EBGames Canada 10$ game deal?

CoffeeMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Has anyone heard of EBGames Canada having a 10$ game deal, soon?

Where each day they have a different game on sale for 10$.
From what i've heard Battalion Wars, Odama and Metroid Prime Pinball where on the list.

CheapyD Edit:

[quote name='CoffeeMan'] here's the full list till the end of july

I found this on redflag deals website and it was taken from Gamefaq's...

"Here's a complete list for every day until July 21. All titles are $9.89 unless otherwise marked

June 16: The Con (PSP); Pariah (XB - $0.01 with purchase of any other XBox game)
June 17: MLP (PSP); The Con (PSP)

June 18: DragonBallZ Sagas (PS2); Rainbow Six Lockdown (XB)
June 19: DK: King of Swing (GBA); Mario Tennis: Power Tour (GBA)
June 20: Timesplitters (PS2); Urban Reign (PS2)
June 21: Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC); Urban Reign (PS2)
June 22: Timesplitters (PS2); Operation Spy (PS2)
June 23: Without Warning (PS2); Madden 2005 (XB)
June 24: Rainbow Six Lockdown (XB); Timesplitters (XB)

June 25: NHL 2005 (XB); Ape Escape: Ape Academy (PSP)
June 26: Metroid Prime Pinball (DS); Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (PC)
June 27: DK: King of Swing (GBA); Mario Tennis: Power Tour (GBA)
June 28: The Matrix: Path of Neo (PC); Bet on Soldier (PC)
June 29: Battallion Wars (GC); Odama (GC)
June 30: Act of War (PC); Pariah (PC - $0.01)
***July 1***: Pac-Man World 3 (PC); Conflict Global Terror (PC)

Don't forget that on July 1st GST drops to 6%!

July 2: Viewtiful Joe (PS2); Viewtiful Joe 2 (GC)
July 3: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (NG); The Sims: Bustin' Out (NG - $0.89)
July 4: City of Villains (PC - $9.97); Freedom Force: The 3rd Reich
July 5: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (GC - w/o bongos); Donkey Konga (GC - w/ bongos)
July 6: Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (PC); Operation Shadow (NG - $0.89)
July 7: 187 Ride or Die (PS2); NBA Live 2005 (XB)
July 8: The Matrix: Path of Neo (PC); The Getaway: Black Monday (PS2)

July 9: City of Villains (PC - $9.97); Total Overdose (PC)
July 10: Total Overdose (PC); Ultima Online : Samurai Empire (PC)
July 11: Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (GC - w/o bongos); Donkey Konga (GC - w/ bongos)
July 12: American Chopper (XB); Rainbow Six Lockdown (XB)
July 13: 50 Cent Bulletproof (PS2); Pariah (PC - $0.01)
July 14: 50 Cent Bulletproof (PS2/XB)
July 15: Neopets Petpet Adventures: The Wand of Wishing (PSP); 50 Cent Bulletproof (XB)

July 16: 50 Cent Bulletproof (XB); Pariah (PC - $0.01)
July 17: Asheron's Call: Throne of Destiny (PC); Disney's Toontown Online (PC)
July 18: Cold Wars (PC - $7.97); SSX: Out of Bounds (NG - $0.89)
July 19: DK: King of Swing (GBA); Mario Power Tennis (GBA)
July 20: City of Villains (PC - $9.97); The Matrix: Path of Neo (PC - $1.89)
July 21: Need for Speed Underground (XB); Act of War (PC)"

Print, highlight and shop
icon_razz.gif
[/quote]

[quote name='maigoyume']i got there at about 9:10-15? the guy was standing outside already, i just walked up and we started talking, a while ago i bought 2 copies of jungle beat w/ bongos off amazon (new sealed) for $40 :D free shipping too, i'll sell my extra copy to anyone who wants it haha, well i have 2 bongo's and jungle beat is a blast with the bongos, i jsut want donkey konga so i can play w/ my friends (also bro wants to have a set of 4 bongos so yea)[/quote]

Wow you waited 45-50 minutes until the store opened?! And the other guy waited even longer? ..that's dedication right there XD. So you didn't end up buying anything right? Ouch :hot: .

Lol I bet when you saw him waiting outside you can already tell the guy is looking for Donkey Konga. :lol:

That's a pretty good price for Jungle Beat w/ Bongos, especially since the Nintendo bongos sell for $40 alone. I think a good strategy would be to just find someone that got the Konga package today and trade your Jungle Beat for Konga. Makes sense since Konga sucks for single-player and chances are they only have 1 bongo, from the deal. The hard part is finding someone ;)

[quote name='Ramman77']Yup, lucky you. :applause: Playing DK:JB without the Bongos is like playing StarCraft 64 with crappy N64 controller. :cold:[/quote]

haha at the very least its easy to do the clapping with just the press of a button, but i know how it is, just like ddr w/o the mat :roll:

[quote name='Ramman77']Wow you waited 45-50 minutes until the store opened?! And the other guy waited even longer? ..that's dedication right there XD. So you didn't end up buying anything right? Ouch :hot: .

