EXCLUSIVE NES, PERSONA, AND SMASH 3DS XL COMING TO GAMESTOP

JamesKelly09

CAGiversary!
On September 19, gamers will be able to walk into their local GameStop and walk out with a Smash Bros. themed 3DS XL in anticipation of the game's release on October 3. A week after Smash hits the handheld, another GameStop exclusive 3DS will be available, this one modeled on the console that started it all for Nintendo, the NES. The system itself is modeled on the NES controller, while the box will resemble the console itself.

Finally, it was announced that on November 25, GameStop will offer a Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth 3DS XL. 

All three of the handhelds will retail for $200.

3dsxl-smashbrosrenderredsmjpg-3a49c3_960w.jpg

3dsxlnesbundlebox-1jpg-b3447d_960w.jpg

3dsxlpersonaq-1jpg-b3447e_960w.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
NES one is pretty goddamn sexy but yeah no new 3DS' for me until they are the new model, seems dumb to pay MSRP for a model that has a definitive ticking shelf life.

I'm sure all of these will sell out though.
Your MOM is sexy!!

Are you kidding? There were A LOT more DS variations.
I found this hard to believe and I tried looking this up, but there's just way too many factors to consider due to regions and release type (ie, retail vs promotional). It would take forever to figure it out all but you definitely appear to be right. I never realized there were so many types of DSes.

It still feels like, in terms of NA retail releases, there are substantially more 3DS variants than there were GB/DS variants, especially given the 3DS has only been out for ~3 years. Or I might just be getting old and losing my ind, I dunno.

Anyone have a sku for the NES one? Just called my local Gamestop and was told the skus are in the system for pre-order they're just untitled right now.

The NES 3DS looks amazing! @_@

When the new 3DS comes out, will the current 3DS be useless? Will the manufacturers stop producing games for it?

the least cool out of the three is the Smash 3ds.  I would love to get the NES one, but i rather save my money for the new 3ds and wait for a variant on that since i already have a M&L xl already.

Was it confirmed that there will be TWO Smash XLs?  I'm definately going to get the NES and Persona ones but would like to hold off on the Smash ones until there's at least a sale.

Was it confirmed that there will be TWO Smash XLs? I'm definately going to get the NES and Persona ones but would like to hold off on the Smash ones until there's at least a sale.
I was wondering this too... I thought the originally said there would be two smash 3DS XL's but does that account for the GS exclusive? Or would that make three?

If one of the two is the Gamestop exclusive (red) is the other one exclusive to a particular retailer? I remember someone positing an ad scan of it in the upcoming walmart ad so they will at least have it... and correct me if I'm wrong... it's blue right?

I've been thinking...that Persona 3DS kind of gave me an idea that there could be a Layton V. Wright 3DS with the cover of the Historia Labrynthia or the Grand Grimoire on it...*sigh* That'll never happen btw..  :-({|=

Both the Blue and Red Smash 3DS XLs will be at all major retailers.  I would guess that those are the two 3DS consoles that will be pushed through the holidays since Smash is Nintendo's marquee 2014 game.

lol nintendo trying to cash in on suckers before the new 3ds comes out. NES design looks bad with the controller layout on the outside instead of where the controls are. persona 3ds doesnt even come with the game lol.

lol nintendo trying to cash in on suckers before the new 3ds comes out. NES design looks bad with the controller layout on the outside instead of where the controls are. persona 3ds doesnt even come with the game lol.
yeah these are quite sad but you know the mouth breathers will still buy it lol

Wonder why they did this? Especially when you consider the GBA SP design.

[quote name="kidjohnz" post="12083316" timestamp="1410384664"]The NES 3DS looks amazing! @_@

When the new 3DS comes out, will the current 3DS be useless? Will the manufacturers stop producing games for it?[/quote]

I don't know but I am guessing that is what will happen, however the old one will still play your 3ds and DS games. I assume that when the new platform comes out most big releases will move to that. I also assume that the old one might play the games but there might be exclusive features for playing them on the new one, such as amiibo functionality in smash which you won't be able to use on the regular 3ds as far as I know. Xenoblade also will not be playable on the current 3ds. Although level 5 is supposed to bring yokai watch to the states in 2015 so that is at least one more regular 3ds game that is coming.

