Facebook Summer Arcade Xbla Giveaway

First it says there are no codes left for the week, then I refresh, and the curtains won't open. I love the free arcade games and all, but this app could have been programmed a lot better than it has.

Edit: Once again, I hate Microsoft contests so much. Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet isn't supposed to start until tomorrow according to the terms and conditions, but here we are, and nobody can play. From Dust should still be going, and it's not...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Conkerkid11']First it says there are no codes left for the week, then I refresh, and the curtains won't open. I love the free arcade games and all, but this app could have been programmed a lot better than it has.

Edit: Once again, I hate Microsoft contests so much. Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet isn't supposed to start until tomorrow according to the terms and conditions, but here we are, and nobody can play. From Dust should still be going, and it's not...[/QUOTE]

Which T&C are you talking about? The ones that say this is open to UK residents? I believe it resets at midnight GMT. No one has been able to play since they reset, most likely because it was well past business hours there. I'm sure it will be stocked with ITSP codes by the time you wake up.

[quote name='louiedog']Which T&C are you talking about? The ones that say this is open to UK residents? I believe it resets at midnight GMT. No one has been able to play since they reset, most likely because it was well past business hours there. I'm sure it will be stocked with ITSP codes by the time you wake up.[/QUOTE]
Wow, didn't notice the UK only thing, wonder why I've been able to win. XD

[quote name='Conkerkid11']Wow, didn't notice the UK only thing, wonder why I've been able to win. XD[/QUOTE]

The point is that maybe you should read the T&C a little closer if you're going to complain about Microsoft not following them, which they are. You're the one who isn't.

Damn, missed out on From Dust. :(

[quote name='firepelt97']The odds of winning for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet are 1/2000.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get those odds from? :O

[quote name='firepelt97']The odds of winning for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet are 1/2000.[/QUOTE]From the T&C:
"SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winners will be determined by a random prize draw. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. If a person wins they will receive a game code on screen."

Therefore, firepelt97 must know the exact number of plays that will be tried until the ITSP period is over and how many codes are available, and has calculated the odds thusly.

Unless otherwise and he can relinquish his source.

[quote name='eugaet']From the T&C:
"SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winners will be determined by a random prize draw. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. If a person wins they will receive a game code on screen."

Therefore, firepelt97 must know the exact number of plays that will be tried until the ITSP period is over and how many codes are available, and has calculated the odds thusly.

Unless otherwise and he can relinquish his source.[/QUOTE]

What does it mean by depending on the number of entries received? I am confused :S I also still have yet to win a code for all three of the Summer of Arcade. :(

[quote name='garrett9418']What does it mean by depending on the number of entries received? I am confused :S I also still have yet to win a code for all three of the Summer of Arcade. :([/QUOTE]

It means that your odds change depending on how many people enter, likely because the number of codes is fixed. Basically, the more people there are that enter, the worse your chances are. If they have 10 codes to give out and 100 people enter, your odds are 1:10. If they have those same 10 codes but 1000 people enter the odds change to 1:100.

I'm making these numbers up just to illustrate how it works. They have no basis in real numbers associated with the contest.

Say, if anyone who doesn't want their code, or can't use it wants to give it away, I'd love a code for this game. This and From Dust are the two I wanted to get this summer. It'd be awesome if someone could help a brother out!

Source: http://xboxsummerofarcade.com/scripts/competition.php

Edit: Also, if you click on this link, I think it uses one of your turns, and if you win by clicking on that link, the key should show up on the page. Not completely sure about that though.

Looks like it changes

[quote name='eugaet']From the T&C:

Unless otherwise and he can relinquish his source.[/QUOTE]

This would explain why the odds change.

Sweet, I won Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet! Thanks OP! Wasn't able to win Bastion or From Dust, but I'm happy with a free copy of ITSP. :D

[quote name='volcombrandon']congrats to you both.. i really have the WORST luck with this app.. can barely get 2 x's sometimes.. looks like i'll never win off of this :/[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain. It took me about a week of trying with over 6 accounts each day until I finally won today. I tried to win some more with some of my other accounts so I could give them away to other CAGs, but now it's telling me that all the codes are used up for the day. I'll try again later and if I win, I'll give it away to a fellow CAG!