Lol I bet when you saw him waiting outside you can already tell the guy is looking for Donkey Konga. :lol:

That's a pretty good price for Jungle Beat w/ Bongos, especially since the Nintendo bongos sell for $40 alone. I think a good strategy would be to just find someone that got the Konga package today and trade your Jungle Beat for Konga. Makes sense since Konga sucks for single-player and chances are they only have 1 bongo, from the deal. The hard part is finding someone ;)[/quote]

oakridge EB opens at 9:30 :) so it wasn't too bad and me and the other guy were talking so it passed by pretty fast, when i walked up to the store i already knew he was there for the bongos haha, that was a given, in response to the JB and konga trade, thats actually a really good idea, why didn't i think of that? (no sarcastic remarks please, though i'd probably throw out a few if it wasn't me :lol:), anyways, i think i'll try it out on the trading thread, thanks buddy :cool:

I was at the New West EBGames in VAncouver and the EBGames employee told me that alot of people called the night before on all the EBGames in Greater Vancouver and asked if they had Donkey Konga in stock....I regretted not asking that and lining up 1 hour before, as I was there pretty early, before opening and there were about 5 guys in front of me, wanting for the Donkey Konga set. I just grabbed Jungle Beat and took off to work, as I knew that the Donkey Konga's were probably sold out. No matter..I'll just head to the US, to buy it in the next big sale. All in all, greath week, although I missed out on Odama

[quote name='NolbertoS']I was at the New West EBGames in VAncouver and the EBGames employee told me that alot of people called the night before on all the EBGames in Greater Vancouver and asked if they had Donkey Konga in stock....I regretted not asking that and lining up 1 hour before, as I was there pretty early, before opening and there were about 5 guys in front of me, wanting for the Donkey Konga set. I just grabbed Jungle Beat and took off to work, as I knew that the Donkey Konga's were probably sold out. No matter..I'll just head to the US, to buy it in the next big sale. All in all, greath week, although I missed out on Odama[/quote]

Oh sorry to hear that. When I was there some guy already had five copies in his bag *shakes fist*, if you had let me know I could've grabbed you a copy. Well maybe next time I'm usually pretty willing to help out a fellow CAGer, though only the vancouver ones, since I don't really know how to ship out stuff, and figuring out the final cost is just too much hassle, i'd rather just keep things local (sorry to everyone else).

[quote name='maigoyume']oakridge EB opens at 9:30 :) so it wasn't too bad and me and the other guy were talking so it passed by pretty fast, when i walked up to the store i already knew he was there for the bongos haha, that was a given, in response to the JB and konga trade, thats actually a really good idea, why didn't i think of that? (no sarcastic remarks please, though i'd probably throw out a few if it wasn't me :lol:), anyways, i think i'll try it out on the trading thread, thanks buddy [/QUOTE]

Ya I didn't realize until now that Oakridge opened at 9:30..wow, and here I am thinking all malls are at 10! I mean, even Metrotown opens at 10 =\

[quote name='NobertoS']
I was at the New West EBGames in VAncouver and the EBGames employee told me that alot of people called the night before on all the EBGames in Greater Vancouver and asked if they had Donkey Konga in stock....I regretted not asking that and lining up 1 hour before, as I was there pretty early, before opening and there were about 5 guys in front of me, wanting for the Donkey Konga set. I just grabbed Jungle Beat and took off to work, as I knew that the Donkey Konga's were probably sold out. No matter..I'll just head to the US, to buy it in the next big sale. All in all, greath week, although I missed out on Odama
[/QUOTE]

Ya the one in New Westminster has 1 copy of Donkey Konga, only the first person got it. So what time did you end up getting there? When I first read your post I thought you meant you got there 1 hr early and there were 5 people in front of you already XD.

Aw..and you reminded me of Odama...I accidently dropped my box and now the cardboard is all bent and wrinkled Y_Y...

[quote name='Ramman77']Ya I didn't realize until now that Oakridge opened at 9:30..wow, and here I am thinking all malls are at 10! I mean, even Metrotown opens at 10 =\

Ya the one in New Westminster has 1 copy of Donkey Konga, only the first person got it. So what time did you end up getting there? When I first read your post I thought you meant you got there 1 hr early and there were 5 people in front of you already XD.

Aw..and you reminded me of Odama...I accidently dropped my box and now the cardboard is all bent and wrinkled Y_Y...[/QUOTE]

I was there actually at 9:45am....I stayed in my car seeing as it was a little chilly outside..but when I saw more people lining up, I decided to get out of my car and go line-up....I remember the 1st thing people did once the EBGames opened was head to the Jungle Beat and Donkey Konga games...the EBGames employee told everyone that the Bongos have been sold out ages ago, so don't bother asking and immediately 3 people left the store to search other EBGames..I decided..I'll just get Jungle Beat..and took off...but yeah...he was telling me that next time..call all the EBGames around Vancouver and see what games are available on the gameday...my copy of Jungle Beat wasn't sealed though, but for $10..I decided..whatever, so I bough it.

[quote name='Ramman77']Ya I didn't realize until now that Oakridge opened at 9:30..wow, and here I am thinking all malls are at 10! I mean, even Metrotown opens at 10 =\

Aw..and you reminded me of Odama...I accidently dropped my box and now the cardboard is all bent and wrinkled Y_Y...[/quote]
Alright lets see, I woke up at about 8 and played some fire emblem: path of radiance (AWESOME strategy rpg) until about 8:45, hopped on my comp for a bit, then biked down to oakridge (left house at bout 9? got there at 9:10-15) and i was walking up to EB and i saw this guy standing outside, so i was like "bongos" in my head, and i just went up to him and we started talking, few mins later the RFD guy shows up and we all start talking, another few mins go by and then the 1st guy's buddy shows up too, after about 5 more mins of waiting, the EB employee finally opens up the place, we all walk in, of course since the guy was there first, he got dibs, however there was only 1 copy left, so after that, the RFD guy suggests price matching at zellers, so off we go, we head upstairs and talk to the guy at the games counter, he goes all like "wow, is this real?" and we're like "yea GOTD day at EB" and hes like "oh man do they have any left?" and we're like "haha if they did we wouldn't be up here" cause the guy wanted a copy too, anyways we try and price match but the price diff is huge 1/6 of normal price, so the guy isn't sure, calls over his supervisor and she tells us that we need some sort of flyer or price tag (it still says $59.99 on the bongos), so we're like "why isn't the receipt good enough?" and she keeps giving up bs reasons, making us jump through hoops, we leave emptyhanded, but at least it was worth a shot *curses supervisor!!!*

haha sorry bout the odama thing =P well on the bright side you still got the game.

