FF Origins back in stock at Wherehouse.com plus FFVIII

lude21

CAG Newbie
Origins -NEW 88 cents
FFVIII - NEW $4.99

My order just shipped today, very happy considering i got FFlX last week for 88 cents too from them. Just thought i'd give ya the heads-up. Hurry im sure they'll go fast. Unfortunately no free shipping code. Still a great deal tho. Shipping is $3.50 and $1 each additional.

Good Luck!

edit- WOW u guys are quick...as soon as i wrote this they disappeared, LOL

Damn, wish I didn't miss this one. After recently finding out the PS3 can play PS1 games via disc, I've been dying to find some of the good originals at a decent price.

Now if I could only find Monster Rancher 1 or 2 . . . :cool:

Free Shipping?

Otherwise FFVIII isn't worth it...they will probably release this as a PSONE classic soon on PSN.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Free Shipping?

Otherwise FFVIII isn't worth it...they will probably release this as a PSONE classic soon on PSN.[/QUOTE]

FFVIII for $8.50 NEW not worth it? To me it is, since i wont open it as its goin straight into my collection. The cheapest i saw it was at my local game store, which priced it at $8 with scratches and no book. Collectors dont collect PSN games.

[quote name='lude21']FFVIII for $8.50 NEW not worth it? To me it is, since i wont open it as its goin straight into my collection. The cheapest i saw it was at my local game store, which priced it at $8 with scratches and no book. Collectors dont collect PSN games.[/QUOTE]

Oh, well if you're a collector it's DEFINITELY worth it. However, I bought FFVII and have yet to play it again, so I'd be shooting myself in the foot if I bought FFVIII right now, especially with my backlog T_T

[quote name='Maromi']I think VIII is back in stock.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I checked this thread again before shutting down my comp. Thanks OP and Thanks Maromi :)

Yeah I saw it, was thinking...and then it was already gone. I'm wondering if I could sell it somewhere if I pick one up...ebay or something?

[quote name='Vortextk']Yeah I saw it, was thinking...and then it was already gone. I'm wondering if I could sell it somewhere if I pick one up...ebay or something?[/QUOTE]

If you picked it up and decided you didn't want it you'd make a tiny profit, I think a sealed copy runs anywhere between 17 - 22 dollars...so you'd most likely get your money back...

Well I already have ffviii on pc AND playstation. Not mint and sealed mind you, but they work(well, I haven't tested the pc version in like 8 years..). 5 bucks just seems insane for really any final fantasy title(maybe not mystic quest, or what was that other fake gameboy FF?). Guess I'll be on the lookout too.

My order just shipped today, very happy considering i got FFlX last week for 88 cents too from
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

I just found out about this today. The local Play N Trade manager told me. He knows I'm a big RPGer, and asked about 7 + 9. "I found this link on this website for these, and ordered a ton of Origins & 8.."

Such is the way. fuck you, resellers.

Do you guys know if these are greatest hits versions? The picture shows the original, but I know a lot of places show the original picture and then sell the greatest hits version. Thanks for your help!

I was asking because they have Final Fantasy Anthology and Final Fantasy: Chronicles, both new for 15.50 - the picture shows the original version but I'm wondering if they are greatest hits versions. They are in-stock, and non-GH versions would be decent at that price.

They're definitely Greatest Hits versions. Both the copies of FFIX I got from the previous Wherehouse FF debacle turned out to be GH, and it's foolish to expect otherwise.

[quote name='Capitalizt']Ass.[/QUOTE]

Problem? I could've just not reported that there are still signs of life on this deal...

These things are just so hard to come by and people are getting peeved that they want one to actually play when 80% of the people are hoarding these for profit.

Still, assuming that someone who buys three copies is "hoarding" rather than "giving cool, cheap gifts to friends in addition to keeping one for himself" is sort of foolish. It's not like anyone's going to get rich off of a compilation of games that have been re-released like 4 times in the last 6 years or so. :p Plus there's always the fact that there's no way all 3 copies will even ship...I'll be lucky to get one. :)

I'm still waiting on the guy that will eventually post in one of the Wherehouse threads claiming he bought the last 50 copies of FFVII at $0.88 apiece. :D

Oh I understand, I wasn't talking about the buying 3. I meant there ARE people who have claimed to be buying these in bulk, 3 isn't a big deal to me, but like you said, 50 is absurd.

