Far Cry impressions

I've still got some left over credit.. and i've been waiting for Rayman to come in.. and I know I bought it and took it back because of the review.. but whatever, I don't really care, I need a new game, I love Far Cry, and i'm all about graphics over gameplay.. i'll probably just bite the bullet and get it.. it's not like i'm spending money (I bought three games off the MS retail site.. total was $22.. traded in at $86.. used credit + cash for Elebits, Far Cry is completely credit.. so it's like a free game anyway).

[quote name='Wolfpup']It's hard to tell by that video, as with most videos they're so low resolution-I doubt the 360 version looks much different shown like that.
[/quote]

Not even close, the 360 version is worlds ahead of it.

I think he just meant that in a crappy web video, even the 360 version would look bad. Not that they look identical in real life.

[quote name='icruise']I think he just meant that in a crappy web video, even the 360 version would look bad. Not that they look identical in real life.[/quote]

I see

I got the game myself hoping it would at least be equal to the xbox version, but the game is riddled with bugs, graphical bugs and gameplay hindering bugs as well.

The game look worse than the pc version of far cry with the settings on LOW, thats mostly due to all of the bugs I encountered. I can deal with low resolution textures, but when you see random shadows appearing through walls, skybox textures repeating, and water glitching away into the distance that looks worse than mario 64, that just completes it... I had said in my first impression the Ai was comparable to the first far cry, upon playing further into the game, this isn't so. there are moments where you can seemingly sneak up on an enemy patrol and hear a conversation, but then if you move past the gigantic low resolution vegitation wall, they can see you through the thickest of vegitation that you try to sneak through, unlike in the PC version where you can really sneak through the bushes. The enemy AI was seriously comparable to spec ops for the PS1.

that video actually improved my impressions of this game.. looks fun and decent enough graphically. Want to rent it now.

So i finally rented it.. It plays pretty well. It gives me a lot of hope that Good Wii FPS games can be made. The game looks like ass and the level design is boring, though. I do think it's pretty fun and shows a lot of promise for the wii future FPS games.

Also I put in the 360 Far Cry for comparison, and obviously the graphics blow it out of the water, but the controls feel so horrible on the 360 version. I always knew it had a little bit of imprecise aiming on that version, but after the smoothness of the Wii version, it's almost unbearable. I wish I could play the 360 version with Wii controls..

Im with everyone else, I think it is ugly as sin but it is fun to play. I love going into predator mode and running at full speed towards enemys and swiping away at them. To bad Ubi made this a rush job and what looks like a PS2 port. Thank you Ubi for the support, but get off your ass and make a custom,original wii game.

bread's done
Back