EU/UK CE&Exclusives Thread - DI:Riptide Zombie Bait, DW7:Empires, MGS Rising CE Added

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
*This thread was originally for the S/E PSP LE's but due to a good amount of CAGs asking this to be an EU/UK LE thread I have decided to change it to that. We will try and post the cheapest price for these among all the UK sites that ship to the US. :D

*This thread has been transformed now to a thread for both CE's as well as games that are exclusive over in the UK/EU. :)

FAQ
[customspoiler=FAQs]

PS3 games are region free. Sometimes Xbox 360 games are but that varies from case to case. Regardless I will list the 360 version as well in case people would rather have a 360 copy to display. PSP games are region free as well.

Some Info:
  • All the retailers listed ship to the US. GAME & Gamestation must have changed policy because they used to not ship overseas.
  • Zavvi & thehut both have paypal as an option to pay but a few CAGs are reporting some difficutly. For the time being might be best to order with a Credit Card or Debit Card.
  • I have personally ordered from Zavvi and they were prompt in shipping and I had minimal to no damage on my items.
  • Keep in mind the exchange rate fluctuates so prices will skew up and down.
  • If I miss anything feel free to post in the thread and I will add it to the OP.
  • Zavvi now offers free shipping on items to the US.
[/customspoiler]

UK Retailers (That ship overseas):
*Beware the dreaded Mailer! ;)
[customspoiler=Devil Mailer]
2v35839.png
[/customspoiler]

The Hut - Zavvi's Sister Site
Zavvi - Free Shipping!
game.co.uk/gamestation.co.uk - These are the same now
hmv.com - Currently down due to administrative issues. Cannot order.
shopto.net - A lot of my friends order from here in the UK. Apparently they ship really quickly too.
amazon.co.uk - At least last I read, they seem to ship PS3 games but not 360. Unless they changed that. I can't seem to find anything regarding it by clicking their help.
play.com - They ship internationally and seem to get a good share of exclusives

EU Places That Ship Overseas:
amazon.fr
amazon.de

Current Promo Codes (mostly Zavvi & The Hut):

None

Updates

Older Items here(I am going to edit this depending on availability):
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8109644&postcount=5

Fist of The North Star Ken's Rage 2 CE (Exclusive To France & Italy)

Release Date: 2/8/13
Contents

• Visual Storybook
  • Game Soundtrack
  • Character Stickers
  • USB of Kenshiro (4GB)
  • Postcard Calendar
[customspoiler=Contents]
north_star_ce_thumb.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:/:360:
amazon.fr - €99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengeance CE (Zavvi Exclusive)
Release Date: 2/22/13
Contents:

• Only 25,000 Made
  • Raiden Play-Arts Kai Figure
  • Steelbook
  • DLC Code for White Armor Skin, Cyborg Skin
[customspoiler=Contents]
MGR_Limited_UK_Cover_02.jpg
MGR_Limited_UK_WhiteRaiden_05.jpg

[/customspoiler]
zavvi - £99.99

Metal Gear Solid Rising Revengeance Steelbook (GAME Exclusive)
Contents

• Exclusive Steelbook by Yoji Shinkawa
[customspoiler=Steelbook]
MGR-PS3-Steelbook-SHINKAWA-01-556x431.jpg
[/customspoiler]
amazon.de - €14.99

Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires

*Going to be digital release in the US. This is for those that want a physical copy. No disc in US is likely due to no English voice.
[customspoiler=Box Art]
DW7E_EU_Cover.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:ps3:
play.com - £39.99
shoto.net - £29.86
thehut - £34.95
zavvi - £34.95
game.co.uk - £39.99
amazon.uk - £39.99

Injustice: Gods Among Us CE

Release Date: 4/5/13
Contents:

• Exclusive Steelbook
  • Wonder Woman/Batman Figure (Way better than the US Version)
  • 2 Brand New Issues of DC Comics
  • DLC (Three exclusive skins based on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman from DC COMICS – THE NEW 52)
[customspoiler=Contents]
collectors_edition.jpg

[/customspoiler]
Nowhere to be found in the UK. Found it on amazon.fr and amazon.de
amazon.fr 360 PS3- €99.90
amazon.de - €94.99

Dead Island Riptide Zombie Bait Edition

Release Date: TBD
Contents:

• Steelbook
  • Collector's Artwork
  • 12 inch Bikini Clad Torso Figure
  • Weapon DLC
[customspoiler=Contents]
dead-island-riptide-zombie-bait-edition-is-gross-and-alarming.jpg

[/customspoiler]
:360: This appears to be 360 only ATM
game.co.uk - £89.99
zavvi - £84.95
thehut - £84.95

