EU/UK CE&Exclusives Thread - DI:Riptide Zombie Bait, DW7:Empires, MGS Rising CE Added

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
*This thread was originally for the S/E PSP LE's but due to a good amount of CAGs asking this to be an EU/UK LE thread I have decided to change it to that. We will try and post the cheapest price for these among all the UK sites that ship to the US. :D

*This thread has been transformed now to a thread for both CE's as well as games that are exclusive over in the UK/EU. :)

FAQ
[customspoiler=FAQs]

PS3 games are region free. Sometimes Xbox 360 games are but that varies from case to case. Regardless I will list the 360 version as well in case people would rather have a 360 copy to display. PSP games are region free as well.

Some Info:
  • All the retailers listed ship to the US. GAME & Gamestation must have changed policy because they used to not ship overseas.
  • Zavvi & thehut both have paypal as an option to pay but a few CAGs are reporting some difficutly. For the time being might be best to order with a Credit Card or Debit Card.
  • I have personally ordered from Zavvi and they were prompt in shipping and I had minimal to no damage on my items.
  • Keep in mind the exchange rate fluctuates so prices will skew up and down.
  • If I miss anything feel free to post in the thread and I will add it to the OP.
  • Zavvi now offers free shipping on items to the US.
[/customspoiler]

UK Retailers (That ship overseas):
*Beware the dreaded Mailer! ;)
[customspoiler=Devil Mailer]
2v35839.png
[/customspoiler]

The Hut - Zavvi's Sister Site
Zavvi - Free Shipping!
game.co.uk/gamestation.co.uk - These are the same now
hmv.com - Currently down due to administrative issues. Cannot order.
shopto.net - A lot of my friends order from here in the UK. Apparently they ship really quickly too.
amazon.co.uk - At least last I read, they seem to ship PS3 games but not 360. Unless they changed that. I can't seem to find anything regarding it by clicking their help.
play.com - They ship internationally and seem to get a good share of exclusives

EU Places That Ship Overseas:
amazon.fr
amazon.de

Current Promo Codes (mostly Zavvi & The Hut):

None

Updates

Older Items here(I am going to edit this depending on availability):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8109644&postcount=5

Fist of The North Star Ken's Rage 2 CE (Exclusive To France & Italy)

Release Date: 2/8/13
Contents

• Visual Storybook
  • Game Soundtrack
  • Character Stickers
  • USB of Kenshiro (4GB)
  • Postcard Calendar
[customspoiler=Contents]
north_star_ce_thumb.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:/:360:
amazon.fr - €99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengeance CE (Zavvi Exclusive)
Release Date: 2/22/13
Contents:

• Only 25,000 Made
  • Raiden Play-Arts Kai Figure
  • Steelbook
  • DLC Code for White Armor Skin, Cyborg Skin
[customspoiler=Contents]
MGR_Limited_UK_Cover_02.jpg
MGR_Limited_UK_WhiteRaiden_05.jpg

[/customspoiler]
zavvi - £99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising Revengeance Steelbook (GAME Exclusive)
Contents

• Exclusive Steelbook by Yoji Shinkawa
[customspoiler=Steelbook]
MGR-PS3-Steelbook-SHINKAWA-01-556x431.jpg
[/customspoiler]
amazon.de - €14.99

Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires

*Going to be digital release in the US. This is for those that want a physical copy. No disc in US is likely due to no English voice.
[customspoiler=Box Art]
DW7E_EU_Cover.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:
play.com - £39.99
shoto.net - £29.86
thehut - £34.95
zavvi - £34.95
game.co.uk - £39.99
amazon.uk - £39.99

Injustice: Gods Among Us CE

Release Date: 4/5/13
Contents:

• Exclusive Steelbook
  • Wonder Woman/Batman Figure (Way better than the US Version)
  • 2 Brand New Issues of DC Comics
  • DLC (Three exclusive skins based on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman from DC COMICS – THE NEW 52)
[customspoiler=Contents]
collectors_edition.jpg

[/customspoiler]
Nowhere to be found in the UK. Found it on amazon.fr and amazon.de
amazon.fr 360 PS3- €99.90
amazon.de - €94.99

Dead Island Riptide Zombie Bait Edition

Release Date: TBD
Contents:

