ff7 remake ?

Abdullah2

CAGiversary!
i couldnt find anyone here talking about it, but someone i know says that square has announced that they will make the remake after all due to the demand, has anyone else heard this, theres a chance that he just heard an aprils fools but he sounded sure so i dunno

I think they made a video to show off the graphical power of the PS3, but AFAIK, there are no plans to remake the game.

i know about the ps3 demo and what they said,but he said this announcement was today,he was probly misinformed, jes makin sure noone else heard this

I thought I heard something about a PSP remake, but that info's probably wrong too.

As a side note, the FF 7 Advent Children DVD will come with alittle FF7 Anime prequel. It looks like Zack is the main character. I'm not sure if this is okd news though.

Yeah, Square-Enix stated that the remade FF7 footage was purely just PS3 demo footage.

However, in the latest EGM, the rumor section says that Square-Enix is actually working on a remade FF7 for PS3 despite their previous statement, and just didn't want to let the cat out of the bag yet. We'll see if this turns out to be true or not.

I hope this is not true. Having a remake of a generation old game be the 'must have' game of a new system would be a bad precedent to start.

Well, in the EGM Rumor Mill Number 194 apparantly said "I've got it on very, very good authority that the company is indeed bringing a visually updated version of FFVII to PS3."

So who knows...

[quote name='Abdullah2']i couldnt find anyone here talking about it, but someone i know says that square has announced that they will make the remake after all due to the demand, has anyone else heard this, theres a chance that he just heard an aprils fools but he sounded sure so i dunno[/QUOTE]
I think what you're talking about is FF VII: Advent Children on PSP. Check it out @ gamestop or something.

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']Well, in the EGM Rumor Mill Number 194 apparantly said "I've got it on very, very good authority that the company is indeed bringing a visually updated version of FFVII to PS3."

So who knows...[/QUOTE]

i also saw that... very intriguing

You can still buy this game brand new and there are an abundance of used ones available everywhere from pawn shops to gamestop. Is the only reason for a remake to improve the graphics?

Seems that way...since there are tons of FFVII fanboys that would be enough reason to buy it. Personally I could care less if they did remake it or not.

I already own the original one, so don't need another one, no matter how it looks. Though my wife seems to be all for it...she can't even play the original one cause "the story confuses her". I told her the story won't change...she just not good at playing RPGs that don't have to do with catching little monsters and battling them.

Eventually, this game will be re-made. It'll sell like hot cakes. Unfortunately for the people who want it re-made, the original is still available and sold today, so releasing a new game wouldn't be as successful...as it would guide people away from buying the old one. (Which, as I said, they're still milking money from.)

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']I'm all for a FF7-2 and I guess I'd buy the remake if they made it. I just hope don't make it a remix and change what makes FF7....FF7[/QUOTE]
I heard that they considered making a FFVII-2 when they announed Kingdom Hearts 2, but they scrapped the idea.

They arent. The same rumors happened after the Ps2 FF7 footage demo. Square wont remake it.
Totally true. Except it was the FF8 dance scene :p
Everyone was like "OMG FF8 REMAKE FOR PS2 I CANNOT WAIT!!!" but do you see a FF8 remake for PS2 right now?? HUH???

That game doesn't need to be remade, it was garbage. If Square was to remake anything, you'd think they're remake the highest selling FF game from the Playstation era, which was FF8. Not that I'm saying FF8 was any good, because it wasn't.

Also, they're already kinda making FF7-2 through FF7-5, don't you think? This compilation of Final Fantasy 7 shit. FF7: Before Crisis, FF7: Crisis Core, FF7: Advent Children, FF7: Dirge of Cerberus. Including the original, that's five games.

Why do people insist on a remake of this game? Yes it was the best RPG of its time, but let's leave it at that.

Right now square can't make a decent RPG if their life depended on it so let's not encourage them.

Hell, at this point I'm simply hoping that Square follows through on their promise to bring Final Fantasy III to the DS, seeing as how it's the only 'classic' FF title without a remake or rerelease (Mystic Quest notwithstanding).

Irony can be a cruel bitch, though, as I played through III for the first time on my PSP a few weeks back. Best of the NES titles, but if you like the job system, FFV does a far better job integrating it into the game.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I hope this is not true. Having a remake of a generation old game be the 'must have' game of a new system would be a bad precedent to start.[/QUOTE]

Not when it is in fact one of the greatest game s of that generation. FYI a remake can infact be tweaked to seem like a whole new game (see: RE NGC). Especially when the original looks totally outdated and is filled with tons of mis-translations.

[quote name='Scrubking']Why do people insist on a remake of this game? Yes it was the best RPG of its time, but let's leave it at that.

Right now square can't make a decent RPG if their life depended on it so let's not encourage them.[/QUOTE]

Why the fuck do people do this? Just becauise you didn't like FFX and FFX-2 does not mean they're bad. Please understand that your opinion is your own and does not constitute what's fact, hell if anything saying dumb shit like that actually works against you, as to say when it comes to you're opinion, the inverse of what's said is true. This goes to ever fucktard that feels to need to bash a genuinly good game or series (you know who you are).

