E3 2011 Predictions Thread

Madrocsz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Post your predictions and feel free to edit it up to E3 this year and lets see who makes the most correct ones. Agree with others or make your own. Hell, if anyone wishes to make a contest of it post some ideas.

Dates : June 7-9

Nintendo :

NEW Console
seeing as nintendo has been on the 5 year cycle lately and is needing to get into the HD market, this year is the year.

Star Fox Wii
No reason this hasn't been made yet, Wii remote in a flight stick peripheral?= win. Been my yearly prediction that never happens .

Super smash bros 3ds!

Playstation :

PS3 Price Drops
NGP Launch Date & Price
New move bundle
PS2 Games on PSN

Xbox :

360 Price drop

Game Announcements

Grand Theft Auto 5
Borderlands 2
Assassin's Creed 3

Last edited by a moderator:
NGP will be able to access and download PS2 games.. the PS3 will be able to shortly afterward. Purchases will be transferable between the two. Prices will range from $9.99 to $29.99.

Nintendo will shock everyone with their new console. It'll be everything we've hoped for and more.

More shovelware for Kinect and Move will be announced and debuted at E3

Left 4 Dead will return.. a version for PS3 will be announced, possibly L4D2 and L4D1 in a single package.

GTAV will be shown.. Saints Row 3 will be as well.. people will argue about which is better. I will buy both on the first day.

Microsoft will get into the portable market. It'll be on its network and can download original XBox games from an app-like store. You will be able to play them via Xbox Live on the portable.

I'm too tired to think of more fun predictions.

Chrono Trigger remake or sequel for the new Nintendo console. Very, very wishful thinking.

I could care else about anything else really. I'd like a Mass Effect 3 release date to know how long I will have to avoid the Mass Effect threads. :drool:

Sorny
- NGP price and date: $349/$399 and in November in Japan
- The Agent is actually revealed to be Grand Theft Auto V, and still PS3 exclusive
- PS3 price drop to $249
- Announcement of a PS2 backwards compatibility device for PS3
- Announcement of PS2 games coming to PS Store

Micro$oft
- Halo HD, remake of Combat Evolved, November release
- Forza 4 dated, October release
- Hulu Plus detailed/dated
- More Kinect games/praise than you can shake a fist at
- Final Fantasy Versus XIII shows up, no one cares

Nintendo
- Skyward Sword dated for September
- Kirby Wii dated for October
- Last Story, Xenoblade Chronicles announced for Western releases in Q1 2012
- Mario Kart 3DS, Animal Crossing 3DS, Kid Icarus Uprising dated for fall
- November's Big Console game: A 2D, Co-Op, Contra-style Metroid

Third Parties
- Gearbox will offend people again with Duke Nukem Forever again
- Beyond Good & Evil 2 "officially" announced
- Burnout Crash announced
- A first person shooter will be announced and overhyped
- Massive disappointment

There is only one thing that I 1: care about and 2: consider possible.

Some details about the next fucking Half-Life, you bastards.

Everything else can pretty much eat dicks.

EDIT: And when I say "details", I basically just want Valve to say, "Yeah, Episode 3 is our main focus right now. Also, there'll be a separate key for grenade throw - no need to specifically equip them."

Alls I want, guys.

[quote name='KingBroly']Sorny
- The Agent is actually revealed to be Grand Theft Auto V, and still PS3 exclusive
[/QUOTE]

I like this one,alot, quite plausible however no way rockstar would make it ps3 exclusive. ... damn

-Hideo Kojima coming on stage to talk about about Snake Eater 3DS (nintendo)
-Then go on to announce the release date to Metal Gear Rising (microsoft)
-Then finally make a "surprise" announcement of Metal Gear Solid 5, may show a teaser trailer hinting of a new Hero for the series.

picture.php

Completely overlooked the MGS rising release date, and yeah typical for him to announce his next project before the current one is even out.

I hope they announce a Max PAyne 3! I have waited so long for a new game so I would really freak out and probably cut myself if they annoucned a new one!!

[quote name='hankmecrankme']I am soooooooooooo hyped for Starcraft Ghost. It's going to be amazing. :drool:[/QUOTE]

That alreadt came out you fucking idiot

[quote name='Chacrana']That alreadt came out you fucking idiot[/QUOTE]

Dude, you're thinking of Starcraft 2.

