Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread, 2014

Gordon's situation seems a little more bleak. He apparently failed a test prior to March 11th, which is when the league year begins. So, technically, he failed a test during the 2013 season, which would mean the new rules likely would not apply to him.

Yes first shady trade so far this season!

Guy in my league trades:

Jamaal Charles

Jordy Nelson

Eric Decker

For:

Rashad Jennings

Anquan Boldin

Dwayne Bowe

some fucking people...smh

Damn that trade is terrible. I'd rather have Decker than any of the three guys on the other team.

For the Josh Gordon news, I'm jumping on the train as well, because why not. One league I dropped Deandre Hopkins, the other, can't decide whether to drop Andre Williams or Andrew Hawkins.

Wow, I would be screaming at the commissioner in my league if a trade like that ever went through.  Then again, I am the commissioner in my league, so it wouldn't go through in the first place.  Even if I was somehow OK with it, there would be open revolt and guys dropping out of the league.  

Well upon closer review, the guy who got the good stuff was the commissioner. Looks like there was no trade review process either, so he can win.

fuck public leagues.

I still got 3 teams that I will have a good time playing, because everything looks good so far in them.

Guy in my league wants Jeffery on my team. Players that I like of his team Charles, Ball, I don't need another WR but he has D. Thomas, Cecil Shirts, Toby Gerhart. What's a fair offer for Jeffery?

Guy in my league wants Jeffery on my team. Players that I like of his team Charles, Ball, I don't need another WR but he has D. Thomas, Cecil Shirts, Toby Gerhart. What's a fair offer for Jeffery?
You could ask for Ball, that might be the fairest trade among those guys. Unless he's a moron, he won't give you Charles or Thomas. I think you'd be getting the worst of the deal if you asked for Shorts or Gerhart. If I was him, I wouldn't trade Ball for Jeffery, but I wouldn't say it was a terrible trade. And I'm not him, so he may go for it. What will you be left with at WR if you trade Jeffery?

You could ask for Ball, that might be the fairest trade among those guys. Unless he's a moron, he won't give you Charles or Thomas. I think you'd be getting the worst of the deal if you asked for Shorts or Gerhart. If I was him, I wouldn't trade Ball for Jeffery, but I wouldn't say it was a terrible trade. And I'm not him, so he may go for it. What will you be left with at WR if you trade Jeffery?
I would be left with Marshall, White as starters. On my bench I've got Mike Wallace, Latimer, and Markus Wheaton. League is PPR. The other RBs I have are C Johnson, and DeAngelo Williams...

I would be left with Marshall, White as starters. On my bench I've got Mike Wallace, Latimer, and Markus Wheaton. League is PPR. The other RBs I have are C Johnson, and DeAngelo Williams...
Yeah, I think I'd offer him Jeffery for Ball and see what happens. It would be a nice upgrade at RB, and you've got decent depth at WR.

PPR

I can start 2 of these:

Patterson

Cruz

Crabtree

I had crabtree on my bench but the dallas matchup has me wanting to start him.

This is gonna be a long, long year for me if Foles is gonna be this bad. At least my WR corps (Megatron, Brown, Cooks, Wallace, and Hopkins) is sick. I will need the trade bait...

EDIT: Er...reverse jinx!

Last edited by a moderator:
First game of the week? Damn, that's stupid. What happens if someone is hurt or benched?
Seriously dude, it's the league where the commissioner traded for another guys top players, no trade review process, and rosters lock on kickoff of the first game. No decided whether to play those Sunday or Monday night guys in this league, and there's a 10 max add/drop feature too.

I actually joined because my friend asked me to flesh it out, and he didn't want to play a public league by himself...LOL...venture to say I won't try too much. This is the reason I try to join a league with people I know or join on on here or another site.

All my other leagues are doing decent now.

Thats garbage.

I have a buddy who is always searching through pub leagues, some of the settings people have are idiotic, your league sounds like one of those.

I dont have a review process in leagues I commission because I want the moves to go through quickly. If I can tell a proposed move was made with the intentions of each owner to make their team better, I put it through. Id watch the change logs in that league.

Seriously dude, it's the league where the commissioner traded for another guys top players, no trade review process, and rosters lock on kickoff of the first game. No decided whether to play those Sunday or Monday night guys in this league, and there's a 10 max add/drop feature too.

I actually joined because my friend asked me to flesh it out, and he didn't want to play a public league by himself...LOL...venture to say I won't try too much. This is the reason I try to join a league with people I know or join on on here or another site.

All my other leagues are doing decent now.
You didn't pay money for this league, right?

I'd just release my entire roster and say fuck it.

Damn! What's the better pickup: Forsett or Bobby Rainy? I picked Ray Rice in he 4rd round too. Damn!!!!

With the Titans seemingly going with a four RB committee, how much value do you all think Sankey has right now? Looking to pick up Forsett when he clears waivers and figured either him or Andre Williams could go (depending what if anything Williams does tonight).

You didn't pay money for this league, right?

