Fallout: New Vegas - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='screwkick']Enlist Lily Bowen from Jacobstown. She seems to be the toughest companion of the bunch. She's a nightkin super mutant after all.[/QUOTE]

MTXBASS1:
Well getting Ed-E really helped, hardly even had to shoot the Deathclaws, they took care of them on their own, but I think I screwed up, but I really dont care anymore though.

I didnt have my lockpick high enough to sneak into papa's room, so Boone and Ed-e just killed everyone and I failed the mission, but Col Moore will be pleased that the Khans are gone heh

I will have to check into Lily though, thanks for the tip.

It shows as free but when you click on it, it asks for moon money.

I dont even have the game anymore but was going to download it and rent this sucker so I can play the DLC.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Ok so I downloaded the DLC, no radio station appeared and no Sierra Madre waypoint. What gives?

Edit: It's also not showing the five new achievements available on my gamerscore.

Showing as free on their website! Go go go!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...rchaseId=4325af40-d19c-4c35-86c4-9721f7da0589[/QUOTE]

Give the game about 3 minutes. Mine picked up when I went to Novac. I'm running through the DLC now.

First Impressions. It's got a very solid intro. We'll see how well it holds up.

I'm just fucking ecstatic that I can possibly up my characters lockpick to 100. I was maxed out before and had all books as well.

Played a little at lunch today, but didn't start the DLC quite yet, as I just started a new game with 9 luck/1 charisma, and am going to wait until I'm about level 10 to start it up, and get some better armor/guns. To confirm, it took about 3.5 IRL minutes for the Radio Signal to pick up.

Also DL'd the Dead Space 2 demo as well. Look forward to checking that out at some point.

More impressions without giving away too much.

Melee characters will love the DLC. The suspense alone in it is worth it, but if you're expecting a firefight, you won't get that here.

If you're in to anything suspenseful, the DLC is worth it. You've really got to watch your step due to all the traps. I damn near lost an arm over one of them.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Any cool weapons/armor for completing this DLC or is it too soon to ask?[/QUOTE]

So far
all I've found is an Assassin Suit that gives you +10 stealth. It's been bone dry otherwise.
I'll post more as I find them, hopefully completing this tonight/tomorrow. It's hard to tell on the exact length. I'm about 4 hours through so far.

[quote name='mtxbass1']So far
all I've found is an Assassin Suit that gives you +10 stealth. It's been bone dry otherwise.
I'll post more as I find them, hopefully completing this tonight/tomorrow. It's hard to tell on the exact length. I'm about 4 hours through so far.[/QUOTE]

Also found an
Automatic Rifle.
haven't gotten a chance to use it, as the ammo is pretty sparse, but it looks good. Also, you forgot to mention the
Hologram Rifle

is anyone else having problems loading dead money? i go to downloadable content then click fallout new vegas - dead money and nothing happens. am i doing something wrong. do i have to go continue an existing game? i'm really at a lost.

[quote name='RandyTsai']is anyone else having problems loading dead money? i go to downloadable content then click fallout new vegas - dead money and nothing happens. am i doing something wrong. do i have to go continue an existing game? i'm really at a lost.[/QUOTE]

Load a game. Wait about 3-5 min. You'll get a radio broadcast. Go to the spot on the map. Enjoy.

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Also found an
Automatic Rifle.
haven't gotten a chance to use it, as the ammo is pretty sparse, but it looks good. Also, you forgot to mention the
Hologram Rifle
[/QUOTE]

AR is useless against ghosts. You'll find ammo, but meh. There is no refill for the
hologram gun
that I have found yet.

[quote name='mtxbass1']AR is useless against ghosts. You'll find ammo, but meh. There is no refill for the
hologram gun
that I have found yet.[/QUOTE]
Actually if you talk to Dog you an learn a perk that lets you kill Ghost People. Also if you have bloody mess targeting their limbs is an easy kill. As for the hologram gun, it takes normal MF cells. There's plenty in the area.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']
Actually if you talk to Dog you an learn a perk that lets you kill Ghost People. Also if you have bloody mess targeting their limbs is an easy kill. As for the hologram gun, it takes normal MF cells. There's plenty in the area.
[/QUOTE]

Exactly. The AR does fine for me. All you have to do is cut off their head after you take them down. Which only takes about two shots, BTW.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']
[/QUOTE]

I never got that dialog and have talked to him plenty. I've seen 31 mf cells also. WTF? I have a ton of 357 and 9mm though...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mtxbass1']I never got that dialog and have talked to him plenty. I've seen 31 mf cells also. WTF? I have a ton of 357 and 9mm though...[/QUOTE]
I don't remember the exact dialog path unfortunately. Make sure to search rooftops. I have about 100 MF cells from that area.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I don't remember the exact dialog path unfortunately. Make sure to search rooftops. I have about 100 MF cells from that area.[/QUOTE]

Oh believe me, I have been. I have 800 Madre caps right now.