I'm talking about Starcraft Ass. :drool:

I mean, Ghost.
starcraft-ghost-nova-big.jpg

Well looks like the Wii 2 AKA "Project Cafe" rumors have started.

Looks like they are stating a more powerful and better graphics than ps3/360 as well as going back to analog stick controls and a touchscreen on the controller.

All sounds great but I dont want to pay 800$ for a new system

Oh and nintendo realllllly needs trophies/achievements!

I'm really hoping that the new Wii will be more powerful than even the PS4 or XBOX (whatever it will be called). But, I'm not getting my hopes up too high. Their hardware is looking less and less attractive on each iteration; it's really sad too, because up until this generation, I was a Nintendo-only owner (except I did get a Genesis in addition to my SNES).

[quote name='hankmecrankme']CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE 3

Developed by Bungie.

Yes.[/QUOTE]

I sense a bit of sarcasm here but it'd probably be pretty great. I'd play it.

NGP price and date
Various PS2 game collections ported to the NGP
Starhawk(PS3)

Wii HD announced
Will have controller with a screen
Will have the ability to stream games to that screen(no tv required)
Better online market place with ability to redownload purchases.

Xbox
Alan Wake sequel announced
Forza 4
Kinect games
New ip

[quote name='Madrocsz']Well looks like the Wii 2 AKA "Project Cafe" rumors have started.

Looks like they are stating a more powerful and better graphics than ps3/360 as well as going back to analog stick controls and a touchscreen on the controller.

All sounds great but I dont want to pay 800$ for a new system

Oh and nintendo realllllly needs trophies/achievements![/QUOTE]

I'm guessing Nintendo's new home system will be $400 max at release. I think the 3DS launch has taught them a lesson about pricing high, and they won't make the mistake again.

And I'm betting Nintendo snubs achievements. It doesn't seem like their style.

Anyway:

Nintendo:
Possibly new console. Reggie said there is still tons for the Wii this year, but they said that about the Gamecube too and they essentially fucked us over with Twilight Princess five years ago.
Skyward Sword release date November or December, possibly ported to new console if that announcement happens. They'll likely do a gimped Wii release ala Twilight Princess GCN as well.
Smash Bros 3DS almost a certainty. Same with Mario Kart 3DS.
Pie in the sky: Xenoblade US release announced.

Microsoft:
Lots of Kinect shit.
Halo 1 HD remake for XBLA or double-pack retail with Halo 2.
Alan Wake 2 would be nice.
Possibly reveal of new Halo game from 343 Industries. I'm guessing Halo 4 or something else involving Master Chief.
Forza 4 likely announced.

Sony:
More Move stuff.
Uncharted 3 playable.
NGP final name, price and date.
Ratchet and Clank HD collection (Ratchet 1-3), and possibly another collection (Deadlocked, Size Matters, Secret Agent Clank)
Jak HD collection (Jak 1-3 + Lost Frontier)
Resistance 3 playable.

Third Parties:
More Valve games on PS3, possibly L4D.
Modern Warfare 3 announcement
Max Payne 3 trailer. (Game is already announced, BTW)
Dragon Age 3 announced.
Star Wars: The Old Republic, new CGI trailer, possibly a release date or narrower release window.
Beyond Good and Evil 2 announcement and trailer
Half-Life 2: Episode 3, or Half-Life 3, announced.
Skyrim playable.
New Final Fantasy Versus XIII trailer.
Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer (I really, really want this.)
New Quantic Dream game announced.
New Mega Man Legends 3 info.
Dark Souls playable
Tomb Raider reboot abandoned, new Legacy of Kain game announced (In my dreams...)

I think that's enough soothsaying for now.

[quote name='Madrocsz']Nintendo :

NEW Console
seeing as nintendo has been on the 5 year cycle lately and is needing to get into the HD market, this year is the year.[/QUOTE]
Why do they "NEED" to get an HD console out? I like that Nintendo is doing something radically different than the 'Big Two'. If Nintendo puts out a 'better' console though, hopefully they find a way to keep it priced around the launch price of the Wii to further stick it to MS and Sony.;)

Playstation :

PS3 Price Drops
NGP Launch Date & Price
New move bundle
PS2 Games on PSN
Don't care bout a price drop as I have 3 PS3's currently and trying to sell at least ONE now. Unless Sony releases the NGP at $50 I will NEVER have ANY interest in their(or Nintendo's) handhelds. As for Move, see prior statement. It's a fad and a stupid one at that.