Dead Island: Riptide (GAME Exclusive Edition)
*Only listing this because so far there is no mention of one in the US, if there is I will remove this.
Release Date: TBD

Contents:

• Exclusive Cover :roll:
  • DLC I am guessing like the SE for the 1st?
[customspoiler=Cover Art]
253532_xbx_b.png

[/customspoiler]
:360:/:ps3:/:pc:
game.com - £39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bojay1997']Most credit card companies charge the fee. Some just disguise it in the transaction amount/currency conversion rate. I can almost guarantee you paid it, you just didn't realize it.[/QUOTE]

I've thoroughly researched it through the bank. I was charged exactly what Amazon UK said I would be charged. It's possible that Amazon UK handles that somehow based on the type of card used for the checkout process, but I doubt they would be that involved with the card companies.

I thoroughly expected there would be a charge, which is why I did the research beforehand. The card I have doesn't charge a fee, but I do start accruing interest immediately as it processes the transaction (again, specifically talking about Amazon UK) as a cash withdrawal. I just pay it off the day I get the ship notice, so I don't have to pay interest later on.

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']I get charged an "international transaction fee" when I use my debit. anywhere from $1.50-3.50 on $40-$80 purchases[/QUOTE]

if you're with chase i know it comes out to 3% of your total purchase order when it comes to non-domestic purchases.

regarding the Arcana Heart 3 LE that i preorder off dvd.co.uk, it shows in the confirmation email as "not in stock", which is odd considering its not even out yet, but no complaint there.

It's only when i add other things to the cart, and go all the way to checkout that it says "out of stock" on every single item...even though i made sure it said "in stock and ready to be despatched within 24 hours" on everything i clicked on.

Rare occurrence? or is the dvd.co.uk just messing with me.

[quote name='thelonepig']I've thoroughly researched it through the bank. I was charged exactly what Amazon UK said I would be charged. It's possible that Amazon UK handles that somehow based on the type of card used for the checkout process, but I doubt they would be that involved with the card companies.

I thoroughly expected there would be a charge, which is why I did the research beforehand. The card I have doesn't charge a fee, but I do start accruing interest immediately as it processes the transaction (again, specifically talking about Amazon UK) as a cash withdrawal. I just pay it off the day I get the ship notice, so I don't have to pay interest later on.[/QUOTE]

Even if this is true, they still charge a higher rate in the conversion from the foreign currency to the US currency since Amazon charges in pounds not dollars on the UK site. You're not getting the same rate the bank does for British Pounds being purchased in dollars. The spread is usually a few percentage points from whatever the rate was at the close of the day you make the purchase, so whether you realize it or not, you're paying for the privilege of buying stuff from Amazon UK.

[quote name='Kay_Faraday']unfortunately amazon uk doesnt ship games to the us :([/QUOTE]

i noticed that too, but it's odd that they'll ship dvd/blurays out to the states at a pretty reasonable cost. I figured dvds/blurays AND games were under the same media category when it comes to shipping.

[quote name='bojay1997']Even if this is true, they still charge a higher rate in the conversion from the foreign currency to the US currency since Amazon charges in pounds not dollars on the UK site. You're not getting the same rate the bank does for British Pounds being purchased in dollars. The spread is usually a few percentage points from whatever the rate was at the close of the day you make the purchase, so whether you realize it or not, you're paying for the privilege of buying stuff from Amazon UK.[/QUOTE]

That isn't what I'm disputing. You said I was probably getting charged a transaction/conversion fee. I stated I most certainly am not. Last time I used Amazon UK it told me what the conversion rate was and locked it in for the order. That conversion rate was identical to the one on www.xe.com at the time.

It sounds like you've already got your mind made up that I have no idea what I'm talking about, so take it for what its worth to you.

[quote name='thelonepig']That isn't what I'm disputing. You said I was probably getting charged a transaction/conversion fee. I stated I most certainly am not. Last time I used Amazon UK it told me what the conversion rate was and locked it in for the order. That conversion rate was identical to the one on www.xe.com at the time.

It sounds like you've already got your mind made up that I have no idea what I'm talking about, so take it for what its worth to you.[/QUOTE]

No, I just have 20 years of experience dealing with international transactions and I know that there is not a single credit card company or bank in the US that doesn't charge an international conversion fee. That fee can be a disclosed fixed fee like others have reported or a hidden fee in the conversion rate which is what your credit card company apparently does. In any event, there is an additional cost over being a UK resident with a UK bank account or credit card for Amazon.co.uk purchases.

