Ecost.com PS3 Pre- Orders NOW!!!! Confirmed

[quote name='_RT_']That might be what the site says, but I can assure you there is a charge for the total pending on my card right now.[/QUOTE]
I think you quoted the wrong post there... Anyway if you used Google Checkout, you probably get charged immediately no matter what eCost's policy is.

If you get a can't authorize card number or something similar to that and it says hit continue button to go back....DON'T do it!!!!! I started about an hour ago or more, then called and the customer service person said that its going to bill for each of the orders...i now have 10k worth of orders that I had to authorize on the card then on monday cancel. It has to do with an system update on their end... LEARN from me...also it doesn't "charge" the Card it puts an Authorization Hold on the Money...IE future Accounts receivable, its a pending charge, but you still have the same credit line available.

[quote name='icruise']I think you quoted the wrong post there... Anyway if you used Google Checkout, you probably get charged immediately no matter what eCost's policy is.[/quote]

I used the sites regular payment method. My gf used google. Both charges went through immediately and are on our cards. Just an FYI.

i think google charges immediately no matter what, I placed an order through their payment method and it is just an authorization on my cc not a charge (authorizations should dissapear in a couple of business days) their website says they will not charge backordered items until they ship if they do then I will just cancel but they should honor their online policy

[quote name='spiderdog']Rip Off!![/quote]

Yes and no. Some might argue that the extra $200 is worth not having to camp overnight. Others might argue that they will make much more than the $800 on ebay.

Either way, I got my order in and if it works out, I am happy to pay the extra.

I am wondering if I should do this or not. eCost got an A from the better business Bureau, but 799.99 is a bit much for a PS3 from a company I never heard of before. What are they're cancelling policies?

"If you must cancel an order for any reason, please email us at [email protected] for assistance. An eCOST.com Customer Service Representative will determine whether the order has already shipped, in process, or in the warehouse. A cancellation request is no guarantee that the order will be stopped or cancelled.

In some cases, we may not be able to cancel the order because it is has already shipped. If this occurs, we will gladly accept a return consistent with our non-defective return policy, but we will not be able to refund the shipping and handling fees and you will be responsible for the return shipping to eCOST.com. We suggest that you use a return shipment method that issues tracking numbers, so that you can ensure that the item is safely returned to our Returns Depot.

Please note that if the box is opened or the box is marred with writing other than the shipping label, we reserve the right to charge a 15% restocking fee to help offset our loss on the devalued goods.

To request an order cancellation by e-mail, please contact us at:
[email protected]"

Truth be told though, if I just saw this thread now, I'd be passing. It looks like it won't be a problem regardless, since they're saying they'll ship December 14, giving you three weeks after launch to bug them enough to cancel, but at this point in the deal several hours later, it's probably just going to be paying hundreds extra to get one after Xmas.

Wow. Some of the online retailers gouge the customers because the PS3 is a hot item that Sony can't produce adequately. What a shitty, shitty situation.
Better than bundles some would argue I suppose.

I hate getting ripped off, so I ordered two. I'm hoping to sell one for 200 profit ,to make up for the other $200 I had to pay extra for my own system. Grr.. spread the hate I guess. Hope it is still sellable for $1k come december.

In my view, $200 is more than enough compensation for not having to camp out with a bunch of lunatics.. and even camping out with lunatics at this point might not get me a system at this point. Yeah, it's money I could be spending on games instead... big deal, CAG has saved/earned me much more than that over the past year.

Much thanks to the OP for the lead. I'll make the most of the opportunity given to me.

In my view, $200 is more than enough compensation for not having to camp out with a bunch of lunatics..

Yes, if you absolutely, positively have to get a PS3 ASAP and haven't got a preorder secured, this is very true. The average amount of hours one will most likely have to wait around the U.S. is sure to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-18*, so even if you look at that as a minimum wage proposition, that's still a good chunk of that extra charge. Now factor in the weather in addition to the aforementioned "lunatics" and it's a 'wash' in my book.

Of course, it's easy for me to say because I could care less about the PS3 this holiday season.

*--360 lines--i.e. not just a handful of the hardcore--were forming in earnest at roughly noon on the 21st, if memory serves correct.

jollydwarf and I are so together on this point. After all, where is the MUST HAVE launch title folks can't live without? 80+% of the games at launch are ALREADY on the 360 and maybe other systems. There is no MGS5, GT HD (or whatever it's called this week), or even Getaway 3.

I'd LOVE to get a PS3 at launch. After all, Sony heard our cries and got rid of the boomerang. And though the price is more than I want to play, I'm about to get a 1080p TV, so a blu-ray or HD-DVD drive was really attractive. But, I already have a 360, they provided the HD-DVD option for a reasonable price (much less than stand alone players), and I'm already playing and using both without lines or being thrown to the ground.

Nice try Sony, maybe I'll catch up with you in Feb. For now, your too much hassle and not enough fun.

I saw the annoucement of this on a bunch of boards yesterday. When I called same thing- I would be number 250+ dec 14th. I decided to pass. if anyone thinks they are getting anywhere near 200 they are a fool.

IMO it's nuts to pay over retail. You WILL get one within the next few months regardless. Don't we all have other games we can play in the mean time? Geez, spending $200 is almost getting a Wii for free, just by waiting a few months.

[quote name='Puppy']IMO it's nuts to pay over retail. You WILL get one within the next few months regardless. Don't you have other games you can play in the mean time? Geez, spend $200 is almost getting a Wii for free, just by waiting a few months.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I will try and get one after launch day however will not pay over retail. I think it is rather funny how people were complaining about the prices of both versions and now have no problem spending $200.00 more. The Wii should not be hard to find at all after launch day and as someone stated already....that $200.00 price difference is almost a brand new Wii system.

[quote name='frank21_1981']they just raised the price of the 60gb to 999[/quote]

Thats cause now it comes with 4 games.

NO NO NO!

$200 for nothing? No.

Don't encourage this garbage. It's as bad as the scalpers. Might as well go for a bundle and get something for your extra money.

Just talks to a CSR and he told me (obviously, this is probably BS) that they were probably going to ship the orders on or around Friday as the have not received too many. After the Best Buy debacle we all know how reliable CSR's are but at least he told me that if it didn't ship soon enough I could cancel over the phone. Good luck to all who ordered.

Received a cancellation letter for my PS3 20GB order, although I got in pretty late(minutes before I posted earlier).

Yeah they have been canceling some orders. So far 4 including yours, 1 of mine, and 2 people from the amazon ps3 forum. Seems to be mostly people who used google checkout (my other orders were with credit cards through the site and seem to be doing fine).

My Google Checkout order was canceled too. Sucks, because that was the only way I could check out. The site was just hanging endlessly. :/

Told you Ecost fuck ing sucks!!!!!!!!!
Ecost is a crappy reseller at best. Come on people...wake up. Amazon is not doing pre-orders. What makes you think that a little distributor like Ecost is going to be allocated more units than anybody else? It doesn't makefuck ing sense.

bread's done
Back