Epic Mickey wii $14.99 AC at ToysRUs - NOT Dead

Wblaze

CAGiversary!
Hello All --

Just got back from ToysRUs in Columbia, MD. Epic Mickey for the Wii rang up at $24.99 and then they took the $10 gamer mag coupon. Out the door for $14.99 before tax. Not bad at all even if this game is just average

[quote name='vrs1650']Got it today in Albuquerque. Cashier seemed shocked at the price and that I pulled the coupon from the magazine in the store.[/QUOTE]

I did the exact same thing, lol.

Guy looked everywhere for the gamer guides for me but couldn't find one. He knew exactly what I was talking about and informed me that "we've had a lot of people ask for them." I give the guy an A for effort though because he not only knew what I was talking about but also tried to locate one.

[quote name='JKSonic']I see in the topic title it says NOT dead...why was it thought that it was dead?[/QUOTE]

Because originally some stores had signs showing that the $24.99 price was only valid for Easter Sunday.

[quote name='nuuuuj']Because originally some stores had signs showing that the $24.99 price was only valid for Easter Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks, well it's still $25 online so I may be heading over today. Turning $30 into $60 at Best Buy is just too good to pass up. Not much I was at the moment so I may either save it or use this opportunity to finally try out Rift since it's on sale.

[quote name='thegame85']Picked up a copy in Redwood City, CA...plenty of others behind the glass. It came to $17.30 after being reamed by 9.50% sales tax.[/QUOTE]

I remember the good old days, when Chicago only had a 9.5% sales tax...

[quote name='JKSonic']Ah, thanks, well it's still $25 online so I may be heading over today. Turning $30 into $60 at Best Buy is just too good to pass up. Not much I was at the moment so I may either save it or use this opportunity to finally try out Rift since it's on sale.[/QUOTE]
FYI - the coupon states "one coupon per guest" "we reserve the right to limit quantities" not saying this is inforced or not, but something to be aware of.

[quote name='TylerDurden313']FYI - the coupon states "one coupon per guest" "we reserve the right to limit quantities" not saying this is inforced or not, but something to be aware of.[/QUOTE]

Seems like tons of people here have gotten it to work with 2 and even 3 though, right? If they refuse I'll just have my Wife stop in at lunch or something and pick one up, no biggie...or I'll just head back later when it's somebody else's shift.

And just to confirm, they do PM their own website now, right?

[quote name='TylerDurden313']FYI - the coupon states "one coupon per guest" "we reserve the right to limit quantities" not saying this is inforced or not, but something to be aware of.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to run down to the store in a few minutes and see if they let me apply it to all copies... For a double return on my money, I'll buy every copy in the store if they let me. lol

[quote name='kingotnw']I'm going to run down to the store in a few minutes and see if they let me apply it to all copies... For a double return on my money, I'll buy every copy in the store if they let me. lol[/QUOTE]

Even if they do, BB only allows so many trade ins of one game for a certain period of time. So, you'll still somebody to help you out.

just got back from TRU and got 2 copies of this along with 6 of the pokemon games that where $5 each they cashier was like like "holy cow you just saved $185" i got it in 2 seprate transactions. cause one of the ppl there told me about the pokemon games and i thought it was dead but looked at the case and they still had the signs up so i snagged the 6 they had left. so i guess betweend the 2 i saved over $200 might go back and get some more epics to flip now that i know about the BB deal

Just bought Epic Mickey at Raritan NJ TRU for $15 + tax with coupon. Went to Best Buy and the trade-in is down to $25. But had enough to buy Kirby's Epic Yarn and have a few pennies left

[quote name='bigkid43']Just bought Epic Mickey at Raritan NJ TRU for $15 + tax with coupon. Went to Best Buy and the trade-in is down to $25. But had enough to buy Kirby's Epic Yarn and have a few pennies left[/QUOTE]

I knew they would drop the trade in price soon, lol.

That's why I ran, and traded mine in yesterday. Got Mortal Kombat for free. Currently selling my sub zero code on ebay so it's a win win!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigkid43']Just bought Epic Mickey at Raritan NJ TRU for $15 + tax with coupon. Went to Best Buy and the trade-in is down to $25. But had enough to buy Kirby's Epic Yarn and have a few pennies left[/QUOTE]

It did, WTF! I JUST was online maybe 30min ago and it was still $30. Turning $30 into $50 is still a good deal, but I just don't know if it's still work it to run out with my two babies...

Might hit up Target first and see if NBA 2k11 or Monopoly are on clearance and if so then I'd do it...if not, nah.

To everyone having problems with the game scanning at $49.99:

I went in yesterday and had the same issue, so I came home and checked the forum and saw what people had said about it needing to be totaled for the discount to apply. Not wanting to miss out on this deal I went back to the store today and asked the guy to total it; it worked, he was more shocked than I was to see it total at $24.99. He then applied the coupon and blammo, I got the game for $17 with tax. Though I wasn't as luck as others when it comes to buying multiple copies; he would only apply the $10 to one. Oh well, at least I have it now!

So yeah, to Naryan and everyone else having problems, even if it rings up as $49.99, once the cashier hits total the discount will be applied. I am going to assume this lasts until the 30th, as others have said.

Good luck!

My local store in Parma, OH didn't have any Gamer magazines and haven't had them for awhile. Might try and go back with the printed coupon.

Bleh they only had one left in my store so it would have been only a $10 profit, just not worth it when I'm dragging a 14m old and a 4m old along with me.

[quote name='spideymike']My local store in Parma, OH didn't have any Gamer magazines and haven't had them for awhile. Might try and go back with the printed coupon.[/QUOTE]

North Olmstead, Oh had them as of yesterday if you want to make a quick trip over there

Thanks op! Managed to get a copy 14.99 plus tax. i wanted to get two but the cashier said only one was the limit...