[quote name='bojay1997']No, I just have 20 years of experience dealing with international transactions and I know that there is not a single credit card company or bank in the US that doesn't charge an international conversion fee. That fee can be a disclosed fixed fee like others have reported or a hidden fee in the conversion rate which is what your credit card company apparently does. In any event, there is an additional cost over being a UK resident with a UK bank account or credit card for Amazon.co.uk purchases.[/QUOTE]

The way I'm interpreting what you stated above is that I would have either a transaction fee or a higher exchange rate than a bank that doesn't have a transaction fee for international purchases. Please let me know if I misunderstand as I am simply stating that is not true.

My experience as a consumer, having thoroughly researched the matter with both my bank and my credit union, indicates that my card that carries no transaction fee for international purchases has a more favorable exchange rate than the card that is available that does carry a transaction fee. If that puts me outside of the normal for cards, so be it.

The bottom line in my argument is that there are many, many credit cards available through a multitude of different locations that all have different fees/rates/etc. Everyone should do their research (as I have) to find the one that works best for their income and shopping habits. In my case, I chose a card that does not carry a transaction fee for international purchases and one that has an exchange rate that typically matches the xe.com rates.

Is it only PSP the only systems were you can play games from the UK on american systems?

Or can you play UK DS or 360 games on my US devices?

[quote name='adriley313']Is it only PSP the only systems were you can play games from the UK on american systems?

Or can you play UK DS or 360 games on my US devices?[/QUOTE]

It depends on region locking, but you should be able to play most PSP, DS, and PS3 games without a hitch. There are a few exceptions (some copies of Tales of Eternia PSP, for example, hang up on US PSPs), so it's always best to do some research.

[quote name='thelonepig']It depends on region locking, but you should be able to play most PSP, DS, and PS3 games without a hitch. There are a few exceptions (some copies of Tales of Eternia PSP, for example, hang up on US PSPs), so it's always best to do some research.[/QUOTE]

IIRC ToE was broken on any PSP and they reprinted working copies.

I also remember something about DSi/XL being region locked but DS Lite+Phat being region free. Did I mishear or...

oh ok
i have a DSi and DSI XL
Been trying to get a spare DS lite to play GBA games on.
Maybe ill hold of importing ds games till i know more information.

Next I need is Persona and Dissidia. I have a feeling the 2nd is gonna be pricey.

[quote name='adriley313']oh ok
i have a DSi and DSI XL
Been trying to get a spare DS lite to play GBA games on.
Maybe ill hold of importing ds games till i know more information.

Next I need is Persona and Dissidia. I have a feeling the 2nd is gonna be pricey.[/QUOTE]

Get a GBA SP instead, the one with the newer back lit screens. Playing GBA games on a DSL is nowhere near as nice as playing it on an actual SP as you'll see games in their native resolution (on the DSL, the image doesn't fill the whole screen). Plus, the SP can play all Gameboy/Color games too.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']IIRC ToE was broken on any PSP and they reprinted working copies.

I also remember something about DSi/XL being region locked but DS Lite+Phat being region free. Did I mishear or...[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize that about ToE, and you're understanding of the DSi/XL/DSL/DS is the same as mine. Sorry I wasn't more specific; I'd forgotten about the later iterations of the DS altogether.

[quote name='62t']http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=14426

White Knight Chronicles Origins PSP for £12.99. Sony isnt bringing the second game in the US, and there is no publisher and release date for a US PSP release[/QUOTE]

The second game is getting a US release, courtesy of D3 Publisher, IIRC. It should be coming out in early August. I haven't heard anything on the US PSP release either and am waiting for the WKC 2 before I try to work my way into the series.

[quote name='popaloo']regarding the Arcana Heart 3 LE that i preorder off dvd.co.uk, it shows in the confirmation email as "not in stock", which is odd considering its not even out yet, but no complaint there.

It's only when i add other things to the cart, and go all the way to checkout that it says "out of stock" on every single item...even though i made sure it said "in stock and ready to be despatched within 24 hours" on everything i clicked on.

Rare occurrence? or is the dvd.co.uk just messing with me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, dvd.co.uk just lists preorders as 'not in stock'. Terrible way to describe it IMO, but it's just the way they do it :)

[quote name='adriley313']Is it only PSP the only systems were you can play games from the UK on american systems?

Or can you play UK DS or 360 games on my US devices?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thelonepig']It depends on region locking, but you should be able to play most PSP, DS, and PS3 games without a hitch. There are a few exceptions (some copies of Tales of Eternia PSP, for example, hang up on US PSPs), so it's always best to do some research.[/QUOTE]

Confirming what thelonepig said. I have tonnes of Asian and European games for my DS, PSP, and PS3 and they work fine. I had to get a Japanese Wii for some games though.

