EBGames Canada 10$ game deal?

CoffeeMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Has anyone heard of EBGames Canada having a 10$ game deal, soon?

Where each day they have a different game on sale for 10$.
From what i've heard Battalion Wars, Odama and Metroid Prime Pinball where on the list.

CheapyD Edit:

[quote name='CoffeeMan'] here's the full list till the end of july

I found this on redflag deals website and it was taken from Gamefaq's...

"Here's a complete list for every day until July 21. All titles are $9.89 unless otherwise marked

June 16: The Con (PSP); Pariah (XB - $0.01 with purchase of any other XBox game)
June 17: MLP (PSP); The Con (PSP)

June 18: DragonBallZ Sagas (PS2); Rainbow Six Lockdown (XB)
June 19: DK: King of Swing (GBA); Mario Tennis: Power Tour (GBA)
June 20: Timesplitters (PS2); Urban Reign (PS2)
June 21: Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC); Urban Reign (PS2)
June 22: Timesplitters (PS2); Operation Spy (PS2)
June 23: Without Warning (PS2); Madden 2005 (XB)
June 24: Rainbow Six Lockdown (XB); Timesplitters (XB)

June 25: NHL 2005 (XB); Ape Escape: Ape Academy (PSP)
June 26: Metroid Prime Pinball (DS); Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (PC)
June 27: DK: King of Swing (GBA); Mario Tennis: Power Tour (GBA)
June 28: The Matrix: Path of Neo (PC); Bet on Soldier (PC)
June 29: Battallion Wars (GC); Odama (GC)
June 30: Act of War (PC); Pariah (PC - $0.01)
***July 1***: Pac-Man World 3 (PC); Conflict Global Terror (PC)

Don't forget that on July 1st GST drops to 6%!

July 2: Viewtiful Joe (PS2); Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC)
July 3: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (NG); The Sims: Bustin' Out (NG - $0.89)
July 4: City of Villains (PC - $9.97); Freedom Force: The 3rd Reich
July 5: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (GC - w/o bongos); Donkey Konga (GC - w/ bongos)
July 6: Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (PC); Operation Shadow (NG - $0.89)
July 7: 187 Ride or Die (PS2); NBA Live 2005 (XB)
July 8: The Matrix: Path of Neo (PC); The Getaway: Black Monday (PS2)

July 9: City of Villains (PC - $9.97); Total Overdose (PC)
July 10: Total Overdose (PC); Ultima Online : Samurai Empire (PC)
July 11: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (GC - w/o bongos); Donkey Konga (GC - w/ bongos)
July 12: American Chopper (XB); Rainbow Six Lockdown (XB)
July 13: 50 Cent Bulletproof (PS2); Pariah (PC - $0.01)
July 14: 50 Cent Bulletproof (PS2/XB)
July 15: Neopets Petpet Adventures: The Wand of Wishing (PSP); 50 Cent Bulletproof (XB)

July 16: 50 Cent Bulletproof (XB); Pariah (PC - $0.01)
July 17: Asheron's Call: Throne of Destiny (PC); Disney's Toontown Online (PC)
July 18: Cold Wars (PC - $7.97); SSX: Out of Bounds (NG - $0.89)
July 19: DK: King of Swing (GBA); Mario Power Tennis (GBA)
July 20: City of Villains (PC - $9.97); The Matrix: Path of Neo (PC - $1.89)
July 21: Need for Speed Underground (XB); Act of War (PC)"

Print, highlight and shop
icon_razz.gif
[/quote]

[quote name='Spades22']Dang...now I wish I would have bought more than 1! thats a 25 dollar profit right there! You're buying a players choice title for 10 bucks! Hmm I have to look in to the other games coming out and make some money...[/quote]

It seems like whenever I see this deal posted on different websites, people always try to ruin it for everyone else. With such limited quantities, combined with the popularity of some of the items in this deal (eg.Donkey Konga/JB), it's hard enough getting a copy for oneself to play with. Having assholes that go and try to buy as many copies as they can to make "profit", or buying copies they don't need to trade in/sell just makes it that much harder. If you truly wanted to make a profit, there are many other ways to do so, with other items that aren't in very limited quantity - instead of fucking it up for everyone else by hoarding the copies.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Well, I thought I'd participate in the Game Of The Day myself!

