Endless Ocean - Swim With the Fishes Online - $30

Scrubking

CAGiversary!
I think this game finally deserves it's own thread outside of the screenshots thread so here is the new info.

- January 21, NA release date
- Online co-op mode where you can explore the ocean with a friend
- Play with Dolphins and other marine life
- Take pics of fish and record your adventures (288 fish?)
- Play your own music via SD card
- Unspecified treasure hunt mode

LINK

This actually sounds really cool. One of my son's favorite things in Zelda was the bug collecting and exploring. Fish photo collecting and deep sea exploring would be a great educational activity. It's an aspect of video games that hasn't been exploited in many years.

[quote name='Strell']The moment I get humped by a dolphin, I'm breaking the disc.[/quote]
Just don't rub its stomach and you'll be fine.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Just don't rub its stomach and you'll be fine.[/quote]

"It happened to me too :cry: "
billkothmo6.jpg

This is suposed to be related to the PS2 Everblue games so if anyone is interested, they could try to hunt down a copy. I thought it was okay. I'm quite curious as to what this online aspect will bring about since you just swim around and look at things.

[quote name='Magehart']^^ wrong guy.[/quote]

I disagree, it happened to both Hank and Bill, and eventually the Dolphin handler as well.

Unless you were talking to someone else, in which case....:whistle2:\"

this game makes me really curious. i'm definitly be looking into it. there's got to be some kind of pull that makes me want to buy this game though. so far, i haven't seen it.
i had really good memories of playing ecco the dolphin on the dreamcast and just swimming around underwater. it made me very relaxed. i really loved it.

I was stoned last night when I read about this and got REALLY excited. Like the dude before me, I had lots of fun in Ecco on DC just cruising around as a dolphin, and the concept of swimming around a beautiful ocean and exploring sunken ships and coral reefs while listening to Kruder and Dorfmeister makes me want to skin up a few Js in anticipation.

Hopefully, this game has what it takes to replace Jet Set Radio as my game of choice to fall back on when I'm high and want to play something that makes me smile!

[quote name='supershammy']I was stoned last night when I read about this and got REALLY excited. Like the dude before me, I had lots of fun in Ecco on DC just cruising around as a dolphin, and the concept of swimming around a beautiful ocean and exploring sunken ships and coral reefs while listening to Kruder and Dorfmeister makes me want to skin up a few Js in anticipation.

Hopefully, this game has what it takes to replace Jet Set Radio as my game of choice to fall back on when I'm high and want to play something that makes me smile![/QUOTE]

I like playing scary games because they freak the shit out of me. :D I use Wii sports to try and break the couch lock.

Game reminds me a bit of the old PC game Amazon Trail. You just clicked around the rainforest, took pictures and learned about animals. I'm actually pretty curious about this title.

It has online co-op, so you just know people are going to use it to play out their underwater sex fetish.....with or without dolphins.

Um, in first reading the topic I thought threre it was going to be a mobster game where you would eventually get whacked and "swim with the fishies"

[quote name='sying']Um, in first reading the topic I thought threre it was going to be a mobster game where you would eventually get whacked and "swim with the fishies"[/quote]

I think you mean "sleep with the fishes".

Here is another interpretation of the game's features from a Jgamer.

- Dolphin partner/friend. You can play games with him or catch a ride.
- Female supporter Katherine Sandy.
- Play with fish, feed them and take pictures! They will also follow you around.
- Catch, stroke, poke.
- Hand actions/gestures
- Aquarium with a encyclopedia with information on the fish you saw/caught
- Accept offers and give underwater tours, take pictures, communicate underwater,...
- WiFi diving with friends, you can visit a friend's ocean, or your friend can come and visit your ocean.
- Custom MP3 soundtrack option (!)

There are a myriad of possibilitites to spice up a game like this and would make for a deep gameplay experience (no pun intended). A random shipwreck, realistic geographic phenomenon, and rpg elements like buying differrent types of equipment, submersibles, cages, nets, cameras, light, etc.

I originally thought of Pokemon Snap as well, but if it ends up being Pokemon Snap with fish instead of Pokemon, I would pass. Next generation gaming should be evolving to take on a more complex scope instead of rehashing an old window with new curtains.

This sounds like the Nintendogs of the Wii- a flashy tech demo.

Hopefully I'm proved wrong, but this sounds like a snore-fest to me.

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']I like playing scary games because they freak the shit out of me. :D I use Wii sports to try and break the couch lock.[/quote]

Haha, good times. I used to jump into Excercise mode in Wii Sports to do the same, but eventually the heightened heart rate and temporary lung capacity decrease would get to me.

You and me, we'll have to cruise the deep blue sea while high above the clouds!

[quote name='supershammy']Haha, good times. I used to jump into Excercise mode in Wii Sports to do the same, but eventually the heightened heart rate and temporary lung capacity decrease would get to me.

You and me, we'll have to cruise the deep blue sea while high above the clouds![/QUOTE]

Best of both worlds. ;)

[quote name='Chacrana']While I'd like to put a positive spin on everything Wii... this looks unbelievably boring.[/QUOTE]

Right. Because you've never done that before.

Or always done that before.

I can't tell which sounds more sarcastic.

Maybe it's 60/40.

[quote name='bmulligan']I originally thought of Pokemon Snap as well, but if it ends up being Pokemon Snap with fish instead of Pokemon, I would pass. Next generation gaming should be evolving to take on a more complex scope instead of rehashing an old window with new curtains.[/QUOTE]
Pokemon Snap was a lot more fun than PS2's Everblue. IIRC, you looked around and sold treasure you found for better equipment to make your diving experience better. Pokemon Snap as least let you interact by throwing crap at the things you're taking pictures off.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Pokemon Snap was a lot more fun than PS2's Everblue. IIRC, you looked around and sold treasure you found for better equipment to make your diving experience better. Pokemon Snap as least let you interact by throwing crap at the things you're taking pictures off.[/QUOTE]

Well, if they want to get my money for this new game, it has to be Snap, Everblue, and much more. There is so much that can be integrated into these simulation type games that are hardly ever done in order to shovel out a new title and make a fast buck.

I was a big fan of EverBlue 2 (the game helped to get my wife back into gaming) and this looks great. I might be the only one but unless it gets REALLY bad reviews then I'll pick it up at release.

[quote name='guessed']I think you mean "sleep with the fishes".[/QUOTE]

actually both phrases are interchangeable.

This game sounds intriguing. The box art is beautiful.

If I'm looking at the right game on Nintendo's Press Site, this game's now called Endless Ocean and comes out 10/29/07, the same day as Battalion Wars 2.

"Not Enya, but a remarkable simulation!" ;)

But seriously, thanks for the video. This game looks really nice. I like relatively abstract concepts like this.

Interesting looking now that I have videos... Some of the backgrounds/structures appear to be very repetitive... That could cause it to get old fast if true.

this game would lend well to downloadable content if that was even feasible for the Wii. Getting new oceans/environments and whole new animals could really keep the game's replayability high

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']this game would lend well to downloadable content if that was even feasible for the Wii. Getting new oceans/environments and whole new animals could really keep the game's replayability high[/quote]

I wouldn't hold my breath. They've pretty much proven that Wii games can't be patched.

[quote name='Vegan']I wouldn't hold my breath. They've pretty much proven that Wii games can't be patched.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what?

[quote name='Strell']Wait, what?[/quote]

Zelda had a game-breaking bug, but was it patched? No. They made new physical discs and offered a voluntary recall. There are other examples. I'm taking this as confirmation that Wii games cannot be patched.

bread's done
Back