F.E.A.R. FILES (360) - $9.99 w/free shipping at Newegg

It's a stand alone game on the Xbox though, I think. It was two expansion packs on PC.

They're supposed to be decent, but not as good as Fear 1 or 2, as they're not by the same developer as Fear 1 and 2, as I understand it (at least the second one isn't).

It's got to be better than Eat Lead and the boomerang game at least :lol:

[quote name='earvcunanan']Is it true that this is scarier than F.E.A.R. and F.E.A.R. 2?[/QUOTE]

IMO, FEAR isn't that scary at all. i doubt this one is scarier than the other fear games.

Well, it's Resident Evil level of scary, which is about my limit :lol:

(I mean F.E.A.R. 1 is, don't know about the expansions)

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Just FYI, these games are non-canonical[/QUOTE]
Not sure if that even matters to most gamers. A good experience is a good experience, biblical-related or not.

I'm currently playing through the PC version of Perseus Mandate. It's really exciting!

I picked up all of the PC versions of Fear 1 and the expansions over the past week. Gonna marathon them all. I know I'm starting with the one released last, but whatever. It was the one I bought first.

Does "expansion" mean you need FEAR 1 for this to work on your 360. Or can you just stick in the FEAR Files disk without needing to insert FEAR 1 first?

Does it still have the the wacky loud footsteps that no matter whether you're barely walking or walking full pace they're there? Who ever was in charge of the sound design should have been hit in the back of the head with a wooden clog.

I should probably order this and FEAR 2, but I'm kind of pissed I can't get a new copy of the original on 360 for a decent price anymore.

[quote name='luxarific']Does "expansion" mean you need FEAR 1 for this to work on your 360. Or can you just stick in the FEAR Files disk without needing to insert FEAR 1 first?[/QUOTE]

For the 360, they are both standalone games. The two expansion packs on the Fear Files disc are ready to go.

For the PC, the Extraction Point expansion pack requires Fear 1. Perseus Mandate is standalone.

[quote name='Chuplayer']For the 360, they are both standalone games. The two expansion packs on the Fear Files disc are ready to go.

For the PC, the Extraction Point expansion pack requires Fear 1. Perseus Mandate is standalone.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification!

This game has some sucky graphics. I would say somewhere between the original Xbox and launch Xbox 360 game's graphics. I thought it was pretty fun though. And no it's not scary cause your HUD always flickers right before something paranormal happens. So for instance if your HUD starts to flicker usually like a second later Alma appears so it's not very surprising.

The game's not new anymore. Of course the graphics aren't going to be super awesome.

I found Perseus Mandate to be a bit more effective in its scare tactics than in the original when I played it on the 360 years ago. Anyway, there are lots of exciting gun fights in that one. It lacks in other areas, but the fights are awesome.

bread's done
Back