Duke Nukem Forever (360) $2.99 Best Buy

mikehalc

CAGiversary!
I looked around and didn't see that anybody had mentioned this yet. I've lurked around here for a while and wanted to contribute. Was in Best Buy just now in Tulsa and they had Duke Nukem Forever brand new for $2.99. I know the game isn't supposed to be good but I figured for three bucks, somebody might want to jump on that.

I actually had a lot of fun with this one. Laughed a lot and thought it was some good old-school fun (and thought the platforming element...having to find out how to get from point A to point B...was great...a lot better than the modern trend of "enter room, shoot 20 guys, go to next linear room"). It's raunchy and very adult, of course, but I didn't really find it as offensive as some people seemed to. Considering I just bought a coffee tonight for the same amount of money I spent on the game when I got it, I'd say it's totally worth it.

But, yes, of course it's YMMV as to whether or not you'll like it. It's pretty stupid to say someone is wasting their time if they play a game you don't like. Just as stupid as saying someone is dumb for not enjoying a game you like. Everyone has their own tastes and gets different things out of different games.

to everyone who actually contributed something worth reading in this thread (ie: actual factual info like confirming deal, SKU link), thanks!

To the people bitching about how this game is worse than herpes, no one cares.

Its 3 bucks, thats less than a gallon of gas. Or a latte. Or a pint of mirco brew. Or a pack of smokes. It is 2% of my cable/internet bill. It is what I make working 10 minutes at my job. Its what most people waste on stupid shit during the course of a single day on any given item. So please, give it a rest on how you think this game should be "free" or " I should be paid to play it". My guess is that you haven't played Raven Squad or Rogue Warrior or Legendary or Mindjack or Hunted: The Demon Derp.

And for the record, I have played the demo. It is not that bad. Not the greatest either.

I also have not seen it at target for this price, it is still 10 bucks around pittsburgh.

DNF for $3 isn't a bad price, but i definitely wouldn't pay any more than that. The platforming in this game is almost unforgivable since Duke jumps like a 90 year old woman. There were also points where I had no clue what to do or where to go, but thanks to online guides, I was able to finish this game and bury it in my backyard next to my E.T. Atari game, and my Sega 32X, never to be seen again. I guess if you're looking for a time waster that you can have a little fun with, go for it.

[quote name='Blaster man']I won't play this game because I have a wife, a daughter, and a mother and what I've seen of it offends me. I won't play it for any price. If you guys can't find it at Best Buy, look at Target, I've seen stacks of it there for $3 for weeks now. It's in the plastic display case.

For you guys talking about quitting games that you don't like, I typically avoid that so I don't waste money but I've recently come to the conclusion that I only live so long and only have so many hours of gaming time in that life so I want to only play good stuff. With that reasoning in mind, I sold Red Dead Redemption on eBay after playing it for a couple of hours. I got it after I was assured that people who don't like westerns enjoyed it. I don't like westerns and I did NOT enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ned Flanders

[quote name='mikepeluso']like a fool I paid 7.65 for this game on amazon like 4 moths ago[/QUOTE]

well u got 2 off....i buyed it for $4.99 from gamestop store at the lakeforest mall here in maryland and its crap i wuld trade it in but they gave crap back 4 it so i just throwed it away worst waste of money ever. the game is sucks.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: People are so spoiled this gen. If something isn't teh pretty pretty shiny shiny and has the name Call Of Duty or Modern Warfare it's 'teh shit' to them.:roll:

I'll admit the load times between when ya croak and respawn suck ass, but this game is classic Duke through and through. If you're looking for a MW/COD clone then stay the hell away and go play your mainstream crap.[/QUOTE]

THIS! Jesus christ I seriously think since this whole BS "Games must be art" movement started no one remembers how to have fun. I went in expecting one liners and shooting shit up. I got both. I was satisfied.

I was a big Duke3D fan back in the 90's and I was excited when this game finally came out. I paid $50 on release for PC and I enjoyed it. Sure it has flaws, but it was enjoyable enough. The game is a very competent shooter and I have played far far worse.

[quote name='1961']well u got 2 off....i buyed it for $4.99 from gamestop store at the lakeforest mall here in maryland and its crap i wuld trade it in but they gave crap back 4 it so i just throwed it away worst waste of money ever. the game is sucks.[/QUOTE]

What the hell is this?! Seriously! Is there something in the water around here making people type like a 4-year old?! Because you're obviously old enough to buy DNF, you have no business typing like this!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lord Izanagi']...

What the hell is this?! Seriously! Is there something in the water around here making people type like a 4-year old?! Because you're obviously old enough to buy DNF, so you have no business typing like this![/QUOTE]

Maybe he's pissed that he spent the money on Duke Nukem instead of putting it towards an adult night class for elementary school English?