[quote name='NolbertoS']I was there actually at 9:45am....I stayed in my car seeing as it was a little chilly outside..but when I saw more people lining up, I decided to get out of my car and go line-up....I remember the 1st thing people did once the EBGames opened was head to the Jungle Beat and Donkey Konga games...the EBGames employee told everyone that the Bongos have been sold out ages ago, so don't bother asking and immediately 3 people left the store to search other EBGames..I decided..I'll just get Jungle Beat..and took off...but yeah...he was telling me that next time..call all the EBGames around Vancouver and see what games are available on the gameday...my copy of Jungle Beat wasn't sealed though, but for $10..I decided..whatever, so I bough it.[/QUOTE]

You are able to see the EB from your car? Hmm, from the sounds of it, the EB in New West probably isn't in the mall like most of the other ones, right?

Heh, people went straight to the GC section? Wouldn't it be faster to just walk up the counter? I've always just walked up to the counter and ask for the game, since the employee can just check on the computer how many copies are in stock, if there are any sealed copies (from the glass case behind them), and I'd be ready to buy it.

It's strange how he said there isn't any copies of Konga available though...When I phoned around noon he (same guy prob) told me that they had one copy at opening and it was sold. Maybe he kept it for himself? XD

[quote name='maigoyume']Alright lets see, I woke up at about 8 and played some fire emblem: path of radiance (AWESOME strategy rpg) until about 8:45, hopped on my comp for a bit, then biked down to oakridge (left house at bout 9? got there at 9:10-15) and i was walking up to EB and i saw this guy standing outside, so i was like "bongos" in my head, and i just went up to him and we started talking, few mins later the RFD guy shows up and we all start talking, another few mins go by and then the 1st guy's buddy shows up too, after about 5 more mins of waiting, the EB employee finally opens up the place, we all walk in, of course since the guy was there first, he got dibs, however there was only 1 copy left, so after that, the RFD guy suggests price matching at zellers, so off we go, we head upstairs and talk to the guy at the games counter, he goes all like "wow, is this real?" and we're like "yea GOTD day at EB" and hes like "oh man do they have any left?" and we're like "haha if they did we wouldn't be up here" cause the guy wanted a copy too, anyways we try and price match but the price diff is huge 1/6 of normal price, so the guy isn't sure, calls over his supervisor and she tells us that we need some sort of flyer or price tag (it still says $59.99 on the bongos), so we're like "why isn't the receipt good enough?" and she keeps giving up bs reasons, making us jump through hoops, we leave emptyhanded, but at least it was worth a shot *curses supervisor!!!*

haha sorry bout the odama thing =P well on the bright side you still got the game.[/QUOTE]

Wow that's not bad, only takes 10 minutes to bike there? It's too bad you got there at 9:10-9:15, since apparently that first guy got there around 9:00. Heh maybe playing Fire Emblem and checking the computer wasn't such a good idea that morning ;)

As for the price match thing, that was pretty close to getting a PM. Heh maybe as a last resort you could've asked her to check stock/price with the EB in New West, since that store hasn't open and supposedly they had 1 copy. If the EB guy didn't mention it's GOTD, there's a good chance of getting a PM.

[quote name='Ramman77']Wow that's not bad, only takes 10 minutes to bike there? It's too bad you got there at 9:10-9:15, since apparently that first guy got there around 9:00. Heh maybe playing Fire Emblem and checking the computer wasn't such a good idea that morning ;)

As for the price match thing, that was pretty close to getting a PM. Heh maybe as a last resort you could've asked her to check stock/price with the EB in New West, since that store hasn't open and supposedly they had 1 copy. If the EB guy didn't mention it's GOTD, there's a good chance of getting a PM.[/quote]
oh well my own fault (i thought 20 mins would be good enough), but i couldn't put down FE, it was just too good :cry: and i have to check my comp in the morning, force of habit ;), the supervisor wanted hard proof, she wouldn't accept anything else (which IMO is just being a bum)

So, are there any games left on this EB deal you guys are still interested in? XD

None left for me. =\

Nope lol, Hmm I'll probably phone every EB on the 11th again just to see if they found a copy in the backshelf or something xD

[quote name='Ramman77']So, are there any games left on this EB deal you guys are still interested in? XD

None left for me. =\[/quote]

The only thing worth getting was the bongo's, oh yea I tried this stuff called Go-Jo on my odama box, worked wonders to remove the adhesive junk :D

Ah and battalion wars!! What a deal I love that game!!! Cant get enough of it! Apparently people find the last mission hard because you have to kill battlestations with not a lot of heavy duty vehicles. I beat it my first try though with 1 rifle grunt and 1 mortar left xD, 2 flags, both lifted 1, and after barely surviving a bunch of bomber runs while lifting the flag and the enemy rifle grunt hitting the wall I hid behind instead of me, I won!! =D It was great

Nope. I wanted Metroid Prime Pinball, Mario Tennis Power Tour, Donkey Konga, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, and Battalion Wars.

I got Battalion Wars and was too late for the rest =(

i ended up with pinball, tennis, and battalion wars. could have got jungle beat, but without bongos i took a pass.

