Fallout New Vegas Hardcover Collector's Guide - Back To $20.99, Was $19.24 @ Amazon

[quote name='jer7583']I emailed them about the pre-order price gurantee because I ordered this a month or two ago when it was 23.99 and the rep's response made no sense..

I gave it a few days to see if the pre-order price guarantee would kick in, but it didn't.

How can it be a post-order guarantee if the item hasn't released yet and hasn't shipped?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I got the same thing. Funny thing is, the first time this dropped in price my order updated right away. This time, not so much. I just fired off a reply to the response they sent me. Maybe second time's the charm.

I decided to just order it with some amazon credit. Only $21 for a hardcover guide I'll probably use and for a game like fallout, I'm in.

You guys got a crappy rep -- I emailed as well yesterday and got the following:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on Fallout New Vegas Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide. I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us.

I've reduced the price of Fallout New Vegas Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide to $20.99. This is what you will be charged for the item when your order ships.

i cancelled/reordered, and added the game too. Was sitting on just the guide for now at $23.09 but save a few dollars now...thanks!

Saw this tweet today

"The Fallout: New Vegas strat guide is 525,000 words, making it (apparently) the biggest game strat guide ever, and longer than War and Peace"

Sounds like bullshit. Original Fallout 3 collector's guide was 496 pages, New Vegas collector's is 464 pages, Fallout 3 GotY collector's is 752 pages.

Unless they're using suspiciously small text and/or fewer pictures/maps.

[quote name='jer7583']I emailed them about the pre-order price gurantee because I ordered this a month or two ago when it was 23.99 and the rep's response made no sense..

I gave it a few days to see if the pre-order price guarantee would kick in, but it didn't.

How can it be a post-order guarantee if the item hasn't released yet and hasn't shipped?[/QUOTE]

Heh, I received that exact same reply word for word when I bought Dead Rising 2 one morning and by the afternoon it was 4 dollars less and I emailed them about it.

Holy crap. So I preordered this back in August and the price has dropped twice since then. I preordered it with a couple of small filler items to push it to FSSS. With the first price drop, everything went as it should and the price adjusted. With this second drop I had to email a CSR twice to get the price drop to reflect.

The problem is, the second CSR added the FSSS cost back in (even though it still says FSSS shipping option selected). So I did a chat with a third CSR and they told me they can't remove the shipping costs until after the item ships, but they flagged it for follow up.

That's totally lame. The first price drop also dipped the order below the $25 threshold for FSSS, but the FSSS remained intact. This means the second CSR screwed something up and the third was powerless to fix it until after the fact. What gives with Amazon? Anyone else have this issue?

In for one. At this price and with Prime shipping, can't beat it! Thanks OP. I'm a sucker for massive hard cover strategy guides for RPGs. I know there will probably be a collector's guide for the GOTY edition like there was for Fallout 3. But I'll get that too! LOL.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']In for one. At this price and with Prime shipping, can't beat it! Thanks OP. I'm a sucker for massive hard cover strategy guides for RPGs. I know there will probably be a collector's guide for the GOTY edition like there was for Fallout 3. But I'll get that too! LOL.[/QUOTE]

Got one also for the same reason. Missed out on the last goty edition tho.

[quote name='drumstick']Got one also for the same reason. Missed out on the last goty edition tho.[/QUOTE]

I got lucky and was able to get the last copy of the Fallout 3 GOTY strategy guide at a local Best Buy. This was after I procrastinated and missed out getting it on Amazon before it sold out.

Does anyone know if you can use kindle ebook orders to combine with the guide order to reach the $25 free shipping limit?

I bought NFS: Hot Pursuit and will get a $20 credit. I wanted to use that credit on this book. Do you think the hardcover will still be around come Tuesday/Wednesday? Or should I pull the trigger? When does that $20 credit kick in, after I get the shipping email?

Yeah I have it shipped now as well with next day air. Hopefully it comes in tomorrow or monday, would be nice to have it before the game.

Heads up to anybody who wants to check, I saw Fallout New Vegas in the display cases today at my local Sears. It had a sticker across the top saying not to sell before the 19th, but it's easily small enough for the sears worker to miss it. Maybe other Sears workers are dumb enough to have put it out already.

(i didn't buy one, I have the collector's edition preordered)

[quote name='SpockBlocker']Heads up to anybody who wants to check, I saw Fallout New Vegas in the display cases today at my local Sears. It had a sticker across the top saying not to sell before the 19th, but it's easily small enough for the sears worker to miss it. Maybe other Sears workers are dumb enough to have put it out already.

