EU/UK CE&Exclusives Thread - DI:Riptide Zombie Bait, DW7:Empires, MGS Rising CE Added

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
*This thread was originally for the S/E PSP LE's but due to a good amount of CAGs asking this to be an EU/UK LE thread I have decided to change it to that. We will try and post the cheapest price for these among all the UK sites that ship to the US. :D

*This thread has been transformed now to a thread for both CE's as well as games that are exclusive over in the UK/EU. :)

FAQ
[customspoiler=FAQs]

PS3 games are region free. Sometimes Xbox 360 games are but that varies from case to case. Regardless I will list the 360 version as well in case people would rather have a 360 copy to display. PSP games are region free as well.

Some Info:
  • All the retailers listed ship to the US. GAME & Gamestation must have changed policy because they used to not ship overseas.
  • Zavvi & thehut both have paypal as an option to pay but a few CAGs are reporting some difficutly. For the time being might be best to order with a Credit Card or Debit Card.
  • I have personally ordered from Zavvi and they were prompt in shipping and I had minimal to no damage on my items.
  • Keep in mind the exchange rate fluctuates so prices will skew up and down.
  • If I miss anything feel free to post in the thread and I will add it to the OP.
  • Zavvi now offers free shipping on items to the US.
[/customspoiler]

UK Retailers (That ship overseas):
*Beware the dreaded Mailer! ;)
[customspoiler=Devil Mailer]
2v35839.png
[/customspoiler]

The Hut - Zavvi's Sister Site
Zavvi - Free Shipping!
game.co.uk/gamestation.co.uk - These are the same now
hmv.com - Currently down due to administrative issues. Cannot order.
shopto.net - A lot of my friends order from here in the UK. Apparently they ship really quickly too.
amazon.co.uk - At least last I read, they seem to ship PS3 games but not 360. Unless they changed that. I can't seem to find anything regarding it by clicking their help.
play.com - They ship internationally and seem to get a good share of exclusives

EU Places That Ship Overseas:
amazon.fr
amazon.de

Current Promo Codes (mostly Zavvi & The Hut):

None

Updates

Older Items here(I am going to edit this depending on availability):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8109644&postcount=5

Fist of The North Star Ken's Rage 2 CE (Exclusive To France & Italy)

Release Date: 2/8/13
Contents

• Visual Storybook
  • Game Soundtrack
  • Character Stickers
  • USB of Kenshiro (4GB)
  • Postcard Calendar
[customspoiler=Contents]
north_star_ce_thumb.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:/:360:
amazon.fr - €99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengeance CE (Zavvi Exclusive)
Release Date: 2/22/13
Contents:

• Only 25,000 Made
  • Raiden Play-Arts Kai Figure
  • Steelbook
  • DLC Code for White Armor Skin, Cyborg Skin
[customspoiler=Contents]
MGR_Limited_UK_Cover_02.jpg
MGR_Limited_UK_WhiteRaiden_05.jpg

[/customspoiler]
zavvi - £99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising Revengeance Steelbook (GAME Exclusive)
Contents

• Exclusive Steelbook by Yoji Shinkawa
[customspoiler=Steelbook]
MGR-PS3-Steelbook-SHINKAWA-01-556x431.jpg
[/customspoiler]
amazon.de - €14.99

Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires

*Going to be digital release in the US. This is for those that want a physical copy. No disc in US is likely due to no English voice.
[customspoiler=Box Art]
DW7E_EU_Cover.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:
play.com - £39.99
shoto.net - £29.86
thehut - £34.95
zavvi - £34.95
game.co.uk - £39.99
amazon.uk - £39.99

Injustice: Gods Among Us CE

Release Date: 4/5/13
Contents:

• Exclusive Steelbook
  • Wonder Woman/Batman Figure (Way better than the US Version)
  • 2 Brand New Issues of DC Comics
  • DLC (Three exclusive skins based on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman from DC COMICS – THE NEW 52)
[customspoiler=Contents]
collectors_edition.jpg

