Enslaved: Odyssey To The West 19.99 (Xbox/PS3) - Amazon

[quote name='Gurusharky']Idk, I feel like this game could hit the 10$ mark in the future. 20$ is a good deal though, I'm just not sure I want to spend 20$ on this particular game.[/QUOTE]

I am in the same boat.... I have this itching feeling that this game will be $9.99 in the next few weeks so Im just going to wait it out.

[quote name='Ryan_gf']Well dang! My 8 game+ backlog says I should wait for a cheaper price[/QUOTE]

your backlog is only 8 games? I think mine is nearing 200 with all the console games and steam sales!

i have a problem.

[quote name='hollowfreak']There's a 3D update for the PS3, sure why not, liked the demo on 360. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

3d update for ps3? i need to google this. i was going to get on xbox, but that might be the deal breaker for me.

[quote name='frpilot']your backlog is only 8 games? I think mine is nearing 200 with all the console games and steam sales!

i have a problem.[/QUOTE]

I just cracked 300 this week... I no longer think of it as a backlog, but a library. I have a room in my apartment that's wall to wall books, some of which I haven't read, and I never feel pressure to read through them quickly. So why should games be different, right? They're there when you want to play them.

Eh, maybe I'm rationalizing. :)

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Now that's either some strong-ass will-power...or you're just one of the most frugal people I know. And I thought I was frugal! ;)

But I bought it for $25 as I thought it was already outrageously low-priced considering it release in early Oct. I thought it couldn't possible drop further for at least 4 or 5 months. But I've now come to the realization that Namco is now just like Ubisoft, in fact, I think they have now surpassed Ubi games in terms of quick price drops.[/QUOTE]

It helps when you don't even have a 360 or PS3 yet. Not that I haven't amassed quite a collection for when I do...

[quote name='uthoria']I am in the same boat.... I have this itching feeling that this game will be $9.99 in the next few weeks so Im just going to wait it out.[/QUOTE]I doubt it'll be the next few weeks, but I have enough games to last me a year at least. As it is, I picked up Bayonetta for $20 a year ago, and only got around to playing it the week before it dropped to $10 on Amazon. Will eagerly anticipate this game hitting $10.

Wow, really? This was $25 on Black Friday. I was sure they wouldn't drop it again for at least a few months. I might have to shoot an email to Amazon and just see if they'll give me a credit.

[quote name='Ardrid']Wow, really? This was $25 on Black Friday. I was sure they wouldn't drop it again for at least a few months. I might have to shoot an email to Amazon and just see if they'll give me a credit.[/QUOTE]
I just emailed them to see if they'd adjust it for me too. I bought mine at the beginning of November though.:cry:

If they don't, then no biggie, but it's worth a shot.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I just emailed them to see if they'd adjust it for me too. I bought mine at the beginning of November though.:cry:

If they don't, then no biggie, but it's worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

if u call or do amazon chat with a cs rep i think u'll have a better chance.

completely off topic: yokofox33 your sig is hypnotizing

back on topic: will bite at that price. anyone wanna sway me as to whether i should buy for the ps3 or 360?

[quote name='sigmano9']anyone wanna sway me as to whether i should buy for the ps3 or 360?[/QUOTE]

Only get it for PS3 if you don't have a 360. The one on 360 has a better frame rate and the screen tears less.

[quote name='Fabrizo']Only get it for PS3 if you don't have a 360. The one on 360 has a better frame rate and the screen tears less.[/QUOTE]

thanks will get it for the 360.

[quote name='technicalstylez']if u call or do amazon chat with a cs rep i think u'll have a better chance.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I already received a robo response less than 5 minutes after I emailed them saying that the price I got it for was the cheapest they could do at that point and they couldn't help me.:cry:

Maybe I'll try the customer service chat for the hell of it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. I already received a robo response less than 5 minutes after I emailed them saying that the price I got it for was the cheapest they could do at that point and they couldn't help me.:cry:

Maybe I'll try the customer service chat for the hell of it.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I don't have the chat option available though.

[quote name='VaultDweller']if you have a brain then you would wait for another price drop[/QUOTE]

I only feel that way when a game I bought drops within a few weeks or a month of my purchase. If I've played and enjoyed a game and then see it cheaper months later, I don't feel bad at all.

[quote name='illennium']I just cracked 300 this week... I no longer think of it as a backlog, but a library. I have a room in my apartment that's wall to wall books, some of which I haven't read, and I never feel pressure to read through them quickly. So why should games be different, right? They're there when you want to play them.

Eh, maybe I'm rationalizing. :)[/QUOTE]

Thats how I feel. Its a collection to me. You dont even want to know how many still sealed games I have waiting to be played.

$20 is a good price to buy this since you could play through it and still get back most if not all of your money reselling it. Essentially a cheap/free rental. It's a pretty solid game with some annoying platforming quirks here and there, I'd give it a 7.5/10

[quote name='ssjmichael']$20 is a good price to buy this since you could play through it and still get back most if not all of your money reselling it. Essentially a cheap/free rental. It's a pretty solid game with some annoying platforming quirks here and there, I'd give it a 7.5/10[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. I really enjoyed the characters (except for Pig) and story as well. If the DLC had been about anything other then Pig I wouldn't have resold it (god I hate Pig...) That being said, there is little replay value for anyone other than achievement whores.

Just a note: PLAY THIS GAME ON HARD. While this makes some sections rather difficult, most of the game is still really easy. Hard just adds a little bit more urgency at times that really makes the experience far more rewarding and thrilling.

Anyone have any luck with CS getting a credit for purchasing this on Black Friday?

Edit: Wow, Amazon CS is great. The guy wouldn't give me a credit but he said I can return it to Amazon and buy it at the lower price and they'll cover return shipping. $5 back in the pocket :)

Edit: So, the return/rebuy plan didn't pan out. Turns out they don't give you back promotional credit like the first rep seemed to indicate. Chatted with another guy and he gave me the $5 back in promotional credit for the inconvenience. End result: Amazon is still king and I still have $5 back in my pocket :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ardrid']Anyone have any luck with CS getting a credit for purchasing this on Black Friday?

Edit: Wow, Amazon CS is great. The guy wouldn't give me a credit but he said I can return it to Amazon and buy it at the lower price and they'll cover return shipping. $5 back in the pocket :)

Edit: So, the return/rebuy plan didn't pan out. Turns out they don't give you back promotional credit like the first rep seemed to indicate. Chatted with another guy and he gave me the $5 back in promotional credit for the inconvenience. End result: Amazon is still king and I still have $5 back in my pocket :)[/QUOTE]
They credit you back a promotion from over a month ago but they wouldn't credit me back the AC Brotherhood promotion 24 hours later? God, I hate Amazon.

[quote name='wilflare']how is the 360 superior?[/QUOTE]

Superior as in small details the everyday gamer would never ever notice.

Just look it up on those comparison Web sites.

[quote name='wilflare']how is the 360 superior?[/QUOTE]

Screen tearing is worse on PS3 (but present on 360) and 5.1 audio not being present in the PS3 version if you are running your audio out via optical/digital instead of HDMI.

Screen tearing bothers some people more than others.

bread's done
Back