Fanatical Thread

Still better than the GMG thread run by that Nazi pussy.
photo-thumb-484551.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a Nordic Games Sale going on in the store.

Also, in my BS email, there was some cryptic message to keep my eyes on the store this weekend as there will be "loads more great deals on the way." I won't hold my breath.

New bundle live:

Battleground Bundle - $3.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Commandos 3: Destination Berlin 
  • Commandos 2: Men of Courage 
  • Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines 
  • Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty 
  • American Conquest: Fight Back 
  • Cossacks II: Battle for Europe 
  • Cossacks: Arts of War 
  • Cossacks: Back to War
[/customspoiler]

As usual, I have half of the games in their bundle. I think everyone probably has to have the Commandos series by now, don't they?

I'm irritated they split the American Conquest/Cossacks games over two bundles (and left out Cossacks Campaign Expansion) instead of just making a bundle to match the one sold on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/11264/

I already have/don't want the rest of the games in the bundles (Battleground and Conquest) so $9 is way too much for me.   :nottalking:

New bundle live:

Mumbo Jumbo Bundle - $2.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Luxor: 5th Passage
  • Luxor 2 HD
  • Pickers
  • 7 Wonders: Ancient Alien Makeover
  • Discovery! A Seek and Find Adventure
  • Little Farm
  • Midnight Mysteries
  • Midnight Mysteries 2: Salem Witch Trials
  • Midnight Mysteries 3: Devil on the Mississippi
  • Midnight Mysteries 4: Haunted Houdini
[/customspoiler]

Mumbo Jumbo is a decent deal if you don't have any of those games and are into casual/'Big Fishy' sort of games. I bought the Mumbo Jumbo publisher pack some time ago so I have them all but I'd jump on it at this price if I didn't already own it.

Mumbo Jumbo is a decent deal if you don't have any of those games and are into casual/'Big Fishy' sort of games. I bought the Mumbo Jumbo publisher pack some time ago so I have them all but I'd jump on it at this price if I didn't already own it.
The Mumbo Jumbo publisher pack has Luxor 2, but not Luxor 2 HD for some strange reason... (Luxor 2 HD isn't in any collections on Steam either). The publisher pack also doesn't include 7 Wonders: Ancient Alien Makeover (but it's included in the 7 Wonders Collection).

Everything else here is in the publisher pack.

New bundle live:

Mumbo Jumbo Bundle - $2.99 [customspoiler=Includes]

• Luxor: 5th Passage
  • Luxor 2 HD
  • Pickers
  • 7 Wonders: Ancient Alien Makeover
  • Discovery! A Seek and Find Adventure
  • Little Farm
  • Midnight Mysteries
  • Midnight Mysteries 2: Salem Witch Trials
  • Midnight Mysteries 3: Devil on the Mississippi
  • Midnight Mysteries 4: Haunted Houdini
[/customspoiler]
This is a much crappier deal if you got this.

Pickers is fuck ing awesome.
I remember Fox raving about it a while back too. I really need to get around to playing it someday. That and the other 99.9999% of my steam collection.

I will say that 7 Wonders: Ancient Alien Makeover was a guilty pleasure for me at one point.

Another endorsement of Pickers - it's a very nicely done hidden object game with a selling meta-game.

I will say that 7 Wonders: Ancient Alien Makeover was a guilty pleasure for me at one point.
Ugh... you're killing me! That's the only one I need out of this bundle. I did really enjoy the first one...

The Intense Bundle - $3.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Adventure Park 
  • CT Special Forces: Fire for Effect 
  • Fortrix 2 
  • Gomo 
  • Gray Matter 
  • Hotel Collector's Edition 
  • Infinite Space III: Sea of Stars 
  • QuestRun 
  • Rescue: Everyday Heroes US Edition 
  • Zooloretto
[/customspoiler]

I probably will actually get this one for once since I only own 3 of the games in it. Plus the retail on some of these (Adventure Park I am looking at you) is kind of nuts and would make for a high price even with 75% off.

how much are the extra fees that credit card companies charge in the us
BoA charges me like $0.16 for the $5 bundles when I directly pay with my card. It's bullshit. However, placing the order through my PayPal account allows me to use my debit without getting hit with any fees, so I'd recommend doing that instead.

FWIW I got charged in straight USD this time with paypal. $3.99. I didn't see any pounds currency show up or anything of that sort whereas I had with past purchases from them.
Yeah, PayPal auto-converts it (for free, it seems). I like using them for buying things through digital storefronts, but hate using them for sending money (because they charge me for pulling funds from my debit).

Is this.....Did Bundlestars make a bundle where I only owned one game from it (Fortix 2)?.......I am at a loss for words this hasn't happened since last year.....it's beautiful.

Yeah, PayPal auto-converts it (for free, it seems). I like using them for buying things through digital storefronts, but hate using them for sending money (because they charge me for pulling funds from my debit).
I set up a separate bank account for Paypal etc. so no fees. Basic one at BoA (opened it online too) that doesn't have any annual charges, but still get a physical card and online access. Keeps the piddly online dosh separate from our main cash, in case some asshole on eBay or wherever tries to do a chargeback.

But yeah, bundles with almost no repeats are The Shit.

I set up a separate bank account for Paypal etc. so no fees. Basic one at BoA (opened it online too) that doesn't have any annual charges, but still get a physical card and online access. Keeps the piddly online dosh separate from our main cash, in case some asshole on eBay or wherever tries to do a chargeback.

But yeah, bundles with almost no repeats are The Shit.
I only have the one bank account, and definitely don't feel comfortable giving the info for it to PayPal, as silly as that might sound. I like your idea though, the account I have right now is probably same type as the dummy account you have for PayPal.

I only have the one bank account, and definitely don't feel comfortable giving the info for it to PayPal, as silly as that might sound. I like your idea though, the account I have right now is probably same type as the dummy account you have for PayPal.
Exactly. There's no way in hell I would give Paypal the kind of control over my principal account it requires. But it's too damned useful to not use.

Oh Infinite Space 3 is in the series or inspired by Weird Worlds games....ah those games are good....I'm buying this one...at least a few wants here for sure! Now officially bought.

bread's done
Back