EU/UK CE&Exclusives Thread - DI:Riptide Zombie Bait, DW7:Empires, MGS Rising CE Added

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
*This thread was originally for the S/E PSP LE's but due to a good amount of CAGs asking this to be an EU/UK LE thread I have decided to change it to that. We will try and post the cheapest price for these among all the UK sites that ship to the US. :D

*This thread has been transformed now to a thread for both CE's as well as games that are exclusive over in the UK/EU. :)

FAQ
[customspoiler=FAQs]

PS3 games are region free. Sometimes Xbox 360 games are but that varies from case to case. Regardless I will list the 360 version as well in case people would rather have a 360 copy to display. PSP games are region free as well.

Some Info:
  • All the retailers listed ship to the US. GAME & Gamestation must have changed policy because they used to not ship overseas.
  • Zavvi & thehut both have paypal as an option to pay but a few CAGs are reporting some difficutly. For the time being might be best to order with a Credit Card or Debit Card.
  • I have personally ordered from Zavvi and they were prompt in shipping and I had minimal to no damage on my items.
  • Keep in mind the exchange rate fluctuates so prices will skew up and down.
  • If I miss anything feel free to post in the thread and I will add it to the OP.
  • Zavvi now offers free shipping on items to the US.
[/customspoiler]

UK Retailers (That ship overseas):
*Beware the dreaded Mailer! ;)
[customspoiler=Devil Mailer]
2v35839.png
[/customspoiler]

The Hut - Zavvi's Sister Site
Zavvi - Free Shipping!
game.co.uk/gamestation.co.uk - These are the same now
hmv.com - Currently down due to administrative issues. Cannot order.
shopto.net - A lot of my friends order from here in the UK. Apparently they ship really quickly too.
amazon.co.uk - At least last I read, they seem to ship PS3 games but not 360. Unless they changed that. I can't seem to find anything regarding it by clicking their help.
play.com - They ship internationally and seem to get a good share of exclusives

EU Places That Ship Overseas:
amazon.fr
amazon.de

Current Promo Codes (mostly Zavvi & The Hut):

None

Updates

Older Items here(I am going to edit this depending on availability):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8109644&postcount=5

Fist of The North Star Ken's Rage 2 CE (Exclusive To France & Italy)

Release Date: 2/8/13
Contents

• Visual Storybook
  • Game Soundtrack
  • Character Stickers
  • USB of Kenshiro (4GB)
  • Postcard Calendar
[customspoiler=Contents]
north_star_ce_thumb.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:/:360:
amazon.fr - €99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengeance CE (Zavvi Exclusive)
Release Date: 2/22/13
Contents:

• Only 25,000 Made
  • Raiden Play-Arts Kai Figure
  • Steelbook
  • DLC Code for White Armor Skin, Cyborg Skin
[customspoiler=Contents]
MGR_Limited_UK_Cover_02.jpg
MGR_Limited_UK_WhiteRaiden_05.jpg

[/customspoiler]
zavvi - £99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising Revengeance Steelbook (GAME Exclusive)
Contents

• Exclusive Steelbook by Yoji Shinkawa
[customspoiler=Steelbook]
MGR-PS3-Steelbook-SHINKAWA-01-556x431.jpg
[/customspoiler]
amazon.de - €14.99

Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires

*Going to be digital release in the US. This is for those that want a physical copy. No disc in US is likely due to no English voice.
[customspoiler=Box Art]
DW7E_EU_Cover.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:
play.com - £39.99
shoto.net - £29.86
thehut - £34.95
zavvi - £34.95
game.co.uk - £39.99
amazon.uk - £39.99

Injustice: Gods Among Us CE

Release Date: 4/5/13
Contents:

• Exclusive Steelbook
  • Wonder Woman/Batman Figure (Way better than the US Version)
  • 2 Brand New Issues of DC Comics
  • DLC (Three exclusive skins based on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman from DC COMICS – THE NEW 52)
[customspoiler=Contents]
collectors_edition.jpg

[/customspoiler]
Nowhere to be found in the UK. Found it on amazon.fr and amazon.de
amazon.fr 360 PS3- €99.90
amazon.de - €94.99

Dead Island Riptide Zombie Bait Edition

Release Date: TBD
Contents:

