[EB Canada] Eternal Sonata - PS3 - $19.99

Afrodiziak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I'm sure this was mentioned in our forums somewhere but just thought I'd put it here to let everyone know. I have no idea if this is a reissue or if EB is just trying to clear out whatever stock they had sitting on shelves but $19.99 is a great price for a game that has been pretty hard to find (on the PS3).

If you can't find a copy in stores you can also get it through the EB Games website:

http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=203719

[quote name='Nukkus']no it is not. they put the whit retail tags on the used games, i watched them through the window while i was drinking my soda. if you are going to accuse someone of being a liar, then have the facts first, boyo.[/QUOTE]

i ment that selling used games as new games is lying, so calm down

[quote name='neozion']got it on goozex some time ago. really an excellent game with very pretty graphics. highly recommend it[/QUOTE]

Me too, $5.50 equivalent (360 version) :)

I kinda like the gutted thing at eb, at least for the deals. Half the rfders are upset about it as they want to use them for some sort of return scam (at least before wm tightened their retrun policy) or reselling. At least the gutting stops the return scams and makes the reselling a little harder

[quote name='Afrodiziak']I'm sure this was mentioned in our forums somewhere but just thought I'd put it here to let everyone know. I have no idea if this is a reissue or if EB is just trying to clear out whatever stock they had sitting on shelves but $19.99 is a great price for a game that has been pretty hard to find (on the PS3).

If you can't find a copy in stores you can also get it through the EB Games website:

http://www.gamestop.ca/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=203719[/QUOTE]

Seems like a reprint to me. I just snagged a copy and it came in that newer case style that just says Blu-ray on the top, without the Playstation 3 logo. Of course my copy is gutted, so who knows if EB didn't just do something weird...

[quote name='ragnar14']Seems like a reprint to me. I just snagged a copy and it came in that newer case style that just says Blu-ray on the top, without the Playstation 3 logo. Of course my copy is gutted, so who knows if EB didn't just do something weird...[/QUOTE]

Mine's in the same case, and it was new/sealed.

Definitely think it's a reprint.

[quote name='zoro69']Me too, $5.50 equivalent (360 version) :)

I kinda like the gutted thing at eb, at least for the deals. Half the rfders are upset about it as they want to use them for some sort of return scam (at least before wm tightened their retrun policy) or reselling. At least the gutting stops the return scams and makes the reselling a little harder[/QUOTE]

You've got a point. But around here, gutted means giant ass sticker ON the case and giant ass round sticker to seal the case together. Some of us are collectors and would rather not waste 5-10 minutes plucking these things away! It's especially egregious when they do that to cardboard cases (limited edition DS / PS3 games).

If it wasn't for the stickers, I could live with their shameless gutting. The way they play hacky sack with used items however...

It looks like the Eternal Sonata has made it to the west. I just picked up a sealed copy from the Metrotown EB. They have several left when I left around 4:30pm.

Often games like that have overstock that aren't being shipped to stores until major sales. Katamari Damacy was always a rarity around here (GTA), and then a couple years ago at one of the big EB sales they got a wackload of them for $15-20 ech. When I still worked there I normally attempted to find games for people if I had the spare time and use EB $$ to get them shipped to the store for them. Rarely found most of the stuff people were asking for though.

I got it off eBay about a year ago for $40 and I still haven't played it. I really should start.

With all these older RPGs suddenly showing up at EB again, I wonder if they'll ever restock Valkyria Chronicles. It'd be nice if they snagged some copies from their US stores for sale up here.

[quote name='Eoyote']With all these older RPGs suddenly showing up at EB again, I wonder if they'll ever restock Valkyria Chronicles. It'd be nice if they snagged some copies from their US stores for sale up here.[/QUOTE]

Not the same publisher, but who knows

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']Not the same publisher, but who knows[/QUOTE]

Not sure why you'd think I believed them to be the same publisher. I was commenting on the fact that EB has been selling a bunch of discontinued RPGs this month (Vesperia, Disgaea, Eternal Sonata) which is pretty surprising given they're all in the same genre and are generally pretty hard to find.

bread's done
Back