(i didn't buy one, I have the collector's edition preordered)[/QUOTE]

Doesn't really matter if it's on the shelf. If you actually were able to get it to a checkout it probably couldn't be sold when they attempt to scan it.

Mine arrives today, it finally shipped yesterday. Will try not to use it, but it'll be great for reference. Still wish I got the F3 GOTY guide when I saw them.

[quote name='McCarron']Mine arrives today, it finally shipped yesterday. Will try not to use it, but it'll be great for reference. Still wish I got the F3 GOTY guide when I saw them.[/QUOTE]

I saw 2 Fallout 3 GOTY guides at gamestop yesterday...They're not that rare, are they?

[quote name='SpockBlocker']I saw 2 Fallout 3 GOTY guides at gamestop yesterday...They're not that rare, are they?[/QUOTE]

The hardcover is rare, the softcover is still sold almost anywhere that sells guides still.

[quote name='buckythekat']mine hasn't shipped yet and I ordered the damn thing over a month ago :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

They will probably overnight it on Monday. Mine was sent Friday to get here by Tuesday. I'm sure they shipped it 2 day in that case in order to save some money.

Mine shipped and they adjusted the price automatically for me. I ordered it at approximately 24 bucks and I was charged only the $21, the invoice even reflects it.

[quote name='alangst']Does anyone know if you can use kindle ebook orders to combine with the guide order to reach the $25 free shipping limit?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe so since kindle e-book orders are 1-click orders meaning they never reach a shopping cart and are purchased separately. Even if you are buying multiple kindle ebooks, each book is a separate transaction.

Just got mine in. One of the corners is slightly bent but its passable since the reast of it is fine. A nice guide indeed, well worth the purchase :D

I got mine... this morning? It was kinda weird, I get a shipping notice at like 10 last night, then when I head out the door at 7 this morning it's right there. I'm not complaining, it's just weird to get a package so early.l

Mine should be here tomorrow, it left Dallas a few hours ago apparently. Wonder why Amazon waits till the last minute to ship things some times, like my New Vegas game. It's still prepping to ship, which means they will have to pay for overnight shipping. Seems like it would have been cheaper to two-day it, I guess they don't want to risk people getting games early?

Got my book today! It is really nice and the pages have better print then the regular Fallout 3 edition I have. Fallout 3 NV just shipped for me. Got the email! I took off on Wednesday for this.

[quote name='FadeToOne']This poster map is scary big. I can just feel the hours leaving my body.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it looks like 3 big maps. I wonder if it is scaled differently then the Fallout 3 one.

I swear... Unless that any CE game guides comes with loads of pictures of HOT Babes OR with extra giveaways, I am no longer buying them over $15!

Looking at the description, I am not tempted by the extras - 32 pages of extra content including concept art and behind the scenes information from the game developers....

Put those on DVD instead!

[quote name='scarhawk']Is this the same guide that is coming with the TRU offer?[/QUOTE]

No Toys R Us will be giving out the regular editions, not the Collector's hardback.

What number did you guys get on the inside cover? Mine is 135,090...which kind of blows. I preorderd months ago and I'm nowhere near the top.

[quote name='MidnightRider1']put my order in yesterday and cancelled my quick pick's deal since it was slightly higher(21.99)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jodou']Bad move. If you had waited, the price would update automatically via pre-order price guarantee. I was able to work my quick picks magic last night and got it back in the gold box today for ~$20.[/QUOTE]

Wound up on the GF's quick pick for $19.94 total, but next time i'll wait it out.

should be here first thing in the morning

[quote name='SpockBlocker']What number did you guys get on the inside cover? Mine is 135,090...which kind of blows. I preorderd months ago and I'm nowhere near the top.[/QUOTE]

3,046. I pre-ordered like two or three days ago ;).

I'm beginning to think there should be a separate thread just for Limited Edition guides. There are multiple threads on the first page for $21 LE guides at Amazon.

Just traded in a game and got $19.50 to Amazon. The guide just went down to $19.24. I'm in for one, i regretted not having one for Fallout 3.

[quote name='TeamUnderdog']Just traded in a game and got $19.50 to Amazon. The guide just went down to $19.24. I'm in for one, i regretted not having one for Fallout 3.[/QUOTE]
It really is one of the few games you will want to have a guide for nowadays. Unless you wanna check online for things every 5 minutes that is ;)

bread's done
Back