Facebook Summer Arcade Xbla Giveaway

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Be happy that your able to play becuase I've never played and probably won't have the chance to.[/QUOTE]

And what exactly is preventing you from creating your own Facebook account to play? It's not like it costs money or credit card info.

[quote name='nypickle']And what exactly is preventing you from creating your own Facebook account to play? It's not like it costs money or credit card info.[/QUOTE]

Come on man, do you think im an idiot. I have a facebook just for things like this, actually that's my only FB account since FB is dumb ( Don't troll on me)/ Everytime I hit play I get that fuckin message of come again the next day. 3 days in a row I've gotten that message and haven't played. It's fine, Im not that big of a fan of this year's SOA, but a free code wouldn' hurt at all.

I won today :)
Thank you so much for this thread I would never have known about this promotion if it wasent for this thread.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Come on man, do you think im an idiot. I have a facebook just for things like this, actually that's my only FB account since FB is dumb ( Don't troll on me)/ Everytime I hit play I get that fuckin message of come again the next day. 3 days in a row I've gotten that message and haven't played. It's fine, Im not that big of a fan of this year's SOA, but a free code wouldn' hurt at all.[/QUOTE]

I believe he thought you were implying that you didn't have a FB account. Mainly since so many people complain about FB giveaways, citing that they don't want to make a FB account. It's a stupid reason to not participate in a FB contest.

Anyway, it's just a misunderstanding. No need to fret :cool:

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I believe he thought you were implying that you didn't have a FB account. Mainly since so many people complain about FB giveaways, citing that they don't want to make a FB account. It's a stupid reason to not participate in a FB contest.

Anyway, it's just a misunderstanding. No need to fret :cool:[/QUOTE]

exactly. A lot of people complain that Twitter/Facebook "sucks" and then start asking people to post codes they dont want or beg for codes when its a matter of just making an account and getting your own code. In this instance there is no guarantee of a win, but the same thing happens and people want others to do the work for them.

Wasn't an attack on anyone's intelligence merely wondering if you actually did make an account and try to win yourself.

[quote name='nypickle']exactly. A lot of people complain that Twitter/Facebook "sucks" and then start asking people to post codes they dont want or beg for codes when its a matter of just making an account and getting your own code. In this instance there is no guarantee of a win, but the same thing happens and people want others to do the work for them.

Wasn't an attack on anyone's intelligence merely wondering if you actually did make an account and try to win yourself.[/QUOTE]

No no that's fine. I guess i was alittle late to the party. Like I said Im not a fan of any of the SOA games ( Toy Soldiers seems ok) so Im not really missing out on anything that big to me anyways. ;)

[quote name='sir-fly']i think its just random luck, but the 3 have never been 3xs in a row they are always spaced out. i won the 1st 3 games with the same pattern but the last 2 where different .
pick the top left corner 1st or the middle bottom 1st, try to mess your board up so u cant get 3 yellow xs on the same row{since i never won with 3 in a row} i hope that helps[/QUOTE]

It's predetermined.

If you don't believe me, then http://xboxsummerofarcade.com/scripts/competition.php

[quote name='firepelt97']It's predetermined.

If you don't believe me, then decompile the swf.[/QUOTE]

so why you telling me? no one cares . for 1 i won all 5 games and 2 the contest is down to the last game

[quote name='sir-fly']so why you telling me? no one cares . for 1 i won all 5 games and 2 the contest is down to the last game[/QUOTE]

Okay, here are you odds:

It's a binomial situation with n = 30, p = 1/3000, q = 2999/3000, x = 5

P(x = 5) = (30C5) * (1/3000)^5 * (2999/3000)^25 = 5.8 * 10^-13

So your chance of winning is about: 0.00000000000058. Million dollar lotteries have better odds than that, so unless you show us your gamertag as proof, then it's :roll: from me.

[quote name='MrPiggles']Okay, here are you odds:

It's a binomial situation with n = 30, p = 1/3000, q = 2999/3000, x = 5

P(x = 5) = (30C5) * (1/3000)^5 * (2999/3000)^25 = 5.8 * 10^-13

So your chance of winning is about: 0.00000000000058. Million dollar lotteries have better odds than that, so unless you show us your gamertag as proof, then it's :roll: from me.[/QUOTE]
i will pm u my gamertag if thats ok with u, my method worked for me and thats all that matters to me..
in fact anyone can check my gamer tag. why are you 2 hounding me anyway lol

my gamer tag silenced the critics (jk)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='firepelt97']At one point the odds for From Dust were 1/750. And I didn't check Bastion.

Anyways just wanted to let you know.[/QUOTE]

well just so u know , everyone has there own set of odds with contest and life period

good luck to everyone and if you have a spam facebook acc i will try to win for you just pm me
im not saying im going to win but i am saying i will try for you 2 heads are better than 1

This Is insane,I literally use 16+ facebooks(family and friends) for all the games each day and i have never won a code for any game,I hope I have better luck with Toy Soldiers

[quote name='TealPavelski']Just won a copy of Toy Soldiers: Cold War! It's a pretty fun game! I wish I knew about this sooner. I really want Bastion[/QUOTE]

congrats to you for winning. I've been trying like most people, every single day, with no luck.