I went to TRU 5 hours ago and asked how much does it ring up and he said, $49.99. After going back home empty handed, I read that the cashier needs to press total. I just went back again and sure enough, it rang up for $21 for two copies including tax. I think the manager used 3 coupons from 3 different gamer mags that they have at the register.
229537_10150165710263716_509643715_6806760_3934093_n.jpg

[quote name='navalg1337']I went to TRU 5 hours ago and asked how much does it ring up and he said, $49.99. After going back home empty handed, I read that the cashier needs to press total. I just went back again and sure enough, it rang up for $21 for two copies including tax. I think the manager used 3 coupons from 3 different gamer mags that they have at the register.
229537_10150165710263716_509643715_6806760_3934093_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Wait wait I'm confused, two copies should have been $30, not $20. It even says on your receipt, after coupons it's $14.99 per copy. What, did the cashier then take an addition $10 off?

[quote name='xDerekRx']Which Pokemon games are $5 must have missed that deal.[/QUOTE]

Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs, Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness.

Wow, the gamer gods must have been with me today.

So I got the two copies of epic mickey at TRU (cashier was willing to accept coupons as long as it was a separate transaction) for 14.99 each.

Finally after two best buy's (one didn't have their trade-in machine working?? weird) found one that made the trade-in and had kirby's epic yarn in stock.

But after several attempts from a willing young lady at customer service she proclaimed the stupid thing wasn't working.

So she offered a store credit as opposed to the 25 dollar gift card.
Total came up to 38 dollars!!

Kirby out the door with 16 dollars left on the card.
Security guy gave me a weird look after the story and sent me on my way.

A fluke experience for sure but it was worth the hassle in the end for basically 2 games at 15 bucks plus extra credit.

Thanks for all the help and hints CAGers!

I successfully got this at my TRU today for 14.99. Couldn't find the gamers mag in the gaming section, but when I went up to customer service to ask about them, they were sitting right there.

Everything went awesome, was able to pick up Vanquish for $18.01, and Epic Mickey for $24.99, and with the coupon it was only $14.99. They weren't marked down but the employee told me that the deals do ring up and that he has the gaming coupons already out for people that ask. I have a feeling that he was a CAG as well :p. Thanks TRU! Also signed up for your rewards card while I was there. Definitely one of the easiest transactions ever.

Thanks! I got 2 copies of Epic Mickey for 14.99 and each of the 4.99 Pokemon games.
The cashier was surprised.
Also I was lucky that they just set up some of the magazines a little bit before I got there. Thanks OP & ToysRUs!

[quote name='capcaveman19']Wow, the gamer gods must have been with me today.

So I got the two copies of epic mickey at TRU (cashier was willing to accept coupons as long as it was a separate transaction) for 14.99 each.

Finally after two best buy's (one didn't have their trade-in machine working?? weird) found one that made the trade-in and had kirby's epic yarn in stock.

But after several attempts from a willing young lady at customer service she proclaimed the stupid thing wasn't working.

So she offered a store credit as opposed to the 25 dollar gift card.
Total came up to 38 dollars!!

Kirby out the door with 16 dollars left on the card.
Security guy gave me a weird look after the story and sent me on my way.

A fluke experience for sure but it was worth the hassle in the end for basically 2 games at 15 bucks plus extra credit.

Thanks for all the help and hints CAGers![/QUOTE]

Security probably talk to the associate since they did it wrong. They probably have a picture of u with your info.

fucking hoarders. I managed to get a copy (wanted one to -- I know this is a novel idea -- actually play), but I had to go to two stores to do it. Only got it in the second store because the guy who cleaned out all of the copies they had on the shelf didn't bother to ask whether they had any more in the back room.

There wasnt a sale price on it, but I also got explorers of time for 4.99. I was also able to get 3 copies of Epic Mickey for 14.99. Originally scanned at 49.99, but after total was 24.99. Even got all 3 on the same receipt with one coupon. I hope the nice cashier lady doesn't get in trouble. . . :whistle2:(

Just picked up 2 copies for 16.93 each.
They had like 4 more copies and I had to search to get the gamer guide.
had to do 2 separate transactions thought

[quote name='arcane93']fucking hoarders. I managed to get a copy (wanted one to -- I know this is a novel idea -- actually play), but I had to go to two stores to do it. Only got it in the second store because the guy who cleaned out all of the copies they had on the shelf didn't bother to ask whether they had any more in the back room.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, all this talk about hoarding and trading up to BB... just messed up. I see the temptation, but I didn't realize CAG = Slickdeals.

Anyway, I went to 2 stores, and both stores had a ton of copies, but neither had a single gaming mag. The thing that pisses me off is that they ALWAYS had gaming mags...

Either someone came in and snatched all the mags for some bizarre reason, or the stores specifically didn't put them out. Asking a cashier didn't help either.

Both of my TRU didnt have the mags but i asked one store associate and he wasnt aware of the deals, he said he would accept a print out coupon as long as it scanned. So im going back tomorrow to grab a copy for me and another for nephew. Also are the Pokemon ranger game any good? $5 is very tempting even for just trade bait.

just came back but no gamer mags in my location! ill try to print out a coupon or try the other TRU tomorrow. hopefully i can get three

[quote name='ayepapajohn']did anyone actually printed out the coupon and worked in store?[/QUOTE]

I plan on visiting TRU today around lunch time. Taking a print out of the coupon just in case they don't have the magazine there. Will post here with my results. :)

Was able to get a copy of Epic Mickey with coupon ($14.99 + tax) for my kids to play... I might give it a try myself. Thanks OP. Was not aware of this deal.

bread's done
Back