EB Games - Dead or Alive Ultimate 19.99 w/ bonus

I just got mine via fedex (this was nice since it was free shipping) and the seal is completely legit. The sticker for Xbox Live is exactly where it is supposed to be

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I just got mine via fedex (this was nice since it was free shipping) and the seal is completely legit. The sticker for Xbox Live is exactly where it is supposed to be[/QUOTE]

You lucky bastard...:mrgreen:

I finally got in on this deal! Thank you! Here is what my receipt looks like: (I used the coupon codes PPLAY15 and SAVER)

1 Croc -Preplayed 1.99 $1.99
1 Dead or Alive Ultimate with Bonus! 19.99 $19.99
Total Discount $ -0.30
Subtotal $21.68
S&H FREE
Sales Tax $1.71 (I Live in CA)
Total $23.39

[quote name='KAR10']The page shows at $19.99 but when I add to the cart it reverts to $34.99 :([/QUOTE]

Same here. The item page still says 19.99, but once you add it it's 35. Sigh. Guess it's dead.

[quote name='Masterkyo']anyone in here received FREE BONUS Items ??[/QUOTE]

I didn't.

*EDIT* The two trading cards are inside the copy of DOA 1.

Also, for those looking to buy it, try again. It just showed $19.99 when I added to cart just now.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Same here. The item page still says 19.99, but once you add it it's 35. Sigh. Guess it's dead.[/QUOTE]

It's working now!

Otherwise call them. I placed my order over the phone and they do have the correct price :) 1-877-432-9675

OK they fixed the price now. I called earlier and they said its $34.99 and thats the right price, but now it seems they changed their mind. :booty:

Anyway, placed my order:

$0.99 PC Monopoly Tycoon
$7.99 XBX Brute Force - Pre-Played
$19.99 XBX Dead or Alive Ultimate with Bonus!
$0.99 PC Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
--------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal: $29.96

Total Discount: -$1.20
Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $1.91
--------

Total: $30.67

[quote name='dcfox']I need somebody to talk me out of buying this. I don't have live and I already have DOA2 for the DC. Is this really worth it?[/QUOTE]

If you don't have Live, don't bother, especially if you have it for DC. It's the same thing you already own.

I wrote a nice, detailed review on GameFAQs, if you're interested. My name there is "yyr57695."

Here's an interesting thing,

I ordered this game plus I had in my cart the PreOwned copy of Beach Spikers for GC, used the two coupons (CAG15 plus Saver) and my Edge card no. then when I went to check out, Beach Spikers had disappeared, however as a consolation (I guess) I still had free shipping for this new game. Now I received the game, looked to be in great condition, all shrinkwrapped (the XBox seals are on each disk case under the shrinkwrap for each case so it looks pristine) and I took a look at the invoice and in the end they charged me $1.99 for shipping but reduced the price of the game to $17.99 so it netted out the same as if I bought the game for 19.99 and free shipping.

Final note, I did not find the "Bonus" for this enclosed in my game - the lenticular card? I did not open up the two cases containing the discs yet, so I may give a call to EB to see what's up with that.

Still not sure if I should have bought this as I do not have a full subscript to LIVE, however there's a sticker on the outside that talks about a 2 month trial for LIVE.

On the other hand , I do not have the DC version of this game so maybe its worthwhile as an addition to my version of DOA3 that I have currently.

Thanks OP

My last regret was forgetting to add in the 99Cent ATari Anniversary game for PC oh well.

[quote name='borg20001']Here's an interesting thing,

I ordered this game plus I had in my cart the PreOwned copy of Beach Spikers for GC, used the two coupons (CAG15 plus Saver) and my Edge card no. then when I went to check out, Beach Spikers had disappeared, however as a consolation (I guess) I still had free shipping for this new game. Now I received the game, looked to be in great condition, all shrinkwrapped (the XBox seals are on each disk case under the shrinkwrap for each case so it looks pristine) and I took a look at the invoice and in the end they charged me $1.99 for shipping but reduced the price of the game to $17.99 so it netted out the same as if I bought the game for 19.99 and free shipping.

Final note, I did not find the "Bonus" for this enclosed in my game - the lenticular card? I did not open up the two cases containing the discs yet, so I may give a call to EB to see what's up with that.

Still not sure if I should have bought this as I do not have a full subscript to LIVE, however there's a sticker on the outside that talks about a 2 month trial for LIVE.

On the other hand , I do not have the DC version of this game so maybe its worthwhile as an addition to my version of DOA3 that I have currently.

