returned my copy to target.  Now that it will be in disc form, I can wait for it to go on sale used and not give capcom any money.  I win.

I really don't think it's a matter of Capcom screwing people over. Probably more a matter of "Well, I don't think this will sell at all physically, so we'll do a limited print run of boxes with vouchers and pins for the hardcore fans." Later followed by "Holy crap! These things are flying off the shelves, and they don't even have a disc in them. Hoarders are buying every copy they can find! Maybe we CAN sell these things physically." And then, finally "Ya, let's just print more of the inserts and manufacture discs in the next month and get it out there."

If anything, all of you that were clamoring for the boxes with vouchers and buying out store inventory probably caused the disc release...
My thoughts exactly. Bad planning by Capcom if anything, but I doubt they planned this ahead of time.

1. Capcom releases limited number copies as they are unsure if it will sell

2. The copies they did produce fly off the shelves, and Capcom reads the numerous comments online about people who prefer a disk version. Capcom feels they will get on customers good side by giving them what they want.

3. Capcom releases disk version (customers have been asking for) and get destroyed by customer complaints. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Ultimately, this would have all been avoided if they released the disk version first.

When dealing with ANYTHING Capcom related, always hold off for the ultimate/re-release version.

Would not be surprised to see Phoenix Wright go 3DS cart down the road as well. With my backlog I'll hold off on Phoenix Wright for a cart or good sale.
Yeah, I'm kind of on the fence now. At the moment, I have the $30 credit from registering Fire Emblem Awakening and Shin Megami IV.

Just finding out about this physical version of Ducktales. I guess Capcom got a lot of flack for just releasing the pin with a digital code.

Now if only if Ducktales was a cross-buy. Get the PS3 game on disc, along with a voucher for the digital Vita version. Probably not going to happen.

Difference is that it cost A LOT more to make 3DS cart than DVD or Blu Ray (In addtion they take longer to print so order must be place in advance).  Ducktales also has the appeal of casual shopper with Disney characters.  Plus they already drop the the price of PW5 by $10, which makes a physical copy very unlikely.

i just bought the DLC copy a few weeks ago at gaestop. Is there any difference between that and the physical one coming out other than the little pin the DLC boxed copy had? If not im totally returning this before itrs too late

Is the MSRP gonna be 20 bucks still?

i just bought the DLC copy a few weeks ago at gaestop. Is there any difference between that and the physical one coming out other than the little pin the DLC boxed copy had? If not im totally returning this before itrs too late

Is the MSRP gonna be 20 bucks still?
Im pretty sure just like Microsoft points and Xbox Live card purchases, digital content purchased in store is non refundable. Once they ring it up it activates the code inside and thats it, its yours.

I'm assuming the disc version doesnt come with the pin. I'm still deciding to keep the digital version or not.
I didn't think of that (have 2 copies I haven't opened), but looking at Capcom's blog's pictures no mention of the pin:

def6fec3cb1f8303f8c9fb79e06820d6.png

But then again, that may just be a placeholder.

Overall supremely shitty of them

I really hate when they pull this crap. They knew about this disc based release long before now but they wait until people have already purchased it in digital format so they have to buy it again if they want it on disc. Lame lame lame.

Unless you're talking about the original Xbox, the physical release is for the 360, PS3 and Wii U.
Lol yeah I mean 360. I assume we are all on current gen consoles haha. Now in 2 months time that'll change.

I hope the physical 360 copies come with the pin. Thats my selling point.

Im pretty sure just like Microsoft points and Xbox Live card purchases, digital content purchased in store is non refundable. Once they ring it up it activates the code inside and thats it, its yours.
You can return these, the code is live in the box. If it weren't they would have two barcodes on the outside of the packaging for the sale and the activation.

Really? An unopened copy of the cased dlc.
Well excuse me Mr. all-knowing being, he didn't go into that many specifics.

Generally once you've redeemed a code for downloadable content, there's no way to get your money back unless there's some sort of technical issue with it.

Exactly, rare and valuable are different.
I really wish more people understood this. Something can be rare, but have no real value and other things can be common / uncommon with real value. This is nothing more than supply / demand, which so many people seem to be completely unaware of.

To help some people out... last week my good friend gave me his Dokuro OST. Now this OST is probably the cheapest gaming collectible I have ever seen (I will give pics to prove everything I say). It came in one of those super cheap and flimsy jewel cases (the type that retail for $40 in a 100 pack), the insert looks like something they printed out of your standard office printer and the text looks super blurry. The actual disc is your standard CD - R or + R with a paper sticker with the games box art placed on. The image does not have a bleed, so there is a white outline at parts and honestly cost them very little to make. Some fun numbers for people... $45 for a 100 pack of CD's + $40 for 100 jewel cases + $13 for 50 labels = lets say $100 (it's 98 if you don't want to do the math), which means this disc cost no more than $1 dollar to make and this is going off nothing, but office depot MSRP prices (they can obviously be found for a lot less). Now there are apparently only 50 of these discs (it's numbered), but I honestly believe I couldn't make $1 dollar if I sold it on eBay.

Well if the Disc version does not contain any "extras", then what's the point? That's the only way I will be pissed off is if they release that version with extra stuff like interviews, behind the scenes videos, interviews and so on.
More control, collectible, uses, etc. Like having a full retail version makes it a lot more of a collectible than simply a specially designed box. We now have a version with exclusive disc art, we can share it with friends / trade the disc in, it will work till it doesn't (where as digital will only work till your HDD dies and the server goes offline) and some people just like having physical versions of things. Also if I had a choice between a free pin or a special disc, then I would pick the disc.

