EBgames.com sold out of Xbox 360 Bundles

Interesting.

I went in-store tonight and they're encouraging to pre-order games now, they say there's going to be a "limited number of available games"..

I think I will go for Perfect Dark Zero and Oblivion..

Sure they sold out, but it doesn't say exactly how many copies sold, that'd be what I'm curious to know.

just the usual ebay fuckers...fleebgames is going to enjoy the mass returns when the fleabay sellers discover they can't make a profit.

How are all my fellow CAGs dropping $400 + tax for this system on launch? I can't even afford a new Xbox right now. It's sad really.... :'(

I'm sitting this launch out. I always get consoles on launch, then realise there aren't many games on them and stop playing. Once the initial amazement goes away, the launch console is barren.

I'll wait a couple of months, let some games come out, beat old PS2, Xbox and GC games that are backing up.

[quote name='aoLat']How are all my fellow CAGs dropping $400 + tax for this system on launch? I can't even afford a new Xbox right now. It's sad really.... :'([/QUOTE]

Thank God for college loans :)

Nah, I'm gonna stop putting my college money towards games. I'll live on ramen for a month and put the money towards the XBOX 360, hehe.

[quote name='Scorch']
I went in-store tonight and they're encouraging to pre-order games now, they say there's going to be a "limited number of available games"..
[/QUOTE]

Is it going to be like the original Xbox's launch... where the games/accessories were available to buy a few days before the console launched?

I remember picking up an extra controller and Dead or Alive 3 close to a week before the launch. Kinda weird just looking at the games and controllers just sitting there for a few days.

I haven't heard any predictions of major shortages, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out. I don't think I'll be picking one up anyway.

[quote name='aoLat']WOW! How could they sell out of such a total rip-off?! o_O[/QUOTE]

It is called "the I must have it first" complex. People thought they wouldn't be able to find it when it hits stores so they decided to waste a shitload of money on something that isn't worth it especially at the prices that EB is selling 360 bundles for.

Thus the reason why I won't be getting one until they work out all the issues of the system and drop the price to less than 200 bucks for the Premium pack.

[quote name='wubb']I haven't heard any predictions of major shortages, but it will be interesting to see how it plays out. I don't think I'll be picking one up anyway.[/QUOTE]

i was thinking about getting one until i remembered my 2,000 buck college loan was due.. plus i would rather wait till summer 2006 to make sure they got all the bugs out and i want to make sure all XBOX games play on it

I definitely will not be picking up one. I can't stomach spending $550 for a console, controller and a game. I am, after all, a cheap ass gamer.

[quote name='Demontooth']I definitely will not be picking up one. I can't stomach spending $550 for a console, controller and a game. I am, after all, a cheap ass gamer.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't have been said better.

[quote name='gsr']just the usual ebay fuckers...fleebgames is going to enjoy the mass returns when the fleabay sellers discover they can't make a profit.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if this is true; given that the PSP didn't sell for outrageous prices after its US launch, I wonder if those who bought several US PSPs felt the sting, and are staying away?

Although, truth be told, Japanese PSPs did sell for a disgusting amount after release ($800+ for a few on eBay).

Suckers!

Well that extra $100 will keep some buyers away. So I can see there not being a major shortage this year.

Plus buying a $400 console to make only $100 extra off of it after taxes and ebay fees is really not worth it.

I'm happy the 360 presales are going so well... Because Sony said they will move the PS3 launch up if XBOX 360 sales are good... and I really want a PS3!!!

The Xbox brand has never been popular enough to command premium prices from the masses. Some of the limited edition consoles from Japan are about the only versions that ever sold for much over retail. I'd love to own a 360, but I'm not about to pay $400 for the system and $60 for new games.

Fortunately, I can wait Microsoft out for a long as it takes for a price drop (or two) to occur, and when Xbox 1 games go on clearance, I'll be there first. :D

[quote name='soulwish2003']I'm happy the 360 presales are going so well... Because Sony said they will move the PS3 launch up if XBOX 360 sales are good... and I really want a PS3!!![/QUOTE]

If you don't want to pay $399 for a system if Sony rushes the PS3 the way they stated several times this means that it will probably sale for more $500 bucks because all of the new technology that is going into it and the costs of that technology in its early stages.

[quote name='soulwish2003']I'm happy the 360 presales are going so well... Because Sony said they will move the PS3 launch up if XBOX 360 sales are good... and I really want a PS3!!![/QUOTE]

Glad I could help.