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']...

What the hell is this?! Seriously! Is there something in the water around here making people type like a 4-year old?! Because you're obviously old enough to buy DNF, you have no business typing like this![/QUOTE]
It's pepsiman, namispep, etc. He made me the same offer for my copy of Saint's Row 3 a bit ago, right down to wanting to meet in person to buy it and demanding I take off money from it.

I wonder if I go to Best Buy and there's 20 copies in stock at $3 each, if I can crack a deal? Maybe I'll tell the manager "I'll give you $1 for every copy you have left on the shelf". How bad do they need the shelf space?

For $1 I can give it to my cousins and still have enough left to give it to my friends AND enemies. I'll make no money on the resale of it, so I wouldn't even bother.

One year I bought 3lbs of wristwatches on shopgoodwill.com for about $20 with shipping. Then I bought a bulk set of watch batteries and opening tool off eBay for $15. That year everyone I knew got a watch as a gift. Hell, I still have 50% of them leftover.

I could be like Johnny Appleseed, except I'd be tossing out unsweetened apples. Still, an apple is an apple.

[quote name='ZForce915']Even if a shitty game is FREE it doesn't make it worth playing. Sure you could buy Duke for $3, but the time spent playing it could be spent playing a better game. Or staring at a wall.[/QUOTE]But it's sure worth buying & talking about in CAG threads LOL just look at the deadliest warrior thread 600 replies over 49,000 views & DNF is most likely a better game
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323327

[quote name='Al_001']As Irishsoccermbw points out, it's the clearance price (probably the rock-bottom clearance price), so if you want it, just grab it at whichever BB store you can find it in. Checking online won't help. The PS3 SKU # is 1443608. I'm not really sure about the Xbox 360 version.[/QUOTE]

This guy. He just got banned. Like an hour ago. What did he do?

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Has it been established that this game blows?[/QUOTE]

Seriously? The guy at Gamestop told me that this was considered one of the top 10 greatest games of all time. Are you telling me this game is actually bad? You'd be calling that Gamestop employee a liar.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Seriously? The guy at Gamestop told me that this was considered one of the top 10 greatest games of all time. Are you telling me this game is actually bad? You'd be calling that Gamestop employee a liar.[/QUOTE]

You don't say...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']At least if you get it at GS you can get the Balls Of Steel edition for $10 and get that woefully undersized Duke bust.[/QUOTE]

Weird... That's the same thing I always hear from women. If I had a nickel for every time I heard the phrase "woefully undersized."

This game actually has a pretty good and funny first hour or so from the very beginning to when you get to that one turret part. Then it just kinda falls apart from there.

So I'd recommend it if a good hour of play and a free DVD case is worth $3 to you. Hell, at this price I'm buying them as gag gifts.

That's ummm rather cheap.... But I wouldn't even spend that much to waste my time playing it, given my huge backlog anyway. It never caught my attention.

[quote name='weeman43302']The regular edition was cut from $9.99 to $4.99 for Gamestock so the Balls of Steel edition may have dropped as well. I saw one for $20 when I got my copy last weekend and didn't even think to ask about it.[/QUOTE]

I was in there when they first started running the gamestock and they tried it for me to see what it would ring up as, but the skus for the Balls of Steel edition are not included from what I understand.

[quote name='tuffguycore']I was in there when they first started running the gamestock and they tried it for me to see what it would ring up as, but the skus for the Balls of Steel edition are not included from what I understand.[/QUOTE]

It isn't unfortunately. I bought Duke at BB last year during the holiday $5 deals, it's still sealed...

[quote name='Romeo']It isn't unfortunately. I bought Duke at BB last year during the holiday $5 deals, it's still sealed...[/QUOTE]

I didn't say unfortunately... but either way, I would have wanted one even though I have the regular one for 5 bucks from last year too, just to have the Duke statue. I still like the character, I still think he's funny, so it would be worth 10-15 to me to get a hold of one.

YMMV as its not even on BB website anymore.

Whats funny is that the only listing on the BB website is for a used copy going for 7.99 smh

It goes without saying but some of you guys are cheap as hell. LOL

I goota try this game at some point. I keep missing the cheap deals though. Oh well, im sure there will be another one.

[quote name='kit352']I goota try this game at some point. I keep missing the cheap deals though. Oh well, im sure there will be another one.[/QUOTE]

Ha, i actually found one or should i say several. The BestBuy in Dorchester MA had about 10. I grabbed one. God knows when ill get around to playing it though, my back log is epic.

bread's done
Back