[quote name='Firestorm']Nope. I wanted Metroid Prime Pinball, Mario Tennis Power Tour, Donkey Konga, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, and Battalion Wars.

I got Battalion Wars and was too late for the rest =([/quote]

I got battalion and odama, missed konga w/ bongos, i have a spare copy of jungle beat that i've had for a while, been trying to get rid of it, anyone wanna offer?

[quote name='Firestorm']Nope. I wanted Metroid Prime Pinball, Mario Tennis Power Tour, Donkey Konga, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, and Battalion Wars.

I got Battalion Wars and was too late for the rest =([/quote]

Ouch =\...oh well let's just hope one of the other department stores holds another BOGO free deal in the near future ;)

Personally, the only one I wanted and didn't get was Donkey Konga w/ Bongos. Ended up getting the other four GC titles: Battalion Wars, Odama, Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, and Viewtiful Joe 2.

Hey, just wondering, does anyone know a place to get a sealed copy of Metroid Prime 1 for less than $30? I suddenly have an urge to play it, and the cheapest one I've seen is $30 at SuperStore =\

I'm also considering getting Killer 7 from SuperStore as well, as they have that game in the bargain bin for $20. Any opinions whether you like it or not?

[quote name='Ramman77']Ouch =\...oh well let's just hope one of the other department stores holds another BOGO free deal in the near future ;)

Personally, the only one I wanted and didn't get was Donkey Konga w/ Bongos. Ended up getting the other four GC titles: Battalion Wars, Odama, Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, and Viewtiful Joe 2.

Hey, just wondering, does anyone know a place to get a sealed copy of Metroid Prime 1 for less than $30? I suddenly have an urge to play it, and the cheapest one I've seen is $30 at SuperStore =\

I'm also considering getting Killer 7 from SuperStore as well, as they have that game in the bargain bin for $20. Any opinions whether you like it or not?[/quote]

Ebay is your best bet, I got mine for about $20 after shipping :D great deal, try and get a sealed copy of MP w/ MP2 Echoes bonus disc. Its definitely a collectable.

I also saw Killer 7 at futureshop in the bin for 20 bucks. And I saw a used MP1 for 10 bucks at blockbuster. sealed though I havent seen it below 30.

[quote name='Ramman77']Hey, just wondering, does anyone know a place to get a sealed copy of Metroid Prime 1 for less than $30? I suddenly have an urge to play it, and the cheapest one I've seen is $30 at SuperStore =\

[/QUOTE]

I've seen Metroid Prime 1 and 2 at Blockbuster for $14.99 new, along with Mario Power Tennis for the same price. It may be a YMMV deal, although I went to another one in another town and they had similar deals.

I've seen Metroid Prime 1 and 2 at Blockbuster for $14.99 new, along with Mario Power Tennis for the same price. It may be a YMMV deal, although I went to another one in another town and they had similar deals.

Ya I've heard about some great deals at BlockBuster, but unfortunately there is not that many locations around me. I went to check out one store earlier this week in hopes of seeing cheap games, but all I saw were overpriced games with a terrible selection (Paper Mario and Metroid 2 were both at $59.99 :eek: )

But damn, I would definitely buy Metroid 1 + 2 and Mario Tennis for $15 sealed, that's a killer deal :D

Hmm ya I never thought about eBay, checked it the other day but was clueless on how payment and paypal stuff works (XD never used it before).

The cheapest Metroid I found was about $20 Canadian (w/ shipping) for the regular one, and of those 3 links you provided, the cheapest one for the bonus disc seems to be around $25 w/ shipping. The good thing is that they have the special cover/disc, and on the back there's no annoying French words that clutter up the text XD.

By the way, did you get the one with the bonus disc or just the normal one? Also, how was the condition of the games when you received them? (And what packaging did it come in?)

I think what I will do is go check out another blockbuster to see if they have "killer" deals on Thursday/Friday, then if not, I'll probably find out more about how to buy stuff with eBay and look for the game there :).

[quote name='Ramman77']Hmm ya I never thought about eBay, checked it the other day but was clueless on how payment and paypal stuff works (XD never used it before).

The cheapest Metroid I found was about $20 Canadian (w/ shipping) for the regular one, and of those 3 links you provided, the cheapest one for the bonus disc seems to be around $25 w/ shipping. The good thing is that they have the special cover/disc, and on the back there's no annoying French words that clutter up the text XD.

By the way, did you get the one with the bonus disc or just the normal one? Also, how was the condition of the games when you received them? (And what packaging did it come in?)

I think what I will do is go check out another blockbuster to see if they have "killer" deals on Thursday/Friday, then if not, I'll probably find out more about how to buy stuff with eBay and look for the game there :).[/quote]

I got the original MP, at the time I wasn't able to find the bonus disc sealed or else i would've gotten it. Game was 100% sealed and came in a bubble wrap package. Does blockbuster even sell new games?

Ya I agree I never see new games at BlockBuster. I went there today and all I saw was used...hmm. By the way is 20 bucks a good deal for a used PS2?

[quote name='Spades22']Ya I agree I never see new games at BlockBuster. I went there today and all I saw was used...hmm. By the way is 20 bucks a good deal for a used PS2?[/quote]

At which location Let me take a look!;) :) Then I can tell you if this agood deal:lol: It depends on the condition and the accessories that come with it overall it sounds like a good deal.:bouncy:

Umm well apparently it works fine, they were selling it for 50 bucks but...I know how to get it for 20 *cough*. I think it only comes with the system and a controller, just the basic as you'd get it if you bought it new.

Oh and what should I be looking for when I go to pick it up?

And whats better the slim or old model? I heard the slim couldn't play some games...whether they're any good or not I do not know!