I have a feeling there are going to be a ton of disappointed people on the 22nd when the 360 fails to live up to the hype. I'm not saying the system isn't going to be awesome eventually but I don't see any reason to own one at launch...

[quote name='uzumaki_star']If you don't want to pay $399 for a system if Sony rushes the PS3 the way they stated several times this means that it will probably sale for more $500 bucks because all of the new technology that is going into it and the costs of that technology in its early stages.[/QUOTE]

I have not seen anything from Sony that shows they will have any more technology than Microsoft.

[quote name='javeryh']I have a feeling there are going to be a ton of disappointed people on the 22nd when the 360 fails to live up to the hype. I'm not saying the system isn't going to be awesome eventually but I don't see any reason to own one at launch...[/QUOTE]

Someone's bitter that their "Drake of the 99 Dragons" game probably won't be backwards compatible at launch? ;)

Seriously, you bring up a good point, but fail to realize that you are thinking rationally in your mind. For others, possession is 9/10ths of the law. We may be approaching (or passing) 30, but we still believe we must be the first kid on the block to own one, even if it's lackluster. The launch titles aren't impressive? Feh, that's revisionist history. Surely people thought that Battle Arena Toshinden was totally awesome, or The Bouncer, or Summoner. There are countless first-gen shit titles that would still elicit "oohs" from people. Ten years later? No way. Now? Yep.

Anyway, I respect your point of view, but I'm afraid that the marketers are exponentially smarter than all of us.

The Dreamcast had a great launch, also....but most systems do.

Well before they move the PS3 launch up, they should probably build one.

[quote name='Indiana']I have not seen anything from Sony that shows they will have any more technology than Microsoft.[/QUOTE]

Indiana you must not have pay attention to the fact that Sony stated they will be using the Blu-Ray DVD Disc technology for the games for PS3. Blu-Ray hasn't been proven yet as a technology so if they rush to make PS3 they will be one of the first companies to utilize this new technology.

[quote name='Scorch']Interesting.

I think I will go for Perfect Dark Zero and Oblivion..[/QUOTE]
Systems maybe, games I really don't think so. Not this early.

[quote name='mykevermin']Someone's bitter that their "Drake of the 99 Dragons" game probably won't be backwards compatible at launch? ;)

Seriously, you bring up a good point, but fail to realize that you are thinking rationally in your mind. For others, possession is 9/10ths of the law. We may be approaching (or passing) 30, but we still believe we must be the first kid on the block to own one, even if it's lackluster. The launch titles aren't impressive? Feh, that's revisionist history. Surely people thought that Battle Arena Toshinden was totally awesome, or The Bouncer, or Summoner. There are countless first-gen shit titles that would still elicit "oohs" from people. Ten years later? No way. Now? Yep.

Anyway, I respect your point of view, but I'm afraid that the marketers are exponentially smarter than all of us.[/QUOTE]

Well, to each his own I guess... It is very tempting and tough to not fall for the hype (which is why I'm just trying to avoid it altogether). Looking back I've rarely been disappointed at a launch - the last few I've participated in have been great (SNES had Super Mario World, N64 had Super Mario 64 and the Dreamcast had Soul Caliber). The difference here though is that these games are still praised by most people to this day... only time will tell what we think of the 360 launch titles. I say go for it though if you want one. I'll probably cave before the price drops so all I've really done is deprive myself of playing time...

I have never bought a system right at launch.... I mean look at all the new versions that are released as time goes on. Sometimes problems just need to be fleshed out on a larger scale than a few testers.... Plus i like the price-drop. I'll get a 360 once i have more time (and money too, of course).

[quote name='demomanTNA']They probably had like 10 bundles available anyways. No big deal.[/QUOTE]

Ha! You're probably right.

News like this makes the reality that I'll be missing out on a system launch set in a bit further. It's killing me not to be the first 30 year old kid in the neighborhood to get one :)

All I have to say is: Heaven forfend that I should shuffle off this mortal coil on November 24th. For that reason and that reason alone I genuinely want a 360 at launch.

[quote name='javeryh']Well, to each his own I guess... It is very tempting and tough to not fall for the hype (which is why I'm just trying to avoid it altogether). Looking back I've rarely been disappointed at a launch - the last few I've participated in have been great (SNES had Super Mario World, N64 had Super Mario 64 and the Dreamcast had Soul Caliber). The difference here though is that these games are still praised by most people to this day... only time will tell what we think of the 360 launch titles. I say go for it though if you want one. I'll probably cave before the price drops so all I've really done is deprive myself of playing time...[/QUOTE]

Two of those systems bottomed out :)

I too remember the launch titles being pretty good except for the 3DO, Sega CD, and a few others.

