Fanatical Thread

Dagnabbit, ran out of likes.

It's been a busy day off =D

Edit: Huzzah, likes reloaded. Likes for everyone that wants to punch me in the face

Last edited by a moderator:
Punch Hitler Kitty in the face?
[
photo-thumb-338480.jpg
]

Don't punch Hitler Kitty in the face?
[ ]

I voted in case this is greenlit.

Two days left on the Conquest Bundle if anyone gives a rats ass =P

(I'll take Xpand Rally for a $1 if anyone's splitting it)

Now new Bundle Stars live:

Sim Masters Bundle - $2.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Construction Machines 2014 
  • Demolition Master 3D 
  • Recovery Search & Rescue Simulation 
  • Mining & Tunneling Simulator 
  • Bridge Constructor 
  • Eurofighter Typhoon 
  • Xpand Rally
[/customspoiler]

Those are supposedly truly horrible games. I even already own one of them. Xpand Rally is supposed to be okay though. 

For me, this'd be an Xpand Rally and +5 bundle for $2.99. I may have to give this some thought and see if I can forget about it in a couple of weeks. 

Those are supposedly truly horrible games. I even already own one of them. Xpand Rally is supposed to be okay though.

For me, this'd be an Xpand Rally and +5 bundle for $2.99. I may have to give this some thought and see if I can forget about it in a couple of weeks.
Just grab Xpand Rally from tremor, whenever it gets added.

So happy to see another sim bundle from Bundlestars (serious). I know some people might not like them, but I love these...and this is a great way to try some wacky games. I would have never tried Warehouse & Logistics Simulator or Woodcutter Simulator 2013 otherwise. I've already put about an hour into Recovery: Search & Rescue, and it's honestly hilarious.

You play as a national park ranger, who can ride around the park on his 10 speed bicycle, completing missions ranging from cleaning up after campers, to tracking wild animals, to investigating "monster" sightings. I'd never call this a great game, but it's a unique idea, and that alone is worth the < $0.50 asking price. With so many stale ass sequels and knock off games, I love it when a game comes at me with something totally unheard of. Great bundle for only $2.99.

So happy to see another sim bundle from Bundlestars (serious). I know some people might not like them, but I love these...and this is a great way to try some wacky games. I would have never tried Warehouse &amp; Logistics Simulator or Woodcutter Simulator 2013 otherwise. I've already put about an hour into Recovery: Search &amp; Rescue, and it's honestly hilarious.

You play as a national park ranger, who can ride around the park on his 10 speed bicycle, completing missions ranging from cleaning up after campers, to tracking wild animals, to investigating "monster" sightings. I'd never call this a great game, but it's a unique idea, and that alone is worth the &lt; $0.50 asking price. With so many stale ass sequels and knock off games, I love it when a game comes at me with something totally unheard of. Great bundle for only $2.99.
I agree I like simulation bundle. It what is so cool about them anything can simulator lol. RCT +RCT 2 needs to be bundle heh

unless steam fixed it Xpand Rally requires you to edit youre registry just to run it
It's a bit late for me to be posting this, but Steam did fix it. I bought the game from tremor, activated/installed it and ran the game fine without having to edit my registry.

New Bundle Stars live:

Reboot Bundle 4.0 - $1.99 (first 48h) [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Tropico Trilogy (Includes Tropico, Tropico 2: Pirate Cove, Tropico 3: Steam Special Edition and Tropico 3: Absolute Power)
  • Hard Reset: Extended Edition (Includes Exile DLC)
  • Inquisitor Deluxe Edition (Includes 2 book PDFs, an artbook PDF plus two-hour soundtrack)
  • Zeno Clash 2
  • The First Templar
  • Combat Wings: Battle of Britain
[/customspoiler]

Axis Game Factory was in another bundle not too long ago, wasn't it? Does anybody remember which bundle? I can't remember if I bought it before or not.

Axis Game Factory was in another bundle not too long ago, wasn't it? Does anybody remember which bundle? I can't remember if I bought it before or not.
it was in the Adrenaline Bundle, iirc, but not the Premium version. The Premium version is significantly more expensive.

but not the Premium version. The Premium version is significantly more expensive.
That's kinda what I remembered, too.

Hm.

I kinda want it, especially considering I do want to start making games, but I'm not sure I'll ever actually use this in particular. I mean, I did get the Adrenaline bundle, and I still haven't touched the standard version from that.

I guess the question is whether I should be approaching this sort of purchase with a CAG mentality or not?

That's kinda what I remembered, too.

Hm.

I kinda want it, especially considering I do want to start making games, but I'm not sure I'll ever actually use this in particular. I mean, I did get the Adrenaline bundle, and I still haven't touched the standard version from that.

I guess the question is whether I should be approaching this sort of purchase with a CAG mentality or not?
Well, Premium's like $80 right?

$10 is 1/8th the price. So about 90% off. And it includes 2 add-ons, one of which is already on sale for $10 separately.

I'd say go for it. Especially since you'd put it to use. Maybe spending $10 on it will motivate you to make something.

I'm considering it myself, and I think all I'll do with it is dick around. Your choice.

it was in the Adrenaline Bundle, iirc, but not the Premium version. The Premium version is significantly more expensive.
I was having difficulty figuring out the differences between Basic Pro and Premium Pro...(nice naming conventions guys) but stumbled across this image showing the diff between Basic Pro(Adrenaline Bundle) and Premium Pro( Axis Game Factory Bundle)

AGF_Table_smal.png

So is this type of software fairly easy to use? Does it have silly restrictions that limit how robust your game can be?
Most "easy game making" software has limitations imposed by the shallowness of the tools, so even if they haven't implemented their own handicaps (like max number of items or some nonsense) I doubt you'll be able to make much of anything that spans beyond a traditional platformer/fps/rpg. Might be alright for a learning tool to get your feet wet and to experiment at a low cost, but if you get serious about developing a game you'll likely outgrow it pretty quickly.

So is this type of software fairly easy to use? Does it have silly restrictions that limit how robust your game can be?
I haven't used it, but they make it look pretty easy and I believe the premium allows you to export to Unity which is a pretty popular/more advanced game engine so I think it's cool that even if you outgrow this particular software you can transition to something else.

bread's done
Back