As to the last point there, Sony can eat a big fat dick for milking the PS2 games by re-releasing them on PSN. Whether they cost $10 or $30, they're most assuredly going to be OVERPRICED, like 90% of the garbage on PSN currently. I have a cheap PS2 from Target and a fully BC PS3 now, so I'm set for ways to play my PS2 games. I don't need to get gouged per game for shit I already own.:roll:

Game Announcements

Grand Theft Auto 5
After the meh main story in GTA IV and the milking Rockstar did by releasing THREE different versions of the GTA games thus far this gen(GTA IV, GTA Episodes, GTA Complete) I'm taking a wait and see approach to the next GTA game. It will NOT be a day one purchase for me like last time.

The only way that'd change is if they added in Mercenaries style destructible environments but made them realistically destructible, a video recording feature ala Just Cause 2 and made the online a shitload more stable with fewer random kicks.

Will edit this as I give it more thought:

Nintendo:
- The Wii successor's controllers will detach for some portable/pedometer stuff. Will do AR stuff when attached to the system.
- Zelda SS demo'd, for release in November
- Surprise! Another new game from the same old franchises.
- Wisely, no mention of Vitality Sensor

If they love me:
Xenoblade coming by the end of the summer, The Last Story in Fall 2011.

MS:
- Halo something, zzzz.
- Something "hardcore" for Kinect
- New partnership for XBL content along the lines of ESPN

Sony:
- Several demos of NGP games, MG Rising shown off
- Short teaser for a game from one of Inafune's new companies

If they are smart:
No NGP price announced - because announcing it now will just give people that much more time to bitch about it. It would be wise to impress people with games and features now, and let them worry about price later. Mentioning that it will be "priced competitively" would help.

Misc:
- Steins;Gate coming from Atlus

Wow, guys, this is a prediction thread... not a wishlist. I know this is typical for predictions, but some of you are looking for a little too much.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

After the meh main story in GTA IV and the milking Rockstar did by releasing THREE different versions of the GTA games thus far this gen(GTA IV, GTA Episodes, GTA Complete) I'm taking a wait and see approach to the next GTA game. It will NOT be a day one purchase for me like last time.

The only way that'd change is if they added in Mercenaries style destructible environments but made them realistically destructible, a video recording feature ala Just Cause 2 and made the online a shitload more stable with fewer random kicks.[/QUOTE]

Only reason I say they will release GTA5 is for out of the 3 major games they have made lately, GTA, RDR and now LA Noire they are only contracted with roughly enough time to release one more (the team that creates these that is) and being it the oldest of the bunch and the highest rated as well as highest grossing and most in demand I dont see why they wouldnt.

Wishlists are fine, we get surprised every year with things no one saw coming (except for sony, they cant keep secrets lol) however I do think that like with nintendo they will annouce a new console but probably wont see a price or release date till TGS.

I'm predicting that Nintendo will announce the WiiHD/Wii2 officially (if they haven't done that before E3 already) and Bioware will finally give us a release date for SWTOR.

Dark souls = yes

KOTR needs to happen asap

Someone mentioned MW3 made by bungie... while sure would be nice to see them do so I dont know how bungie will fair with not making present day soldiers jump 30 feet in the air and use laser swords lol.

With the rumors of the new console for Nintendo, I wouldnt be surprised if it had some interconnectivity with the 3DS and even go so far as to say 3DS could be a controller option lol.

[quote name='Scorch']NGP will be able to access and download PS2 games.. the PS3 will be able to shortly afterward. Purchases will be transferable between the two. Prices will range from $9.99 to $29.99.
[/QUOTE]

This + trophies is the only thing I really want right now. A portable Dark Cloud 2?? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

The only real prediction I have is a shift in power back to Nintendo. Sony and M$ have become complacent with their drooler peripherals and really have nothing exciting to show for it. Nintendo on the other hand will likely rock the show by announcing their next console and heavy focus on third-party games. They really need this to become relevant again in the eyes of gamers.

If they get back on track, I would hope a few new IPs would be in the works for first-party titles. No more rehashing the same games, Nintendo, I want something new.

I'm wondering what's happening to Microsoft. They've had a great lineup through last year, but now seem to have abandoned the game market. Only two known games.

The three explanations I could come up with were:
-They've abandoned the game market
-They've got tons of stuff, but it's going to be unveiled at e3
-All development had shifted to the Xbox 3.

