EU/UK CE&Exclusives Thread - DI:Riptide Zombie Bait, DW7:Empires, MGS Rising CE Added

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
*This thread was originally for the S/E PSP LE's but due to a good amount of CAGs asking this to be an EU/UK LE thread I have decided to change it to that. We will try and post the cheapest price for these among all the UK sites that ship to the US. :D

*This thread has been transformed now to a thread for both CE's as well as games that are exclusive over in the UK/EU. :)

FAQ
[customspoiler=FAQs]

PS3 games are region free. Sometimes Xbox 360 games are but that varies from case to case. Regardless I will list the 360 version as well in case people would rather have a 360 copy to display. PSP games are region free as well.

Some Info:
  • All the retailers listed ship to the US. GAME & Gamestation must have changed policy because they used to not ship overseas.
  • Zavvi & thehut both have paypal as an option to pay but a few CAGs are reporting some difficutly. For the time being might be best to order with a Credit Card or Debit Card.
  • I have personally ordered from Zavvi and they were prompt in shipping and I had minimal to no damage on my items.
  • Keep in mind the exchange rate fluctuates so prices will skew up and down.
  • If I miss anything feel free to post in the thread and I will add it to the OP.
  • Zavvi now offers free shipping on items to the US.
[/customspoiler]

UK Retailers (That ship overseas):
*Beware the dreaded Mailer! ;)
[customspoiler=Devil Mailer]
2v35839.png
[/customspoiler]

The Hut - Zavvi's Sister Site
Zavvi - Free Shipping!
game.co.uk/gamestation.co.uk - These are the same now
hmv.com - Currently down due to administrative issues. Cannot order.
shopto.net - A lot of my friends order from here in the UK. Apparently they ship really quickly too.
amazon.co.uk - At least last I read, they seem to ship PS3 games but not 360. Unless they changed that. I can't seem to find anything regarding it by clicking their help.
play.com - They ship internationally and seem to get a good share of exclusives

EU Places That Ship Overseas:
amazon.fr
amazon.de

Current Promo Codes (mostly Zavvi & The Hut):

None

Updates

Older Items here(I am going to edit this depending on availability):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8109644&postcount=5

Fist of The North Star Ken's Rage 2 CE (Exclusive To France & Italy)

Release Date: 2/8/13
Contents

• Visual Storybook
  • Game Soundtrack
  • Character Stickers
  • USB of Kenshiro (4GB)
  • Postcard Calendar
[customspoiler=Contents]
north_star_ce_thumb.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:/:360:
amazon.fr - €99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengeance CE (Zavvi Exclusive)
Release Date: 2/22/13
Contents:

• Only 25,000 Made
  • Raiden Play-Arts Kai Figure
  • Steelbook
  • DLC Code for White Armor Skin, Cyborg Skin
[customspoiler=Contents]
MGR_Limited_UK_Cover_02.jpg
MGR_Limited_UK_WhiteRaiden_05.jpg

[/customspoiler]
zavvi - £99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising Revengeance Steelbook (GAME Exclusive)
Contents

• Exclusive Steelbook by Yoji Shinkawa
[customspoiler=Steelbook]
MGR-PS3-Steelbook-SHINKAWA-01-556x431.jpg
[/customspoiler]
amazon.de - €14.99

Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires

*Going to be digital release in the US. This is for those that want a physical copy. No disc in US is likely due to no English voice.
[customspoiler=Box Art]
DW7E_EU_Cover.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:
play.com - £39.99
shoto.net - £29.86
thehut - £34.95
zavvi - £34.95
game.co.uk - £39.99
amazon.uk - £39.99

Injustice: Gods Among Us CE

Release Date: 4/5/13
Contents:

• Exclusive Steelbook
  • Wonder Woman/Batman Figure (Way better than the US Version)
  • 2 Brand New Issues of DC Comics
  • DLC (Three exclusive skins based on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman from DC COMICS – THE NEW 52)
[customspoiler=Contents]
collectors_edition.jpg

[/customspoiler]
Nowhere to be found in the UK. Found it on amazon.fr and amazon.de
amazon.fr 360 PS3- €99.90
amazon.de - €94.99

Dead Island Riptide Zombie Bait Edition

Release Date: TBD
Contents:

• Steelbook
  • Collector's Artwork
  • 12 inch Bikini Clad Torso Figure
  • Weapon DLC
[customspoiler=Contents]
dead-island-riptide-zombie-bait-edition-is-gross-and-alarming.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:360: This appears to be 360 only ATM
game.co.uk - £89.99
zavvi - £84.95
thehut - £84.95

Dead Island: Riptide (GAME Exclusive Edition)
*Only listing this because so far there is no mention of one in the US, if there is I will remove this.
Release Date: TBD

Contents:

• Exclusive Cover :roll:
  • DLC I am guessing like the SE for the 1st?
[customspoiler=Cover Art]
253532_xbx_b.png

[/customspoiler]
:360:/:ps3:/:pc:
game.com - £39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we can all say the UK and lately Futureshop in Canada have been getting some awesome steelbooks while we int he states get the shaftbook.

