Fat people must be stopped before they kill us all.

[quote name='that article']Some very muscular people may have a high BMI without undue health risks.[/quote]

That's me!

30 pounds overweight is considered obese, but there's a big difference between that and "morbidly obese".

I wanted to take a pic of the guy who works in my building today as he was sitting outside getting some air. He's probably 6', 400+.

The BMI was never really intended to be used in a medical setting. The guy who invented wasn't even a physician.

I've actually heard of some people who weight train having similar health problems to those who are overweight.

"The team found that obese people require 1,680 daily calories to sustain normal energy and another 1,280 to maintain daily activities - a fifth more than normal"

Sorry, but I call BS on that. if only 1,680 calories are needed to sustain normal energy then WTF is the point of Daily Values? If I consumed calories according to this "team" I wouldn't make it...and no, I'm not fat

[quote name='crushtopher']"The team found that obese people require 1,680 daily calories to sustain normal energy and another 1,280 to maintain daily activities - a fifth more than normal"

Sorry, but I call BS on that. if only 1,680 calories are needed to sustain normal energy then WTF is the point of Daily Values? If I consumed calories according to this "team" I wouldn't make it...and no, I'm not fat[/quote]

According to my height and build, my nutritionist said that to maintain a 'healthy' weight I'm really only supposed to live off about 1000-1200 calories a day. I'm sure I could swing that if I were a raw vegan who doesn't even eat fruit or most vegetables (like I'm supposed to), but I could've sworn that's borderline of anorexia.

And Daily Values is what got us in this everybody's a fatass mess in the first place.

[quote name='MegoW64']This article is completely stupid.

Just another finger being pointed and a reason for people to discriminate.[/QUOTE]

Says the man with the particular Cyanide and Happiness signature.

bread's done
Back