[quote name='Vinny']Get a GBA SP instead, the one with the newer back lit screens. Playing GBA games on a DSL is nowhere near as nice as playing it on an actual SP as you'll see games in their native resolution (on the DSL, the image doesn't fill the whole screen). Plus, the SP can play all Gameboy/Color games too.[/QUOTE]

ya my mom keeps forgeting to send mine to me
or else ill just have to buy one

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']IIRC ToE was broken on any PSP and they reprinted working copies.

I also remember something about DSi/XL being region locked but DS Lite+Phat being region free. Did I mishear or...[/QUOTE]

TOE had a bug where the game would lock up at a certain point and not be completed (honestly how the hell do you miss that?!) Its fixed on those that have a firmware beyond 2.5 i believe. Id have to double check online but im pretty sure that was the cut off point. For that reason its better to buy a used copy and have people check the version before you purchase it.

btw adriley many 360 games are also region free. I have/have had 10 or so UK 360 games and all but 2 have been region free, so do some homework on those.

Just got my Dissidia Legacy edition
Came alone is a bubble mailer but looks great
Hopefully 3rd Birthday will be here 2moro

Is the fact that the Arcana Heart 3 LE isn't on Zavvi or thehut by now a good indication that it's just not going to be available through them? They're generally pretty good at at least getting game SKUs in their system early, so I'm kind of starting to wonder. It's barely a month away.

[quote name='fwbweux']Is the fact that the Arcana Heart 3 LE isn't on Zavvi or thehut by now a good indication that it's just not going to be available through them? They're generally pretty good at at least getting game SKUs in their system early, so I'm kind of starting to wonder. It's barely a month away.[/QUOTE]
Wondering about this too...I might have to make an HMV account just for this.

[quote name='elessar123']Would have ordered it til I saw the shipping cost.[/QUOTE]

Yep, they are charging $60 to ship the same LE other retailers are charging a few dollars to ship and all you're getting extra is a small mouse pad. Totally ridiculous.

[quote name='bojay1997']Yep, they are charging $60 to ship the same LE other retailers are charging a few dollars to ship and all you're getting extra is a small mouse pad. Totally ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

It's not all that unexpected for smaller online retailers (especially given the limited print run - 500 units). They will likely sell out without taking a single international order. In that case, I can completely see not wanting to deal with the headache of international shipping. Charging exorbitant rates for international shipping essentially solves the problem - they likely won't have to deal with the extra headache... and if they do, they get paid nicely for it.

Thanks but no thanks on the sugoi oppai dai gyunyu mune desu bundle, zen united :roll: Guess I'll just go ahead and order the standard...limited...thing from hmv.

[quote name='adriley313']wheres the best place to get this game??[/QUOTE]

Arcana Heart 3 game only? Sendit.com

Otherwise, HMV for the collector's, or Zen United for the Booby edition.

I ordered the Limited Edition from DVD.Co.UK and it cost me $58.80, including shipping, going by conversion rates.

Before the Limited Edition popped up, I was with Zavvi with their awesome low price and had to let that go. I did inquire them about if they were carrying it and this is what they had to say:

[quote name='Zavvi Customer Service']Thanks for your email.

At the moment we do not have the limited edition Arcana Heart 3 available. Please check the website regularly and if we are able to get hold of the limited edition version we will put it on the website.

Regards

Kathryn[/QUOTE]

So, it's kinda vague, but at this point I just went with DVD.CO.UK

[quote name='Fizz_Usagi']I ordered the Limited Edition from DVD.Co.UK and it cost me $58.80, including shipping, going by conversion rates.
[/QUOTE]
I think your conversion is off, unless you got some kind of discount.

39.99 pounds equals 65.88 dollars

[quote name='Ionotropic']I think your conversion is off, unless you got some kind of discount.

39.99 pounds equals 65.88 dollars[/QUOTE]

39.99 includes VAT, I would guess, which he didn't have to pay.

[quote name='thelonepig']39.99 includes VAT, I would guess, which he didn't have to pay.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, pre-orders aren't charged VAT... it costs 33.33 GBP without VAT, which is roughly $58.

just got my lord of arcana slayer edition in a bubble mailer and its crap
the box is bent in places and looks smashed
yaaaaaaa

Im thinking about that Arcana Heart LE......that damn Booby Pad is so enticing. And it would match perfectly with my Record of Agarest War Booby pad.....

But the game just looks sort of meh...

[quote name='Ionotropic']Anyone know if Persona 2 Innocent Sin is getting a UK CE?[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping for the same thing. It was in my Amazon Gold Box yesterday, but I figured I'd wait and see what else is announced on it in terms of possible CEs.

bread's done
Back