• Steelbook
  • Collector's Artwork
  • 12 inch Bikini Clad Torso Figure
  • Weapon DLC
[customspoiler=Contents]
dead-island-riptide-zombie-bait-edition-is-gross-and-alarming.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:360: This appears to be 360 only ATM
game.co.uk - £89.99
zavvi - £84.95
thehut - £84.95

Dead Island: Riptide (GAME Exclusive Edition)
*Only listing this because so far there is no mention of one in the US, if there is I will remove this.
Release Date: TBD

Contents:

• Exclusive Cover :roll:
  • DLC I am guessing like the SE for the 1st?
[customspoiler=Cover Art]
253532_xbx_b.png

[/customspoiler]
:360:/:ps3:/:pc:
game.com - £39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
maaaan I've been waiting for a sake or price drop on Tactics Ogre for at least 7 days...

it aint happening any time soon... may jus jump on that UK edition

[quote name='JEKKI']maaaan I've been waiting for a sake or price drop on Tactics Ogre for at least 7 days...

it aint happening any time soon... may jus jump on that UK edition[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. Waiting on $30 but that black case is making me want to just spend the full price for the Premium Edition

In accordance with our security procedure and to enable us to proceed with your order we require proof of your billing address in the form of a copy credit card or bank statement which can be either faxed to us on +44 845 862 1118 or emailed to [email protected], or even post, to us at the address below.

Please ensure the name and address is clearly legible and any other sensitive data is hidden.

Please include your order number, we will be able to resolve this quicker for you.

Seriously, ordering from Zavvi has been nothing but a hassle. It's taken 2 weeks to get this reply. Has everyone had to do this and jump through hopes to place an order?

Thank you for contacting Zavvi.com

As stated in our first message, we need you to send us proof of your billing address as a security procedure before we release your order.

Please follow details from last e-mail to get this sorted.

Regards

I just ordered something in the middle of the day yesterday, and it was sent out this morning. Same thing when I ordered Demon's Souls Black Phantom Edition, so its not typical. Maybe the had the wrong billing address on file? What kind of card did you use?

Also, I had changed my billing details after placing the order and still had no delays so something is definitely weird in your case.

Ordered P3P CE and had my debit card frozen. It was a nice surprise today when I went to Target to check out the clearance drops. All is well now.

Man, I wish now that I had jumped on that Demon's Souls Black Phantom Edition. I've already got a copy of the US Deluxe Edition, but the completionist in me is itching for it.

[quote name='cag1000']In accordance with our security procedure and to enable us to proceed with your order we require proof of your billing address in the form of a copy credit card or bank statement which can be either faxed to us on +44 845 862 1118 or emailed to [email protected], or even post, to us at the address below.

Please ensure the name and address is clearly legible and any other sensitive data is hidden.

Please include your order number, we will be able to resolve this quicker for you.

Seriously, ordering from Zavvi has been nothing but a hassle. It's taken 2 weeks to get this reply. Has everyone had to do this and jump through hopes to place an order?

Thank you for contacting Zavvi.com

As stated in our first message, we need you to send us proof of your billing address as a security procedure before we release your order.

Please follow details from last e-mail to get this sorted.

Regards[/QUOTE]

HAH. At least you got a reply with different wording. Look at my response.

zavvi.png

fuck this PoS site.

For those having issues with credit cards, or un-happy with padded envelopes: ebay.co.uk I've always done all importing strictly through ebay UK. I wait until I see a good price, and make sure it comes in a box. Not as easy as just pre-ordering on zavvi, but it eliminates the chances of nonsense.

Gotdamn that Kuro edition steelbook is looking pretty hot right now!

Why is this place denying my paypal without even letting me put it in? Anyone else having this problem?

[quote name='handsome_rakshas']Gotdamn that Kuro edition steelbook is looking pretty hot right now!

Why is this place denying my paypal without even letting me put it in? Anyone else having this problem?[/QUOTE]

From the OP: "Zavvi & thehut both have paypal as an option to pay but a few CAGs are reporting some difficutly. For the time being might be best to order with a Credit Card or Debit Card."

[quote name='handsome_rakshas']Gotdamn that Kuro edition steelbook is looking pretty hot right now!

