Fallout 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 'GOTY' Edition w/All 5 DLC Packs 10.13.09

[quote name='Nealocus123']Do you think they will come out with a GOTY edition? I already had Fallout, beat the crap out of it then traded in, and instead of buying it again and then buying all the DLC and taking up hard drive space it would be really convenient if they released a GOTY edition with it all included. Think it's going to happen?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I think they will but not only could it be years from now. I also think you would still have to install the extra content like in Oblivion GOTY.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Do you think they will come out with a GOTY edition? I already had Fallout, beat the crap out of it then traded in, and instead of buying it again and then buying all the DLC and taking up hard drive space it would be really convenient if they released a GOTY edition with it all included. Think it's going to happen?[/quote]

I read somewhere that they're going to release a version with Operation Anchorage and Broken Steel included. Nothing about The Pitt, though

[quote name='Scorch']I read somewhere that they're going to release a version with Operation Anchorage and Broken Steel included. Nothing about The Pitt, though[/quote]

That's just a DLC pack for $20 that has Anchorage and Pitt, not Broken Steel. People think they're saving Broken Steel to pack in with the 4th DLC pack.

[quote name='KingBroly']That's just a DLC pack for $20 that has Anchorage and Pitt, not Broken Steel. People think they're saving Broken Steel to pack in with the 4th DLC pack.[/quote]
4th DLC pack? I thought Broken Steel was the last one.

crap... I just started up Fallout from my save right before the choice, and I picked going into the room myself, got so much good karma it brought me from Neutral to Very Good, anyone know how I can get my karma down really fast?

[quote name='TruVisionary']crap... I just started up Fallout from my save right before the choice, and I picked going into the room myself, got so much good karma it brought me from Neutral to Very Good, anyone know how I can get my karma down really fast?[/quote]

Obliterate a town.

[quote name='dealer']Obliterate a town.[/quote]
I still regret that since I was going to for a good playthrough... It REALLY messed up my Karma for a long time.

My current character is about as evil as they come because I obliterated a certain town with a nuclear weapon for peanuts way back when I was level 2. While I am trying to get the evil level 20 achievement, I have been making good karma choices since then because after 20 I would like to get back to neutral. However, I am still very evil at level 12. Moral of the story: good to evil = easy, evil to good = not so easy.

Are there any ways to gain good karma other than quests and rescuing the occasional captive from super mutants?

I just wrapped up the game last night and it's pretty strange how they implement the Broken Steel DLC.
"Oh, by the way, we revived you. We know you just saved the world, but can you go ahead and kill everybody else? That would be great ...

[quote name='dropbearGSH']My current character is about as evil as they come because I obliterated a certain town with a nuclear weapon for peanuts way back when I was level 2. While I am trying to get the evil level 20 achievement, I have been making good karma choices since then because after 20 I would like to get back to neutral. However, I am still very evil at level 12. Moral of the story: good to evil = easy, evil to good = not so easy.

Are there any ways to gain good karma other than quests and rescuing the occasional captive from super mutants?[/quote]Donate to the church in Rivet City.

[quote name='DT778']Donate to the church in Rivet City.[/quote]

co-sign. Thats the easiest way to raise your karma.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't bought any of the DLC yet, but I absolutely loved the main game. Spent about 75 hours on my first guy. Should I wait for some kind of bundle/deal/thing?

So, what you guys do at the end of Broken Steel?

I ended up blowing the Citadel the fuck up to get that Callahan magnum in the armory at the bottom of the crater. That thing is BOSSY!

[quote name='Bavgate']So, what you guys do at the end of Broken Steel?

I ended up blowing the Citadel the fuck up to get that Callahan magnum in the armory at the bottom of the crater. That thing is BOSSY!
[/QUOTE]

New murder simultation software allows impressionable children to re-enact the 9/11 attacks on the Pentagon, turning them into violent islamofacists. Tonight at 11.

[quote name='Bavgate']So, what you guys do at the end of Broken Steel?

[/quote]
I used it on those Enclave bastards.... I couldn't forgive them for what they did to Liberty Prime!

I'm attempting to restart Fallout 3 but it's kind of hard going from a bad ass to... a coward.

Hey I was wondering is BS worth the download? I am on the fence since I heard about all of the glitches. I have not downloaded any of the DLC for Fallout 3, but plan to download all of them.

Also if anyone have all three DLC, can you please rank what you think about each download on a scale of 1-10?

If you hit level 20, just download all of them and play through OA and The Pitt until they fix the bugs in BS.