This DLC is pretty difficult IMO. I've died multiple times from various things, the most prominent being the
vapor cloud.
There is one mission where you have to
take Christina down to the basement of a building and it's full of bear traps and gas. I have no idea how to get beyond that point right now. I've already got God/Dog in his position.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Oh believe me, I have been. I have 800 Madre caps right now.

This DLC is pretty difficult IMO. I've died multiple times from various things, the most prominent being the
vapor cloud.
There is one mission where you have to
take Christina down to the basement of a building and it's full of bear traps and gas. I have no idea how to get beyond that point right now. I've already got God/Dog in his position.
[/QUOTE]
You have to just run through the cloud and past the bear traps. There's a staircase directly across from you that leads up. I got stuck there for a few minutes too.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']You have to just run through the cloud and past the bear traps. There's a staircase directly across from you that leads up. I got stuck there for a few minutes too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I ended up
roiding out, then running and turning off the gas.
. I finally found a bed you can sleep in, in the ruined store. I'm addicted to buffout at the moment...

Yeah, it's been very difficult. I even turned down my difficulty, and I've still died plenty of times. Really frustrating, but really fun and cool at the same time!

I enjoyed it but it was overly difficult at times.
Also I'm still not a fan of $10 for DLC, though at least it was 4+ hours unlike some DLC that I spent $10 on that didn't last that long. The story was satisfying as were the new temporary companions.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I enjoyed it but it was overly difficult at times.
Also I'm still not a fan of $10 for DLC, though at least it was 4+ hours unlike some DLC that I spent $10 on that didn't last that long. The story was satisfying as were the new temporary companions.[/QUOTE]

You only got 4 hours out of it? I've put in at least 25. I'm on the last mission however, and I've found every weapon, suit, and book.

Just finished Dead Money.. probably put around 10 hours into it. Very difficult but fun. Too bad most of the crap is useless afterwards, heh. :D

Finished the game today. I'm sure I have a lot of side stuff to do, but Im not up to do any of it right now.

Overall, I liked Fallout 3 a lot more. F3 had better characters, story and level design. I did like how the weapons handled in this game, along with partners reviving.

I also hated the faction system. It seemed like karma took a backseat to it, and I had a hard time being evil in this game, so I ended up being neutral.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Just finished Dead Money.. probably put around 10 hours into it. Very difficult but fun. Too bad most of the crap is useless afterwards, heh. :D[/QUOTE]

I finished it last night too, finally. I'd rate it about a 6.8 out of 10 honestly.

The environments were top notch. There was a great sense of eeriness along with desolation. It was the rapid turn in difficulty along with the pointlessness of the weapons that lowered the score for me. The "new" gear was/is utterly useless when you come back to the wasteland.

I got out of the madre wearing over 500 lbs of items. Heh. I had to huff it over to Camp Forlorn Hope, drop some items, then teleport back to my home base. The
gold bars sell for almost 11k each!

Then the game froze up (yet again) and I said fuck it.

Loving this game so far. I really like how there are so many beds throughout the world to sleep in and heal yourself, rather than using up all your stimpaks.:applause:

Need to find a safehouse, though, in order to start stasing my loot. I am in the REPCONN facility, and can't pick up the flamer gun dropped by the Nightkin jailer.:cry:

Searching for clues on Boone's missing wife, too, before I put some random person in front of his sniper scope.

[quote name='shieryda']
Searching for clues on Boone's missing wife, too, before I put some random person in front of his sniper scope.[/QUOTE]

Hint:

Check out the safe inside the office of the dino-bite inn.

Too bad to hear the gear from Dead Money blows. That was one of the best parts of the FO3 DLC: bringing your loot back to the main game and destroying everything in sight.