Why is this place denying my paypal without even letting me put it in? Anyone else having this problem?[/QUOTE]
sounds like a date i had once.....

I know this thread is for the UK but does anyone have a good place to get Japan games? I'm mainly looking for the Ikkitousen games for PSP at a good price.

[quote name='wolverine81']Finally got my Tactic's Ogre today! :cool:[/QUOTE]

Where are you at?
I'm in CA and still waiting indetinitely for my Tactics Ogre.

[quote name='Kaiser499']I know this thread is for the UK but does anyone have a good place to get Japan games? I'm mainly looking for the Ikkitousen games for PSP at a good price.[/QUOTE]

http://dv8cag.com/

PM dv8mad if you have any further questions. :)

[quote name='testaroo']Where are you at?
I'm in CA and still waiting indetinitely for my Tactics Ogre.[/QUOTE]

Texas. Hopefully you'll get it. It hasn't been 20 days, just yet. If you don't get it, then contact zavvi.

hey guys. I registered just to ask this.

I reallly wanted the FFIV complete collection special edition. Looks like the US wont be getting it. When i looked into it i found out there were tons of special editions the Uk had been getting lately that we havent, including a sweet tactics ogre that i wanted. So heres the list of what im looking for now

3rd birthday twisted edition
Tactics ogre special edition (cant find special edition tag)
Final fantasy IV complete collection limited edition (cant find limited edition tag)
Dissidia 12 legacy edition
lord of arcania slayer edition

I also now see preorderes for Persona 3 portable special edition! i want that bad too

couple questions.. for Tactics ogre and FFIV i see no 'special edition' Is the regular release the special edition version? I want to make sure i get the right one

2nd question.. what site is the best bet to order from? I really dont know who to try out. Which is pretty reliable? I see Zavvi mentioned several times, but i also see some complaints and they have 1 star on resellerratings. Thehut is supposedly the same company? what the heck is the difference then?

i think it may be between
Game co uk
thehut com

or possibly hmv com

Any testimonials or anything? I really want to get something ordered this weekend, but dont know which to go for. Someone else suggested

shopto.net
which seems cool, but is missing the 3rd birthday

hopefully i can get some suggestions asap because i want to get rolling on this. I notice game.co.uk has a cool 3ds sale rolling this weekend. UK ds's play us stuff fine right?

*edit dammit not being allowed to post links is making this post a bitch to do =P all the sites have the . from the com removed*

*edit 2*
Does anyone know if blazblue continuum shift will play on a US ps3? I know some stuff is region locked and others aren't If so i'll buy 2 they have them on clearance. If not i'll buy 1 just for the sweet artbook and junk. A quick google search indicates it probably is but was wondering if anyone happened to know for sure. Same question for Yakuza 4.. though i guess no one can really know that one since its not out yet

I ordered all my stuff from zavvi. The free shipping really helps - although they do use a padded envelope (which doesn't protect nearly as good as a cardboard box). And the prices definitely beat a second-hand dealer on ebay. Just make sure you use a credit card as people have been having problems with paypal.

[quote name='thelonepig']Dagnammit. Ghostlight doesn't ship outside PAL territories. I want that shirt! :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Really? I was able to place an order without any trouble.

[quote name='Animekatt']I wonder if the US version will have an outer sleeve like the EU one to hold the cards in.[/QUOTE]

If it did, I'd cancel my order for the EU one right now...as it is, I might still buy the EU edition and then see if anybody wants to sell the code from the US edition (that's the one thing that I really want out of the US edition).

[quote name='Ionotropic']Really? I was able to place an order without any trouble.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Their FAQ states that they only ship to PAL/EU territories. I guess I may have to give it a try.

[quote name='Kenshindono']hey guys. I registered just to ask this.

