EXCLUSIVE NES, PERSONA, AND SMASH 3DS XL COMING TO GAMESTOP

JamesKelly09

CAGiversary!
On September 19, gamers will be able to walk into their local GameStop and walk out with a Smash Bros. themed 3DS XL in anticipation of the game's release on October 3. A week after Smash hits the handheld, another GameStop exclusive 3DS will be available, this one modeled on the console that started it all for Nintendo, the NES. The system itself is modeled on the NES controller, while the box will resemble the console itself.

Finally, it was announced that on November 25, GameStop will offer a Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth 3DS XL. 

All three of the handhelds will retail for $200.

3dsxl-smashbrosrenderredsmjpg-3a49c3_960w.jpg

3dsxlnesbundlebox-1jpg-b3447d_960w.jpg

3dsxlpersonaq-1jpg-b3447e_960w.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendo has been milking Mario and other series for over twenty years. Some for over thirty. That's all Nintendo does. People can bitch and moan about COD all they want, but Nintendo is on a level of ineptitude that no other company will ever match, let alone surpass. The only thing that sells Nintendo products these days is the brand name, not the dated product. I bought a 3DS XL, and man, I sure do regret it. I'm going to sell it off on eBay soon. What a money pit...

That's what Nintendo does, rehash and reuse virtually everything. I mean in the past decade how many games has Nintendo made that was actually original or new? And no games like xenoblades or wonderful 101 don't count since Nintendo only published them, they didn't actually create them. Even Metroid other m doesn't count because they didn't make it. I grew up with Nintendo and I still have a soft spot for them but with all the ridiculous business decisions they make and the fact they still jerk off the same old franchises made them lose their luster a long time ago and my interest has faded greatly. I mean jesus even "new" super Mario has a ds game, a 3ds game, a wii game, and 2 wiiu games (new super luigi being 2nd) and they are all the same game.

Even their hardware is all rehashes and repaints. Wii is just a gamecube with a new controller, wiiu is just a wii with a new controller and small upgrades, 3dsxl is a bigger 3ds, 3ds is a dsi, dsi is a dslite, dslite is a ds. Then you have the over abundance of limited edition and color variants they crank out when the cocaine bucket goes dry. They just bump a system with a new gimmick no one wants with each new hardware release. Whether it be 3d or a waggle remote, or a big ass tablet its all crap that doesn't actually improve or innovate their games. Granted xbo, xbox 360, xbox one, ps3 and ps4 are just upgraded versions of the previous console but atleast each time the hardware makes a significant bump up and they continue to get software/service improvements and more options but Christ nintendos online setup is still a joke compared to everyother gaming platform on the market, even the vita has better hardware improvements and better online than anything Nintendo has.

Oh and where is the deal? I only find MSRP prices in here.

Here I was thinking to myself, "Its a good thing I won't have to buy another 3ds color".  Then I get hit with smash, nes, and persona!!!!!!!!!! There goes $600 bucks. Good thing I flipped my ass off these last promos.

No the reason we thought this is the misleading title and description that makes it seem like the smash one is exclusive
Exactly. The title is misleading as fuck then.

If both red and blue smash 3DS XL consoles can be purchased anywhere I'm not sure why they are even being discussed in the tittle, OP or elsewhere in the thread since you will certainly get a better deal on them anywhere outside of Gamestop.

The NES one is cool but who is going to buy one knowing the new type will be out next year. I've waited this long for one I can wait for the new version...
Right, and when you're using it, it's still upside down. Apple learned this years ago with their Macbook line - amazing Nintendo still hasn't.

Right, and when you're using it, it's still upside down. Apple learned this years ago with their Macbook line - amazing Nintendo still hasn't.
There's a lot of things Nintendo hasn't learned yet.

I was really starting to think Nintendo was getting things right until recently. Even with all of these questionable hardware decisions, it's good that they have a solid line up of games. I would love to double dip on Xenoblade but I can live without it since it looks like ass on the small screen (based on videos).

Put down money for a Persona one today, and yeah, they're selling this as a generic SKU that the computer will update later.

Which is horseshit. If something's exclusive, you know about it far in advance of the date, there's no reason it should say "Assigned SKU" instead of "Persona Q 3DSXL System" or something like that.

Also it's $50 down, not $25

Wouldn't mind grabbing one of the NES ones, just so it could match my GBA NES one, but with the new model coming out I doubt it's worth it.

I have enough willpower to resist buying these. However, I may be in trouble in Nov when Pokemon Alpha and Omega comes out. Any news on a special Pokemon 3DS?

What a missed opportunity. Why not release the New 3DS with these designs? Plus aren't they gonna stop making these normal 3DSes when the new ones come out? Similar to the old DS and the DSi/DS lite/DS etc... 

bread's done
Back