Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread, 2014

I have a bench spot to play with and I'm not high on Jennings (who I would still keep), so should I pick up Ridley, Pierce or Bradshaw?  Also thinking of dropping Garcon for Wallace or Watkins, should I?

I want to murder Romo but I'm thinking he'll pick it up in the weeks to come and I should stick with him.  Not many QBs are available, Flacco and Cousins seem like the best available options.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a bench spot to play with and I'm not high on Jennings (who I would still keep), so should I pick up Ridley, Pierce or Bradshaw? Also thinking of dropping Garcon for Wallace or Watkins, should I?

I want to murder Romo but I'm thinking he'll pick it up in the weeks to come and I should stick with him. Not many QBs are available, Flacco and Cousins seem like the best available options.
If Ridley is available grab him. Cousins as well.

If Bradshaw actually stays healthy (hahahahahahaha...yeah, ok), he could very well put up some great fantasy numbers this year, especially in PPR leagues. He is clearly the far superior pass catcher and blocker out of that backfield. Richardson finally ran the ball well last night, but that fumble didn't help.

ok i need major advice...  with ingram out I am in a bit on a conundrum

there are no FA running backs that have any worth at all... i put a waiver claim in for Eddie royal, so as it stands here is what I got, two RB's, two Wr's and 2 flex's

Spiller

Ingram

Turbin

Crowell

Edelman

Sanders

Boldin

Kearse

Royal

Thompkins

What combination should I start?

^ Holy geez, I was just about to ask the same thing.

On a totally unrelated note, I am always stressing don't panic...don't panic...don't panic! But holy shit, Nick Foles has my ass panicking. He looks terrible.

Oh, of course! I picked him pretty late. Didn't expect him to be a top 5 fantasy QB again. But I did not think top 12 would be a stretch. At this rate, he will clearly be a bottom tier guy. If not for all of the screen and swing passes that the backs get major YAC on, his stats would be awful. His accuracy is way off. He missed a ton of guys last night.

Oh, of course! I picked him pretty late. Didn't expect him to be a top 5 fantasy QB again. But I did not think top 12 would be a stretch. At this rate, he will clearly be a bottom tier guy. If not for all of the screen and swing passes that the backs get major YAC on, his stats would be awful. His accuracy is way off. He missed a ton of guys last night.
I wish I had him over Romo...

Ok. Makes sense, even though it's still pretty crazy you don't have a bonafide RB1/WR1. Do you have a top 5 QB?
sorry my full roster is

QB - Peyton manning

RB1 - Spiller

RB2 - Ingram

WR 1 - Emmanual Sanders

WR 2 - Edleman

TE - Julius Thomas

Flex 1 - Anquan Boldin

Flex 2 - ?

Defense - Chargers/broncos

Kicker - Justin Tucker

So far I have averaged 140 points per week int he first two weeks. Spiller has been a number 1 for sure, and Ingram has been great! Edleman and Sanders are averaging 20 points per week, and thomas is averaging 20 as well. i just need to figure out a replacement for ingram and something to stick in the flex 2. Next week I know I am screwed, but come playoff time!

I also have Kirk Cousins as the backup, drafted him in the last round knowing he would eventually start, might be trade bait

ok i need major advice... with ingram out I am in a bit on a conundrum

there are no FA running backs that have any worth at all... i put a waiver claim in for Eddie royal, so as it stands here is what I got, two RB's, two Wr's and 2 flex's

Spiller

Ingram

Turbin

Crowell

Edelman

Sanders

Boldin

Kearse

Royal

Thompkins

What combination should I start?
Spiller, Crowell, Edelman, Sanders, Boldin, Kearse. Is this PPR? If so, I'd drop one of your defenses for a WR.

Spiller, Crowell, Edelman, Sanders, Boldin, Kearse. Is this PPR? If so, I'd drop one of your defenses for a WR.
I would totally do that if there was someone available, the top guys in the Rb/Wr/Te categories are E.Royal, M. Rivera, C. Givens, A. Fasano, O. Daniels, Sanzenbacher, and Beasley.