The last one is apparently not a possibility if the rumors of a 2014 launch are true. So that just leaves either they've hidden everything super well, and we'll get tons of games announced at e3 for this year and the next two...or they've abandoned the market.

MS will be showing a ton of games with Kinect features. That will be their E3.

Sony will show the NPG, Twisted Metal and "Agent." Maybe something Move related.

Nintendo will either show more 3DS, an add on to the Wii or a new console.

PC needs love at E3.

Sony
Final Fantasy 7 remake. Finally.
NGP price, release date and actual name
God of War 4 announced for NGP

Microsoft
Forza 4
New Halo game

Nintendo
The Last Story and Xenoblade both slated to release here this year
Dragon Quest X shown
Star Fox, F-Zero, and Kingdom Hearts 3 announced for the new console
Vitality Sensor demoed with a horror game (Fatal Frame)!

Unfortunately, I think the PSN breach will cast a cloud over anything Sony has to show at E3 pending how things go in May. Consumer confidence has been shattered at this point, so any time PSN is brought up during the show people will cringe.

I'll throw in my pennies.

Nintendo:
-"Wii2" announced

Microsoft:
-No idea.

Sony:
-No idea. Most likely a Uncharted 3 gameplay demonstration.

Yea, not much of an idea what's going to happen this year. Which provides more excitement. I'm most looking forward on seeing what Nintendo is up to. I have a feeling it will be great.

Sensing blood in the water over Sony's data breach, Sega will show a prototype of the Sega Dreamgenimasturngear drawn on a napkin which appears to be a dreamcast duct taped to a bluray player with bolted on speakers and lcd monitors.

Having learned much from the criticism of modern Sonic games, they will release the original Sonic again finally giving the fans what they truly want.

Understanding the failings of Sony and the dangers of the web, you can only play with your friends if they bring a console over and you buy the 100 dollar Monster/Sega crossover cable.

Release date will be 11/11/11.

Ratchet and Clank HD collection (Ratchet 1-3), and possibly another collection (Deadlocked, Size Matters, Secret Agent Clank)
Jak HD collection (Jak 1-3 + Lost Frontier)

SOLD!

Here's a few of my predictions from the Big 3 press conferences.

Xbox
The ability to use Ustream on Xbox Live
Direct TV partnership for NFL Sunday ticket on Xbox Live
HBO content on Xbox Live
New Forza game
First look at Halo 1 online
GOW side story game.

Nintendo
The next Nintendo system is finally announce (easy one).
The new system has 3D built in.
New Star Fox is announce
Legend of Zelda 25th anniversary edition is announce.

New Pikmin
Red Dead Redemption side story is announce for the 3DS.
Finally, we find out what the wii vitality sensor is for.

Sony

[quote name='dan13l858'].
Dragon Quest 25th anniversary edition is announce too.
[/QUOTE]

Looks like you got that correct. It was annouced today that a retail bundle for the Wii containing Dragon Quest 1,2, & 3 will be released. i will for sure be buying that.

[quote name='ayob']Looks like you got that correct. It was annouced today that a retail bundle for the Wii containing Dragon Quest 1,2, & 3 will be released. i will for sure be buying that.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? Nice

[quote name='ayob']Looks like you got that correct. It was annouced today that a retail bundle for the Wii containing Dragon Quest 1,2, & 3 will be released. i will for sure be buying that.[/QUOTE]

I just saw it on Kotaku. Cool. I'll take it off the list.

[quote name='casperinian']Sensing blood in the water over Sony's data breach, Sega will show a prototype of the Sega Dreamgenimasturngear drawn on a napkin which appears to be a dreamcast duct taped to a bluray player with bolted on speakers and lcd monitors.

Having learned much from the criticism of modern Sonic games, they will release the original Sonic again finally giving the fans what they truly want.

Understanding the failings of Sony and the dangers of the web, you can only play with your friends if they bring a console over and you buy the 100 dollar Monster/Sega crossover cable.

Release date will be 11/11/11.[/QUOTE]
Heh. In all seriousness, now is the time if Sega ever had plans to re-enter the fray. The console market has become stagnant and if Nintendo fails to impress, I can easily see a shift of gamers to PC in the coming years. Now that exclusives are all but extinct, it's really up to console makers to sway the market. Quite frankly, I see no value in money shops, online services, or royalty fees that have become standard to consoles. Why buy the cow when the milk is free (on PC)?

bread's done
Back