And what the heck is up with this!!! 60 bucks for a NON WORKING PS2???
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PlayStation-2-Slim-SCPH-70012-console_W0QQitemZ230005078905QQihZ013QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

20 bucks is definitely a good deal for a working PS2 ;)

...although you might want to wear some gloves and use some disinfectant to clean the whole system and controller before touch it with raw skin. :D

[quote name='Ramman77']20 bucks is definitely a good deal for a working PS2 ;)

...although you might want to wear some gloves and use some disinfectant to clean the whole system and controller before touch it with raw skin. :D[/quote]

haha yea, you never know what might have happened to it, btw ram, do you know if the BB's in richmond, burnaby or coquitlam have GGC's w/ the coupon? I was just at the vancouver one today, PM'ed PoP: Two Thrones down to 19.99 and then 17.99, since the original cost was $39.99 :D they had GGC's the lime green ones, but no coupon on the back :cry: but anyways theres a ton of other games i want to get, but i need a ggc >

Ya ewww I dont know I might just buy new. I hate buying used its so disgusting, especially if its a used system that was used for rentals for 4 years....With rentals....it goes into 24910247 million peoples hands, and they could care less what happens with it, so you do the math.

[quote name='maigoyume']haha yea, you never know what might have happened to it, btw ram, do you know if the BB's in richmond, burnaby or coquitlam have GGC's w/ the coupon? I was just at the vancouver one today, PM'ed PoP: Two Thrones down to 19.99 and then 17.99, since the original cost was $39.99 :D they had GGC's the lime green ones, but no coupon on the back :cry: but anyways theres a ton of other games i want to get, but i need a ggc >

[quote name='Spades22']Ya ewww I dont know I might just buy new. I hate buying used its so disgusting, especially if its a used system that was used for rentals for 4 years....With rentals....it goes into 24910247 million peoples hands, and they could care less what happens with it, so you do the math.[/quote]

For $20 bucks, I'd buy it as long as it works :lol:...there's nothing a little Lysol or Mr.Clean won't fix...well, for the outer shell anyways ;)

[quote name='Ramman77']Wow nice! I heard Two Thrones was pretty good (definitely better than Warrior Within), so $17.99 is a sweeeeet price for it. If you don't mind letting us know, which store had Two Thrones for $19.99? ;)

As for GGC, I know it's a Gamers Gift Card (at least I think that's what it is), but I have no idea how to get one or exactly how it works :lol:. Coupon? Lime Green? Discount? :whistle2:k If you can explain it to me, I can go check the Coquitlam one for sure the next time I go to see if they have it.

By the way, I took your advice on trying to get the special Metroid Prime game off eBay - signed up for an account and everything. I took a look at the sellers "payment option", and it asked for verified paypal, so I went there and signed up an account as well XD...but then I realized that it takes like a week to put money in and even longer to verify it :wall:...damn, and the auction ends in like 2 days :drool: ...

Isn't there some way to just use a credit card or something :lol:...although that might be unsafe on the Internet =\...how do you pay for stuff on eBay?[/quote]

I just got it to complete the trilogy, still haven't beaten sands of time XD, well it was 17.99+tax, came to 20.33, they price matched it to $19.99 (tell them to PM with TRU, and then since they have to beat it by 10% of the diff, BB had it for 39.99 so - 19.99 = 20 x .01 = 2 so i got $2 off, still good though =P make sure you tell the cashier, i almost got charged $19.99 if i hadn't asked about the beating competitors price by the diff o_O) , still good price though, check this thread for the GGC explanation http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73
and i just felt like browsing TRU today and was like "woah o_O i've been waiting for this price drop and headed over to BB to see if they had any GGC's, ended up none so i just PM'ed =D

For ebay, the verification process is the most painstaking, headache inducing, annoying process EVER, however it is just to make sure you are who you say you are and for protecting you. I just used my dad's credit card, its already got a verified address and they'll get it all set up right away. Trying to make my debit acct work for that was a headache =.= honestly, i just gave up on it, besides my dad's credit card has .05% cash back so i get a LITTLE bit of whatever i pay back, even if its only like 50 cents lol. Paypal is VERY safe with credit cards, if all else fails and you really want it, i COULD buy it for you and you could just meet me someplace, we're both in vancouver right? so not too bad, not exactly a HUGE city haha, well anyways best of luck, get PoP:TtT it was worth it IMO :D oh and if you go to TRU to get it (which you won't since you can PM and save a little at BB) the last copy is hidden behind the gcn version of tales of narnia (or whatever the heck that horrible game is called, i stuck it behind there because noone would ever look there XD yea i'm good)

[quote name='Ramman77']For $20 bucks, I'd buy it as long as it works :lol:...there's nothing a little Lysol or Mr.Clean won't fix...well, for the outer shell anyways ;)[/quote]

I wonder what would happen if you mixed those two cleaners o_O?

I think I'll just wait till next year and buy new lol. I mean the controller I get will probably suck, it probably won't last as long as a new one, and I found out that it is the old one. See in order to get it for 20 bucks, I gotta trade in 2 games I bought for 10 bucks that I beat...but those are new so I'm not sure if I should do it. For those 2 games I spent 20 bucks total and would get 65-70 bucks if I traded them in, and the PS2 costs 50 bucks. So for 20 bucks I could buy a used PS2 and maybe 1 Used game. At least thats how I saw it. Still think I should do it? I don't know if I would play Odama and Battalion Wars again which is why I'm debating whether to or not!