• Steelbook
  • Collector's Artwork
  • 12 inch Bikini Clad Torso Figure
  • Weapon DLC
[customspoiler=Contents]
dead-island-riptide-zombie-bait-edition-is-gross-and-alarming.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:360: This appears to be 360 only ATM
game.co.uk - £89.99
zavvi - £84.95
thehut - £84.95

Dead Island: Riptide (GAME Exclusive Edition)
*Only listing this because so far there is no mention of one in the US, if there is I will remove this.
Release Date: TBD

Contents:

• Exclusive Cover :roll:
  • DLC I am guessing like the SE for the 1st?
[customspoiler=Cover Art]
253532_xbx_b.png

[/customspoiler]
:360:/:ps3:/:pc:
game.com - £39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fwbweux']Got my P3P today. Enormous German ratings logo taking up almost the whole lower left corner of the box art is hideous as hell, but it still looks good on the whole. I probably shouldn't have started replaying P3:FES on :ps2: recently as it would give me more of a reason to open this, so I guess I just get to sit and stare at the box for now, haha.

Can anyone who does end up opening it tell me if the artbook is the same as the one that came with the American Persona 3 deluxe box content-wise?[/QUOTE]
Here's an unboxing video. scroll to 2:57 for the artbook. it looks pretty similar to the US one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSGtjWRgKRM

Got mine today, ordered two so they came nice and secure in a box.

Re: the artbook - it is largely the same as the one that came with P3, although it has a few different characters highlighted in it, and what look to be some really early sketches. I was hoping there would be a design timeline of the female protagonist but there is not, which was kinda disappointing. Actually, there's really not a whole lot in this whole package that highlights the female character at all, its mostly art from P3.

It took over a year for the euros to get it so I'm curious: are there any additions or anything to the game compared to the US release?

Anybody know why the FFIV Collection went up to 35 pounds? Does that mean it's running low in stock?

I was thinking about picking up the P3P and FFIV Collection when they drop.

Received my P3P yesterday on the mail as well. Side was a little squished, as the cardboard out casing didnt seem very strong. Overall in decent shape though.

p3p, 3rd birthday, tactics ogre, and ff dissidia all shipped today in two different packages....hopefully they aren't squished into two bubble mailers

I hope another retailer carries that LE Arcana besides the one listed so far maybe. That LE shouldn't weigh out to be more than 2 lbs I hope. Tempted...very tempted to get LE version.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Bump because Arcana Heart 3 LE was just announced:

arcana_heart_3_le_wxp.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Hm... that's nice but is it $60 nice.:whistle2:k I didn't exactly like Arcana Heart but it's basically standard price for a normal PS3 release and the 144 page artbook looks pretty nice.

I can't imagine this arriving in good condition for me though. I'm sure this will be destroyed if the PSP special editions are any indication.

[quote name='Vinny']Hm... that's nice but is it $60 nice.:whistle2:k I didn't exactly like Arcana Heart but it's basically standard price for a normal PS3 release and the 144 page artbook looks pretty nice.

I can't imagine this arriving in good condition for me though. I'm sure this will be destroyed if the PSP special editions are any indication.[/QUOTE]

My Blazblue CS LE came in good shape. I think on this one I might just pay my UK friend to order one for me and to ship it to me in a box. You are right though, that artbook.... :drool:

HMV right now is the only place that has it listed. I assume that since Zavvi has the regular edition cheapest, that they would have the LE cheaper but I will keep you guys updated. :)

I'll probably bite on this, though I'm definitely waiting to see if Zavvi lists it. I don't see anywhere in HMV's faqs that there's any kind of weight limit on international orders, which is good, but that price is just painful at MSRP. They don't have free international shipping, either.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/300792/news/dark-souls-ace-combat-release-dates-confirmed/

Just to mention that they talk about Dark Souls LE for europe in this.

"The Dark Souls pack will include the OST, making of video and a hardback art book."

edit: places already have it up for preorder

zavvi has it for £36.85 pounds atm

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/dark-souls-special-edition/10451825.html

game.co.uk has it for £39.99

http://www.game.co.uk/Dark-Souls-Limited-Edition/~r354906/?s=dark+souls

sendit.com has it for £34.89

http://www.sendit.com/games/platforms/ps3/dark-souls-special-edition/10451825.html

gameplay.co.uk has it for £39.99

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/playstation-3/dark-souls-limited-edition/_/XT3226/productpage.html

another note, sendit.com has the cheapest arcana heart 3 normal edition at £15.89

I came here just to post that. Good job telepathy!