I reallly wanted the FFIV complete collection special edition. Looks like the US wont be getting it. When i looked into it i found out there were tons of special editions the Uk had been getting lately that we havent, including a sweet tactics ogre that i wanted. So heres the list of what im looking for now

3rd birthday twisted edition
Tactics ogre special edition (cant find special edition tag)
Final fantasy IV complete collection limited edition (cant find limited edition tag)
Dissidia 12 legacy edition
lord of arcania slayer edition

I also now see preorderes for Persona 3 portable special edition! i want that bad too

couple questions.. for Tactics ogre and FFIV i see no 'special edition' Is the regular release the special edition version? I want to make sure i get the right one[/QUOTE]

For those I'm pretty sure that there is no standard version, only the LE. The PSP has such a small userbase that the few developers/publishers still supporting it wised up and realized that they only way to make games sell is to cater toward the hardcore collector niche that's into LEs and such. (also, Square-Enix apparently hates America, hence the whole import thing in the first place.)

So it's become a common trend to make every copy of a particular game come with bonuses in Europe, then slap on some subtitle like "Slayer Edition" or "Twisted Edition" to make it sound like a collector's item.

2nd question.. what site is the best bet to order from? I really dont know who to try out. Which is pretty reliable? I see Zavvi mentioned several times, but i also see some complaints and they have 1 star on resellerratings. Thehut is supposedly the same company? what the heck is the difference then?

i think it may be between
Game co uk
thehut com

or possibly hmv com

Any testimonials or anything? I really want to get something ordered this weekend, but dont know which to go for. Someone else suggested

shopto.net
which seems cool, but is missing the 3rd birthday

hopefully i can get some suggestions asap because i want to get rolling on this. I notice game.co.uk has a cool 3ds sale rolling this weekend. UK ds's play us stuff fine right?

Zavvi and TheHut are the same company, and whatever Zavvi used to be, it was bought out by TheHut and was renamed and re-skinned to be a TheHut clone. There's no difference and there are some problems with them (bad customer service, Paypal issues, random credit card flagging, need to cancel/reorder whenever there's a price drop) but on the whole they're the best of the scant few import options between their prices and free shipping.

The DS/DS Lite is region-free, however the DSi, DSi XL, and 3DS are not. So do not buy any kind of DS/3DS game from the UK whatsoever if you have one of the three region-locked consoles I've mentioned.

*edit 2*
Does anyone know if blazblue continuum shift will play on a US ps3? I know some stuff is region locked and others aren't If so i'll buy 2 they have them on clearance. If not i'll buy 1 just for the sweet artbook and junk. A quick google search indicates it probably is but was wondering if anyone happened to know for sure. Same question for Yakuza 4.. though i guess no one can really know that one since its not out yet
You can play Blazblue CS as PS3 games are region-free, however I am unsure about how online would work and you would have extreme difficulty attaining any DLC as it is region-locked and is an expensive and convoluted process to acquire PAL DLC on an NTSC console. All of this would also apply to Yakuza 4.

Apparently the U.S. version also gets some extras, albeit a little gimped (but free!)
Just why are they cheaping out on the artbooks now when we got awesome ones with Tactics Ogre and 3rd Birthday? Cards don't just cut it with me :bomb:

Interesting. Their FAQ states that they only ship to PAL/EU territories. I guess I may have to give it a try.
They must use Dan Quayle geography and believe that America is a part of Europe.

[quote name='fwbweux']They must use Dan Quayle geography and believe that America is a part of Europe.[/QUOTE]

That would also explain why everything is spelled funny. There's a 'z' in the alphabet for a reason!

[quote name='thelonepig']That would also explain why everything is spelled funny. There's a 'z' in the alphabet for a reason![/QUOTE]

Can't wait to have my copies of Lourde offe Arcaena, Tactics Ougre: Lette Us Clinge Tougethre, The Thyrdde Byrthday, Dissidia 0u12 [duodesim], Fynale Fantasy IV Comploete Collection, and Persona 3 Pourtable.

[quote name='punkmaggit']I ordered all my stuff from zavvi. The free shipping really helps - although they do use a padded envelope (which doesn't protect nearly as good as a cardboard box). And the prices definitely beat a second-hand dealer on ebay. Just make sure you use a credit card as people have been having problems with paypal.[/QUOTE]

If i order several things at once im assuming they would ship in a cardboard box right? I.E. if i get 2x of each i listed that would have to come in a box id assume =P Has anyone done larger orders through them? Did they come in proper boxes?