I've only played The Pitt a little bit but I already like it more than OA.

OA felt like BioShock with VATS. It wasn't bad, but it just seemed out of place.

Plus you get some really cool gear at the end :)

2nd that: getting 2 of the best armors in the game and the gauss rifle made OA worth it.

Also thanks for letting me know about the church peoples.

Ok thanks for the heads up. I am downloading all 3 right now. I will not be able to play anytime soon. I have to study for finals, so probably by the time I can play Beshesda would fix the bugs.

Any places good for leveling up? I just finished broken steel and need to work up to level 30. I already put in a huge amount of hours into the game before BS came out so there are literally no missions left for me to do. Kind of disappointed that there weren't more optional missions in BS that offered more exp. but the main three missions were pretty crazy. Not a big fan of the Hellfire Armor. Helmet looks strange.

[quote name='sotc1988']Any places good for leveling up? I just finished broken steel and need to work up to level 30. I already put in a huge amount of hours into the game before BS came out so there are literally no missions left for me to do. Kind of disappointed that there weren't more optional missions in BS that offered more exp. but the main three missions were pretty crazy. Not a big fan of the Hellfire Armor. Helmet looks strange.[/quote]
Well if you aren't against the idea of cheating and you you didn't nuke Megaton you can use the scrap metal glitch to level up. If you are... I guess you can crank the difficulty up and roam the wasteland to grind your way there. I'm not really sure of any good places to grind.

I'll be getting Operation Anchorage and The Pitt on the 26th when they release this:
51ar0H3yyTL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I know there's no savings, but I'd like a Vault Boy poster.

I've played the main game and loved it. Haven't got any of the DLC yet. So for someone in my shoes which of the 3 DLC would you suggest is the best one? BS seems like the best since there is no ending.

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']I've played the main game and loved it. Haven't got any of the DLC yet. So for someone in my shoes which of the 3 DLC would you suggest is the best one? BS seems like the best since there is no ending.[/quote]
BS would be the best one to start with since it it raises the level cap.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'll be getting Operation Anchorage and The Pitt on the 26th when they release this:
51ar0H3yyTL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I know there's no savings, but I'd like a Vault Boy poster.[/quote]

I wish it were Pitt and BS, that would be convenient for me.

[quote name='dropbearGSH']I wish it were Pitt and BS, that would be convenient for me.[/quote]
Yeah, I bought Operation Anchorage but not the Pitt and BS yet, oh well.

[quote name='seanr1221']I wonder why they didn't make a 3 pack with BS.[/quote]
There seems to be a rumor that it will be included on a Disc along with a 4th unannounced DLC pack. Although the rumor is only based on some listings for a DVD containing Broken Steel and Point Lookout.

Odd, My achievement for reaching level 30 with Good Karma shows up but none of my other achievements from BS show up online. I know there are syncing problems with the BS achievements but it seems strange that the level 30 achievement would show up on the x-box website but not any of the others.

Apparently, the BS achievements are fixed if you go to earn them now.

I don't know when they'll fix the problem if you already got them.

Yeah, so Microsoft and Bethesda lied when they said achievements would automatically unlock. I followed the instructions to download my gamertag and all this did was to make the achievements appear but not unlock. Luckily I had the foresight to make game saves before each mission hit its end point so all I had to do was load up those three saves, walk forward to complete it, and voila achievement unlocked. Hopefully nobody got screwed over but when Bethesda is involved, all precautions must be taken.

[quote name='TC']People really get wrapped up in those acheivements.[/quote]
Yep, clearly from my writing you can tell I was literally foaming at the mouth with anger.

Yeah I'm just gonna wait and get Broken Steel, I'm not a patient man when it comes to bugs. That said I did pre-order the Pitt and Operation Anchorage pack with the poster on Amazon. Can't wait to play Fallout 3 again.

[quote name='seanr1221']Apparently, the BS achievements are fixed if you go to earn them now.

I don't know when they'll fix the problem if you already got them.[/quote]

I heard you have to play through the quest again if you want the achievements. I played last night and earned a couple. It kind of sucks that they didn't add more lock picks or computers to hack so we could raise our XP. But i'm loving the ability to continue to earn new perks :D

Got BS in return for blogging the All-Nighter tonight. Picked up Pitt in preparation. I hadn't been planning on getting any DLC, and now it's just a matter of time before I get OA.

Well now I just have to find places to get some more XP. I did the aqua pura caravan quests that were fun. I wish they added a bit more side quests besides those.

bread's done
Back