I'd just release my entire roster and say fuck it.
Hell no!

It's a free league. My friend and I used to play in a friends/family league, and the shit hit the fan over the summer, split the family and the league, so we decided to join a public one and see how it would go.

People just make fucked up rules and try to win, if you want to win that bad, just make a 2 team league, and draft both teams.

Just keep in mind that Pierce was awful last year (2.9 yards a carry) and did not look good Sunday, either.
Bizarre that Harbaugh would bench Pierce for the first fumble in his career. Yeah, he was bad last year, but the scheme they're using this year fits Pierce's ability perfectly. Got to think he'll be the feature back sooner rather than later.

Thanks to Detroit dismantling my opponent's NYG DST, I escaped with a win in week 1.  They gave him -5 points.  Best part is, he also has Miami's DST, and their 17 points wasted away on his bench.

Need a RB2 and a flex out these choices (full point PPR):

Gerhart @ Washington

Ingram @ Cleveland

Cooks @ Cleveland

Wallace @ Buffalo

Hopkins @ Oakland

I am thinking Wallace is a must sit. Bills actually looked good against the Bears, and Wallace is due for a flop after putting up numbers in Week 1.

Need a RB2 and a flex out these choices (full point PPR):

Gerhart @ Washington

Ingram @ Cleveland

Cooks @ Cleveland

Wallace @ Buffalo

Hopkins @ Oakland

I am thinking Wallace is a must sit. Bills actually looked good against the Bears, and Wallace is due for a flop after putting up numbers in Week 1.
Ingram and cooks... cooks definitely. otherwise Wallace is your other choice.

Yeah, ride Cooks at least until Kenny Stills is healthy enough to play. At that point, I think Cooks sees a drop in targets.

I'm a pretty casual fantasy player so what I'm about to post may seem stupid. Does it make sense for me start Reggie Wayne if my opponent is starting Luck? My current 3 starters on WR are Megatron, Colston, Crabtree. I was thinking that if Luck does well perhaps Wayne could nullify some of those points. If luck does poorly then whatever. But if Luck does well and Colston or Crabtree don't then I'm looking at a large point differential.

So what do you guys say? Dumb move or smart move?

You're over-thinking it.  No matter who your opponent is starting, you just want to start the best lineup you can with your team.  You don't want to get caught up with "Well, if his guy does good, it will have this effect on my guy", because there's nothing you can do about who he has or how they do.  Just look at your own team and decide who you think are your best plays for that week.

For what it's worth, I'd go with Megatron, Wayne, and Colston.

Yea... I understand where you are coming from, but you should never over think something like that unless they are a minor player.  Wayne is the Colts number one, so I would expect you would start megatron, wayne and Colston, since those three are their teams top targets.

Speaking of Reggie Wayne, gotta give the guy a ton of credit. 35 years old, coming off a torn ACL, and he goes out and catches 9 balls for nearly 100 yards in a prime time game. Hilton might be the exciting playmaker in that offense, but at the end of the day, Wayne is going to get a ton of looks.

I went ahead and picked up Gordon today. I really hope he's able to start in the next week or 2.
vote was supposed to be last night.... no word though yet

Damn guy in my league has gotten Gordon, already has Lacy, Jeffery, Jackson, and Marquise Lee... not to mention he was able to pick up t. West from Cleveland... he has too many good players to even be able to play them all.

vote was supposed to be last night.... no word though yet

Damn guy in my league has gotten Gordon, already has Lacy, Jeffery, Jackson, and Marquise Lee... not to mention he was able to pick up t. West from Cleveland... he has too many good players to even be able to play them all.
:D/

I drafted West. I didn't pick him up from the waiver wire. I knew Tate would get hurt eventually. And all these good players didn't help me get a win last week.

Was that Ram/Viking game a fluke or should I drop my Ram defense for the Titans?
was just announced that Chris Long will miss substantial time... so I would say drop the Rams for someone.

And to Pitfall, they didn't this week, but fantasy is is a marathon and not a sprint. Having a lot of the guys that will definitely preform later on will pay off... especially that receiver core.

My league has an automated add/drop system where the site we use (CBS) puts them through automatically Thursday morning at 2:00 am.  I put in for Gordon, but I have no idea if anyone else did.  I can't imagine I'd be the only one.  I'd be dropping Ray Rice if I get Gordon, so that would be win/win.  I'll be checking on my phone at work tonight.

If they vote to overturn the suspensions, and I got Gordon, I'd be pretty stacked at WR- Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon, Wes Welker, and Brian Hartline.  We only start 2 WR's with no flex, so I'd be looking to trade one of them, try to upgrade at RB.

Can start 2 and a flex  (I'm thinking Steve Smith Sr)

Brandon Marshall (given I'm starting him)

Eric Decker

Anquan Boldin

Steve Smith Sr

Riley Cooper

Danny Amendola

Other flex option (if I start all 3 RBs)

Chris Johnson

Rashad Jennings

CJ Spiller

bread's done
Back