Also, would ordering from thehut be the same thing? its mentioned that theyre kinda the same thing. I like the layout on thehut better. Does anyone use them or just Zavvi? Not really sure why everyone uses Zavvi over the hut

[quote name='fwbweux']For those I'm pretty sure that there is no standard version, only the LE. The PSP has such a small userbase that the few developers/publishers still supporting it wised up and realized that they only way to make games sell is to cater toward the hardcore collector niche that's into LEs and such. (also, Square-Enix apparently hates America, hence the whole import thing in the first place.)

So it's become a common trend to make every copy of a particular game come with bonuses in Europe, then slap on some subtitle like "Slayer Edition" or "Twisted Edition" to make it sound like a collector's item.
[/QUOTE]

ah, alrighty then. SO just snagging the regular tactics ogre set and FF IV complete collection as listed will indeed net me what appears to be the limited edition packaging? I just found it strange that those two had no tag at the end indicating they were the special editions. Its also listed on the index page as tactics ogre premium edition and FF IV limited edition. So i was a bit confused. Can anyone verify that the regular versions over on Thehut and game.co.uk are indeed the special editions? Maybe the OP should edit the index listing to reflect that

Zavvi and TheHut are the same company, and whatever Zavvi used to be, it was bought out by TheHut and was renamed and re-skinned to be a TheHut clone. There's no difference and there are some problems with them (bad customer service, Paypal issues, random credit card flagging, need to cancel/reorder whenever there's a price drop) but on the whole they're the best of the scant few import options between their prices and free shipping.
SO it really doesn't matter if i use Zavvi or TheHut then? Good to know. Im just curious why so many people seem to use Zavvi over TheHut if they're the same thing. Are they better in some way? Their site layout is definintely clunkier IMO. Anyone have any experience with games.co.uk? Their site seems a lot more professional in the layout and their prices are nice.. though they have no free shipping.

You mention having to cancel an order and reorder if theres a price drop.. wtf? Thats crazy. Do they send you an email or do you have to do that yourself? That seems really cruddy and convoluded

The DS/DS Lite is region-free, however the DSi, DSi XL, and 3DS are not. So do not buy any kind of DS/3DS game from the UK whatsoever if you have one of the three region-locked consoles I've mentioned.
WHOA.. really? SO if i get the 99.00 pokemon black dsi they got running that will NOT play US games? Seriously? They locked the DSI? I did some google digging after reading this and it seems a bit confusing. If i understand it right a UK DSI will indeed play US based DS games, it just will NOT play DSi/XL specific games.. stuff like fotoshow. Is that how it works?

Game.co.uk's 100 dollar pokemon black bundles hard to pass up.. Damn id provide a link to it but i cant since im a new user. just go over to game.co.uk and look at their special for this weekend

though it is a bit strange. That is a regular LE DSI black right? the packaging looks slightly different than pictures ive seen for other stuff. This leads me to another question. WIll my US DSI XL charger work with the UK DSI? Or will the UK charger work in a US outlet with a prong adapter?

You can play Blazblue CS as PS3 games are region-free, however I am unsure about how online would work and you would have extreme difficulty attaining any DLC as it is region-locked and is an expensive and convoluted process to acquire PAL DLC on an NTSC console. All of this would also apply to Yakuza 4.
i didn't think about the DLC, that kinda sucks. Especially since i think one of the characters is DLC only =( hmm i'll have to think about that then. What a pain in the arse. I hate region junk

*sigh* in the end im not sure who to order from. Since im planning on getting 2 sets of each game maybe i'll order one set from game.co.uk and one from either thehut or zavvi.. not sure which. Im still not sure about the pokemon DSI though

[quote name='Kenshindono']Also, would ordering from thehut be the same thing? its mentioned that theyre kinda the same thing. I like the layout on thehut better. Does anyone use them or just Zavvi? Not really sure why everyone uses Zavvi over the hut[/quote]

There's no real reason to use one over the other, we all just ended up choosing Zavvi and sticking with it for some reason. Sometimes there are site-specific discount codes that apply to one and not the other, and we've generally gotten more codes for Zavvi than TheHut so far.

ah, alrighty then. SO just snagging the regular tactics ogre set and FF IV complete collection as listed will indeed net me what appears to be the limited edition packaging? I just found it strange that those two had no tag at the end indicating they were the special editions. Its also listed on the index page as tactics ogre premium edition and FF IV limited edition. So i was a bit confused. Can anyone verify that the regular versions over on Thehut and game.co.uk are indeed the special editions? Maybe the OP should edit the index listing to reflect that

For some reason Tactics Ogre and FFIV Complete don't have special subtitles to indicate that they are indeed deluxe editions even though they are. The only game that ever had a separate SKU for a standard edition was Dissidia 012, but that was done away with afaik. Zavvi offers pretty much every game that comes out in the UK so if there's no second SKU for a standard edition of a game on that site, it will likely be the same for any other UK site regardless of how these other sites refer to the games.

