Fat people must be stopped before they kill us all.

[quote name='Maklershed']The article doesn't mention they're breathing all my air through deep gulps from their mouth.[/quote]

They are slowing crushing me to death when they sit next to me at a concert/sporting event/movie/on an airplane with their guts and fat arms spilling over into my seat.

What if the fatties ate all the other fatties? Aside from the problem of the most epic of epic fatty left standing this idea seems like the best plan.

[quote name='lilboo']They also tend to smell when you are in small/confined places with them. :nottalking:[/quote]

That's probably because of the diabeetus.

[quote name='Magehart']What if the fatties ate all the other fatties? Aside from the problem of the most epic of epic fatty left standing this idea seems like the best plan.[/QUOTE]
We can just put cakes in giant mouse traps and leave them all over the place.

my.php

This article is completely stupid.

Just another finger being pointed and a reason for people to discriminate.

[quote name='MegoW64']This article is completely stupid.

Just another finger being pointed and a reason for people to discriminate.[/quote]

Yeah, thats what fat people want us to think, while they're sucking up the worlds resources.

Wait, sometimes I eat 1200 calories in a single meal. I'm 6'0", 165. Does that make me obese now? Damn. The obesity crisis is far worse than I imagined!

[quote name='TahoeMax']Wait, sometimes I eat 1200 calories in a single meal. I'm 6'0", 165. Does that make me obese now? Damn. The obesity crisis is far worse than I imagined![/QUOTE]

Fat Cow!

Burn the fat people to reduce our dependence on foreign oil. If we can do it with french fry oil, why not with fat people (especially since french fry oil makes up 87.43% of their mass anyways).

[quote name='TahoeMax']Wait, sometimes I eat 1200 calories in a single meal. I'm 6'0", 165. Does that make me obese now? Damn. The obesity crisis is far worse than I imagined![/quote]

Your BMI is only 22. I think you're safe.

[quote name='gregthomas77']Burn the fat people to reduce our dependence on foreign oil. If we can do it with french fry oil, why not with fat people (especially since french fry oil makes up 87.43% of their mass anyways).[/quote]

And while they're at it, Revlon and Maybelline could use the blubber for their cosmetics.

[quote name='shieryda']And while they're at it, Revlon and Maybelline could use the blubber for their cosmetics.[/QUOTE]

Good thinking. Reduce the amount of fatness and ugliness at the same time.

[quote name='gregthomas77']Good thinking. Reduce the amount of fatness and ugliness at the same time.[/quote]

Green Peace would be ecstatic, too, because it would end the seal/whale slaughter (at least for that industry).

[quote name='javeryh']BMI is crap. My BMI is 27.8 and I could kick everyone's ass in this room.[/quote]

Maybe, but in case of emergency, we could all outrun you!:)

The article seems like somebody who just finished Econ 101 trying to blame somebody with weak statistics. But while I don't think fat people are causing the world's downfall, I do think they're gross to look at.

[quote name='MegoW64']This article is completely stupid.

Just another finger being pointed and a reason for people to discriminate.[/quote]

nice sig :lol:

[quote name='shieryda']Maybe, but in case of emergency, we could all outrun you!:)[/quote]

Maybe... but I run 4 miles every morning - I'm spry for an old guy! ;)

[quote name='javeryh']Maybe... but I run 4 miles every morning - I'm spry for an old guy! ;)[/quote]

Okay, I take it back. Anyone who runs that much could easily beat me in a footrace. I only run if I'm being chased.

[quote name='javeryh']BMI is crap. My BMI is 27.8 and I could kick everyone's ass in this room.[/QUOTE]
This guy wants to wrestle. Oil up now and meet me in 5 minutes.

Wow, I'm surprised nobody who they themself are normally an asshole/troll hasn't come in here yet to yell at everyone for making light of fat people.

[quote name='Chacrana']The article seems like somebody who just finished Econ 101 trying to blame somebody with weak statistics. But while I don't think fat people are causing the world's downfall, I do think they're gross to look at.[/quote]

Funny you mention that cause when I was reading the article I was thinking this seems like someone just got done reading Freakonomics and wanted to come up with a zany cause and effect theory of their own.

[quote name='Maklershed']
Funny you mention that cause when I was reading the article I was thinking this seems like someone just got done reading Freakonomics and wanted to come up with a zany cause and effect theory of their own.[/quote]

I need to read that book...

Freakonomics is a piece of shit book. Economists are shit for explaining social phenomena, since they're stuck neck-deep in the tautology of rational choice theory.

As for fatties, I can see the argument that they're trying to make. But calories is not necessarily related to the quality of food; two people can eat the same bologna sammich and consume very different quantities of calories, especially if one is poor and buying "Aldi" quality bologna (lots of fats and filler), and the other affords some healthy choice stuff (is there a healthy choice bologna?) - repeat as needed with wonder bread versus multigrain bread ad nauseum.

