EB Games.ca Now Sells Games Online!

KILLER TREKKY

CAGiversary!
EB Games.ca which has changed to Gamestop.ca now sells games online. Some of the used games seam pretty reasonably priced, especially if you can't find it in a local store.

[quote name='gamer602']today is the day EB died in Canada

Rest In Peace, buddy[/QUOTE]

EB died a bit each day ever since the american counterpart got involved with the canadian side.

this store is officially a joke now.

I've been waiting for them to update their website to something useful. However, I am a bit irked that it is under the Gamestop name.

[quote name='dave17']I've been waiting for them to update their website to something useful. However, I am a bit irked that it is under the Gamestop name.[/QUOTE]

They're slowly phasing out eb games.. all new stores are opening under the Gamestop brand.

[quote name='TripleQ']They're slowly phasing out eb games.. all new stores are opening under the Gamestop brand.[/QUOTE]

Triple have you seen the GameStop in Conestoga Mall? It's huge!

[quote name='Gerwich']That's because they're different games.
The $45 one is the Wii version, and the $25 one is the Gamecube version.[/QUOTE]
Heh. Looks like they fixed it. Both listings were virtually identical the last time I checked. What a mess.

Mirror's Edge $9.99 on their site.
Are you able to price match this price at a walmart, or bestbuy?( cause last time i tried to pm a online price at walmart they wouldnt let me:p)

[quote name='Gerwich']That's because they're different games.
The $45 one is the Wii version, and the $25 one is the Gamecube version.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CHW']Heh. Looks like they fixed it. Both listings were virtually identical the last time I checked. What a mess.[/QUOTE]

yeah, it looks like its been fixed now. both postings were the same when the site just started up.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Triple have you seen the GameStop in Conestoga Mall? It's huge![/QUOTE]

Yeah, the old eb there was way too cramped. I don't think it's that much bigger than the non-mall locations though.

I placed an order for CoD MW2 for Xbox 360 with my gift card, so I didn't pay anything. This is great for people with gift cards, and are under 17. The game has been shipped, and will come with the manual and case according to a response from a email I sent them. By the way, if it says that your order is "Closed", that means that it got shipped.

[quote name='Snoopskunk']Mirror's Edge $9.99 on their site.
Are you able to price match this price at a walmart, or bestbuy?( cause last time i tried to pm a online price at walmart they wouldnt let me:p)[/QUOTE]

Last time I was in Walmart Mirror's Edge was $10 in their bin. I was kinda considering getting it cause I need a replacement 360 case, but I passed on it :lol:

I really liked Mirror's Edge (in spite of it's flaws) and it hurts me a little to see it selling for less than some old shitty sports titles, while other (clearly worse) games sell for $15-$20. Maybe in a few years the price will go back up when it gets hard to find.

As for EB Games online, we all knew it was coming but I expected a bit more of a "launch".

[quote name='GameDeals.ca']I really liked Mirror's Edge (in spite of it's flaws) and it hurts me a little to see it selling for less than some old shitty sports titles, while other (clearly worse) games sell for $15-$20. Maybe in a few years the price will go back up when it gets hard to find.

As for EB Games online, we all knew it was coming but I expected a bit more of a "launch".[/QUOTE]

My local EB has flyers saying that the online store will open in December so I am thinking that they launched it early to make sure it worked first then will be advertising and hopefully having some deals early in Dec. for its official launch.
Until then is there a Canadian Video Game retailer that I can order games from online for great prices?;)

[quote name='NoName#1']My local EB has flyers saying that the online store will open in December so I am thinking that they launched it early to make sure it worked first then will be advertising and hopefully having some deals early in Dec. for its official launch.
Until then is there a Canadian Video Game retailer that I can order games from online for great prices?;)[/QUOTE]

well there's videogameplus.ca, gamedeals.ca/store, dell.ca (sometimes it has good deals), other than that, i can't really think of any other places, unless you count Futureshop/Best Buy I guess.