SO it really doesn't matter if i use Zavvi or TheHut then? Good to know. Im just curious why so many people seem to use Zavvi over TheHut if they're the same thing. Are they better in some way? Their site layout is definintely clunkier IMO. Anyone have any experience with games.co.uk? Their site seems a lot more professional in the layout and their prices are nice.. though they have no free shipping.

Answered in the first part of my response to you in this post.

You mention having to cancel an order and reorder if theres a price drop.. wtf? Thats crazy. Do they send you an email or do you have to do that yourself? That seems really cruddy and convoluded

You really just have to visit the site periodically and check for price drops. Their site design is incredibly outdated.

WHOA.. really? SO if i get the 99.00 pokemon black dsi they got running that will NOT play US games? Seriously? They locked the DSI? I did some google digging after reading this and it seems a bit confusing. If i understand it right a UK DSI will indeed play US based DS games, it just will NOT play DSi/XL specific games.. stuff like fotoshow. Is that how it works?

Game.co.uk's 100 dollar pokemon black bundles hard to pass up.. Damn id provide a link to it but i cant since im a new user. just go over to game.co.uk and look at their special for this weekend

though it is a bit strange. That is a regular LE DSI black right? the packaging looks slightly different than pictures ive seen for other stuff. This leads me to another question. WIll my US DSI XL charger work with the UK DSI? Or will the UK charger work in a US outlet with a prong adapter?

I might have not been clear enough, as what I meant is that DSi-enabled games (like Foto Showdown and System Flaw) are region-locked, but for the most part you should be able to play US DS games on a UK DSi. Just keep in mind that Pokemon B/W is DSi-enabled and therefore might be region-locked, so if you don't already have the game and it comes in the bundle you mentioned, you'd only be able to play it on the DSi you import from the UK.

Couldn't say about the AC adapters, but for one thing be sure that the DSi and XL don't have differently-shaped adapter inputs as it is for the Phat and Lite.

i didn't think about the DLC, that kinda sucks. Especially since i think one of the characters is DLC only =( hmm i'll have to think about that then. What a pain in the arse. I hate region junk

*sigh* in the end im not sure who to order from. Since im planning on getting 2 sets of each game maybe i'll order one set from game.co.uk and one from either thehut or zavvi.. not sure which. Im still not sure about the pokemon DSI though

There are (or will soon be) three DLC characters by now, so that makes it even worse. If it gets cheap enough it would be worth it just for the artbook, though. If you could find a way to sell the PAL version of the game and buy an NTSC copy you could sort of create a patchwork LE.

[quote name='Kenshindono']
[/QUOTE]

That's 100 pounds, not 100 dollars. it'll cost $160, which isn't much cheaper than the $180 Price it goes for in America.

ya.. for the DSI deal, I didn't realize the conversion rate was so bad 99 pounds is almost a regular DSI bundle in the US so not really worth it

as to the other stuff. Is there really a reason any of you other guys use zavvi over the hut?fwbweux makes it sound like it was kinda just chance and that they have more coupons sometimes? It sounds like Zavvi's website is prety cruddy. I wonder if thehut is more up to date and smoother. Maybe i'll get a couple blazblue's from them, but that whole DLC thing really sucks. I guess i may get one for the artbook and junk but still have to get a US version later too.

as far as Tactics ogre and FF IV complete. It sounds like the 'regular' version listed on the sites is indeed the special edition with all the goodies. Strange that they have no aditional tag. I thought maybe the special edition of tactics had run out or something, but i guess thats not the case. I should be able to order it in confidence.