Heres a beauty up for sale on futureshop with the pre order of Zelda Skyward Sword:
original

original

Its so pretty:

LINK

Email your Canadian friends now

Thanks Salty, I think I'll pass the Dark Soul CE for now, it's lame for that price. Adriley, the Zelda steelbook is very cool, we get the shaftbook :lol:

[quote name='adriley313']I think we can all say the UK and lately Futureshop in Canada have been getting some awesome steelbooks while we int he states get the shaftbook.

Heres a beauty up for sale on futureshop with the pre order of Zelda Skyward Sword:

Its so pretty:

LINK

Email your Canadian friends now[/QUOTE]

I'm glad they only ship within Canada, November is already painful.

Yes it is, but im getting 2 copies one for trade and one for me.
Nov is gonna be hell for us gamers.
Also wanted the BlazBlue 2 Magna edition but stopped myself.

[quote name='adriley313']I think we can all say the UK and lately Futureshop in Canada have been getting some awesome steelbooks while we int he states get the shaftbook.

original

original

Its so pretty:

LINK

Email your Canadian friends now[/QUOTE]

Looks like it'll be widely distributed so there's a good chance that one will show up on eBay with an astronomical mark-up.

[quote name='adriley313']ya im glad i have a source to get them for cheap without a crazy mark up as they come free with pre order of the game

but ya how fast until they are $100 on eBay
its already up on there

Zelda Steelbook[/QUOTE]

That's how sellers make the money... sell it early to idiots who think it'll be rare and are willing to pay some asinine price for it. Just wait a while you'll be able to snag it for much less though it'll be far from free.

The same thing happened with the 3DS gold pre-order case release in the UK. A seller listed a bunch of them on eBay (US). The first few sold for $50 each, then a few sold around the $30-ish and the final few only sold for under $15 each. Of course, shipping was another $12 so...

Just wait and I'd be willing to bet this'll be easier to find. The Batman one is gonna be tough because it's only limited to 6000 (not sure if it's per system or total).

The Zelda steelbook i believe is only in Futureshop in Canada.
We shall see. The batman had 3 different steelbooks in 3 different places. I just picked up the Batman City with the Joker steelbook for $70 plus shipping from someone on another site and not overprice it like on eBay where the steelbook alone is like $80.

Ive started getting into buying steelbooks and if you have a cool friend in canada or UK then you can get them for pretty cheap price without a crazy mark ups.

But we shall see Vinny, we shall see.

[quote name='adriley313']The Zelda steelbook i believe is only in Futureshop in Canada.
We shall see. The batman had 3 different steelbooks in 3 different places. I just picked up the Batman City with the Joker steelbook for $70 plus shipping from someone on another site and not overprice it like on eBay where the steelbook alone is like $80.

Ive started getting into buying steelbooks and if you have a cool friend in canada or UK then you can get them for pretty cheap price without a crazy mark ups.

But we shall see Vinny, we shall see.[/QUOTE]

Good point, I forgot that there are like 4 different versions (Batman with Catwoman, with Joker, with Twoface and with Penguin). Each one is of varying rarity... I think the one with Penguin is the rarest for us. I just want the one with Catwoman though since it's the one with the least amount of color (love the black and white look).

[quote name='Vinny']Good point, I forgot that there are like 4 different versions (Batman with Catwoman, with Joker, with Twoface and with Penguin). Each one is of varying rarity... I think the one with Penguin is the rarest for us. I just want the one with Catwoman though since it's the one with the least amount of color (love the black and white look).[/QUOTE]

Do u want a Catwoman steelbook?
I may be able to get you one from the UK for $40 or so shipped steelbook only from a friend.

I like all four but its the Joker that really called to me, maybe later on Ill look for the catwoman one if I can find it cheap with no mark up

I got mine from a guy that was gonna return 3 Jokers with game today.
Like $82 shipped from the UK in a box. I could ask around if your looking for one. I think for just the steelbook maybe around $40 shipped.

I didnt have the game so getting both seemed like a better deal.
My first steelbook. Next on pre order is Assassin's Creed Revaltions and Zelda Skyward Sword.

[quote name='adriley313']Do u want a Catwoman steelbook?
I may be able to get you one from the UK for $40 or so shipped steelbook only from a friend.[/QUOTE]

I've already got one on the way from Canada... didn't know the UK got a Catwoman one though.

