EBgames "Cash for Stash" game = 30% off (w/ EDGE card) used game coupo

[quote name='hohndog']I played the silly game today to get the coupon. I made several copies just in case EB wanted one-per-game. They did. Picked up Psi-Ops for $18.89, Sudeki for $17.49, Megaman Anniversary for $18.89 and Red Faction (non GH) for $5.59. These are mint copies as I am one picky SOB when it comes to games.

On another note, I took some games to trade in to EB and the trade values were horrific. I explained the even Coconuts has better trade-in values, beating them by 100% or more. In one example, EB offered 50 cents and Coconuts offered $10. I mean it was that bad.[/quote]

Does not suprise me at all.

[quote name='hohndog']I played the silly game today to get the coupon. I made several copies just in case EB wanted one-per-game. They did. Picked up Psi-Ops for $18.89, Sudeki for $17.49, Megaman Anniversary for $18.89 and Red Faction (non GH) for $5.59. These are mint copies as I am one picky SOB when it comes to games.

On another note, I took some games to trade in to EB and the trade values were horrific. I explained the even Coconuts has better trade-in values, beating them by 100% or more. In one example, EB offered 50 cents and Coconuts offered $10. I mean it was that bad.[/quote]

So does that mean you check the discs each time you buy preowned at EB? Does the salesperson give you any trouble?

why the **** would they give you trouble about that? just ask to see the discs first, and verify whether they have the instruction manual.

Back to my question - how does one get a higher score in the game? I really want to try to go for it when I have some time.

[quote name='hohndog']On another note, I took some games to trade in to EB and the trade values were horrific. I explained the even Coconuts has better trade-in values, beating them by 100% or more. In one example, EB offered 50 cents and Coconuts offered $10. I mean it was that bad.[/quote]

That's why, in most cases, its not smart to trade in games at EB. I prefer Gamecrazy myself, but even their trade in prices have been getting a little low lately.

I used to be a big fan of trading in games, but I rarely do it now. I think its better to just keep the game, you never know when you'll want to play it in the future. If I really want to trade a game I'll usually just try to trade with someone through CAG, you get fair value for a game when you're trading for another game instead of cash.

Yep! I went to EB for trade ins and they offered two dollars for three games. Went to Gamestop and they offered $22 (I only paid $15 for the games in the first place, so yay!). I don't even bother with EB, anymore.

Take a look at the fye trade-in values post. Fye is the same as coconuts and strawberries. They deffnitely give you decent values

[quote name='hutno'][quote name='hohndog']I played the silly game today to get the coupon. I made several copies just in case EB wanted one-per-game. They did. Picked up Psi-Ops for $18.89, Sudeki for $17.49, Megaman Anniversary for $18.89 and Red Faction (non GH) for $5.59. These are mint copies as I am one picky SOB when it comes to games.

Take a look at the fye trade-in values post. Fye is the same as coconuts and strawberries. They deffnitely give you decent values[/quote]

blockbuster of all places gives decent trade in values too, i remember seeing on a paper that you could get 25 for mario kart: dd, came out like a year ago and you can prob get it for around that price if you look hard enough nowadays

You're supposed to use the left/right arrow keys to turn, right? My car doesn't turn. It sort of angles itself, but I can't get down the side streets to the EB.

Ok, I didn't realize that you had to press the direction/turn keys simultaneously. I'm pretty bad at this game. Oh well.

[quote name='GundamFan']So does that mean you check the discs each time you buy preowned at EB? Does the salesperson give you any trouble?[/quote]

I check the disks, book, case and cover art. I have spare cases, but if there are any other issues, I pass. I'm a regular and they know I'm picky anyway. I hit them up with my list of titles when they are slow. They have no right to give you trouble. Its your money. They can sell their beat-up garbage to the unknowing.

[quote name='Repairman Jack']Yep! I went to EB for trade ins and they offered two dollars for three games. Went to Gamestop and they offered $22 (I only paid $15 for the games in the first place, so yay!). I don't even bother with EB, anymore.[/quote]

I agree. My Gamestop has increased their trade-in values and always surpass EB. When EB has the extra $$ deals, they're not too bad. When they don't, you get $2 for games they resell for $18. Major ripoff. Game Crazy has good trade-in values as well. The problem I have with them, is the quality of their used games. Again, I am very picky. But, I've bought many used games over the past years that were basically brand new. And I just won't accept anything less. I just traded in a few more games to Coconuts today for top dollar. They didn't have anything I wanted, at a price I was willilng to pay, so I'll have to wait for their next sale ad. Oh, but I did pick up Moto GP2 for the XBox sealed at Coconuts for $39.99. They just got it in, in a warehouse shipment. Sweet.

anyone else think the wording on the coupons is werid....

