Fantasy Football "Who should I start?" Thread, 2014

Non-PPR league. I can start 2 RBs. DeMarco Murray is pretty much guaranteed a spot. The other spot is between Leveon Bell, Rashad Jennings, Pierre Thomas, or Carlos Hyde. Bell has been putting up the points this season, but he didn't exactly play well last week outside of the 81 yard rush. Take away that play and his line was 20 rushes for 66 yards. Plus, he has to share the ball with Blount. With Jennings, he might not be as good, but at least I know he is the guy. And then Thomas and Hyde are both pretty much touchdown dependent.

I think Bell is the way to go, my friend. He's at the top of almost everyone's rankings this week. He's played really well this year, and they play Tampa...

CBS Sports said the Giants backup RB Andre Williams could get more carries this week since Jennings had a career high 34 carries last week.  Bell and Jennings are my 2 best RBs so I personally have no choice but to start both.

Question, Ball and Ellington were both dropped in my league and I have Stevan Ridley on my bench.  Should I drop Ridley for one of them?  Or maybe even DeAngelo Williams?  Tolbert and Stewart are out and Cam is banged up so Williams will probably be getting a lot of carries.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd drop Ridley if you are able to replace him with another starting RB,which obviously both Ball and Ellington are. Let's face it: the Patriot running attack is never fantasy football friendly. I only ever bother with them if I am in a deep league or scoring is PPR, which at least makes Vereen valuable. Considering all of that and the fact that Ridley is always one lost fumble away from purgatory, I'd dump him.

Looks like I'll stick with Bell then.

Also, I'd say go with Ellington. I think he's the best of the group. I'd probably even take DeAngelo Williams over Ridley if he was healthy enough. I wouldn't touch Ball, but that might just be me.

Should I start Kniles Davis this week or sit him? Sounds like Charles will be back. Should I even start Gore over Asista? 

Probably sit him. With talk of Charles playing and the game being on Monday night it's a huge risk to play him because the Chiefs will probably wait until Monday to say if Charles is playing. I dropped Kniles from both of my teams. I thought it would be best in the long run. I might have kept him if he was playing on Sunday morning/afternoon and I had a roster spot to spare.

For Gore, Both Vernon Davis and RT Anthony Davis are practicing, so the Niners should go back to running the ball next week.

Probably sit him. With talk of Charles playing and the game being on Monday night it's a huge risk to play him because the Chiefs will probably wait until Monday to say if Charles is playing. I dropped Kniles from both of my teams. I thought it would be best in the long run. I might have kept him if he was playing on Sunday morning/afternoon and I had a roster spot to spare.

For Gore, Both Vernon Davis and RT Anthony Davis are practicing, so the Niners should go back to running the ball next week.
So start him over Asista? Its a tough decision

I hate Thursday night games, and I have been burned so many times by guys playing on Thursdays. I like Rivers.
As The Iron Sheik would say, fuck THE THURSDAY GAME!

I hate it, they really might as well play every day. There are only 3 games on Sunday afternoon now, on my local channels. It used to be 4 or 5, usually every channel had at least one a week. I guess I am just grouchy, because this can really screw a fantasy team as well. No more waiting until Saturday after I'm drunk to add/drop/set rosters.

Non-PPR league. I can start 2 RBs. DeMarco Murray is pretty much guaranteed a spot. The other spot is between Leveon Bell, Rashad Jennings, Pierre Thomas, or Carlos Hyde. Bell has been putting up the points this season, but he didn't exactly play well last week outside of the 81 yard rush. Take away that play and his line was 20 rushes for 66 yards. Plus, he has to share the ball with Blount. With Jennings, he might not be as good, but at least I know he is the guy. And then Thomas and Hyde are both pretty much touchdown dependent.
You start Murray/Bell every week man.

Twitter was posting tons of guys on the opposite side of the spectrum who started Eli, Cruz and Donnell who were already up 70+

I started Cousins at QB since Russell Wilson had a bye. I was not expecting that meltdown. My opponent started Garcon though, so my matchup isn't doom and gloom. 

I had to double check the thread title when I read this sentence. I thought maybe I was in the wrong thread.
Oops! I didn't think about that until I saw your reply.

He did hose a few teams this week. Maybe he's not as good as everyone thought....RG3 would have probably thrown 6 interceptions though.

I really hope Charles gets a workload tonight. I'm down 4 and have charles/Edelman vs gronk/pats d.

Also have knile to switch in if anything changes with charles.

Was offered Gore and Royal for Ivory and Cameron and I declined. This guy needs a TE bad and I play him this week, which made it so much easier to decline.  

Was offered Gore and Royal for Ivory and Cameron and I declined. This guy needs a TE bad and I play him this week, which made it so much easier to decline.
I at least give the guy credit for trying to sell HIGH on Royal. But I do not know anyone who's been doing fantasy for any amount of time who would fall for it...

Was offered Fred Jackson for Trent Richardson. Thoughts?
I dont like fred jackson a ton against detroit this week. but I like him overall more than richardson, who I think isnt a good football player.

Are you playing richardson? would you play jackson if you had him?

Jackson is a better player than Richardson, but Richardson is going to keep getting touches in Indy, because they are obsessed with convincing everyone they didn't get fleeced out of a 1st round draft pick. Touches in Indy's offense are inevitability going to lead to points. Plus, Jackson's situation is not ideal, splitting time with Spiller and their QB situation in flux.

So should I start Bradshaw this week at Bal over Morris at Seattle? What about Welker over Marshall?
Sadly, Bradshaw and Morris are my backs, and I don't like either situation. Bradshaw is clearly the more talented back on Indy, but they are going to keep force-feeding Richardson. At least, if it's a PPR league, you know you are gonna get like 3 or 4 catches from Bradshaw. That TD streak is obviously going to end, though, and without those, his performances start looking pedestrian.

Washington is playing at home, so at least, the match-up with Seattle is not AS bad as it could be. Morris also plays very, very well at home (12 TDs in his last 12 home games). Unfortunately, if Seattle gets off to a fast start and buries them early, Helu will get all of the snaps.

Mohamed Sanu of the Bengals or Allen Hurns of the Jaguars in the Flex spot in a Yahoo PPR dynasty league? Starting 3 WR as of now are Megatron, Welker, and Eddie Royal (whom I just picked up.)

Sadly, Bradshaw and Morris are my backs, and I don't like either situation. Bradshaw is clearly the more talented back on Indy, but they are going to keep force-feeding Richardson. At least, if it's a PPR league, you know you are gonna get like 3 or 4 catches from Bradshaw. That TD streak is obviously going to end, though, and without those, his performances start looking pedestrian.

Washington is playing at home, so at least, the match-up with Seattle is not AS bad as it could be. Morris also plays very, very well at home (12 TDs in his last 12 home games). Unfortunately, if Seattle gets off to a fast start and buries them early, Helu will get all of the snaps.
Yea I think Seattle D's is going to kill Washington

I am starting Frank Gore but I need another RB. I have Reggie Bush, Doug Martin, and Ben Tate. Who should I start out of this lineup?

Not only is Bell out, but so Reddick, the 3rd string back. Bush's back-up is gonna be some guy they signed off the practice squad. Bush should see a ton of touches.

bread's done
Back