[quote name='Spades22']I think I'll just wait till next year and buy new lol. I mean the controller I get will probably suck, it probably won't last as long as a new one, and I found out that it is the old one. See in order to get it for 20 bucks, I gotta trade in 2 games I bought for 10 bucks that I beat...but those are new so I'm not sure if I should do it. For those 2 games I spent 20 bucks total and would get 65-70 bucks if I traded them in, and the PS2 costs 50 bucks. So for 20 bucks I could buy a used PS2 and maybe 1 Used game. At least thats how I saw it. Still think I should do it? I don't know if I would play Odama and Battalion Wars again which is why I'm debating whether to or not![/quote] I haven't had time to play those since i got work and other things, barely get to play any of my games these days, however you got them for a really good price, and if you're getting that much store credit thats insane, but think hard, I would suggest just getting a new ps2, I hate used stuff with a passion, no idea what kind of person has been messing around with it.

Ya I hate used stuff too, I think the only used thing I've ever bought is a super nintendo game a long time ago, and I payed the NEW price for VJ1, but I'm thinking that the copy they gave me was used... stupid EB! I hate them! I only go there for their great return policy...

I'm thinking that maybe if I can still get around 50-60 bucks from some place in actual cash, I'd only have to put in another 70-80 bucks for the system, plus I'd be getting 30 bucks to buy a players choice games, and 70 bucks is basically the cost of a new game nowadays so I wouldn't feel bad at all spending that much in summer on games. I really want KH1 and FFX, how much do these sell for right now?

[quote name='Spades22']Ya I hate used stuff too, I think the only used thing I've ever bought is a super nintendo game a long time ago, and I payed the NEW price for VJ1, but I'm thinking that the copy they gave me was used... stupid EB! I hate them! I only go there for their great return policy...

I'm thinking that maybe if I can still get around 50-60 bucks from some place in actual cash, I'd only have to put in another 70-80 bucks for the system, plus I'd be getting 30 bucks to buy a players choice games, and 70 bucks is basically the cost of a new game nowadays so I wouldn't feel bad at all spending that much in summer on games. I really want KH1 and FFX, how much do these sell for right now?[/quote]

I have probably 5 used games, but they were a pain to find and i was foolish to get them (good games, but i could've paid a bit more for new, or the same price =.=). Skies of arcadia legends, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, Star Fox Adventures, LoZ: Collector's Edition and Viewtiful Joe (bro bought this one, i ended up getting VJ2 and RHR new after getting hooked ;)) I hate EB with a passion!!! only reason i went there was because of the $10 deal, and now that thats over i'm never entering that store again (at least not until a decent deal comes up again) Go down to the gamedeals store (if you live near it) and see what you can get for it. Never pay full price for video games ever, check ebay, check the CAGer's on this site, hunt around. You will ALWAYS find it cheaper than MSRP. I learned the CAG way just recently :D I'll take a quick look around and see what i can find for you.

[quote name='maigoyume']I just got it to complete the trilogy, still haven't beaten sands of time XD, well it was 17.99+tax, came to 20.33, they price matched it to $19.99 (tell them to PM with TRU, and then since they have to beat it by 10% of the diff, BB had it for 39.99 so - 19.99 = 20 x .01 = 2 so i got $2 off, still good though =P make sure you tell the cashier, i almost got charged $19.99 if i hadn't asked about the beating competitors price by the diff o_O) , still good price though, check this thread for the GGC explanation http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73
and i just felt like browsing TRU today and was like "woah o_O i've been waiting for this price drop and headed over to BB to see if they had any GGC's, ended up none so i just PM'ed =D

For ebay, the verification process is the most painstaking, headache inducing, annoying process EVER, however it is just to make sure you are who you say you are and for protecting you. I just used my dad's credit card, its already got a verified address and they'll get it all set up right away. Trying to make my debit acct work for that was a headache =.= honestly, i just gave up on it, besides my dad's credit card has .05% cash back so i get a LITTLE bit of whatever i pay back, even if its only like 50 cents lol. Paypal is VERY safe with credit cards, if all else fails and you really want it, i COULD buy it for you and you could just meet me someplace, we're both in vancouver right? so not too bad, not exactly a HUGE city haha, well anyways best of luck, get PoP:TtT it was worth it IMO :D oh and if you go to TRU to get it (which you won't since you can PM and save a little at BB) the last copy is hidden behind the gcn version of tales of narnia (or whatever the heck that horrible game is called, i stuck it behind there because noone would ever look there XD yea i'm good)[/QUOTE]

Ah ok, so ToysRUs has it for $20 eh? :D...hmm hope this price applies to all TRU's, as I don't go to the one in Vancouver (I live like in the middle of Burnaby and Coquitlam). Haha maybe if I have time I'll go to the TRU in Vancouver to buy the game, if it's still there XD (Will take me about 30min to skytrain there)...Did you have to show BB the flyer or something, because I don't see it advertised in the TRU flyer or online (except xbox version).

As for the Paypal Ebay stuff, I finally managed to get it up and working. I'm glad you can use credit cards to pay, since it's much easier...I originally thought you must transfer money into your Paypal balance before you can buy anything. The confirmation for the credit card was a piece of cake, took like 2 minutes, but the Verification by bank account is indeed a pain in the ass.

Thanks for the offer to buy it first for me :)..I got it up and working finally, so I was able to bid on the auction :lol:. I went with the "insurance" thing for an extra $2, since I saw that the store was located in Florida (heh all the way across North America). Do you usually buy insurance?