[quote name='alongx']That game doesn't need to be remade, it was garbage. If Square was to remake anything, you'd think they're remake the highest selling FF game from the Playstation era, which was FF8. Not that I'm saying FF8 was any good, because it wasn't.

Also, they're already kinda making FF7-2 through FF7-5, don't you think? This compilation of Final Fantasy 7 shit. FF7: Before Crisis, FF7: Crisis Core, FF7: Advent Children, FF7: Dirge of Cerberus. Including the original, that's five games.[/QUOTE]

1) FFVll is still in fact the highest selling RPG ever.

2) Advent Children is a movie not a game.

3) There has yet to be a "garbage" Final Fantasy game (Crystal Chronicles not withstanding). If you have any arguments, please tell, I would enjoy tearing them apart piece by piece.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']It would be great if they remade the nintendo or Snes ones.[/QUOTE]

FFVI and Chrono Trigger were, and still are beautiful and amazingly fun games to play. Part of their charm is their simplicity. I think bringing them into 3d would really hurt them. Just look at Chrono Cross. :sad:

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Not when it is in fact one of the greatest game s of that generation. FYI a remake can infact be tweaked to seem like a whole new game (see: RE NGC). Especially when the original looks totally outdated and is filled with tons of mis-translations.

Why the fuck do people do this? Just becauise you didn't like FFX and FFX-2 does not mean they're bad. Please understand that your opinion is your own and does not constitute what's fact, hell if anything saying dumb shit like that actually works against you, as to say when it comes to you're opinion, the inverse of what's said is true. This goes to ever fucktard that feels to need to bash a genuinly good game or series (you know who you are).

1) FFVll is still in fact the highest selling RPG ever.

2) Advent Children is a movie not a game.

3) There has yet to be a "garbage" Final Fantasy game (Crystal Chronicles not withstanding). If you have any arguments, please tell, I would enjoy tearing them apart piece by piece.[/QUOTE]

I think you misquoted me seeing how what you said under my quote had absolutely nothing to do with what I said. If it did then your insane cause I never said anything about FFX or FFX-2

[quote name='Scrubking']I think you misquoted me seeing how what you said under my quote had absolutely nothing to do with what I said. If it did then your insane cause I never said anything about FFX or FFX-2[/QUOTE]

[quote name='you, shecky']
Right now square can't make a decent RPG if their life depended on it so let's not encourage them.[/quote]

Tell me the titles that Square has been putting out "right now"?

I can see some people have a hard on of FFX and FFX-2, but those games compared to the good FF games utterly suck. Period. You can't compare the linear garbage of today with the greatness of the past. Like I said Square stopped making good rpg's a long time ago.

Seriously, FFX-2 was like like a britney spears RPG or something complete with teeny girl pop music. My ears were bleeding. :puke:

[quote name='mykevermin']Tell me the titles that Square has been putting out "right now"?[/QUOTE]
I haven't been paying attention to release dates at all, but the only Squeenix titles I'm familiar with are Kindom Hearts 2 and FF12, both of which keep getting pushed back.

I was merely pointing out that Scrub made an ambiguous statement (Square RPG's suck "right now"), then backpedaled, saying "I didn't say anything about FFX or FFX-2." Finally, he then stated that FFX-2 *did* suck. You should see this kid in the vs. forum.

No, seriously, you shouldn't.

I can't believe I forgot about Kingdom Hearts, which was a very fun (if not crazy hard for a kid's game) action/RPG. CoM (the GBA title) was kinda fun, but not as good as the PS2 title.

[quote name='Scrubking']I can see some people have a hard on of FFX and FFX-2, but those games compared to the good FF games utterly suck. Period. You can't compare the linear garbage of today with the greatness of the past. Like I said Square stopped making good rpg's a long time ago.

Seriously, FFX-2 was like like a britney spears RPG or something complete with teeny girl pop music. My ears were bleeding. :puke:[/QUOTE]

WTF? Outside two CGI sequences the Music is your a typical FF music, as to say, very good. Sure the story was a bit lacking and was strung togetehr half-assed, but the lightning fast battles and reramped job class system, more than made up for it. It's always said not to judge a book by it's cover, well I believe that also apply's to videogames.

[quote name='alongx']That game doesn't need to be remade, it was garbage. If Square was to remake anything, you'd think they're remake the highest selling FF game from the Playstation era, which was FF8. Not that I'm saying FF8 was any good, because it wasn't.

Also, they're already kinda making FF7-2 through FF7-5, don't you think? This compilation of Final Fantasy 7 shit. FF7: Before Crisis, FF7: Crisis Core, FF7: Advent Children, FF7: Dirge of Cerberus. Including the original, that's five games.[/QUOTE]

:lol: You are hilarious.

FFVII looks very painfully dated, now. 2d graphics hold up great - but the block-armed FFVII looks terrible at points. Especially blown up all big on my projector. It'd be nice to see a graphical update with a re-translation.