Was it confirmed that there will be TWO Smash XLs? I'm definately going to get the NES and Persona ones but would like to hold off on the Smash ones until there's at least a sale.
Gamestop.com has both blue and red up for preorder on the site now. They also aren't listed as Gamestop exclusives like the Persona or NES versions.

I really hope Nintendo is at least being paid millions by GameStop so they can get these exclusive items.. At least so they are getting something for putting us through this torture.

Knowing Nintendo they are so stupid they are probably paying gamestop for the "privilege"

Resellers may still take a part in this. Think about it. They buy these and then sell on ebay or cragslist saying "exclusive 3ds XL thay can play the newest pokemon and super smash bros. Was exclusive to one store and already sold out. Make your child's Christmas a special one." Or something along those lines haha

Edit: as for me, I will have tk stick to sharing my brother's launch 3ds until the new models come out due to funds and rationality. More to funds though haha

You guys saying these systems will be obsolete and unwanted because of the "new" 3DS XL coming out, it doesn't matter to the general public. The Pikachu 3DS XL system is still selling for $300-$500 on ebay even after the announcement of the "new" 3DS XL. I dont know how limited the NES and Persona ones are going to be, but there is a probability one of those might end up like the Pikachu one.

I was conflicted about the PersonaQ 3DS XL, but I'm going to hold out and hope that maybe, just maybe, we might get that sweet Monster Hunter 4 new 3DS in the states.

So, before people start dropping money on the retro themed 3DS...save your money and go to Decalgirl and buy a better looking retro NES skin for a fraction of the price. You know, one that will make it actually look like an old school NES console and not a NES controller slapped on the cover.

At least the Persona one is pretty.

How dumb...I'd get the NES one (even though I never had a NES), if it was the New 3DSXL.

I guess I'll instead hope that the New 3DSXL comes with some sweet, limited edition skin, like Fire Emblem or Charizard.

Just preordered the NES one online. These are the only US Variant 3DSes that have been exclusive to just one retailer. Adding in the quality of the look, I think this could be worth more than MSRP down the road.
Wasn't the Mickey Mouse 3DS exclusive to Walmart & 2DS w/Minnie Mouse case exclusive to GS?

Also if you don't think that Persona 3DS won't be as limited as Pikachu you're crazy.

The new 3DS announced also has sliding custom covers ala cell phones, so you should be able to swap skins much easier with em.  Only problem is of course they won't be out in NA/Europe until 2015 (release in Japan Oct 11th this year).  So yeah, unless you are gonna collect these or something its better waiting.

I want that persona one soo bad, but I am already pissed to recently have become the proud owner of a 3ds that could become obsolete for new games in a year, why the Bloody Mary would I want to be the proud owner of 2 obsolete consoles when i could have used that money to buy a next gen console that would last me 5+ years?

I want that persona one soo bad, but I am already pissed to recently have become the proud owner of a 3ds that could become obsolete for new games in a year, why the Bloody Mary would I want to be the proud owner of 2 obsolete consoles when i could have used that money to buy a next gen console that would last me 5+ years?
You don't seem to be proud.

Ugh. I've done fairly well for myself this month but I should save up for tuition.

I think I will get a Smash and a Persona XL.

When does New 3DS release?

I've said this before but Nintendo is really milking these 3DS variants.

Yes, they've historically done color variants for their portables but it seems like there's more 3DS variations than all GB/DS variations combined.

Not gonna lie though, the box for the NES version is bad ass.
Nintendo has been milking Mario and other series for over twenty years. Some for over thirty. That's all Nintendo does. People can bitch and moan about COD all they want, but Nintendo is on a level of ineptitude that no other company will ever match, let alone surpass. The only thing that sells Nintendo products these days is the brand name, not the dated product. I bought a 3DS XL, and man, I sure do regret it. I'm going to sell it off on eBay soon. What a money pit...

bread's done
Back