The final price charged on my credit card came to around $22.50 Canadian, so it wasn't too bad. It's definitely better than paying $30 for it here for sure :D...I'm just hoping that the game comes in one piece, is factory sealed, and doesn't have scratches on the disc or a damaged game case. If everything goes smoothly, no more buying games from actual stores for me anymore! :lol:

Here's my first ever auction ;) :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190005924240&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Fcgiurl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcgi.ebay.com%252Fws%252F%26fkr%3D1%26from%3DR8%26satitle%3D190005924240%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1

[quote name='Spades22'] I think I'll just wait till next year and buy new lol. I mean the controller I get will probably suck, it probably won't last as long as a new one, and I found out that it is the old one. See in order to get it for 20 bucks, I gotta trade in 2 games I bought for 10 bucks that I beat...but those are new so I'm not sure if I should do it. For those 2 games I spent 20 bucks total and would get 65-70 bucks if I traded them in, and the PS2 costs 50 bucks. So for 20 bucks I could buy a used PS2 and maybe 1 Used game. At least thats how I saw it. Still think I should do it? I don't know if I would play Odama and Battalion Wars again which is why I'm debating whether to or not!
[/QUOTE]

Ya if you know that you won't play Odama/BW anymore, I would definitely trade them in now, since if their price drops, so will the trade in value. The $65-70 trade in offer is incredible, seeing as most games trade for like $5 at EB :lol:...

Personally, I would go with the "new" route though, since there's nothing that beats the smell and feel of a new system ;). Plus, it'll definitely last you a lot longer than a used PS2 from BlockBuster.

[quote name='maiyogume']I have probably 5 used games, but they were a pain to find and i was foolish to get them (good games, but i could've paid a bit more for new, or the same price =.=). Skies of arcadia legends, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, Star Fox Adventures, LoZ: Collector's Edition and Viewtiful Joe (bro bought this one, i ended up getting VJ2 and RHR new after getting hooked ;)) I hate EB with a passion!!! only reason i went there was because of the $10 deal, and now that thats over i'm never entering that store again (at least not until a decent deal comes up again) Go down to the gamedeals store (if you live near it) and see what you can get for it. Never pay full price for video games ever, check ebay, check the CAGer's on this site, hunt around. You will ALWAYS find it cheaper than MSRP. I learned the CAG way just recently :D I'll take a quick look around and see what i can find for you.[/QUOTE]

Wow those are all very good games, especially Skies of Arcadia which is pretty damn hard to find nowadays. Eternal Darkness is also a great game...I saw it about a month ago in the used section in my EB for only like $10-15, but I didn't get it since the box looks like it had been stabbed with a knife :lol:...the game was gone when I went back like a week or two later. I also saw StarFox Adventures at SuperStore for $30 new, but I'm pretty sure you've paid a lot better price than that.

Ya EB games sucks balls. The only reason I bought anything there was because of the GOTD deal, and I don't plan on going back until they offer a killer offer similar to that again. Thinking about EB also reminded me of the times when I went to buy the GOTD games...it seems like every time an employee goes to get the game from that huge display case behind him, the game I wanted will always be near the top or middle. In trying to get the game, the employees kept knocking other games down other games in the case onto the floor by accident.

lol ya I'll try to find this gamedeals thing. And the 70 bucks came from blockbuster in credit, so I was hoping maybe I could find some other store that buys games at a similar price. If I can get 50 bucks for both together, I'll probably go for it. I most likely will want to play the games again, but considering noones buys them I'll probably be able to buy them back someday for the same price, 50-60 bucks together.

I heard though FFX2 was a bad game...so I'll probably try FFX first to see if I really love it. What do you think I could get FFX for at some store? And also KH1? Odama I probably won't play again. It's kind of fun at times while it lasts, but I just find it weird yelling in the mic. Battalion Wars is a pretty awesome game though, so I'm not too sure about that. I WISHED I PICKED UP MORE COPIES OF ODAMA!!! Grrr...they had so many and I know they didn't sell them all. Man...

[quote name='Ramman77']Ah ok, so ToysRUs has it for $20 eh? :D...hmm hope this price applies to all TRU's, as I don't go to the one in Vancouver (I live like in the middle of Burnaby and Coquitlam). Haha maybe if I have time I'll go to the TRU in Vancouver to buy the game, if it's still there XD (Will take me about 30min to skytrain there)...Did you have to show BB the flyer or something, because I don't see it advertised in the TRU flyer or online (except xbox version).

As for the Paypal Ebay stuff, I finally managed to get it up and working. I'm glad you can use credit cards to pay, since it's much easier...I originally thought you must transfer money into your Paypal balance before you can buy anything. The confirmation for the credit card was a piece of cake, took like 2 minutes, but the Verification by bank account is indeed a pain in the ass.

Thanks for the offer to buy it first for me :)..I got it up and working finally, so I was able to bid on the auction :lol:. I went with the "insurance" thing for an extra $2, since I saw that the store was located in Florida (heh all the way across North America). Do you usually buy insurance?

The final price charged on my credit card came to around $22.50 Canadian, so it wasn't too bad. It's definitely better than paying $30 for it here for sure :D...I'm just hoping that the game comes in one piece, is factory sealed, and doesn't have scratches on the disc or a damaged game case. If everything goes smoothly, no more buying games from actual stores for me anymore! :lol:

Here's my first ever auction ;) :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190005924240&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Fcgiurl%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fcgi.ebay.com%252Fws%252F%26fkr%3D1%26from%3DR8%26satitle%3D190005924240%26category0%3D%26fvi%3D1[/quote]