Also be careful when printing off coupons I ended up with 150 coupons (hit print 50 ,, the only setting my printer can do) the thing prints out 50 of each coupon so 150 total It killed my ink

[quote name='help1']okay, the coupon is the same for every1 so if you want it I ll give it over AIM only[/quote]

Did you just ignore cheapy's last post? Do NOT give the codes out, if people want the codes they can take the few minutes it takes to play the game. We're just starting to get in good with EB, and people screwing around like this is not the way to continue to stay in their good graces.

I don't want to be a dick, but I really thought the coupon was good for 30% off your entire order, not just 1 game. That kinda sucks. :(

I cant figure out how the people on the high score board got those scores. At the end of level 3 my score is still really low, and it wont let you pick up stuff after your stash meter gets full.

[quote name='nixts']I don't want to be a dick, but I really thought the coupon was good for 30% off your entire order, not just 1 game. That kinda sucks. :([/quote]

Someone posted earlier saying that they'd used a coupon for each item. You could try that...

Going to EB tomorrow during my lunch break. Time to see if I can find anything worthwhile for the 30% off...

i think i will get 30% off steel battalion. that sounds like a good idea to me. Steel battalion for only $119. not as good as getting it for 100 new at FYE but not bad.

My thoughts exactly. I don't even know how you got 1500. Does the time it takes you to complete a level influence the points?

Anyone use these coupons in store yet? I went to a local EB and bought 5 games and used 5 coupons (photocopies). The employee didn't know how to use them since no one has brought them in before (I live in a small area and no one exploits deals like this). Anyway, he first scanned in my Edge card, then manually entered another 20% off for the coupon, so I didn't actually get 30% off. I got 20% off the initial price, then 10% off that, which doesn't quite equal 30%. He tried to scan the coupons in but it didn't work. For example, I bought 5 of the $2.99 PS2 games to use for the PS2 trade-in deal. Each game rang to $2.15 after discounts. This was $2.99 - $0.40 (20%) = $2.39. Then it was $2.39 - $0.24 (10% of that) = $2.15. If I had gotten a straight 30% off each game would have been $2.09. My total was $10.75. This is only a 28% total discount. If I received a true 30% off my original total ($14.95) it would have been $10.47. Obviously this isn't a big difference when you get cheap games, but if you get more expensive games it will make a difference.

Online the coupon works as it should. You enter the coupon code and your Edge card and you get a true 30% off your total.

Just wanted to let people know.

You're only supposed to use one coupon on one game in a single transaction. But my EB was fairly new, and they knew how to do it.

[quote name='dafoomie']You're only supposed to use one coupon on one game in a single transaction. But my EB was fairly new, and they knew how to do it.[/quote]

What's the difference how you do it? The coupon says nothing about 1 coupon/game per transaction. I have one right here and it says "30% off any one pre-played game!" There is no other disclaimer on the coupon. Some others here had said they used multiples at once so I did, too. I just wish the employees at my EB had known how to use it, but I'm not complaining too much. I lost out on $0.30. The coupon is good for a month and getting an extra 20% off in addition to my Edge card is great, B&M and online. In the next month when I use more of these coupons (I'm definitely going to use a lot of them) I will try to make sure I get a full 30% off.

Plus, I have been ripped off enough at EB, both through game trade-ins and as a former employee, that if they are going to put these deals out there, I don't feel one bit bad about taking advantage of them. Like the "PS2 w/5 Games for $150 credit" trade-in deal I just took advantage of. I did not feal one bit bad about buying five of the $2.99 games and using those as my five trade-in games. This deal happened to not have an exclusion list on titles to trade, so I took advantage of it. I trade 2 Madden 01s and 2 NFL 2K3s. Eat that, EB. In fact, I may buy a cheap used PS2 and five more games just so I can do it again.

[quote name='Benaorn']Can anyone hook me up with the coupon? The car is barely moving on my 5 years old 500 mhz computer.[/quote]

I don't think PC speed makes much of a difference. Get some gaming skills. Just keep trying, it took me a few tries. Just keep your damage down and remember that by the end of the timer for each level you only need 250, 500, or 750 points depending on which level you're on. But you should get as many points at the beginning as you can since it's easier.

The easiest way to beat it is to use two hands on the arrow keys.
One for the gas and one to steer, we don't need no stinkin' brakes.

Once you notice that you're not picking up any games/dvd's get to a Ebgames store, pull up to the front of it. A yellow area will show up designating that you're in the drop off zone. switch one of your hands to the space bar and press down.

Get back on the gas. Rinse-repeat!

Now if I can figure out how to do a smash and grab I'll be set.

bread's done
Back