Picked Up Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 for 9.99 each.
1 was in "meh" condition, and 2 was completley new and sealed.
I may go tomorrow for Sims (89CENTS!) but I'll probably just wait for the 5th or whatever day Donkey Konga and Jungle Beat are up.

And also, Is Freedom Force an online game? Is it free for online play?[/quote]

You picked up Viewtiful Joe for the PS2 and Viewtiful Joe for the GC right? Or did you somehow manage to convince the guy to sell you the original VJ for the GC as well?

I picked up VJ2 for GC myself as well when it first became GOTD, and although you aren't saving very much (normally sells for $15), it's still one of the more original titles with plenty of style and polish. It's definitely worth the $10, so I'd recommend others to pick it up as well. (There are still sealed copies in Brentwood Mall if people are looking to buy one)

As for Freedom Force, just do a simple search online in any major game website and they'll have the details there.

To Ramman, where I live the EB games is very empty and I rarely see more than 1 person inside. I went late afternoon and not one copy of either had been sold, so I really dont see a problem had I bought more than just 1. I mean if there were lots wanting them, of course I wouldn't bother. I don't think anyone even knew about the deal...

[quote name='Azumangaman']Well, I thought I'd participate in the Game Of The Day myself!

Picked Up Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2 for 9.99 each.
1 was in "meh" condition, and 2 was completley new and sealed.
I may go tomorrow for Sims (89CENTS!) but I'll probably just wait for the 5th or whatever day Donkey Konga and Jungle Beat are up.

And also, Is Freedom Force an online game? Is it free for online play?[/quote]

Single player and free online play as well.

Was among a lot of sites top PC games of 2005 so unlike most of the other games this one is a must have for PC gamers IMO :D

[quote name='Azumangaman']Yes the Viewtiful games were for different consoles (I have both, So it isn't an issue).

So, does Donkey Konga have the drums or not?[/quote]

yea it does, at least from what the guy at eb told me

[quote name='Spades22']To Ramman, where I live the EB games is very empty and I rarely see more than 1 person inside. I went late afternoon and not one copy of either had been sold, so I really dont see a problem had I bought more than just 1. I mean if there were lots wanting them, of course I wouldn't bother. I don't think anyone even knew about the deal...[/quote]
My comment wasn't aimed directly at you, but it was more about me voicing my annoyance of seeing people saying things like, "since it's so cheap, you should just buy the copies and trade them into BlockBuster." It's also aimed towards people that buy up a majority (or significant portion) of the stock left, leaving others out of the deal (Eg. 5 copies of DK left and buying 4 copies, and usually trading/selling those copies afterwards).

By the way, which area do you live in? The EB's near me in Vancouver are always packed with people. :bomb:

[quote name='Spinoff360']
Single player and free online play as well.

Was among a lot of sites top PC games of 2005 so unlike most of the other games this one is a must have for PC gamers IMO :D
[/QUOTE]
Hmm I did a quick check of the game after your "endorsement" ;)...LOL it was nothing like I thought. From the title I was expecting a realistic WWII game (freedom, 3rd reich, etc), but instead is a comic book style game involving super heros :D...still looks ok though~

[quote name='maigoyume']
yea it does, at least from what the guy at eb told me
[/QUOTE]
I think someone mentioned some stores say it includes Bongos, while others say it doesn't. :cry: Which EB did you talk to? The one in Oakridge Mall?

[quote name='Ramman77']My comment wasn't aimed directly at you, but it was more about me voicing my annoyance of seeing people saying things like, "since it's so cheap, you should just buy the copies and trade them into BlockBuster." It's also aimed towards people that buy up a majority (or significant portion) of the stock left, leaving others out of the deal (Eg. 5 copies of DK left and buying 4 copies, and usually trading/selling those copies afterwards).