Anyone know where I can buy bobby pins? I am down to like 4 of them, I checked the wiki this morning and it said Blake at the Camp Caravan, & Vault 3 Rec center, but nothing at either.

I also went to the Goodsprings General Store and none there either.

Well I'm sure the Fallout wiki will tell you.. but really my advice in regards to bobby pins is don't lose them. If you feel you're close to losing one, exit out and try again. Same with terminal hacking.

[quote name='irratebass']Anyone know where I can buy bobby pins? I am down to like 4 of them, I checked the wiki this morning and it said Blake at the Camp Caravan, & Vault 3 Rec center, but nothing at either.

I also went to the Goodsprings General Store and none there either.[/QUOTE]

You can often find them on dead ghouls. I've got over 700 in my inventory. Dead Money alone gave me 150.

[quote name='mtxbass1']You can often find them on dead ghouls. I've got over 700 in my inventory. Dead Money alone gave me 150.[/QUOTE]

Thank you sir

[quote name='PhrostByte']Well I'm sure the Fallout wiki will tell you.. but really my advice in regards to bobby pins is don't lose them. If you feel you're close to losing one, exit out and try again. Same with terminal hacking.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same here. Early in the game, I almost never let a bobby pin break. Later on, once I have a ton of them and know I won't be opening many locks anyway, I become a little more lax. Also, if you aren't already, you should be checking EVERYTHING whenever you enter an area: garbage cans, desks, etc. They are good sources of bobby pins.

You can usually get 2 or 3 tries out of a bobby pin before it breaks. If you start to get tension more than twice, just back out of the lock and try again.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Well I'm sure the Fallout wiki will tell you.. but really my advice in regards to bobby pins is don't lose them. If you feel you're close to losing one, exit out and try again. Same with terminal hacking.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just found out about this trick this morning.

BigdaddyBruce: I do try to check everything, I don't guarantee I get it all though.

Sorry if this isn't the appropriate location for this question...

I've completed one run thru of Fallout New Vegas, am a level 30. I'm playing the DLC Dead Money now.

Two achievements I didn't get on my first run thru were the 10,000 points in unarmed damage and the 10,000 damage points healed with food (what can I say, I'm a gun nut and a stim pac addict)...

Anyways, can those two achievements also be earned while playing Dead Money? Would be great if they can since you begin with nothing and are using food to heal.

Oh well, I gues if not I can always equip with a ballistic fist or similar weapon and run thru Hoover Damn and the Legate Camp missions again when I get back from Madre..

Thanks,
TexTuna

[quote name='TexTuna']Sorry if this isn't the appropriate location for this question...

I've completed one run thru of Fallout New Vegas, am a level 30. I'm playing the DLC Dead Money now.

Two achievements I didn't get on my first run thru were the 10,000 points in unarmed damage and the 10,000 damage points healed with food (what can I say, I'm a gun nut and a stim pac addict)...

Anyways, can those two achievements also be earned while playing Dead Money? Would be great if they can since you begin with nothing and are using food to heal.

Oh well, I gues if not I can always equip with a ballistic fist or similar weapon and run thru Hoover Damn and the Legate Camp missions again when I get back from Madre..

Thanks,
TexTuna[/QUOTE]

Yes, any other achievements that were active in the regular FONV would be active there too.

Just restarted another playthrough (I'm at level 4 hahaha)...Any tips before starting Dead Money? I downloaded it the first day it was released but my backlog is huge!

[quote name='drktrpr1']Just restarted another playthrough (I'm at level 4 hahaha)...Any tips before starting Dead Money? I downloaded it the first day it was released but my backlog is huge![/QUOTE]

You really, really, really should be level 20 before starting Dead Money. You'll lose any equipment you have when you start dead money anyway. I do recommend a repair of 100 so you can shut off the holograms however.

[quote name='mtxbass1']You really, really, really should be level 20 before starting Dead Money. You'll lose any equipment you have when you start dead money anyway. I do recommend a repair of 100 so you can shut off the holograms however.[/QUOTE]

Dang, that's good to know, I'll keep leveling up before I play, then.

[quote name='mtxbass1']You really, really, really should be level 20 before starting Dead Money. You'll lose any equipment you have when you start dead money anyway. I do recommend a repair of 100 so you can shut off the holograms however.[/QUOTE]

Damn good info to know, thanks

bread's done
Back