[quote name='lude21']FFVIII for $8.50 NEW not worth it? To me it is, since i wont open it as its goin straight into my collection. The cheapest i saw it was at my local game store, which priced it at $8 with scratches and no book. Collectors dont collect PSN games.[/QUOTE]

Games are meant to be played!!! I.e. I'm in the camp of buying it when it inevitably comes out on PSN. It'll have MUCH faster load times and a digital copy of the manual.

It's worth $8 if you're getting it for yourself. For hoarding/reselling not so much, because sealed copies of VIII on eBay only sell for in the teens. Considering fees etc. it'd be pretty stupid.

I managed to get VIII and IX. My Origins was canceled last time.

Multiple items and the shipping slowly raises, so if you can get a couple copies or different games the shipping isn't nearly as bad.

For those of you who received your items, were they factory sealed (Y fold on the tops and bottoms) or did they look resealed (like they do in gamestop, softer plastic)?

My copies of FFIX were shrinkwrapped. However, there were lots of PSOne games sold new at retail that were sealed in this fashion, so this doesn't mean that they are 'resealed.'

Really? I thought all PS1 games had the Sony label on the top and were shrink wrapped differently. Were any PS2 games sold this way? My copy of Star Ocean (I got IX and Star Ocean PS2) was also in the same shrink wrap without label on the side....

[quote name='Darrith']It's worth $8 if you're getting it for yourself. For hoarding/reselling not so much, because sealed copies of VIII on eBay only sell for in the teens. Considering fees etc. it'd be pretty stupid.

I managed to get VIII and IX. My Origins was canceled last time.[/QUOTE]

Think again.

Legit Original Sealed PS1 FFs (Yfold, hologram and all) are selling like hotcakes at really high prices compared to what they're worth because of collectors.

Mint Sealed FFVIII (Black Label) fetches normally at $80-$150, I found one recently finished auction ended at $110.01

New Final Fantasy VIII, Black Label, Mint

Severely Cracked sealed Black Label FFVIIIs also sell a lot

New Cracked Black Label FFVIII

Heck even GH sealed copies sell for $15+.

Legit New GH FFVIII

But remember, it has to be the legit one (yfold, hologram and everything, yes even the GH ones has those) but from what I'm reading at the stuff that you guys are getting, you don't really have the legit new copies but merely re-shrink-wrapped mint condition FFs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are legit. It looks like re-shrink wrapped but it has a lot of small holes in it, just like the old SNES/NES games. The Star Ocean PS2 I opened was perfect (new). Not mint, but new.

[quote name='darkwingduck13']My copies of FFIX were shrinkwrapped. However, there were lots of PSOne games sold new at retail that were sealed in this fashion, so this doesn't mean that they are 'resealed.'[/QUOTE]

Ah, that sucks. Sounds like you are rationalizing.

Actually, he's not. I very closely and carefully inspected both games I received (Star Ocean and FFIX) and even though they did not have Y-folds, they were both new and factory sealed. The big change for FFIX is that it's now by Suqare-Enix and not Sqaresoft. All the discs were perfect (and I mean perfect) and clearly new since they were insanely hard to get out. The plastic on the cases (wrap and case themselves) was flawless and the seal had small holes ala SNES seals. I know they stopped putting on the white lables on the top of PS1/side of PS2 games and it seems like S-E went with cheaper shrinkwrapping.

Having re-shrink wrapped many an item (at GameStop) and looked over the games/cases I'm 99.9% sure these games are new. If they're used then they were owned by Monk.

[quote name='Jon Bon']Ah, that sucks. Sounds like you are rationalizing.[/QUOTE]

Actually, this sounds like the rationalizing of someone wishing he had gotten in on a deal. :p

Seriously, though. It doesn't take much beyond common sense to look at these and know that they're new, even if you weren't aware of the change in sealing methods late in the PSOne's life. The same thing has happened with some PS2 titles.

edit: Wonders never cease...I just got an e-mail saying that all 3 copies of FF Origins have shipped. I honestly thought they'd just get cancelled. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
After a few more searches, I can confirm that the last batches of FFIX GH after the Square and Enix merger, didn't come with a hologram. Still check your game for these versions.

Final Fantasy IX SLUS-01251GH, 01295GH, 01297GH - Square Enix

On the other hand, if the one you're holding right now says "Squaresoft" it should have the white label and a hologram, even if it looks like Monk owned it. PS2 games on the other hand didn't follow this and the majority of them don't have the hologram, but that's another story.

Origins was in stock about an hour ago, for no more than 3 minutes. Seems like these things are popping in and out at random times, so check often.

bread's done
Back