By the way, which area do you live in? The EB's near me in Vancouver are always packed with people. :bomb:

Hmm I did a quick check of the game after your "endorsement" ;)...LOL it was nothing like I thought. From the title I was expecting a realistic WWII game (freedom, 3rd reich, etc), but instead is a comic book style game involving super heros :D...still looks ok though~

I think someone mentioned some stores say it includes Bongos, while others say it doesn't. :cry: Which EB did you talk to? The one in Oakridge Mall?[/quote]
yep, I can only head to one EB, especially since my only form of transportation is a bike (not complaining, my own fault that i don't like driving) but i digress, last time I talked to the manager at EB and he said he didn't think they included the bongos, however when i talked to the employee, he said they were included, well anyways i have a backup plan ;)

Well I dont want to say exactly where I live but its a pretty small city, however it still has many EB Games stores (5 or so I think) So theres lots of stock.

[quote name='Spades22']Well I dont want to say exactly where I live but its a pretty small city, however it still has many EB Games stores (5 or so I think) So theres lots of stock.[/quote]

Lucky you, theres only like 3 in vancouver, the rest you gotta head out for :cry:

wow and in a large city like Vancouver it must be nuts! The only time I've ever seen my EB games completely packed was on the launch of the last-gen systems lol.

[quote name='Spades22']wow and in a large city like Vancouver it must be nuts! The only time I've ever seen my EB games completely packed was on the launch of the last-gen systems lol.[/quote]

definitely, which is why i get there when they open so people (like that guy who i ran into on the 29th) don't buy out all the copies

[quote name='Spades22']Ya that must be frustrating to not get a copy because of people like that.[/quote]

I manage to get a copy for myself because i go so early, but for those that are busy, i feel bad for them. Its unfortunate when someone is being greedy and not allowing others to experience the game for themselves.

Yep...funny thing is I dont even think he made much money if any at all. I phoned some trading stores out of curiousity and they all knew about it. Plus someone posted on the Trading section in these forums and it doesn't look like he's making much or going to make much after all is said and done...

[quote name='Spades22']Yep...funny thing is I dont even think he made much money if any at all. I phoned some trading stores out of curiousity and they all knew about it. Plus someone posted on the Trading section in these forums and it doesn't look like he's making much or going to make much after all is said and done...[/quote]

apparently blockbuster gives $35 store credit for one copy, he bought like 4 or 5, assuming he trades 3 in hes making 300% profit on each, which comes to $105!!! he only had to pay $30 for them ;) but thats just what i think

For Freedom Force, I called the guy a few minutes ago to put it on hold for today. Happily enough, he completley obliged.

When I pick it up tonight, I can also ask them if Donkey Konga comes with the Bongos.

[quote name='Ramman77']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99332

One of the asshats that bought 4 copies for "profit". Heh good thing others know that he paid $8 US for the games and shut him down.

Blockbuster sucks anyways. Store credit only means that you can either use it to rent movies (theatres/dl FTW) and used games.[/quote]

Yea I was browsing the forums and found this punk, good that he got screwed over haha. Serves him right for being a greedy bum. depriving CAGer's of good deals :bomb:

Well lol with 35$ store credit I might have bought 1 copy extra just so I can rent like.... 5 or 6 games? not bad...2 bucks each rental.

[quote name='Spades22']Well lol with 35$ store credit I might have bought 1 copy extra just so I can rent like.... 5 or 6 games? not bad...2 bucks each rental.[/quote]

true enough, but then some poor CAGer might have been deprived of this game (haven't opened it yet so not quite sure if its good or not)

Not where I live...thats for sure lol. Odama I've basically beaten already, I'm on the last level. It's really not that hard or long at all...I don't understand why everyone says its such a hard game. The Spider Temple level I only had trouble on, but not because of its difficulty, only because of what you had to do and that I never noticed it. (You'll most likely see what I mean when you get there.) Half the levels I beat on my first try and the rest took 3-4 tries tops. Battalion Wars is actually longer, more fun, and almost just as hard really. Battalion Wars I think I got 2-3 levels left... Odama is pretty fun though, I just don't like yelling in the mic all the time, but its really cool if your the only one in the house lol. I'd say its definitely worth 10 bucks though, but 70 not a chance.