I can't say I was overly impressed with the XBOX, PS2, or GameCube launches either though, so it probably doesn't mean a whole lot.

[quote name='Indiana']I have not seen anything from Sony that shows they will have any more technology than Microsoft.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen anything spectacular either. Time will tell though.

as someone above pointed out, the PS3 uses the very new Blu-Ray technology. The 360 uses DVD. A DVD player costs $40-$50. The only Blu-Ray players available are in Japan and cost $3000.

[quote name='mykevermin']I wonder if this is true; given that the PSP didn't sell for outrageous prices after its US launch, I wonder if those who bought several US PSPs felt the sting, and are staying away?

Although, truth be told, Japanese PSPs did sell for a disgusting amount after release ($800+ for a few on eBay).

Suckers![/QUOTE]

Well, I got a friend that has plans to buy as many as he can to sell on eBay at launch. I think it's a shitty thing to do, but if you want one and you don't pre-order it or expect some kind of Christmas shortage, than you kinda deserve to be gouged for it.

[quote name='mykevermin']Someone's bitter that their "Drake of the 99 Dragons" game probably won't be backwards compatible at launch? ;)

Anyway, I respect your point of view, but I'm afraid that the marketers are exponentially smarter than all of us.[/QUOTE]

Summoner was a fun title. if the graphics were updated, and the load times lessened, it would have been great.

[quote name='Import']I'm sitting this launch out. I always get consoles on launch, then realise there aren't many games on them and stop playing. Once the initial amazement goes away, the launch console is barren.

I'll wait a couple of months, let some games come out, beat old PS2, Xbox and GC games that are backing up.[/QUOTE]

Exactly... the first generation of systems always has some problems. There are plenty of games for all the systems to catch up on. And the systems are supposed to be backwards capable, so you can still play them on the new consoles down the road. No rush.

[quote name='opportunity777']I can't say I was overly impressed with the XBOX, PS2, or GameCube launches either though, so it probably doesn't mean a whole lot.[/quote]

Yeah same here. I remeber when ps2 came out, and all the "decent" titles sold out and all that was able to be found ( in my area) was that fireworks game [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fantavision[/font] and Oni. Ohh the good ole days.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi3']The Xbox brand has never been popular enough to command premium prices from the masses. Some of the limited edition consoles from Japan are about the only versions that ever sold for much over retail. I'd love to own a 360, but I'm not about to pay $400 for the system and $60 for new games.

Fortunately, I can wait Microsoft out for a long as it takes for a price drop (or two) to occur, and when Xbox 1 games go on clearance, I'll be there first. :D[/QUOTE]

The Halo XBOX Green Version which retailed for $ 169.00. Has sold for $ 400.00 plus on ebay and people eat them up!

[quote name='gamegeizer']The Halo XBOX Green Version which retailed for $ 169.00. Has sold for $ 400.00 plus on ebay and people eat them up![/QUOTE]

I also heard the Panzer Dragoon XBox sold for a lot on eBay.

To be honest I don't see any compelling reason why to buy a 360 at launch other than bragging rights. The games for the most part are uninspiring and I don't see anything that isn't already out on all the systems currently available.

I'm expecting the same with the PS3 as well, because honestly from what we do know I have a feeling that Sony wants to continue to put out what they feel has worked the past two generations rather even if some gamers (like myself) are getting tired of the same 3D fighters, Madden, FPS, etc etc etc....

I feel that Nintendo out of the three in this next generation might at least bring us something new with the Revolution but even with the strange controllers that has yet to be seen...

That's my $2.50 worth on the 360 and beyond.....

If I get this at all, it will be in a good few years.

Revolution will be mine at launch. I'll enjoy it.

Then I'll get either a PS3 or XBOX360 on the cheap and get all the early games cheap.

I bought my PS2 a year or two ago, and was able to get all the good earlier titles very hceap used. that's what I like.

[quote name='gamegeizer']The Halo XBOX Green Version which retailed for $ 169.00. Has sold for $ 400.00 plus on ebay and people eat them up![/QUOTE]

I wish it still sold for that much. I have one that I would like to get rid of, but I'll barely get $125 I think....I have to check EBAY again

EB knows who the ebayers are, and they call them and let them know they can't do it and that they can pick up their deposit at their leisure

I'm a business member at Sam's. I am considering standing outside of Sam's at 6 am that morning so I can get in there and buy a couple to stick on ebay so I can pay for Xmas.

bread's done
Back