The voucher didn't matter, it was the case they were paying for. I think it was only available for if you pre-ordred it too which made it harder to come by. This is one of the reasons I buy what I want, not what I think is going to be worth money. I doubt I'll ever sell this shit and it will be worthless to me when I'm dead. I just tell the wife it's going to be worth money to keep her off my back!
I am 99.99% sure it was never open for preorders and was simply a first come, first serve thing. I bought one of those on releases and vividly recall calling like 6 GameStops trying to find one that had it in stock and would sell me it. Also not that it matters, but that was actually a better deal than Ducktales too.

DT: Boxart, pin, code - $20

MvC 2: Boxart, code, free month of marvel - $15

It was a no brainer to not get the retail version and I assume most people (like myself) believe it's actually fairly worthless. Who here would have an item like that and assume it was worth roughly what it cost to buy 3 years ago?

The pin was included in all Digital Edition copies ... it's now just about the only part of the original release that may keep its value from completely evaporating.
I doubt that, as they are just leftover pins from E3 and SDCC.
Capcom screwed over gamers on purpose while they had discs manufactured in the meantime.

I think I'm going to buy a used disc PS3 copy, put the disc in the voucher case with the pin and fake disc, and swap the cover art and manual out with my Afrika cover art an manua which, for some reason, was shipped with art, manual, and game but in a generic black case from GS.

I hope this means that Redbox will get it.  I'd like to play it again, but $20 for a 3-hour game is hard to swallow, even more so without moving mouths.

Why does everyone here want that pin so badly? Is it for your jean jacket?

It's not being all knowing...it's more common sense. It's obvious you can't/shouldn't return an opened/redeemed copy. I had a feeling Capcom would do this last week so I returned my copy and took the risk according to Capcom's shitty history.

Well excuse me Mr. all-knowing being, he didn't go into that many specifics.

Generally once you've redeemed a code for downloadable content, there's no way to get your money back unless there's some sort of technical issue with it.

For some reason, now that this is getting a physical release, I feel like it needs more for me to drop $20 on it. I can wait until it's on sale, but it would have been amazing if Capcom had paid for animated opening and closing movies in the same style as the cartoon ... that probably would have added to the cost, but I would have easily paid for it.

SWEET!! I had purchased 2 copies, but both my brother and I have the last of the fat 80gb ps3's so neither of us had the room to download and install the the game..   I just returned one of them a little bit ago.. 

DOUBLE SWEET!! Just noticed on my receipt it says it expires 11/30/13 and on the back it says exchange period is 90 days.. so if I'm reading this right, I have until 11/30/13 to return with no issue.. Since the physical copy comes out 11/12/13, PLENTY of time to pick up the physical copy and return the digital one.... WIN< WIN!! 

Also got d@m, I have the 80gb ps3 and my backup has been going for 7hours now, says it will take 12hours... so 5hrs left...JEEE-BUSS!!

oNe

P.S. Can anyone explain how Target Returns work? Just curious, but does like the receipt history get scanned into the Target System? I.e. If they scan my receipt now, will they see that I already returned one of the games or how does that work? 

I hope this means that Redbox will get it. I'd like to play it again, but $20 for a 3-hour game is hard to swallow, even more so without moving mouths.

Why does everyone here want that pin so badly? Is it for your jean jacket?
Yes. Along with my CrossColor daisy dukes and knee-high socks!

Speaking of Capcom and their shenanigans: http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Street-Fighter-IV-Playstation-3/dp/B00E44EZYA/ref=pd_sim_vg_63

"the most complete"

Lmfao. No. Bought that game, twice, already(trying to remember if I bought it the first time....,making that 3 times). Not doing the $15, or whatever, add-on crap, either. I'll wait for $20 or less.
Same here. Bought this game twice... The regular CE version with Ryu figure &amp; Arcade Edition. Seriously :whistle2:( They'll probably doa Super Ultra Ultimate Street Fighter IV: Arcade Champion Edition in 3 months after it's release. I'm surprised they haven't announced a new MvC3. But hey.. that's Crapcom

The best thing about this game is to turn 'Hard Pogo' on. I didn't see this option until the other night after already playing 4 worlds. From the first moment I started, I guess muscle memory kicked in and was constantly pressing down and the button to pogo. When I realized you didn't have to do that, it became super easy. But its great to go back old school the way it was!

The best thing about this game is to turn 'Hard Pogo' on. I didn't see this option until the other night after already playing 4 worlds. From the first moment I started, I guess muscle memory kicked in and was constantly pressing down and the button to pogo. When I realized you didn't have to do that, it became super easy. But its great to go back old school the way it was!
Its cool how it all comes back even after 20 something years....oh crap I am old

I got this game when Toysrus had their 3 for $40 game sale.  I basically got Ducktales for free after I sold the case and collector's pin on ebay.  Now I'll probably just get the physical copy to collect.

Same here. Bought this game twice... The regular CE version with Ryu figure &amp; Arcade Edition. Seriously :whistle2:( They'll probably doa Super Ultra Ultimate Street Fighter IV: Arcade Champion Edition in 3 months after it's release. I'm surprised they haven't announced a new MvC3. But hey.. that's Crapcom
With the announcement from the producer that Street Fighter V won't be out until 2018, we will probably see 2 more versions of this game at least.

bread's done
Back