[quote name='Spades22']Not where I live...thats for sure lol. Odama I've basically beaten already, I'm on the last level. It's really not that hard or long at all...I don't understand why everyone says its such a hard game. The Spider Temple level I only had trouble on, but not because of its difficulty, only because of what you had to do and that I never noticed it. (You'll most likely see what I mean when you get there.) Half the levels I beat on my first try and the rest took 3-4 tries tops. Battalion Wars is actually longer, more fun, and almost just as hard really. Battalion Wars I think I got 2-3 levels left... Odama is pretty fun though, I just don't like yelling in the mic all the time, but its really cool if your the only one in the house lol. I'd say its definitely worth 10 bucks though, but 70 not a chance.[/quote]

i forget what the MSRP is for that game but i think it was only 60, but anyways i'll try it out after i've beaten my other games :D

lol well I only buy games once I do beat one, so ya...I dont buy games very much. I think I have bought about 15, with these 2 being 17, since the gamecube launch. Battalion Wars is a really awesome game though. It has so much replay value because you want to get the S ranking and the 4 bonus missions. Plus it's the type of game you can and feel like playing over shortly after you beat it. These are the type of games I like...clear unlockables, all it takes is a good plan to get the ranking/unlockables. Tales of Symphonia type I don't like at all. I always go for perfection in my games and Tales of Symphonia is just way too time consuming and repetitive or whatever if you want to unlock everything. I basically need a guide in front of me every 5 minutes so I go to the correct town to trigger some event. And to get all the titles I need to play the game like 10 times!! Man I just realized how much I really hate that game.

Anyway isn't Donkey Konga tomorrow? I'm thinking of picking that one up...

[quote name='Spades22']lol well I only buy games once I do beat one, so ya...I dont buy games very much. I think I have bought about 15, with these 2 being 17, since the gamecube launch. Battalion Wars is a really awesome game though. It has so much replay value because you want to get the S ranking and the 4 bonus missions. Plus it's the type of game you can and feel like playing over shortly after you beat it. These are the type of games I like...clear unlockables, all it takes is a good plan to get the ranking/unlockables. Tales of Symphonia type I don't like at all. I always go for perfection in my games and Tales of Symphonia is just way too time consuming and repetitive or whatever if you want to unlock everything. I basically need a guide in front of me every 5 minutes so I go to the correct town to trigger some event. And to get all the titles I need to play the game like 10 times!! Man I just realized how much I really hate that game.

Anyway isn't Donkey Konga tomorrow? I'm thinking of picking that one up...[/quote]
yep its tm, i'm going first thing in the morning, if i don't get a copy heads are gonna roll :bomb: ToS is an awesome game, but its one of those games where no matter how you beat it, its satisfying, i really like the battle system too, you have to admit its a great game :lol: , i heard battalion wars is the 3d version of advance wars or something to that effect, someone correct me if i'm wrong ;)

Edit: I have a bad habit of starting a game and not finishing it, also i'm one of those people who goes and gets the game if its a good deal (even if i won't have time to play it)

oh lol I usually only get games I want...but 10 dollars new is just so cheap I had to get it...and they are also new! I dunno games don't really satisfy me much. I just like either short and lots of replay value/unlockables, or long and maybe a couple unlockable characters or clothing or something for a second game to add on to a bit of replay. If I feel like I missed something in the game, unlockables or whatever, then I dont feel like playing it. And in a game like ToS if you miss something its often missed for good and you have to start over from your last save file! Plus the story was weird to me...I dunno I just didn't really like it. The battle system was pretty fun the first time around though, but now it just seems so easy :roll:

[quote name='maigoyume']Yea I was browsing the forums and found this punk, good that he got screwed over haha. Serves him right for being a greedy bum. depriving CAGer's of good deals :bomb:[/quote]

This dude apparently lives in the same town as me. FORTUNATELY I got in there before him and was able to buy one copy each of these games.