I'm thinking of pre-ordering the UK LE, but I also want to see if the US will get one as well.

[quote name='punkmaggit']I came here just to post that. Good job telepathy!

I'm thinking of pre-ordering the UK LE, but I also want to see if the US will get one as well.[/QUOTE]

Yeah me as well considering I would rather have it on Xbox with all the bonus stuff and the UK version will most likely not be region free. :bomb:

Looks like Europe's getting a physical OST instead of the cheap cop-out download code we're getting. It's almost worth it to me to get the UK LE for this, though I don't know if it's worth stranding myself on the EU servers for the game. Unless all my friends get the UK version as well I wouldn't be able to co-op with anyone if there's going to be co-op :cold:

lol, usually if i get collector's editions, i get them mainly for collecting. If you're rly not sure, you can always get 2 copies like i do ;)

Well, I guess the US is getting pretty much the same CE as Europe so no need for me to double-dip on this one.

Did anyone else notice the July 15, 2011 release date from Zavvi, or was it just me?

[quote name='punkmaggit']Well, I guess the US is getting pretty much the same CE as Europe so no need for me to double-dip on this one.

Did anyone else notice the July 15, 2011 release date from Zavvi, or was it just me?[/QUOTE]

They almost always put in a generic place holder date. They did it with 3rd Birthday and Dissidia as well.

I bet that changes here soon. ;)

the NA Dark Souls CE has also been announce, is there any strong differences between the two?

I heard the NA one's DLC/behind the scene video was DLC.

Just ordered Dissidia 012 Legacy and 3rd Birthday Twisted Edition.
Hopefully since I ordered 2 they ship in a box.

About how long is shipping?
Anyone have a guesstimate?

Got an email, Zavvi is having a major price slash sale.

Sale Here

Lord of Arcana: Slayer Edition-£9.85

Just bought an extra copy as that is a cheap price, abd i had a 10% off coupon

[quote name='adriley313']Just ordered Dissidia 012 Legacy and 3rd Birthday Twisted Edition.
Hopefully since I ordered 2 they ship in a box.

About how long is shipping?
Anyone have a guesstimate?[/QUOTE]

I placed an order for 4 games last month and Zavvi shipped all 4 games separately.
So Good Luck

As for estimate, approximately two weeks?
(All 4 of my games arrived on different days.)

I've never been on zavvi.com before and I'm trying to buy Lord of Arcana Slayer Edition but it won't add to my cart, am I doing something wrong here?

just thought i would share my experience with ordering from the uk recently

-hmv
ordered Dissidia 012 (Duodecim) Final Fantasy; came in a nice small rectangular cardboard package (no bubble mailer) and in perfect condition
-shipping took less than a week

-dvd.co.uk
ordered valkyria chronicles II, tactics ogre, 3rd birthday, dissidia ff, and persona 3 psp; came in 3 separate long cardboard packages and all games were perfect with no dents
-shipping took less than a week

-zavvi.com
ordered all of the previous games mentioned, but amex was giving me trouble so i ended up canceling the entire order - for some reason "Silent Hill: Origins" was unable to cancel and they shipped it to me anyway (in a bubble mailer)
the game was listed as "new" but came opened with the upc on the artwork on the back of the case - not sure if this is usually how they do things but i didn't like that at all

[quote name='adriley313']Got an email, Zavvi is having a major price slash sale.

Sale Here

Lord of Arcana: Slayer Edition-£9.85

Just bought an extra copy as that is a cheap price, abd i had a 10% off coupon[/QUOTE]

Sweet, glad I didn't buy it the first time around. Hopefully FFIV and Dissidia 012 drops too!:D

dont know if this is a permanent drop or just a sale
piad less than $15 with a 10% coupon for signing up

mrbomb- i suggest making an account first and then try.
Remember they also accept PayPal

If anyone's interested, I just bought from dvd.co.uk. They are having a promo.

Arcana Heart LE is £39.99 on site, but £33.33 in cart.
FF IV CE is £26.99 on site, and £22.49 in cart.

