Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition $5.99 (Apogee comes to GOG.com! + a contest)

Sporadic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
In some massive news, Apogee has agreed to release some of their games through GOG.com

Currently, Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition is avaliable for $5.99

Coming soon is

Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - $5.99
Rise Of The Triad: Dark War - $5.99
Blake Stone: Aliens Of Gold - $5.99
Blake Stone: Planet Strike - $5.99

For anybody that doesn't know, GOG.com is a legit site (from the people that made The Witcher) that releases classic games with no DRM for $5.99/$9.99 that are guaranteed to work on XP/Vista

Last edited by a moderator:
Apogee lottery

With the release of Duke Nukem 3D we're starting an Apogee contest, where you can win the complete pack including all Apogee titles from GOG.com's catalogue: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project™, Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold™, Blake Stone: Planet Strike™ and Rise of the Triad: Dark War™! The rules are as simple as they can be: all you need to do is to buy Duke Nukem 3D during this weekend till Monday, March 2 at 11:59 p.m. EDT. From all users that will buy the game we will draw one lucky winner who will receive all Apogee titles as soon as they will be released on GOG.com.

Even better :D

I remember RotT being a fair game. It was my friend's favorite, but I was already tired of FPS. I think Duke is the game that burned me out. We played that a lot.

GoG seems pretty good. I downloaded some of the free games and those worked. I haven't seen any games I want to pay $6 for...definitely not $10. Any idea if you can play LAN on any of these titles? That trip down nostalgia lane might be worth it.

[quote name='VidPower']I'm not sure if GoG lets you access the PC files, but if they do, you can play duke with yummy new high resolution textures and models by combining it with the duke high resolution pack[/quote]

I'm pretty sure what you download is an installer like any normal game, after which you can do anything you want with the files it unpacks onto your computer.

[quote name='Vegan']I'm pretty sure what you download is an installer like any normal game, after which you can do anything you want with the files it unpacks onto your computer.[/quote]

Yeah. GOG has as a selling point that all games are unprotected, so all mods should work.

As for me, I already have all these games; with any luck, they'll release some more of their catalog, though.

[quote name='PhaserBait']
Any idea if you can play LAN on any of these titles? That trip down nostalgia lane might be worth it.[/quote]

I just downloaded it and the only network option is to "Play on Ten", which requires Windows 95. Unless someone knows another way because I'd enjoy some LAN-goodness! Oh well, it will at least be neat to play with the HRP.

I thought it was weird of me that I'm kind of excited about Rise of the Triad for some reason, but I guess I'm not alone!

I think that Duke game sort of got good review too-was it kind of side scrolling? I missed it.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I think that Duke game sort of got good review too-was it kind of side scrolling? I missed it.[/QUOTE]

Manhattan Project was a side scroller in the same way Duke Nukem 1 & 2 were.

Nothing weird about getting excited about these games, Apogee & iD were the cornerstone of my childhood on PC. I remember my Dad downloading these off the BBS for me. :)

hell yea

I remember playing Duke and Redneck Rampage with my older cousin back in the day. My parents would never buy those games for me.

I

As much as I love Duke Nukem, RoTT and Blake Stone, can't really justify $6 each. Even $10 for all of 'em would be kinda pushing it. Also a shame they don't have all the great Apogee platformers.

[quote name='myxyplik']Why does the product page say you need a "1.8 GHz Processor"?[/quote]

Because anything less will not be able to handle the sheer awesomeness that is Duke. Period.

[quote name='s2k']who doesn't have at least a 1.8ghz processor?[/QUOTE]

That's not the point, though. This game used to only need a 486 processor.

Edit: Maybe I'm not taking into account running on XP or Vista?

Duke Nukem 3d: Remember that the "r" button uses your "riods"

Rise of the Triad: "He'll bury you in a lunch box!"

Great memories. Question though, can you have online play or do we have to get back on TEN like back in 96?

[quote name='MysterD']Since GOG takes these games and gets them running on (Somewhat) more modern rigs, I'm guessing this was the lowest system that GOG's people tested this game natively working on XP and Vista with...?[/QUOTE]

Or it could be the fact that DOSBox is also running? That's the only other thing I can think of.

bread's done
Back