Epic Mickey-worth buying the collector's edition?

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!
So I got the regular one from Kmart yesterday, not realizing you got a bigger coupon if you buy the CE.

Is it actually worth getting the CE? I might like the making of DVD, since it's Warren Spector. Wouldn't mind the statue either, though I don't care about the other stuff.

Should I return/rebuy it?

I'm not sure I've even read any reviews for this game :lol: Certainlly pay no attention to previews (of any games). It's Warren Spector-I spent thousands buying a crazy high end PC to play Deus Ex...and felt like it was money well spent! $30 to play his new game? Yeah, I think I'll take the chance :lol:

While a lot of CEs are pretty cool and probably worth the extra money, I am one who says that the coupon at Kmart is the only part of the CE that I'm really interested in.

That said, if I get to Kmart and they only have the CE (apparently, this isn't likely, but still possible), I will buy it. I want the game, and I'd still only pay like $35 for the CE.

I personally wouldn't even pay an extra 5 bucks for the CE because I don't care about the behind the scenes DVD, figurine, or faceplates. If this stuff is worth the 10 or 20 dollar difference then go for it but you are basically paying the full price of a DVD movie for the behind the scenes DVD considering the fact that the faceplates are worthless and the figurine probably clocks in at around a couple bucks at most.

If you really want to see the behind the scenes DVD then get the CE if the price difference is worth it to you.

As someone who bought the overpriced charger and the paintbrush nunchuck, I wouldn't drop a dime on this lame-o "collector's edition."

[quote name='Corvin']It's a Toys R Us exclusive. $50[/QUOTE]

Today and tomorrow you can get the pantbrush nunchuk free with the purchase of the charging station.

I would have loved the collectors edition, but I'm not sure you can even get it in the UK.

Through laziness and a lack of time, I think I may just keep my normal edition. Wish they'd had the CE deal listed as I would have gone for it at the time...but, yeah, the figure's probably not great, so it's just for a making of DVD, which could actually be cool (if it's Warren Spector talking about stuff), or could just be chopped up marketing nonsense (probably more likely).

Worst "collector's edition" ever was for the last Bond game Quantum of Sollace. Good game, but I can't remember if there was anything to the collector's edition at all. Maybe a 5 minute video clip of marketing speak?

And it came in a "special" box that was sticky from the seal (couldn't set it with my other boxes or the garbage rubbed off), and was just all around worse than the normal box.

The collector's edition stuff has just gotten completely out of control. $60 is already insane for a game. $50 is way too much, and it should have stopped there...

[quote name='TheLongshot']Today and tomorrow you can get the pantbrush nunchuk free with the purchase of the charging station.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I wonder if I can just take my receipt in and get one or go through the buy/return different receipt rigmarole.

[quote name='Corvin']Interesting. I wonder if I can just take my receipt in and get one or go through the buy/return different receipt rigmarole.[/QUOTE]

its online only according to toysrus.com and its sold out too...

Offer valid only while supplies last and not applicable to previous purchases or orders canceled due to out-of-stock merchandise.

kinda lame .

Man, after playing the game, I'm glad I didn't go for the collector's edition.

I'm probably towards the end of the game-I'd guess maybe 1/3 left at most, maybe 0-1 more major areas left, and really haven't had any fun with it yet (not really).

I'm at this stupid "spin the gears" puzzle that's of the ilk that's made me quit other games too. If there were FAQs out there I'd probably try to just power though the rest, but I've already spent 10 minutes on it...

So far the whole game has just felt like I'm trying to power through it to move on to something fun. I agree with (I think it was Ryan Davis' ) 2/5 star review. It's not terrible, but I don't like it.

I woudln't be surprised by it, other than that it's from Warren Spector. Then again, how many people would be paying attention to it at all save for that?

The Capcom Mickey Mouse games, Sega's, and Kingdom Hearts 2 are all much, much better IMO.

Man, after playing the game, I'm glad I didn't go for the collector's edition.

I'm probably towards the end of the game-I'd guess maybe 1/3 left at most, maybe 0-1 more major areas left, and really haven't had any fun with it yet (not really).

I'm at this stupid "spin the gears" puzzle that's of the ilk that's made me quit other games too. If there were FAQs out there I'd probably try to just power though the rest, but I've already spent 10 minutes on it...

So far the whole game has just felt like I'm trying to power through it to move on to something fun. I agree with (I think it was Ryan Davis' ) 2/5 star review. It's not terrible, but I don't like it.

I woudln't be surprised by it, other than that it's from Warren Spector. Then again, how many people would be paying attention to it at all save for that?

The Capcom Mickey Mouse games, Sega's, and Kingdom Hearts 2 are all much, much better IMO.

You know, my favorite part of the game is seeing those two cartoons you can unlock-one from 1933 with Mickey, the other from 28 with Oswald. 82 years old! The latter doesn't have voiceovers...I don't know if it was silent originally or what.

Cool to finally see though...I'm sure I've never seen the latter. It's aged fine really. The former actually has better animation than I'm used to seeing NOW. Lots going on in every frame.

I wonder if Disney is going to incorporate Oswald into stuff now? I hope they do! Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep couldn't have had him, but maybe if they ever do a fourth one Square will use him too...

I rented this for my kids. What a disappointment this was. The camera and controls were absolutely horrid in my opinion. Absolutely ruined the game. I wish they had expanded upon the 2d parts of it. I would much rather see a game like that.

It all depends on your income. If you have trouble paying for food and rent, no don't get it.

That's a really weird comment, made stranger by coming two months late.

Plus the whole "it's a terrible game" issue...

That's a really weird comment, made stranger by coming two months late.

Plus the whole "it's a terrible game" issue...

bread's done
Back