Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread, 2014

I think Bradshaw. The Jags are awful, and the Vikings are playing in New Orleans. Good chance of the Saints blowing them out of the building early, especially because they want to avoid the 0-3 start.

I never understand trades like that in fantasy.  What is the point if it's so equal?  Usually when you propose a trade it's supposed to be giving up something you have excess of for something you need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang looks like Charles might play tomorrow but he'll be a game time decision. Their game is at 1:25 pst, so Davis might not start if he doesn't I'll put in Gore. 

Still leaning toward Gore/Davis over Asista and possibly Chris Johnson.

I really need decent games from Brees, Marshall, Mike Wallace, Morris, and Bradshaw to win this week.

Welker is back but I decided to keep him benched and go with Marshall/Jeffery

Dang looks like Charles might play tomorrow but he'll be a game time decision. Their game is at 1:25 pst, so Davis might not start if he doesn't I'll put in Gore.

Still leaning toward Gore/Davis over Asista and possibly Chris Johnson.

I really need decent games from Brees, Marshall, Mike Wallace, Morris, and Bradshaw to win this week.

Welker is back but I decided to keep him benched and go with Marshall/Jeffery
Yea I have the predicament of having both Charles and Davis, so I hope there's more definite news before the game so I know who to go with. I'm thinking if Charles does play, he wont get the bulk of the carries this week, but who knows.

Supposedly the Chiefs sideline reporter says he doesn't think Charles will play today, for whatever that's worth. I'll be checking for updates on this right up to gametime as well, because if Charles is playing, I'll be swapping Davis out for Khiry Robinson. I still can't believe that taking Adrian Peterson at #7 on draft day is going to be the thing that kills my team this year.

I need to pick up a TE to replace Davis this week, should I drop Asiata, Ridley, Michael Floyd or Garcon?
I'd drop Asiata out of that group. I wouldn't give up on Garcon or Floyd yet, and if Ridley can hold onto the ball (which, with him, is a big if) he could give you a nice year.

Jordan todman or Mike Tolbert at rb2 today? It's a deep 16 man league and am stretching for decent running back play. It's ppr and we count return yards.

Now that Jordan Cameron has been declared active for this week (and, according to NFL.com, will not be limited in the passing game), do I go with him or Niles Paul at TE?  I picked up Paul this week, he's 2nd among TE's in yards through 2 weeks, plus Cameron has a bit of a tough matchup (in 2 games against Baltimore last year, he had one game of 5-95 and one game of 1-4)

So, Cameron or Paul?

I'm in the same boat with Cameron..picked up fleener against the jags, and may stick with it in case that shoulder is still hurting him

Now that Jordan Cameron has been declared active for this week (and, according to NFL.com, will not be limited in the passing game), do I go with him or Niles Paul at TE? I picked up Paul this week, he's 2nd among TE's in yards through 2 weeks, plus Cameron has a bit of a tough matchup (in 2 games against Baltimore last year, he had one game of 5-95 and one game of 1-4)

So, Cameron or Paul?
I think I'd lean toward Paul. The over/under of the Skins/Eagles game is around 50 and the Browns/Ravens around 43. I'd also expect Desean Jackson to be nothing more than a decoy today.

Start two of (1/2 PPR):

Alfred Blue

Knile Davis

Pierre Thomas

Fred Jackson

Danny Woodhead

Right now I have Blue and Davis penciled in.  I know Davis is a risk if Charles ends up playing, but I feel like he's got the highest ceiling of the bunch.  I can always pick up Kelce or Bowe to fill my flex spot  if Charles starts.

Looking forward to next week with byes. Need to drop someone for a TE. With Cleveland running the ball well in his absence, how much value do you guys think Ben Tate has moving forward? Also have Justin Hunter and K Robinson who may or may not be on the chopping block soon as well. Depending how they do today, but did notice someone just dropped Sankey last night.

Wow Cousins had a great game and that might have screwed me this week. Need 120 pts from Jeffery, Marshall, Seattle's D, Land Kniles

Ugh...Morris doesn't score any TDs, despite the Redskins going off. Bradshaw has a solid game, but with all the points the Colts scored, it could have been bigger. Now, I am up by a very slim margin, with Brown going against Cam tonight, with me still having Gould tomorrow night.

Thought it would be a crappy week for me, I scored my highest points. 150! That's 145, 139, and 150... My league should be scarred

Charles is back should I hang onto Kniles? I need a bye week filler D and TE since Cameron is still hurt.

I think Im dumping Chris Johnson/Rudolph and trying to get Niles Paul/SD D for next week

In the long run I think I'll keep an eye on Sankey and Taliaferro do you tihnk these guys are worth stashing?

WRs arent my problem, Jeffery, Marshall, White, Welker are great its just my opponents get those great games out of a few key players and Im left scratching my head 

Well I should be able to get my first win in my main league..but some input would be great.

I'm down just 2.3 pts. I have Decker or Ivory to play tomorrow. I'm thinking just play Ivory even if Decker suits up to be safe in case something happens to him. He's got to get me the 3 pts I need..cmon!

You just answered your own question. Even if Decker suits up, there is no guarantee that he finishes the game or has any impact. Plus, the Bears' run defense has been terrible this year, and I am sure that the Jets want to ground and pound, keep the Bear offense off the field, and not let their secondary get exposed. Ivory splitting the work load with Chris Johnson obviously makes it no guarantee, but I think it is still a pretty safe bet that he'll get enough touches to get 3 points.

I think I'm going to drop Torrey Smith in one of my leagues. I've already got D. Thomas, D. Jackson, Cobb, and K. Benjamin at WR (8 team league), plus Steve Smith is available and he seems like the Ravens receiver to own.

I think I'm going to drop Torrey Smith in one of my leagues. I've already got D. Thomas, D. Jackson, Cobb, and K. Benjamin at WR (8 team league), plus Steve Smith is available and he seems like the Ravens receiver to own.
def. they barely even look at torrey. sr has been solid every game so far.

I am almost the worst scoring team in my league and yet I've managed to squeak out two wins.  Thank God Forte converted on those last couple of third down runs...

bread's done
Back