I guess no one uses game.co.uk? Maybe i'll give them a shot. do half the order there and the other have @ thehut or zavvi. See which has a better experience. Either way i need to get these imports, looks like its gonna be kinda expensive getting two copies of them =P

*edit* ordered 2 copies of blazblue calamity trigger and 1 of tactics ogre from thehut tonight. I'll probably do an order of the rest of the stuff on zavvi tomorow or monday, and a copy on game.co.uk. I emailed game.co.uk to ask if its possible to get their reward card since i'll be blowing a lot of money.

BTW anyone know what the tifa and squall outfit you get for the UK version are? I dont see any pics of them online

follow up to the order i placed with thehut.. hmm. It was 55 euros for the order, the conversion calculator (used the one over at CNN money) shows that should come to about 76 bucks or so.

Well i got an email from my bank asking me to authorize some purchases. there were some amazon ones and actually 2 from TheHut one for about 89 dollars and one for less than a dollar.. i went ahead and authorized them since i did order from there, but what the hell.. what gives with the price difference? and whats with the 2nd charge? It did mention that the ammounts might not match up because of pre-authorization or something, but thats more than a 10 dollar difference, plus theres 2 charges.

Anyone had anything like this happen with Zavvi or thehut? It has me raising an eyebrow. I still have to order the rest of the stuff, but if they overcharged me that much thats not a good start to UK importing =P I wonder if the extra could be tax of some kind?

Just a reminder, Blazblue Limited edition is only 17 Euro on sale for this weekend at thehut and Zavvi

[quote name='Kenshindono']follow up to the order i placed with thehut.. hmm. It was 55 euros for the order, the conversion calculator (used the one over at CNN money) shows that should come to about 76 bucks or so.

Well i got an email from my bank asking me to authorize some purchases. there were some amazon ones and actually 2 from TheHut one for about 89 dollars and one for less than a dollar.. i went ahead and authorized them since i did order from there, but what the hell.. what gives with the price difference? and whats with the 2nd charge? It did mention that the ammounts might not match up because of pre-authorization or something, but thats more than a 10 dollar difference, plus theres 2 charges.

Anyone had anything like this happen with Zavvi or thehut? It has me raising an eyebrow. I still have to order the rest of the stuff, but if they overcharged me that much thats not a good start to UK importing =P I wonder if the extra could be tax of some kind?

Just a reminder, Blazblue Limited edition is only 17 Euro on sale for this weekend at thehut and Zavvi[/QUOTE]

They charge in pounds, not euros, so your conversion is off.

[quote name='Ionotropic']They charge in pounds, not euros, so your conversion is off.[/QUOTE]

ah your right, i wasn't familiar with the symbols but thats the symbol for pounds not Euros.. damn that sucks. The euro is about 1.38 X the US dolar, but the pound is over 1.6X! ouch. Looks like the rate hasn't changed that much the past 6 months either, its only dropped a tiny bit so just waiting to order the rest of my stuff probably wont really change anything.

yeesh the order thats gonna cost around 200 pounds is gonna really suck

I figured id do it through Zavvi and game.co.uk My only concern is hearing that Zavvi uses padded envelopes to ship some of its stuff.. do they still do that? I dont want my collectors editons getting crushed! does thehut do that too?

[quote name='Kenshindono']ah your right, i wasn't familiar with the symbols but thats the symbol for pounds not Euros.. damn that sucks. The euro is about 1.38 X the US dolar, but the pound is over 1.6X! ouch. Looks like the rate hasn't changed that much the past 6 months either, its only dropped a tiny bit so just waiting to order the rest of my stuff probably wont really change anything.

yeesh the order thats gonna cost around 200 pounds is gonna really suck

I figured id do it through Zavvi and game.co.uk My only concern is hearing that Zavvi uses padded envelopes to ship some of its stuff.. do they still do that? I dont want my collectors editons getting crushed! does thehut do that too?[/QUOTE]
zavvi still uses the padded envelopes. usually get some slight corner smushing. i don't know about the hut.

[quote name='Ionotropic']zavvi still uses the padded envelopes. usually get some slight corner smushing. i don't know about the hut.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Thats completely unacceptable to me. Im planning on buying 2 copies of each on my list (ungh thats gonna hur the wallet), one to open and one to keep sealed and collectable. Kinda ruins the point if they come in all squished. They use padded envelopes even on big orders?