The 2 copies of Fight Night Round 4 (PS3) I ordered for $15 each (used) during Friday's pricing error went-through, and I got the shipment today. Both copies came with their original manual and case, and the disks are in good condition. I just wished I thought of using my Edge Card discount, but there was only a few copies left when I saw the price listing and I was rushing to make my order before someone-else snatched them. Oh well, still content with what I got.

maybe I'm blind ( or the fact it's 3:30 am), but I didn't see the field to use my edge card when ordering from their website. Any help?

[quote name='cynar']maybe I'm blind ( or the fact it's 3:30 am), but I didn't see the field to use my edge card when ordering from their website. Any help?[/QUOTE]

"You can take advantage of Edge member benefits on GameStop.ca by entering the number found on the bottom of the yellow sticker into the "promotional code" box found on the shopping cart page."

[quote name='kathos']They're in weird parts though, like way out east (Scarborough) and some weird PO BOX address store. I'm guessing this is good for the collectors...[/QUOTE]

The weird PO Box address store is right in the middle of downtown Toronto, in the underground mall in the Financial District.

May have to head down there and pick it up. :D

[quote name='TheHeeyyy']"You can take advantage of Edge member benefits on GameStop.ca by entering the number found on the bottom of the yellow sticker into the "promotional code" box found on the shopping cart page."[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I posted this in another thread, but figured it belonged in this thread too:

I emailed EB Games / GameStop Customer Service regarding their return policy and the response I got was that you can NOT exchange or return a game if you are unsatisfied with the condition of the game (unless it is still unopened, which is unlikely because you'll need to open it to check the condition of the manual and game disc)!

Unless the disc is defective, you won't be able to return it. And even then, you have to exchange it for the same game if they have it in stock (and it will just be the disc exchanged, so they don't have to give you the proper case, cover art, and/or manual if they have it. So if you get a game with no manual (or damaged manual), scratched disc (but still working), non-original case, and/or no cover art... you're stuck with it, unless you don't open it.

Shipping/Handling fees are NON-refundable.

You can return the unopened or defective game (within 30 days of the date on the packing list) to ANY EB or GS store (WITH the original packing list), or you can ship it back at your own expense.

If you send back a game and they decide it doesn't qualify for a refund, they will NOT ship back the game to you OR refund your money!

That all being said, if you run into a rare nice EB employee or Manager, they are of course allowed to use their own discretion, and might do the exchange for you.

As for my other question about the EDGE card not being tax-free on the website... they said they forwarded it on and will get back to me with the answer as to why.

Ahhh so we're talking about missing instructions... I guess it matters for some. For me it just sits in the case, I spend my time playing the game.

EB/Gamestop needed to do a better job of marketing their online site. The only reason I found out about it was because I went to their online site on day and it was all of a sudden exactly like Gamestop.com, at first I thought that they shut down the Canadian site (due to how terrible it was) and just sent me to the American site.

The one good thing about the Canadian site is that the used 360 core I bought was $99.99 (before tax), while the American site is selling the identical system (with the wireless controller) for $120. It's weird that Canadians would get a better deal, and I also hope it lasts.

I just received the used 360 core I ordered and I my opinion of their online service is mixed.

I was quite happy about how fast my item shipped, especially since I got free shipping, but it did only come from Brampton ON...
I was also impressed by how well they packaged the console, but there was a hole in the box. I assume that was Puralator's fault though...

What I was REALLY unimpressed about was how the wireless controller did not come with the backing that you put the batteries in. How could they mess up something as simple as that? I might be being too hard on them, but if I lived nowhere near an EB Games/Gamestop I would be fucked.

What I was REALLY unimpressed about was how the wireless controller did not come with the backing that you put the batteries in.

Wow. Will avoid their online service like the plague. Sounds like a great place for them to dump their incomplete inventory. Does the Xbox work at all?

[quote name='RchrdJ']What I was REALLY unimpressed about was how the wireless controller did not come with the backing that you put the batteries in. How could they mess up something as simple as that? I might be being too hard on them, but if I lived nowhere near an EB Games/Gamestop I would be fucked.[/QUOTE]

That really sucks! You could always get a rechargeable battery kit, as those don't need covers. Plus you'd save on batteries in the long run, I guess?