Not too shabby. I assume this is good on other CEs. :bouncy:

arcanaheartandffivce.jpg

Typically says OOS for preorders. No clue why it says in stock on the FF IV page, and then OOS on the checkout. Worth a shot on AH3 for sure, I think :)

[quote name='adriley313']dont know if this is a permanent drop or just a sale
piad less than $15 with a 10% coupon for signing up

mrbomb- i suggest making an account first and then try.
Remember they also accept PayPal[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it was because I was at work lol. Works at home.

[quote name='Tom Jane']If anyone's interested, I just bought from dvd.co.uk. They are having a promo.

Arcana Heart LE is £39.99 on site, but £33.33 in cart.
FF IV CE is £26.99 on site, and £22.49 in cart.

Not too shabby. I assume this is good on other CEs. :bouncy:

arcanaheartandffivce.jpg

Typically says OOS for preorders. No clue why it says in stock on the FF IV page, and then OOS on the checkout. Worth a shot on AH3 for sure, I think :)[/QUOTE]

Their prices are including VAT, which you don't have to pay as its not shipping in EU. That's what you see the discount.

[quote name='thelonepig']Their prices are including VAT, which you don't have to pay as its not shipping in EU. That's what you see the discount.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying the email lied. :cry:

Come to think of it, I do remember hearing that VAT went up to 20% at the turn of the year. Can't complain for us VAT-free, I suppose :bouncy:

[quote name='thelonepig']http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+vat

Short answer: Value Added Tax[/QUOTE]

We don't have to pay the VAT but do have to pay the damn conversion fees depending what Card you are using. I haven't imported anything in a bit, I wonder what my cards have there fees at now with the Banks doing loony things!!! Maybe ZxT can put in the OP recommended cards to use to get the best value once you include in this charge or no charge at all.

[quote name='adriley313']i used my MasterCard and my last order, 8.99 UK was $14.36
but you can also check out with PayPal on Zavvi[/QUOTE]

That is good to now about Zavvi, I don't really import much but those fees are a pain!

[quote name='skiizim']We don't have to pay the VAT but do have to pay the damn conversion fees depending what Card you are using. I haven't imported anything in a bit, I wonder what my cards have there fees at now with the Banks doing loony things!!! Maybe ZxT can put in the OP recommended cards to use to get the best value once you include in this charge or no charge at all.[/QUOTE]

Use UBS ;) But seriously, I do a lot of business in Swiss francs, so I have an universal account. Foreign transactions (typically pounds or euros, sometime kroner) only have a ~1fr fee (~0.80usd). Completely forgot about foreign fees in all honesty. Last time I used a domestic card, it was indeed some sad ~$10 fee :cry:

[quote name='skiizim']We don't have to pay the VAT but do have to pay the damn conversion fees depending what Card you are using. I haven't imported anything in a bit, I wonder what my cards have there fees at now with the Banks doing loony things!!! Maybe ZxT can put in the OP recommended cards to use to get the best value once you include in this charge or no charge at all.[/QUOTE]

flyerguide.com has a handy listing of credit cards along with their foreign transaction fee
http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php/Credit/Debit/ATM_Cards_and_Foreign_Exchange

Capital One is one of the few credit card issuers out there not charging a fee for foreign currency.
http://www.capitalone.com

The Sony Card, once issued by Chase, is now handled through Capital One.
http://www.capitalone.com/creditcards/products/browse-all/partners/
You might want to wait for a good sign up bonus for this card though.
I have two of this card (signup bonus for first card- $300, signup bonus for second card - $200)

Right now, my primary credit card is the Fidelity American Express card.
It charges a 1% fee for foreign currency BUT offers 2% cashback (on every purchase).
https://accountmaint.fidelity.com/ftgw/ccapply/ccapp/fia/apply?gc=IBFC&lc=LM

[quote name='thelonepig']I buy from Amazon UK several times a year and have never had an international transaction fee.[/QUOTE]
can u buy with a USA account?

[quote name='thelonepig']I buy from Amazon UK several times a year and have never had an international transaction fee.[/QUOTE]

Most credit card companies charge the fee. Some just disguise it in the transaction amount/currency conversion rate. I can almost guarantee you paid it, you just didn't realize it.

bread's done
Back