[/customspoiler]
Nowhere to be found in the UK. Found it on amazon.fr and amazon.de
amazon.fr 360 PS3- €99.90
amazon.de - €94.99

Dead Island Riptide Zombie Bait Edition

Release Date: TBD
Contents:

• Steelbook
  • Collector's Artwork
  • 12 inch Bikini Clad Torso Figure
  • Weapon DLC
[customspoiler=Contents]
dead-island-riptide-zombie-bait-edition-is-gross-and-alarming.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:360: This appears to be 360 only ATM
game.co.uk - £89.99
zavvi - £84.95
thehut - £84.95

Dead Island: Riptide (GAME Exclusive Edition)
*Only listing this because so far there is no mention of one in the US, if there is I will remove this.
Release Date: TBD

Contents:

• Exclusive Cover :roll:
  • DLC I am guessing like the SE for the 1st?
[customspoiler=Cover Art]
253532_xbx_b.png

[/customspoiler]
:360:/:ps3:/:pc:
game.com - £39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm so sounds like maybe game.co.uk takes a long time. Ill wait another week or so before i email them.. unfortunately the steelbook edition is one of the things i ordered too =( Sounds like if it is lost or something im just totally boned. Heres to hoping my stuff and jcmeadows's is just taking a while

by the way i notice the witcher enhanced edition is 10 bucks right now on zavvi.. does anyone know if PC games are region free? I think i would like to get that since its the uncut version, but i dont know if it will install fine on a US PC/DVD player. Will it work?[/QUOTE]

Just hang on man, I finally got my Yakuza 4 in today. Looks like it went in and out of the country, 2 times. But I have it and I am so happy.

bah, missed out on FFIV, price is back up to £34.99. I do really want it. I'm just going to have to hope they have some in stock when i get my next paycheck. I preordered P3P, which is rediculous since this would be the 4th version of Persona 3 I own.

Wow, my FFIV Complete Collection is here already. I ordered two copies of Lord of Arcana: Slayer Edition when it was part of the 2/25 GBP deal over a week before this shipped and they're still not here :lol: Never a dull moment with Zavvi.

[quote name='fwbweux']Wow, my FFIV Complete Collection is here already. I ordered two copies of Lord of Arcana: Slayer Edition when it was part of the 2/25 GBP deal over a week before this shipped and they're still not here :lol: Never a dull moment with Zavvi.[/QUOTE]

Zavvi is the ultimate troll. :D

Shipping speed seems to be completely arbitrary, it's awesome. I'm now hopeful my FFIV will be here soon as well.

[quote name='bvharris']Zavvi is the ultimate troll. :D[/QUOTE]

Between receiving items in reverse order of shipment, slashing prices on the LEs, not letting you cancel items days or weeks before release, credit card denial shenanigans, and mailergate, this is true! ;)

After how long it took me to get Tactics Ogre I'm not worried, as everything I've received from Zavvi since then has arrived much faster.

[quote name='fwbweux']Wow, my FFIV Complete Collection is here already. I ordered two copies of Lord of Arcana: Slayer Edition when it was part of the 2/25 GBP deal over a week before this shipped and they're still not here :lol: Never a dull moment with Zavvi.[/QUOTE]

lol... I still haven't even gotten my shipping confirmation for FFIV yet.

I can't load the resolve card problem page. So, how am I suppose to resolve the problem if they won't let me. Also, they won't just let me order and use that card until I resolve the issue. *Sigh* This is frustrating, I just want my game.

Just in case anyone is interested, Game Gears in the UK is offering an exclusive Brink Steelbook for the following platforms:

gamegears.co.uk/pc-c3/pc-new-games-c23/bethesda-brink-pc-gamegears-exclusive-steelbook-edition-p3068 PC

gamegears.co.uk/xbox-360-c5/xbox-360-new-games-c13/bethesda-brink-xbox-360-gamegears-exclusive-steelbook-edition-p3070 Xbox 360

gamegears.co.uk/playstation-3-c4/playstation-3-new-games-c18/bethesda-brink-ps3-gamegears-exclusive-steelbook-edition-p3069 Playstation 3

32.99 pounds ($54.90) for the console versions; 22.75 pounds ($37.86) for the PC version; Shipping to the US is 1.95 pounds ($3.25)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for the heads up Wbc!