Share the love, don't buy out all the games.

Donkey Konga is sold out at 3 places....
Well, Is Jungle Beat worth it without the bongos...
No wait, It couldn't be!

STORES OPENED AT 10 AND IT'S 10:20!
I've called everywhere! They're all sold out!

Doesn't mean they sold out today. Stores didn't get any new shipments of these games for the sales so there are cases where they just never had a game for a sale.

[quote name='Spinoff360']Doesn't mean they sold out today. Stores didn't get any new shipments of these games for the sales so there are cases where they just never had a game for a sale.[/quote]

I see...Does this mean that nobody is going to have Pariah or these games on sale again??

[quote name='Azumangaman']I see...Does this mean that nobody is going to have Pariah or these games on sale again??[/quote]

Correct. This is a clearance sale so whatever's left is whatever's for sale. No new copies will be ordered.

Called five locations here. Four never had it in stock and one had one copy but since it was the last location I called it had already been put on hold. Don't even ask me how I planned to get their anyway :lol: Since I already have the bongos from Jungle Beat I even tried to see if they had copies of it without the bongos that they could sell for $9.89 but no luck with that idea either :lol:

Oh well got all the other games so far and know the EB I go to has Neopets at least. Could care less about if I end up getting Bulletproof and Total Overdose though so with not being able to get Konga and not caring about the other two I think I might just get something else and only get Neopets and Cold War if they had that since it is $7.96 or whatever it is.

Ugh. Metrotown and Oakridge are sold out of everything. Pacific Centre and Brentwood have Jungle Beat without the bongos. Seeing as I don't have the bongos, I'm not gonna bother.

Blast it all!!! sold out at oakridge, pacific centre and richmond centre, metro is too far to head to, but i bet its sold out too, only ONE copy at oakridge, and the guy who was there first got it :cry: oh well, maybe next time

Edit: oakridge still has some copies of jungle beat

What? I just called and they said no. Or were they the one that said yes but without bongos ._.; Ugh. The game is useless without it anyway. I didn't bother with Richmond Centre. Too annoying to bus there.

[quote name='maigoyume']I manage to get a copy for myself because i go so early, but for those that are busy, i feel bad for them. Its unfortunate when someone is being greedy and not allowing others to experience the game for themselves.[/quote]

Someone posted this on RFD about today's GOTD sale:

"I got to Bramalea City Center today at 10:10. I was told by the EB worker that all 8 copies of the game were sold to someone at store opening. He then called another close location and was told they have a lot of stock still. I arrived at the other store within 10 minutes to find out he sold all 5 copies to someone just 5 minutes ago!!. Gr, what bad luck a have, and such evil people to buy that many copies of the game."

Ouch. :hot:

[quote name='Firestorm']Ugh. Metrotown and Oakridge are sold out of everything. Pacific Centre and Brentwood have Jungle Beat without the bongos. Seeing as I don't have the bongos, I'm not gonna bother.[/quote]

Here's my experience for today:

Wake up this morning...HOLY CRAP it's 9:20 already! It will take me more than 40 minutes to get changed and arrive at the mall when it opens at 10:00! Nooo! (By the way, I skipped my lecture today at 9:30 to get the games :lol: )

So anyways, I got to the EB in my mall at about 10:20, and they were sold out of Donkey Konga. There were no opened. I ended up getting a copy of Jungle Beat though, as it was sealed (it's still playable with controller, and I get bongos in the future for Bongo Blast, I could use it)

I decided to phone other EB's to see if they have Donkey Konga, here's the results:

Lougheed
Konga: 0 (no copies to start with)

Metrotown

Brentwood

Coquitlam Centre

New West
Konga: 1 copy (sold out...I should've called last night - I would've been able to get there before the store opens)