The Legend Of Zelda 25th Anniversary Limited Edition Nintendo 3DS Console (Includes Ocarina Of Time 3D)

10573280-1320754399-408453.jpg

10573280-1320759035-424128.jpg

10573280-1320759043-193020.jpg

Price: £164.95
Release Date: November 18, 2011

The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D takes the Nintendo 64™ classic – one of the most critically acclaimed games ever made – and returns it to the Nintendo 3DS system with the added depth and realism of stunning, glasses free 3D visuals. In this game, Link™ sets off on a legendary journey through time to stop Ganondorf, the Gerudo King of Thieves who is seeking the Triforce, a holy relic that gives its holder ultimate power. The graphical upgrades and three-dimensional depth breathe new life into the expansive world of Hyrule. An improved and intuitive interface, coupled with the easier navigation offered by playing in a world with 3D visuals, give players better control as they solve puzzles, travel through time and explore this immersive world. Whether you're a first-time player or a regular visitor to Hyrule, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D is a new adventure for everyone.
Features:

• A Zelda classic now in glasses-free 3D
  • Amazing 3D visuals and a complete graphical overhaul bring one of gaming's most beloved and celebrated franchises to life, putting the awe-inspiring world in the palm of your hand for you to explore whenever you like.
  • New controls using the Nintendo 3DS system's technologies
  • The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time™ 3D retains the analog control of the original with the Circle Pad on Nintendo 3DS, but greatly improves ease of use with a touch-based inventory system. Switching items has never been simpler or quicker.
  • Players can also use the first-person shooting (camera-controlled) feature utilizing the gyro sensor.
Zavvi.com

3DS are indeed region locked. Steelbooks are shipping to UK only, you'll have to pay out the butt for one on ebay UK after it launches.

[quote name='adriley313']too all the steelbooks fans like me, get ready to drool:

now pick up your jaw now[/QUOTE]
unfortantely, game.fr won't ship to US. :(

[quote name='panzerfaust']Is there any practical way at this point to get a XIII-2 steelbook from europe? Is everything sold out or is it simply impossible to import?[/QUOTE]

From the responses I've received, Zavvi is the only one who might ship it to the US but only with the Limited and Crystal (which is sold out) Editions. I only say might be I still haven't gotten a solid confirmation from them. I got a friend in the UK to call GAME (since GAME doesn't seem to respond to email inquiries) to see if they'd ship the steelbook outside of the US and they told him that no, it would not. Nobody else seems to know...

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']JBHiFi.com.au (Australia) have Steelbook included as a pre-order and ship to worldwide.

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/ps3/final-fantasy-xiii-2-limited-edition/657722

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/xbox-360/final-fantasy-xiii-2-limited-edition/657716[/QUOTE]

I thought there were two choices, being the Limited, or the Crystal (which comes with a steelbook). They have descriptions for both but I can only choose the one shown. Shady site is shady.

[quote name='Vinny']From the responses I've received, Zavvi is the only one who might ship it to the US but only with the Limited and Crystal (which is sold out) Editions. I only say might be I still haven't gotten a solid confirmation from them. I got a friend in the UK to call GAME (since GAME doesn't seem to respond to email inquiries) to see if they'd ship the steelbook outside of the US and they told him that no, it would not. Nobody else seems to know...[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it seems this is a frustrating issue for others as well. Ah well, I can settle for getting the regular version, or perhaps the Chinese version if that's ever announced.

[quote name='panzerfaust']It's basically the regular version of game that comes with both English and Japanese audio, along with English subtitles.[/QUOTE]

It does not have English audio, only Japanese audio with English and Chinese sub.

[quote name='Zaku77']3DS are indeed region locked. Steelbooks are shipping to UK only, you'll have to pay out the butt for one on ebay UK after it launches.[/QUOTE]

See this is what I don't get. Why are 3rd party people that have nothing to do with the games making all the money, why not sell to us directly. I'm so sick of us not getting Steelbooks/Limited Editions, and the ones we do get are over-hyped games that come with a 2 dollar statue that ups the price to $150, or lame DLC extras.

Steelbook, Artbook, and a Soundtrack and they have my extra $20-$40 on release. Instead I just wait until the game hits $15-30 for the normal version.

I know, we are consistently screwed over on CEs and lack of steelbooks in the US. I don't get it. People would clearly go for it. Why do so many companies insist on leaving money on the table? If they made smarter business decisions then we could get what we want, they could get more money, and the industry as a whole would be better off. It just makes more sense.

[quote name='adriley313']too all the steelbooks fans like me, get ready to drool:
119mg7d.jpg

i1xitl.jpg

now pick up your jaw now[/quote]
...what the hell! We get toonki keychain and they get a freaking mug plus steel case? That's it, any uk people wants to trade lives?

[quote name='Zaku77']Not to be that guy, but France is definitely not part of the UK.[/QUOTE]

Easily changeable by one English soldier invading France.

But i think this thread has become more of an import thread as of late, not just UK.
And i dont think any other thread would appericate that post.

[quote name='adriley313']But i think this thread has become more of an import thread as of late, not just UK.
And i dont think any other thread would appericate that post.[/QUOTE]

I agree, we might as well turn this into a European CE thread.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']How about ASIA/EURO/USA CE/EXCLUSIVES THREAD, please.[/QUOTE]

We already have a topic for US CE. If we add in Japanese CE it will kill our wallet because they get some many CE that cost a lot more.

bread's done
Back