On a sidenote - Does anyone have a 10% off Zavvi Code they dont want. Pm me!

I'll compensate with the 10% that Zavvi will inevitably give me with that new email i gave them, just isnt quite here yet =/

[quote name='Joe Fongul']Just in case anyone is interested, Game Gears in the UK is offering an exclusive Brink Steelbook for the following platforms:

http://www.gamegears.co.uk/pc-c3/pc...c-gamegears-exclusive-steelbook-edition-p3068 PC

http://www.gamegears.co.uk/xbox-360...0-gamegears-exclusive-steelbook-edition-p3070 Xbox 360

http://www.gamegears.co.uk/playstat...3-gamegears-exclusive-steelbook-edition-p3069 Playstation 3

32.99 pounds ($54.90) for the console versions; 22.75 pounds ($37.86) for the PC version; Shipping to the US is 1.95 pounds ($3.25)[/QUOTE]

Fixed!

[quote name='Animekatt']The links don't work. :([/QUOTE]

Fixed somewhat...I guess this site does not work with CAG's embedded affiliate software

You will need to cut & paste in your browser to make it work

How do I order from The Hut? I can't select US as the country (the option isn't even there.). Also, they have a 5 off 50 (pounds) deal: BHB5.

Edit: looks like I won't be able to pay with PayPal.

[quote name='earvcunanan']How do I order from The Hut? I can't select US as the country (the option isn't even there.). Also, they have a 5 off 50 (pounds) deal: BHB5.

Edit: looks like I won't be able to pay with PayPal.[/QUOTE]

There's always been a drop-down menu for selecting your country on the payment or shipping address page. Did you solve your issue by paying with credit card instead of Paypal or are you still not finding a country selector?

Figure my P3P will be here soon, and can't believe I bought every single PSP LE form Tactics Ogre onward. It's been fun, but if there's one big lesson to take from all of this, it's to not preorder ANYTHING from Zavvi. Without fail, each of those LEs has dropped in price instead of going OOS, and while I should have expected this from the beginning considering that pretty much every game sold in the UK experiences a really fast price collapse, I couldn't overcome my own hype.

No harm done, though. They're all awesome games (with the probable exception of Lord of Arcana, which I haven't played yet) and were all worth getting at release.

They aren't that rare because it's the only version of the game out in EU, there wasn't a choice of CE and non-CE for most of these cases. Europe gets stuff super late, but when they do the packaging is so much better, /sigh

These are games I was already interested in so any future collector value would just be a pleasant surprise bonus, but somehow just because of how absolutely dead in the water the PSP is I assumed that there would be a fair chance of all these LEs being low print.

The fact that the LE version was the only version for several of these games kind of felt like an admission that the market was limited and that they'd only be catering to the few hardcores who still bought PSP games instead of pirating them, but apparently it was more an attempt to get people who would otherwise pirate the game to pay for it because of the extra physical goodies included, and so they got fairly healthy print runs. Can't download an artbook (well, technically, but...)

Maybe the absolute rampant PSP piracy in Europe is the reason they got the LEs and we didn't. It's bad here, but in Europe where things generally take so much longer to release or don't come out at all, I imagine it's even more widespread.

Yep, I've got to pay through PayPal. Another question: has anyone purchased multiple items from Zavvi/TheHut in one transaction and got them shipped in a box, or were they shipped separately?

The second game I bought from Zavvi was Fable 3 limited edition, is was a deal 17 British Pound, as around 30 US dollars. The game came in perfect condition. I have good faith on this website and will continue tracking deals in the future.

BTW, Fable 3 British edition PAL works on US XBOX NTSC-U

now that the pre-orders are coming in and people are seeing them in the mail, does the OP know of any other CE/LE Exclusive rearing its head in U.K?

So far I've noticed many of the upcoming AAA titles are getting very similar if not innately the same CE we're getting over here.