The article is premised on the false idea that being a fatty means consuming more resources than others, which is surely made irrelevant in terms of auto usage by the variation in fuel efficiency (a fatty in a Toyota Corolla versus a skinny midget in a Humvee), and meals consumed, etc.

Don't get me wrong: it's always fun to make fun of the fatties, premised on the false notion that they are all responsible for their plight. But that doesn't necessarily make this true.

And when the food runs out, fat people will turn to skinny people for food, the fat shall inherit the earth so to speak.:lol:

What I didn't like about Freakonomics was that the author would just start talking about his greatness in the middle of explaining a theory. It seemed to occur every chapter too. It was really narcissistic and overall angered me to the point that I just stopped reading the book altogether. Sounds silly I know but what can I say.

[quote name='Maklershed']What I didn't like about Freakonomics was that the author would just start talking about his greatness in the middle of explaining a theory. It seemed to occur every chapter too. It was really narcissistic and overall angered me to the point that I just stopped reading the book altogether. Sounds silly I know but what can I say.[/QUOTE]

That explains Sudhir Venkatesh's fevered ego too, I suppose.

His book finds interesting associations, but he comes to conclusions that are shit (e.g., abortion lead to reduced crime rates without controlling for more important measures), and all of his work is premised on rational choice, which is a dog-ass theory if there ever was one.

But I'll spare you the spiel on why for another day.

Nevertheless, I do agree that it's the only nonfiction book I've ever read where the author sucks his own cock for the majority of the text.

[quote name='javeryh']BMI is crap. My BMI is 27.8 and I could kick everyone's ass in this room.[/quote]

Duh. Fat people are always looking to fight. BMI = Beatdown Motivation Index. It's actually a logarithmic scale, too. Your score of 27.8 makes you nearly 1,000,000 times more likely to start a ruckus than my 22.

I once heard from a fat person that being fat helped them lift things easier, like refrigerators. It also made them feel the pain of bullets less than if they were skinny and someone shot them.

[quote name='Maklershed']I once heard from a fat person that being fat helped them lift things easier, like refrigerators. It also made them feel the pain of bullets less than if they were skinny and someone shot them.[/quote]
This is untrue. I am fat & I highly doubt if someone shoots me right in the stomache, my fat will stop it from seriously injuring me.

I would also like to be the first to apologize for this. I know fat people are wasteful & bad to look at, which is why I am trying to lose weight (down to 270 from 300 & counting :D) I agree with it except for the fat people being the cause of high gas prices. If the car uses more gas, then that just have to buy more. I dont see how that would affect the price. I could be wrong, though, I didnt pay much attention in ecconomics.

[quote name='Segasonic01']except for the fat people being the cause of high gas prices. If the car uses more gas, then that just have to buy more.[/QUOTE]

The article was kinda poorly written with regards to that.

In an identical situation where a fat person and a skinny person drove two absolutely identical cars using the exact same acceleration methods, speeds, etc to the point where the other different variables were the drivers' weight the person in the skinny car would drive a bit further than the one hauling the fatter person since that car has more weight to carry around and thus needs to consume a bit more gas to keep an even pace with the other car. It's this basis the article uses.

As Myke already pointed out, that's pretty much total bullshit since that situation simply does not exist. Given engine sizes, travel distances, even traffic patterns you can't point to one group (fat, skinny, blind, etc.) and say they are the primary cause of gas consumption in automobiles and thus are the cause of the gas prices.

[quote name='TahoeMax']Duh. Fat people are always looking to fight. BMI = Beatdown Motivation Index. It's actually a logarithmic scale, too. Your score of 27.8 makes you nearly 1,000,000 times more likely to start a ruckus than my 22.[/quote]

:rofl:My laughter can be heard through the entire floor of my office building.

They want to fight at the drop of a hat because they have a complex, and choose to do nothing to make more healthy decisions in their lives. Fighting is the only form of exercise that they can justify.

Though, in their defense, fat people are not the sole reason for rising food prices. It's the goddamn ethanol craze that's increasing global warming and high food prices.

[quote name='Segasonic01']...I am trying to lose weight (down to 270 from 300 & counting :D) [/quote]

Congratulations man - and good luck. The key is to remember that every day is a new opportunity to better yourself, so keep at it!

The place where I work there's a craft class a.k.a. "fat people meeting" once a month. It's on the second floor. To this day I have not seen one of them take the stairs, They all try to squeeze into the elevator. I try not to take that elevator because 1. it's old as it is. 2. it's probably been weakened.

[quote name='TahoeMax']Duh. Fat people are always looking to fight. BMI = Beatdown Motivation Index. It's actually a logarithmic scale, too. Your score of 27.8 makes you nearly 1,000,000 times more likely to start a ruckus than my 22.[/quote]

Really? I'm pretty passive actually. That might be true though. Did I mention that I'm not fat at all? I work out a lot so I think that is what is weighing me down and raising my BMI.

bread's done
Back