Fallout 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info - 'GOTY' Edition w/All 5 DLC Packs 10.13.09

I have yet to play any DLC even though I have Anchorage and The Pitt...so I was wondering, are there new Pip-Boy Bobbleheads to collect on the DLC?

I read that there are 20 Pip-Boys in total, DLC included, so I don't know how many Pip-Boys there are without DLC if it's the same then I guess that answers it.

I think I'm going to take a time out from Fallout 3 till the next disc hits shelves...I'm almost at lvl 20 and I don't want to buy Broken Steel on the marketplace, I'd rather get the disc in August with Point Lookout and get another poster :D

So, I simply continue to discover so many other reasons why I feel this is the best game I have ever played.

I finally decided to start a new game and pick up the other karma-related achievements. And as I play, I am discovering all of these little, unmarked quests I missed the first-time around. And believe, I put a LOT of time into my first playthrough. A lot. And I'm still finding all of this fun shit to do.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd fucking love some new radio content. Would gladly pay for it. Despite the fact that I've heard all of it a MILLION times, I still will listen to the radio when I play the game. I love Eden's talks. I love the music Three Dog plays. I think they did an awesome job making the radio stations very entertaining.

Sorry to ask again, but....... is there any reason for me to keep my anchorage/pitt addon disc? Once it's installed that's it isn't it? It's not like I need to keep it to play it, or am I wrong.

Just asking to be possative before I trade it off, any input would be great, I can't seem to find a straightforward answer anywhere.

So just to reconfirm, if I have Broken Steel but not the Pitt or OA, I can continue to level doing the Pitt quests, but not with OA? I'm thinking of picking up that Pitt/OA DLC disk myself.

[quote name='gunm']So just to reconfirm, if I have Broken Steel but not the Pitt or OA, I can continue to level doing the Pitt quests, but not with OA? I'm thinking of picking up that Pitt/OA DLC disk myself.[/QUOTE]

As long as you have Broken Steel you can level up in both the Pitt and Operation Anchorage.

So, having started a new game with all of the DLC already installed, I have noticed that some spoilers might happen if you have Broken Steel.

1) You can encounter Enclave soldiers early in the game.

2) Three Dog will mention that the Brotherhood has retaken Project Purity.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I have yet to play any DLC even though I have Anchorage and The Pitt...so I was wondering, are there new Pip-Boy Bobbleheads to collect on the DLC?[/QUOTE]

No, and they're Vault Boy bobbleheads, not Pip Boy.

I am having some issues getting into Broken Steel. I have a save before I enter the purifier but whatever decision I make, the game still ends. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Ok, I've had broken steel for about 2 weeks now, with plenty of play time. Does anyone else think the new enemies kind of ruin things at high levels?
I was around lvl 24 at the time and I ran into no less than 8 or 10 of the SuperMutant Overlords in vault 87.
Really? It that necessary?

"A Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition will be available in October. It will include the original game plus all five add-ons for $59.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3, and $49.99 for PC."

Linky.

[quote name='ninju D']Ok, I've had broken steel for about 2 weeks now, with plenty of play time. Does anyone else think the new enemies kind of ruin things at high levels?
I was around lvl 24 at the time and I ran into no less than 8 or 10 of the SuperMutant Overlords in vault 87.
Really? It that necessary?[/QUOTE]

I love it. Finally gave me a challenge again. Just use some Buffout and a real powerful weapon, like the Alien Blaster or a Tri-Beam Laser Rifle, after you get one of a corpse of an Overload. I haven't done that area, though, with BS installed, so I'll get back to you lol.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']"A Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition will be available in October. It will include the original game plus all five add-ons for $59.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3, and $49.99 for PC."

Linky.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was announced a while ago.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']"A Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition will be available in October. It will include the original game plus all five add-ons for $59.99 for Xbox 360 and PS3, and $49.99 for PC."

Linky.[/QUOTE]
Can't wait. I haven't played any of the DLC so it's going to be like playing a completely new game when the GotY comes out :)

[quote name='rushisrighton']Sorry to ask again, but....... is there any reason for me to keep my anchorage/pitt addon disc? Once it's installed that's it isn't it? It's not like I need to keep it to play it, or am I wrong.

Just asking to be possative before I trade it off, any input would be great, I can't seem to find a straightforward answer anywhere.[/QUOTE]

very interested in the answer as well

Point Lookout is said to have a huge map. Loved every bit of the exploration in Fallout 3 and hopefully Bethesda will continue to have hidden gems scattered around in the new DLC. Can't wait!

[quote name='destinywaste']Point Lookout is said to have a huge map. Loved every bit of the exploration in Fallout 3 and hopefully Bethesda will continue to have hidden gems scattered around in the new DLC. Can't wait![/QUOTE]

You got it from gamestop? Cant wait for it now to hear that its a giant map, Im already done with 90% of the capital wasteland

[quote name='PhrostByte']I literally can't wait for the GotY edition.. so, I won't. Buying Point Lookout and the UFO one the day they come out. :][/QUOTE]
Same here, can't wait for both of them to come out.

Just got BS. Glad to have a bump in level and enemy difficulty, it was almost too easy before. Haven't come across any of the new Super mutants but will be looking out for them.

I though this DLC was also supposed ton included a small graphical update as well to make teh 360 look a little better. Can anyone confirm if it was really included. It's hard to tell either way.

[quote name='cdietschrun']I just want to make sure, but you can share the DLC by shipwreck's marketplace content method correct?[/QUOTE]
That meathod should work for everything, although I haven't tried it with DLC yet.

Just got it after a minute or two of time going by you just get a message telling you that a riverboat just docked, so no getting distress calls or whatever. I hope this is bug free since I skipped out on getting the other 3 dlc on day one and they just had issues where you had to re download them again.

Bought this online. Going to start a new evil char to mop up the rest of the achievements. My lvl 30 character + Fawkes are essentially invincible (on very hard) with tens of thousands of caps, so I think it would be a little boring playing Point Lookout with him.

Well, against my better judgment, I downloaded this already. I know some of the previous DLC had some major bugs at first, but oh well. If that's the case, I'll just download it again when they fix it. I happen to be off today, so I figured I'd give it a whirl right away.

[quote name='SynGamer']Can't wait for the GotY edition. 4 DLC packs is going to be awesome to play through.[/QUOTE]

It'll be 5, won't it?

Only sort of glitch I've had so far was a disappearing location triangle on the radar when walking toward an undiscovered location. Probably not spoilers, but I'll mark them just in case.

It was for Lil' Tyke Playhouse. If anyone else is having trouble finding it, just go to Grower's Shack and walk straight east. Find the playground and that's the spot.

bread's done
Back