Slim pickings, but I have waiver claims in for Daniels and Royal.

sorry my full roster is

QB - Peyton manning
RB1 - Spiller
RB2 - Ingram
WR 1 - Emmanual Sanders
WR 2 - Edleman
TE - Julius Thomas
Flex 1 - Anquan Boldin
Flex 2 - ?
Defense - Chargers/broncos
Kicker - Justin Tucker

So far I have averaged 140 points per week int he first two weeks. Spiller has been a number 1 for sure, and Ingram has been great! Edleman and Sanders are averaging 20 points per week, and thomas is averaging 20 as well. i just need to figure out a replacement for ingram and something to stick in the flex 2. Next week I know I am screwed, but come playoff time!

I also have Kirk Cousins as the backup, drafted him in the last round knowing he would eventually start, might be trade bait
I figured you would have Rodgers/Manning and either Gronk, Graham or Thomas at TE.

I figured you would have Rodgers/Manning and either Gronk, Graham or Thomas at TE.
my strategy every year, and it has won me several fantasy championships is to draft a QB and their top WR or TE. In essence it gets me double points when they hook up. I have had JT the last two years, knew the moment I saw him in his first training camp that they had gotten their Gates/Gonzalez/Graham clone.

So the guy I'm playing has a pretty bad team... he drafted Ray Rice high, so....

I'm projected to get 140, he's projected at 100 and no one on his bench is going to put up anything either.  Should be able to win this week.  Next week i could have used playing a bad team... but oh well.

Well I picked up Knile to so Im stacked at RB/Flex

My Plan is

RB 1Morris

RB 2 Knile

Flex Bradshaw (playing JAX) or Asiata (playing NO)?

Im sitting Gore, this is a PPR league

Shrewd move by Josh Gordon's handlers, and one that will surely be appreciated by fantasy owners. They had him submit a guilty plea for his DUI charge yesterday, prior to the new drug policy being implemented. The new DUI penalties (2-game suspension for the first incident) are not retro-active, so Gordon just gets slapped with a fine.

Trying to talk myself into trading Doug Martin for CJ Spiller (1/2 pt PPR).

Even if Martin does well tomorrow against a terrible run D, I don't see Tampa staying close in many games and he's terrible in pass protection.  If he's a dud tomorrow, his trade value plummets even more.

Trying to talk myself into trading Doug Martin for CJ Spiller (1/2 pt PPR).

Even if Martin does well tomorrow against a terrible run D, I don't see Tampa staying close in many games and he's terrible in pass protection. If he's a dud tomorrow, his trade value plummets even more.
I'd do it. Fred Jackson is 33, and while Spiller will never get 25 touches a game, he could still easily average close to 100 yards from scrimmage with 15-20 touches. Martin hasn't looked explosive in two years, and his backup has looked better than him for two seasons now.

Agreed. Martin has really fizzled out since his rookie season. The Spiller/Jackson situation has driven fantasy owners insane, but Spiller at least has the potential for a big game. Martin doesn't look like he can get out of his own way at this point.

Someone in my league just dropped Michael Floyd.  If there's one thing about the people in this league, it's that they have zero patience.

Someone in my league just dropped Michael Floyd. If there's one thing about the people in this league, it's that they have zero patience.
It's not that big of a deal. Even dropping Fitzgerald wouldn't be that big of a deal. That's just how bad the Cardinal's offense is.

God damn, Julio Jones is killing me in my ppr league. He has 39 points already and it's not even half way through the third quarter yet.

I wouldn't. When Roddy White comes back he'll be the fourth WR again behind H. Douglas. This may be the best game he puts up the whole year. He's bench at best.

Isn't Murray injury-prone? Somehow I placed him in the all-glass group with Reggie Bush, Arian Foster and Ben Tate. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

God damn, Julio Jones is killing me in my ppr league. He has 39 points already and it's not even half way through the third quarter yet.
Julio has been the man so far this year. He got me off to a great start in my game against the guy leading my division at 2-0. This guy is unbearable when he wins, so he's always the guy everyone wants to beat the most. With our scoring system, Julio got me 34.6 points.

Isn't Murray injury-prone? Somehow I placed him in the all-glass group with Reggie Bush, Arian Foster and Ben Tate. Maybe I'm remembering wrong.
Murray is injury-prone, but look at what we knew about Martin coming into this season. A great rookie season followed up an utter dud. Was he hurt most of last year? Sure, but when he played, he was terrible: 3.6 a carry, less action in the passing game, and one lousy TD. Whenever Murray's been healthy, he's produced. Plus, the Cowboy offense is light years ahead of the Bucs.

bread's done
Back