Thanks OP

My last regret was forgetting to add in the 99Cent ATari Anniversary game for PC oh well.[/QUOTE]

The Bonus is inside one of the game cases. Just some cheapo trading cards made out of cheap cardboard.

for anyone looking for more incentive or perhaps less reason for regret, this does have a $5 pricegrabber review, you could combine it with a cheap used game that also has a $5 review (say brute force) to glide into free shipping

anybody have a theory about this price yo-yoing at ebgames? $19.99 ... $34.99 ... $19.99... out of stock... $19.99 ... $34.99 ... $19.99...

[quote name='Calico']anybody have a theory about this price yo-yoing at ebgames? $19.99 ... $34.99 ... $19.99... out of stock... $19.99 ... $34.99 ... $19.99...[/QUOTE]

Disgruntled employees?

Sweet, just got mine in this morning (ordered a week ago)... 20 bucks for this is an incredible deal, add to that the penny DOA:U guide I had been stashing away... and it makes the deal even better
(added NFL Fever 2003 XB for 1.69 to my cart to get the free shipping)

8918002_1b0f7bd5a6.jpg

Did anyone get any cards different than these?

Btw: 2 of them were from a copy I traded in at EB awhile ago because it was pretty banged up and I wanted a mint package.

Mine came in and was brand new and slick. I'm glad EB didn't pull a used-game switcheroo on me.

I'll check the cards later to see which ones I got.

EDIT

Okay, I just checked and also got Tina and LeiFang. I guess those are the ones everyone got.

My plastic wrapper said in telling blue letters "Made in Mexico." lol, good to know!

Just got mine today. Factory sealed and in mint condition.
Too bad the offer for the free 2 month subscription to LIVE has expired. :(

Try it anyway, it still worked for me. But that may be just 'cause I'm in Ca, where gift cards and the like don't expire.

it would be tough for this one to be resealed, considering the inner seals for both discs. considerably more work than just running through a sealer, i wouldnt be terribly surprised if there was any resealing nonsense, but my copy was new

Mine was brand new, as were all the other games that I've ordered from them new off the web site.

The only strange one that I've bought lately was a Metal Gear ACID from the local store. I could have sworn that it was sealed in cellophane, but maybe it was re-sealed, since the insert is actually torn. I sure didn't do it.

Re: question of whether this is worth it --- if you have DOA3 and don't care much for online play, then it's def. not worth it. The online play is okay, but the game pretty much plays exactly the same as DOA3 -- and there are a few things (b/c this is DOA2) that are missing and actually make this game's controls feel primitive compared to DOA3. Now, arguably, the graphics are great and all (and yes, there are costumes), but the CG is not nearly as good and well, you know DOA has no real single player storyline...

[quote name='CaptPete']Mine was brand new, as were all the other games that I've ordered from them new off the web site.

The only strange one that I've bought lately was a Metal Gear ACID from the local store. I could have sworn that it was sealed in cellophane, but maybe it was re-sealed, since the insert is actually torn. I sure didn't do it.[/QUOTE]

thats weird.. my Metal Gear ACID insert is torn too, at the top were it says "PSP" on the front of the package. I'm going to buy another at EB and return the torn one.

[quote name='bugg33']thats weird.. my Metal Gear ACID insert is torn too, at the top were it says "PSP" on the front of the package. I'm going to buy another at EB and return the torn one.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly where mine is torn, right in the middle of the PSP logo on the front. That's just bizzare.

[quote name='chrishicks']
I got mine but haven't had a chance to open it yet. can someone tell me if the bonus cards in the game case itself?[/QUOTE]

Mine were in one of the game cases, although I don't remember which one it was. Not real exciting once all is said and done though, since they're not even printed on good, glossy cardstock. =(

I need to get this. My friend rented the game, and I liked it. I actually almost got it when I got my Xbox during the TRU B1G1 sale last fall, but I got Mortal Kombat: Deception instead. Bad decision.

Hell, if I could get 2 copies, I could play one and trade in another for more than I paid for it, which would really help with paying for WrestleMania 21. Buying 2 copies doesn't classify as "hoarding" does it? Heh.

[quote name='Matt Young']I need to get this. My friend rented the game, and I liked it. I actually almost got it when I got my Xbox during the TRU B1G1 sale last fall, but I got Mortal Kombat: Deception instead. Bad decision.

Hell, if I could get 2 copies, I could play one and trade in another for more than I paid for it, which would really help with paying for WrestleMania 21. Buying 2 copies doesn't classify as "hoarding" does it? Heh.[/QUOTE]

If you are going to trade it still sealed for $50 I would call it fraud.

bread's done
Back