[quote name='mkivsuptt']I feel your pain. It took me about a week of trying with over 6 accounts each day until I finally won today. I tried to win some more with some of my other accounts so I could give them away to other CAGs, but now it's telling me that all the codes are used up for the day. I'll try again later and if I win, I'll give it away to a fellow CAG![/QUOTE]

Instead of making all of those accounts you could have went out and got a job, worked an hour and paid for the game just like that...

[quote name='mkivsuptt']I feel your pain. It took me about a week of trying with over 6 accounts each day until I finally won today. I tried to win some more with some of my other accounts so I could give them away to other CAGs, but now it's telling me that all the codes are used up for the day. I'll try again later and if I win, I'll give it away to a fellow CAG![/QUOTE]

Well if you win another you can gladly send it my way :) but the odds are against us all lol.

[quote name='musha666']Instead of making all of those accounts you could have went out and got a job, worked an hour and paid for the game just like that...[/QUOTE]

Um, where did I ever say that I don't have a job, moron? I have a job making Facebook apps/games (that's why I have all these Facebook accounts). Also, you realize what site you're on, right? It's Cheap Ass Gamer, not Pay Full Price Gamer.

[quote name='volcombrandon']Well if you win another you can gladly send it my way :) but the odds are against us all lol.[/QUOTE]

You got it. :) If I do win another, it's yours!

[quote name='musha666']Instead of making all of those accounts you could have went out and got a job, worked an hour and paid for the game just like that...[/QUOTE]

soooooooooooooo salty. salt salt salt SALT lick lick lick

Regarding the odds listed, and why they seem to change, it looks like it is likely linked to the number of people who 'like' the page/app. Yesterday, the odds were 1/3500 and there were just under 3500 likes. Today, the odds are 1/4000 and the likes are now closer to 3600. I imagine if the likes reach 4001, the odds will change to 1/4500...

[quote name='eugaet']Regarding the odds listed, and why they seem to change, it looks like it is likely linked to the number of people who 'like' the page/app. Yesterday, the odds were 1/3500 and there were just under 3500 likes. Today, the odds are 1/4000 and the likes are now closer to 3600. I imagine if the likes reach 4001, the odds will change to 1/4500...[/QUOTE]
If that's true that is a cruel irony, because I'm sure a whole lot of people "Like" the page because they thin it will help them win :)

If anyone has a code for a game they don't want, I have a Resistance 3 beta code that I am not using. I've tried everyday and nothing so far. It sucks that I found out about this contest a few hours after the first days codes were gone. I really wanted Bastion. :(

Tried every day since it started, and still nada. Once, and just once, I got two x's in a row. Thought maybe that was The Day. Instead... damn frownie face.

Ah well. I would love to get ITSP, so I'll keep trying. But my hopes are quickly diminishing. I hate to be "that guy", but if someone else wins two codes, I would love to talk about a trade.

All I've got to trade is Limbo on PSN, but if anyone's super lucky with this and is interested in that, let me know.

Glad to know that I am not the only one who has been doing this since day 1 and nothing. I got 2 X's a couple of times, but that's it.

But, I am glad to see that they are giving things away like this.

Won bastion on the first day this was posted but have struck out on anything since. Guess I'm lucky to have just won that one atleast

[quote name='robwhois'] Won bastion on the first day this was posted but have struck out on anything since. Guess I'm lucky to have just won that one atleast [/QUOTE]

HEY!!! How you do it??? Please tell me, me trying a 1 week and nothing :cry:

[quote name='Scorp333']HEY!!! How you do it??? Please tell me, me trying a 1 week and nothing :cry:[/QUOTE]

what do you want him to tell you? All you do is click and if you win, great. There's no magic to winning, it's random.

No words for this game. Instead, take a look at something I made to express my feelings for it.

7dd8c13b-14ff-4546-9cde-16e62bc49644.jpg

[quote name='Mr Blitzkrieg'] No words for this game. Instead, take a look at something I made to express my feelings for it.

7dd8c13b-14ff-4546-9cde-16e62bc49644.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You are right on all 100% Me feeling too it, when me strikes 2X and NOTHING!!!!:cry:

bread's done
Back