Why the hell would you ship delicate collectors edition stuff in cruddy padded envelopes OVERSEAS? They're pretty much guaranteed to get squished! What a garbage company.

I guess zavvi is totally out then. I may have to just use games.co.uk or something. I'll have to email the hut and them and ask how they ship their stuff. Though i did order a few items for thehut already

[quote name='Kenshindono']Seriously? Thats completely unacceptable to me. Im planning on buying 2 copies of each on my list (ungh thats gonna hur the wallet), one to open and one to keep sealed and collectable. Kinda ruins the point if they come in all squished. They use padded envelopes even on big orders?

Why the hell would you ship delicate collectors edition stuff in cruddy padded envelopes OVERSEAS? They're pretty much guaranteed to get squished! What a garbage company.

I guess zavvi is totally out then. I may have to just use games.co.uk or something. I'll have to email the hut and them and ask how they ship their stuff. Though i did order a few items for thehut already[/QUOTE]
Well, I'm not sure how they handle big orders. If there are multiple preorders in one big order, they ship them separately as they release. Their shipping has been free lately, so you get what you pay for, I guess!:)
My understanding is thehut and zavvi are basically the same company, so I wouldn't be surprised if their shipping are the same. But you should ask them, b/c I'm not for sure about it.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Why the hell would you ship delicate collectors edition stuff in cruddy padded envelopes OVERSEAS? They're pretty much guaranteed to get squished! What a garbage company.[/QUOTE]

In principle, I completely agree. That said, while I can only speak for my personal experience, but nothing I've ordered from Zavvi yet has arrived damaged. So far in the past two months I've received Lord of Arcana Slayer Edition, Tactics Ogre Premium Edition, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Limited Edition, and Prince Of Persia Trilogy.

[quote name='scott_matthews']In principle, I completely agree. That said, while I can only speak for my personal experience, but nothing I've ordered from Zavvi yet has arrived damaged. So far in the past two months I've received Lord of Arcana Slayer Edition, Tactics Ogre Premium Edition, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Limited Edition, and Prince Of Persia Trilogy.[/QUOTE]

Then you're very lucky. There are millions of packages processed daily... and all it takes is one machine jam or one heavier package to fall on top of your package for it be damaged. A bubble mailer would only protect hard case games (like PS3/360 games).

Wow.. so i contacted Zavvi and the hut to ask about their packaging... here is the response i got back from thehut:

------
Hi Michael

Thanks for your email

I can confirm that i actually don't know how our packages get packed so it's a mastery to me and i can confirm that you can place your order as normal.

If there is anything else that i can help you with then , please feel free to contact me.

Kind Regards

Chris

------

Well it certainly is good to know that its a "master" to him how they ship their products! WTF is that crap? I thought they spoke English in England =P This sounds like some automated response you would get from some outsourced Indian tech support. There is a no reply tag to the message so there is really no way to follow up. What kind of answer is that? Im very irritated at this and am now not sure where to order the games from. I havent recieved a reply from Zavvi yet, or games.co.uk

I noticed theres an option to reply through the message center so I tried replying through there with this

-----
"Umm ok that doesn't answer any of the questions. I dont really want to "place my order as normal" if theres a risk that all the special edition games i will be buying will just get crushed in a padded envelope! You say 'i can place my order as normal' but i dont feel safe doing so without an answer. Cant you check with your warehouse or a higher up on what kinda shipping packaging you use? This would be a several hundred pound order and i want to be sure that theyre not going to be shipped in just a padded envelope that can get crushed. These are cardboard artbox game cases, not hard cased DVD/BD games"
-----

blea, this is ridiculous. Hopefully games.co.uk will get back to me soon. I actually asked them about something else i should resend a message inquiring about packaging. It looks like TheHut has terrible customer service, and probably crappy packaging for their shipping. I hear Zavvi does as well. Im running out of ideas on places to get my stuff

Anyone else get this email?

We're sorry that your order for the product(s) below has not yet been sent:

-Dissidia 012 [Duodecim] Final Fantasy: Legacy Edition

We're sorry this has happened. We're still following this up with our suppliers and we'll keep you updated on the status of your order.

bread's done
Back