Oakridge
Konga: 1 copy (sold out...I could've gotten there early too if I had called it last night. DAMN Y_Y)

...not much of a "sale", is it? XD

[quote name='maigoyume']Blast it all!!! sold out at oakridge, pacific centre and richmond centre, metro is too far to head to, but i bet its sold out too, only ONE copy at oakridge, and the guy who was there first got it :cry: oh well, maybe next time

Edit: oakridge still has some copies of jungle beat[/quote]

LOL I just read this posted by someone else...were you one of the "three people in line"? XD

"Just got back from Oakridge. There were 3 of us lined up for about 10 minutes. Unfortunately, there was only one copy of DK with bongos, and 3 copies of JB. The first guy in line grabbed the DK set, and off we went to Zellers to try and work some magic. The employee behind the electronics kiosk was cool and wanted the deal to work out so he could do it himself. However, some dumbass supervisor on the phone said we needed a flyer or a pricing sign off the EB wall. I don't understand how an original receipt is not enough proof, but I think the supervisor was just being a jerk.

So, I just picked up JB for $10... not a bad deal, but kinda lame without the peripheral.

Downtown Vancouver is OOS on both."

It's true too...Oakridge doesn't have any copies of Jungle Beat left.

[quote name='dipsetrenegade']i pm'd Donkey Konga /w bongos with Futureshop. Got it for 6.99+tax.[/quote]

Ya, that's another method as well...

...unfortunately most FS don't have copies of the games, and even if they did, most EB's are sold out anyways (they will phone and check for price/availability).

Congrats though!

[quote name='Firestorm'] What? I just called and they said no. Or were they the one that said yes but without bongos ._.; Ugh. The game is useless without it anyway. I didn't bother with Richmond Centre. Too annoying to bus there.
[/QUOTE]

The deal today only applys to Jungle Beat the game, not Jungle Beat with Bongos. However, I've read that a few people got real lucky (with clueless EB clerks that don't know what the GOTD is), and got Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat WITH BONGOS for the GOTD price! It's too bad all the ones here in Greater Vancouver knows that Jungle Beat isn't supposed come with the bongos.

I would still recommend the game even if you don't have a bongo though...you can get bongo's for cheap on the internet (around $15), the game can still be played with controller (although pointless), but for $10, you can't go wrong picking up ONE copy ;)

I checked two EB's in Newmarket, Ontario, and they both had Jungle Beat, but no Donkey Konga. Picked up one copy of Jungle Beat, it's a great game.

lol same I checked all my EB's. A bunch of Jungle Beat but NO Donkey Konga, except 1 which I bet is gone already, I was too lazy to go over and grab it. Oh well. I didnt get Jungle Beat cause I have no bongos, which means I'd have to pay 20 bucks for it, which isn't worth it to me.

[quote name='Ramman77']LOL I just read this posted by someone else...were you one of the "three people in line"? XD

"Just got back from Oakridge. There were 3 of us lined up for about 10 minutes. Unfortunately, there was only one copy of DK with bongos, and 3 copies of JB. The first guy in line grabbed the DK set, and off we went to Zellers to try and work some magic. The employee behind the electronics kiosk was cool and wanted the deal to work out so he could do it himself. However, some dumbass supervisor on the phone said we needed a flyer or a pricing sign off the EB wall. I don't understand how an original receipt is not enough proof, but I think the supervisor was just being a jerk.

So, I just picked up JB for $10... not a bad deal, but kinda lame without the peripheral.

Downtown Vancouver is OOS on both."

It's true too...Oakridge doesn't have any copies of Jungle Beat left.[/quote]

Yep I was the 2nd person in line, should've gotten there earlier :cry: oh well the guy who did get the bongos was pretty cool, we did try and price match it up at zellers, blasted supervisor o_O whats wrong with a receipt?

[quote name='Ramman77']Ya, that's another method as well...