[quote name='RchrdJ']What I was REALLY unimpressed about was how the wireless controller did not come with the backing that you put the batteries in. How could they mess up something as simple as that? I might be being too hard on them, but if I lived nowhere near an EB Games/Gamestop I would be fucked.[/QUOTE]

It may be a sign. A sign that you should get the recharge kit since they want to milk you for more money (eb doesn't sell regular batteries so they don't profit from you using standard batteries)

Wow, I was hoping EB would find a way to rip more people off. They're always the last stores to do universal price drops on games. If its $30 everywhere, EB will have it for $40.

Nice touch with the no guarantee on cases and booklets for used games. Especially when they sell used games for the same price as it is new and you only get a discount with the Edge card... Hmm, so I save 10% off a game if I don't mind it showing up in a paper sleeve?!? WHERE DO I SIGN UP!

I won't be buying anything online from them mainly due to the non-tax-free edge card, plus the non-case/manual thing. However, I find their inventory checker pretty useful.. it seems to work pretty well, I bought the last copy of something from a store and sure enough, it showed up as out-of-stock online the next day. Makes it easier to find hard to get collectors editions, or prices on used games for trades, etc.

[quote name='TripleQ']I won't be buying anything online from them mainly due to the non-tax-free edge card, plus the non-case/manual thing. However, I find their inventory checker pretty useful.. it seems to work pretty well, I bought the last copy of something from a store and sure enough, it showed up as out-of-stock online the next day. Makes it easier to find hard to get collectors editions, or prices on used games for trades, etc.[/QUOTE]

I've had trouble with the inventory checker. I know it's not going to be perfect right away, but I hate how it always seems to happen to me lol. I was looking for new copies of Infinite Undiscovery/Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core Plus (PS2), IU was actually used when I went instore and GG was really the PSP version. D: Just a little mix-up, but still an annoyance.

But yeah, when I did actually track them down, the next day it showed as OOS.

[quote name='jeffx']Wow. Will avoid their online service like the plague. Sounds like a great place for them to dump their incomplete inventory. Does the Xbox work at all?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it worked fine. Although the official warranty sticker seemed to have been cut. But if I open it for a repair, I'll heat up the big EB games warranty sticker so I can reapply it if needed.

[quote name='RchrdJ']Yeah, it worked fine. Although the official warranty sticker seemed to have been cut. But if I open it for a repair, I'll heat up the big EB games warranty sticker so I can reapply it if needed.[/QUOTE]
Yeesh. That sounds super dodgy. No thanks EBGames.ca. =P

[quote name='CHW']Yeesh. That sounds super dodgy. No thanks EBGames.ca. =P[/QUOTE]

Not really, considering it's pretty dodgy that they sold me a system with the original warranty sticker ripped. Who knows what the previous owner has done to the system...

So I brought my 360 to EB games to get the back of the controller that was supposed to come with my 360, but they were of no help. They said that they are not affiliated with EBGames.ca and that I was supposed to deal with this online.

Then I was like fuck!!!!!!!!!

So I call the number that was online and it was long distance, so I was paying to talk to them about a problem they caused...

I was surprised though by their customer service, I was only on hold for maybe a minute before I got to talk to someone:)
The customer service representative was really nice and we got the problem straightened out.

They couldn't send me a replacement backing, so instead they are sending me a Play & Charge kit for no cost (pretty nice). I said some bad things about this site, but in the end they were pretty good.

Bravo Gamestop.ca, Bravo :applause:

It's amazing really... People in Canada ask for things like ebgames.com or amazon.com so we can shop and get good deals just like those .com stores. Then they throw us trash like gamestop.ca and amazon.ca where everything is at least retail price if not a bit more. Then their bargains are shit like 'buy one imagine or petz ds game and get one free'
Total BS. They will end up closing the websites saying some crap about how there is no market in canada for our service. Well no...there is...just don't expect us to pay retail+ more to shop at home. There has to be at least some sort of incentive like the deals on the American stores.

Worse yet is that we can't order straight through Amazon.com marketplace for video games

bread's done
Back