[quote name='popaloo']now that the pre-orders are coming in and people are seeing them in the mail, does the OP know of any other CE/LE Exclusive rearing its head in U.K?

So far I've noticed many of the upcoming AAA titles are getting very similar if not innately the same CE we're getting over here.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing companies have figured out it's cheaper to produce the same special edition for all regions rather than produce a different one for a different region.

[quote name='popaloo']now that the pre-orders are coming in and people are seeing them in the mail, does the OP know of any other CE/LE Exclusive rearing its head in U.K?

So far I've noticed many of the upcoming AAA titles are getting very similar if not innately the same CE we're getting over here.[/QUOTE]

Looks like Arcana Heart 3 is getting a limited edition for the UK. NCSX.com is taking pre-orders and has pictures on their site today. At almost $100 it isn't cheap and doesn't seem to come with that much (soundtrack, artbook, a few move cards and an outer box), but I will be waiting to see what some of the standard UK retailers charge for it before making a decision.

[quote name='bojay1997']Looks like Arcana Heart 3 is getting a limited edition for the UK. NCSX.com is taking pre-orders and has pictures on their site today. At almost $100 it isn't cheap and doesn't seem to come with that much (soundtrack, artbook, a few move cards and an outer box), but I will be waiting to see what some of the standard UK retailers charge for it before making a decision.[/QUOTE]

Doh, I just preordered the standard edition recently, but that is a hefty price.

My girlfriend just moved to Belfast for work for the next 9 months. This thread will be awesome to get an idea of what's available there for her to get me. Thanks CAG!

Can anyone tell me if that FFIV collection CE is really limited or not? I like the artwork on the box much more than the US one. Also, which of these retailers is most hassle free for shipping to the US?

[quote name='cheesebu']Can anyone tell me if that FFIV collection CE is really limited or not? I like the artwork on the box much more than the US one. Also, which of these retailers is most hassle free for shipping to the US?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe it's very limited at all. I ordered from Zavvi and it was very simple. They offer NO kind of tracking whatsoever, but I got the game in a pretty speedy time. I preordered so I had to wait for the 24th I think it was, but it came within a week after that.

I highly recommend Zavvi. Some people have told horror stories but just in the past month I got 3rd Birthday Twisted Edition, FFIV Complete, and Tactics Ogre: Premium Edition from them, and they were all in nearly perfect shape. 3rd birthday and Tactics Ogre had a slight slight dent in the box as if it had been a little bent at one time, but nothing which ruined the presentation at all. And I'm a guy who really cares about presentation!

[quote name='bojay1997']Looks like Arcana Heart 3 is getting a limited edition for the UK. NCSX.com is taking pre-orders and has pictures on their site today. At almost $100 it isn't cheap and doesn't seem to come with that much (soundtrack, artbook, a few move cards and an outer box), but I will be waiting to see what some of the standard UK retailers charge for it before making a decision.[/QUOTE]

things like these makes me wish the American/N.A market for Japanese-developed games was as big as Europe.

Got my P3P today. Enormous German ratings logo taking up almost the whole lower left corner of the box art is hideous as hell, but it still looks good on the whole. I probably shouldn't have started replaying P3:FES on :ps2: recently as it would give me more of a reason to open this, so I guess I just get to sit and stare at the box for now, haha.

Can anyone who does end up opening it tell me if the artbook is the same as the one that came with the American Persona 3 deluxe box content-wise?

[quote name='fwbweux']Got my P3P today. Enormous German ratings logo taking up almost the whole left corner of the box art is hideous as hell, but it still looks good on the whole. I probably shouldn't have started replaying P3:FES on :ps2: recently as it would give me more of a reason to open this, so I guess I just get to sit and stare at the box for now, haha.
[/QUOTE]

Hoping mine gets here today as well, it seems to be taking a bit longer than my other Zavvi purchases.

My Trinity Universe just showed up shipped in a BOX from the Hut.

5 business days to cross the pond and into my mailbox. Very Impressed!

:D

bread's done
Back