...unfortunately most FS don't have copies of the games, and even if they did, most EB's are sold out anyways (they will phone and check for price/availability).

Congrats though!

The deal today only applys to Jungle Beat the game, not Jungle Beat with Bongos. However, I've read that a few people got real lucky (with clueless EB clerks that don't know what the GOTD is), and got Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat WITH BONGOS for the GOTD price! It's too bad all the ones here in Greater Vancouver knows that Jungle Beat isn't supposed come with the bongos.

I would still recommend the game even if you don't have a bongo though...you can get bongo's for cheap on the internet (around $15), the game can still be played with controller (although pointless), but for $10, you can't go wrong picking up ONE copy ;)[/quote]
Hey Ram, do you think they'll check stock at EB if i try to price match? well either way its worth a shot

[quote name='maigoyume']Hey Ram, do you think they'll check stock at EB if i try to price match? well either way its worth a shot[/quote]

Hey, the worst case scenario is that they don't let you price match, while the best is Konga with Bongos for $5~ :lol:

Let me know how it goes if you do decide to try it ;)...but then you don't have the receipt anymore right? (I also read it doesn't state "with bongos" on the receipt)

By the way, the Zellers there actually has copies of Donkey Konga w/ Bongos? How many copies? The one in Coquitlam Centre has like 1 copy of DK:Jungle Beat, and no Konga :(

[quote name='maigoyume']Yep I was the 2nd person in line, should've gotten there earlier :cry: oh well the guy who did get the bongos was pretty cool, we did try and price match it up at zellers, blasted supervisor o_O whats wrong with a receipt?[/quote]

So how early did you end up going there? Was the other guy already waiting outside infront of those glass doors or somethings? If not, you could've rushed in past him and ran up to the counter. XD

Did you at least get Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat? (If so, was it sealed?) It's still not bad considering it's only $10, and normally retails for $45. Ya, it sucks without the bongos, but hey, it's still playable. :lol:

Oh so Donkey Konga Jungle Beat was supposed to be without the bongos? Well then I got very lucky this morning. :D Can't wait to go home from work and bang on my new bongos.

[quote name='Ramman77']Hey, the worst case scenario is that they don't let you price match, while the best is Konga with Bongos for $5~ :lol:

Let me know how it goes if you do decide to try it ;)...but then you don't have the receipt anymore right? (I also read it doesn't state "with bongos" on the receipt)

By the way, the Zellers there actually has copies of Donkey Konga w/ Bongos? How many copies? The one in Coquitlam Centre has like 1 copy of DK:Jungle Beat, and no Konga :([/quote]
Haha true enough, I got the guys email ;) so i can go ask him bout it, i believe it does say "bongos" on the receipt but not 100% sure, zellers had about 2-3 copies i think, didn't grab them, i know they have at least one (at oakridge) they also have donkey konga 2 w/ bongos in case you want

[quote name='Ramman77']So how early did you end up going there? Was the other guy already waiting outside infront of those glass doors or somethings? If not, you could've rushed in past him and ran up to the counter. XD

Did you at least get Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat? (If so, was it sealed?) It's still not bad considering it's only $10, and normally retails for $45. Ya, it sucks without the bongos, but hey, it's still playable. :lol:[/quote]

i got there at about 9:10-15? the guy was standing outside already, i just walked up and we started talking, a while ago i bought 2 copies of jungle beat w/ bongos off amazon (new sealed) for $40 :D free shipping too, i'll sell my extra copy to anyone who wants it haha, well i have 2 bongo's and jungle beat is a blast with the bongos, i jsut want donkey konga so i can play w/ my friends (also bro wants to have a set of 4 bongos so yea)

[quote name='KurbStomped']Oh so Donkey Konga Jungle Beat was supposed to be without the bongos? Well then I got very lucky this morning. :D Can't wait to go home from work and bang on my new bongos.[/quote]

Yup, lucky you. :applause: Playing DK:JB without the Bongos is like playing StarCraft 64 with crappy N64 controller. :cold:

bread's done
Back