[quote name='nypickle']congrats to you for winning. I've been trying like most people, every single day, with no luck.[/QUOTE]

Man i been trying on this.. also so many twitter contest that i still didn't win this just makes me get more mad lol guess can't win all the time even though i never won..

[quote name='MiXmAsTaRoB']Man i been trying on this.. also so many twitter contest that i still didn't win this just makes me get more mad lol guess can't win all the time even though i never won..[/QUOTE]

you might as well keep trying since it only takes about 2 mins of your time a day

[quote name='sir-fly']you might as well keep trying since it only takes about 2 mins of your time a day[/QUOTE]

never said i was giving up on it and might as well try since theres only 2more days left in this who knows can either win or lose..

[quote name='MiXmAsTaRoB']never said i was giving up on it and might as well try since theres only 2more days left in this who knows can either win or lose..[/QUOTE]good luck.
and it sucks there will be no more games after this one

[quote name='nypickle']congrats to you for winning. I've been trying like most people, every single day, with no luck.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I actually won with my sisters Facebook profile, but she doesn't have an Xbox, so I took the code. I wish they would let you choose what game you want. I guess if I win another code I can give it to a friend or sale it on eBay.

I finally won a game (Toy Soldiers CW obviously)! today was only the second I actually tried for TS (have 3 account but access to 6) and won on my alt. I got in on the last day of Bastion (only game I knew I wanted) and tried every day for From Dust and ITSP but no wins (and didn't care for Fruit Ninja).

I'm pretty sure a win is predetermined once you click to play. These so called "odds" I think are just the amount of codes allocated for a set time frame in a day (since the odds do change and codes do run out during a single day).

with that said I'm selling TS:CW for $10, PM me

I wish I knew about this contest/game sooner. I guess I'll just have to buy Bastion eventually. I would like Fruit Ninja Kinect, but I currently do not have a Kinect.

If anyone has a code for Bastion and is willing to sell or give it to me, please PM me.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I finally won a game (Toy Soldiers CW obviously)! today was only the second I actually tried for TS (have 3 account but access to 6) and won on my alt. I got in on the last day of Bastion (only game I knew I wanted) and tried every day for From Dust and ITSP but no wins (and didn't care for Fruit Ninja).

I'm pretty sure a win is predetermined once you click to play. These so called "odds" I think are just the amount of codes allocated for a set time frame in a day (since the odds do change and codes do run out during a single day).

with that said I'm selling TS:CW for $10, PM me[/QUOTE]

Congrats.

I've had no luck yet, trying every single day with 8 accounts. Not to mention that I'm pretty sure this "game" has a mind of its own. I always either get 1 X or 2.

But on the exact last try, I get no X's at all, just a bunch of sad smiley faces. It definitely loves me.

it seems people did not see one of my earlier posts here.

anyway this app that most of us have been using is through the UK Xbox page. The French, German, and Spanish pages all have the app as well. If codes have run out for the day, another option aside from waiting is to visit of the other app pages. simply add "fr", "de", or "es" after the slash.

for example the normal app usually ends with nothing after the "/" or "/uk"
try "/fr" "/de" or "/es" if you don't feel like waiting for codes to be readded.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']it seems people did not see one of my earlier posts here.

anyway this app that most of us have been using is through the UK Xbox page. The French, German, and Spanish pages all have the app as well. If codes have run out for the day, another option aside from waiting is to visit of the other app pages. simply add "fr", "de", or "es" after the slash.

for example the normal app usually ends with nothing after the "/" or "/uk"
try "/fr" "/de" or "/es" if you don't feel like waiting for codes to be readded.[/QUOTE]

That doesn't actually refresh your plays. You still have to wait 24 hours.

[quote name='MrPiggles']That doesn't actually refresh your plays. You still have to wait 24 hours.[/QUOTE]

eh my explanation wasn't that clear. All your "plays" are the same. Trying a different app page allows you to not have to wait for the UK codes to come back

http://apps.facebook.com/xboxsummerofarcade/
http://apps.facebook.com/xboxsummerofarcade/uk

are the same

try one of the following if codes are gone

http://apps.facebook.com/xboxsummerofarcade/fr
http://apps.facebook.com/xboxsummerofarcade/de
http://apps.facebook.com/xboxsummerofarcade/es

this does work as I have used all 3 plays per account during one session since the first day I started this. if the UK page has no more codes I switch to the French one (fr). today when I won, it happened to be on the Spanish one (es) since the UK and FR ones were out.

note that the German one (de) takes about 5 seconds longer since you have to enter your bday the first time you access it

[quote name='Chronorayven']It's over last chance to win codes was Tuesday .. I think ....[/QUOTE]
Codes were gone on Tuesday for the most part.
The only one that wasn't out of codes when I tried was the French one.

Says I won Bastion, news too me since I have yet to play for it and never got any notification saying I won it... anyone getting the same message?

[quote name='r3dreck']Says I won Bastion, news too me since I have yet to play for it and never got any notification saying I won it... anyone getting the same message?[/QUOTE]

The contest is over, and for what ever reason it's telling every one they already one.

[quote name='BlankUsername32']The contest is over, and for what ever reason it's telling every one they already one.[/QUOTE]
Ok thanks, I figured that was the case.

bread's done
Back