Man my subscriptions aren't telling me when you guys post something, well anyways TRU has it for $20 the broadway one at least, just get them to check the website, btw instead of BB go to FS i saw their PoP: Two Thrones for $59.99 if you PM there you'll get $4 off XD i was checking it out today, you should really change your location if you don't live in vancouver haha, i keep thinking you do, just head to your closest FS and check how much it is there, if its less than $59.99 head to the broadway FS and PM there, the guy at the BB only found the xbox version but they have gc and ps2 as well, just get them to call (my guy was pretty nice, he only saw the xbox version and was like "yea just grab it and i'll PM it")

congrats on getting ebay up and running, credit card is WAY easier, i seriously got pissed off at trying debit, in the future when you make an ebay purchase msg the seller, and ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS YOU NEED, because once you buy it, theres no turning back (especially for that bonus disc version, theres not many that are sealed, and as far as i can see it doesn't say new and sealed, but it does say brand new (if it doesn't say sealed i ask just to be safe) normally i buy insurance just to be safe (paying again just sucks) unless its more than $2 in which case i take a little gamble ;) but yea just ask questions if you aren't sure, better safe than sorry :)

[quote name='Ramman77']Wow those are all very good games, especially Skies of Arcadia which is pretty damn hard to find nowadays. Eternal Darkness is also a great game...I saw it about a month ago in the used section in my EB for only like $10-15, but I didn't get it since the box looks like it had been stabbed with a knife :lol:...the game was gone when I went back like a week or two later. I also saw StarFox Adventures at SuperStore for $30 new, but I'm pretty sure you've paid a lot better price than that.

Ya EB games sucks balls. The only reason I bought anything there was because of the GOTD deal, and I don't plan on going back until they offer a killer offer similar to that again. Thinking about EB also reminded me of the times when I went to buy the GOTD games...it seems like every time an employee goes to get the game from that huge display case behind him, the game I wanted will always be near the top or middle. In trying to get the game, the employees kept knocking other games down other games in the case onto the floor by accident.[/quote]

Actually theres quite a few copies on ebay right now for like $30?, and the one i bought was used (not that great condition, at least it works) but yea i played it on the dc and wanted to try the gc version (besides the gc is sorely lacking in rpgs, i need something to tie me over o_O) eternal darkness is way awesome you get to play as like 8 diff chars in their respective time periods, Star fox adventures is essentially LoZ with Fox, literally haha

Same as me for EB, only for the GOTD, i hadn't gone there for like years. Ah well I pity those who get sucked into their horrible trade-ins.

[quote name='maigoyume']Man my subscriptions aren't telling me when you guys post something, well anyways TRU has it for $20 the broadway one at least, just get them to check the website, btw instead of BB go to FS i saw their PoP: Two Thrones for $59.99 if you PM there you'll get $4 off XD i was checking it out today, you should really change your location if you don't live in vancouver haha, i keep thinking you do, just head to your closest FS and check how much it is there, if its less than $59.99 head to the broadway FS and PM there, the guy at the BB only found the xbox version but they have gc and ps2 as well, just get them to call (my guy was pretty nice, he only saw the xbox version and was like "yea just grab it and i'll PM it")

congrats on getting ebay up and running, credit card is WAY easier, i seriously got pissed off at trying debit, in the future when you make an ebay purchase msg the seller, and ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS YOU NEED, because once you buy it, theres no turning back (especially for that bonus disc version, theres not many that are sealed, and as far as i can see it doesn't say new and sealed, but it does say brand new (if it doesn't say sealed i ask just to be safe) normally i buy insurance just to be safe (paying again just sucks) unless its more than $2 in which case i take a little gamble ;) but yea just ask questions if you aren't sure, better safe than sorry :)[/QUOTE]

Heh after you introduced me to eBay, I'm absolutely hooked :D

Almost everything is so much cheaper than the copies in stores, so it's great! The main problem is that shipping usually kills a lot of the benefits.

About the TRU PoP:Two Thrones, ya I checked the TRU website and it did list the XBox version for $30, but it didn't say anything about the GC so I wasn't sure. You're lucky you had a cool employee..I'm not sure if all of them will base it on the website's XBox price though, since some games may have different prices for different consoles.

For the Metroid Prime 2 auction, I actually asked him if it was sealed, but I didn't get a reply (still haven't =\). However, I did check his store website and it says that all the games are new and sealed, so hopefully it actually is.

By the way, what type of package does the game usually come in? I asked a seller and he said he just puts it in an envelope with bubble wrap :eek:...

[quote name='maigoyume']Actually theres quite a few copies on ebay right now for like $30?, and the one i bought was used (not that great condition, at least it works) but yea i played it on the dc and wanted to try the gc version (besides the gc is sorely lacking in rpgs, i need something to tie me over o_O) eternal darkness is way awesome you get to play as like 8 diff chars in their respective time periods, Star fox adventures is essentially LoZ with Fox, literally haha

Same as me for EB, only for the GOTD, i hadn't gone there for like years. Ah well I pity those who get sucked into their horrible trade-ins.[/quote]

Heh ya I didn't check eBay before I made that comment..I checked and there is indeed a lot of copies of Skies of Arcadia, at pretty decent prices too (under $30 not counting shipping). I agree that GC is seriously lacking in RPG's, so I decided to get Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles to try it out. Have you played it yet? Any opinions? :lol:

Also, I have another question: I won an auction for Final Fantasy: CC with a Nintendo Power strategy guide for around $20 shipping, which isn't too bad of a deal. However, I have paid the person via VISA on paypal, and asked him when he will send the item. He told me that he has to wait until the payment is cleared with his bank.

Is what he's saying possibly true? I've always thought credit card transactions were instant (maybe not =\), and that first auction with Metroid Prime only took 1-2 days before the game was sent. It has been 3 days now and he still hasn't sent the game. How long does your sellers usually take before they send it?

bread's done
Back