[quote name='Kayden']FFVI and Chrono Trigger were, and still are beautiful and amazingly fun games to play. Part of their charm is their simplicity. I think bringing them into 3d would really hurt them. Just look at Chrono Cross. :sad:[/QUOTE]

i love chrono cross. but i do like trigger a 1000 times better

i would rather see a remake of FF 6 , its my favorite story-line wise. but the best thing for square to do is.....
MAKE ANOTHER CHRONO GAME!!!

[quote name='-Never4ever-']
3) There has yet to be a "garbage" Final Fantasy game (Crystal Chronicles not withstanding). If you have any arguments, please tell, I would enjoy tearing them apart piece by piece.[/QUOTE]

Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. Try and tear that apart.

[quote name='Scrubking']I can see some people have a hard on of FFX and FFX-2, but those games compared to the good FF games utterly suck. Period. You can't compare the linear garbage of today with the greatness of the past. Like I said Square stopped making good rpg's a long time ago.

Seriously, FFX-2 was like like a britney spears RPG or something complete with teeny girl pop music. My ears were bleeding. :puke:[/QUOTE]

I agree as far as FFX, but I still think X-2 was the answer to all the people who bitched about the original. Once you got past the initial J-Pop image, it felt like what FFX should have been.

Felt like a quest for clothes. Too much focus on the job system. It's like what a lot of reviewers said they took the complaint from hardcores over 10 and times it by ten. Anyway I agree A final fantasy 3(6) would be better. But with the glut of 7 based games coming out Square suddenly saying Decenber 2006 or 7 that ff7 remake is here wouldn't be surprising.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']I heard that they considered making a FFVII-2 when they announed Kingdom Hearts 2, but they scrapped the idea.

Totally true. Except it was the FF8 dance scene :p
Everyone was like "OMG FF8 REMAKE FOR PS2 I CANNOT WAIT!!!" but do you see a FF8 remake for PS2 right now?? HUH???[/QUOTE]
Your somewhat right and wrong at the same time. Plans were going to be set in motion for 7 and 8 to be remade/sequel (it wasn't made clear) on the PS2 (this is true, gamespot and various other reliable game sites reported this) but plans hit a halt when Square's Final Fantasy move turned out to be a bust. Rather than put their time and energy (not to mention dwindling funds) into remaking these games square pulled the plug early and put forth all its energy into making FFX and various other games to come out on the PS2.

Years later when asked about FF7 sequels and remakes (During the time that FFX-2 was announced), a good deal of websites asked square if they had any plans to make any more FF game sequels and Square said no. They felt that it would be too costly and overly difficult. Yet, now we have word of a new FF7 movie, a psp game, a PS2 game, and cellular phone games coming out (kind of a contradiction from their first statement isn't it?). Either one of two things is going to happen...1. After all the new FF7 games/spin offs and movie come out square will end the FF7 series and conclude the story or 2. Their testing the waters for something much larger. Maybe a FF7 remake or an all new game with cloud and the gang that ends the series or even more games of different genres . Maybe they'll try to milk the series to its fullest with games in this gen and the next gen. After all the name itself will sell games. We'll have to wait and see.

They were also supposed to make two versions of ff9. One for the PSX and one for the PS2. Not a remake, but at the same time.

To say Crystal Chronicles is a bad game is to admit one's ignorance to the multiplayer Action-RPG genre... It beats the hell out of the Gauntlet series.

[quote name='j.elles']Felt like a quest for clothes. Too much focus on the job system. It's like what a lot of reviewers said they took the complaint from hardcores over 10 and times it by ten. Anyway I agree A final fantasy 3(6) would be better. But with the glut of 7 based games coming out Square suddenly saying Decenber 2006 or 7 that ff7 remake is here wouldn't be surprising.[/QUOTE]

?? It only felt that way, because you made it that way. That's the genius of the job system in FF X-2, you basically can have it any way you want it, hell my first time through, I nabbed less than 1/3rd of the "jobs" out there. Actually went back and replayed it. What complaints did the hardcores have? Oh, you mean the whiny little bitches that pose as hardcores, yeah they had complaints, but then again they'll bitch about everything, that's there composure. Look I'm not saying FF X-2 is the absolute best rpg ever, nor am I saying that it has no flaws, but it's easily better than what all the hardcore whiny bitches make it out to be. And 10 wasn't too shaby either :p

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']To say Crystal Chronicles is a bad game is to admit one's ignorance to the multiplayer Action-RPG genre... It beats the hell out of the Gauntlet series.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying FF:CC is a bad game, I'm saying it's simply not an FF game from my point-of-view. It has so little in common with the FF series it seems as though the FF name was slapped on just to boast sales (which wasn't a bad idea) .

[quote name='GreenMonkey']FFVII looks very painfully dated, now. 2d graphics hold up great - but the block-armed FFVII looks terrible at points. Especially blown up all big on my projector. It'd be nice to see a graphical update with a re-translation.[/QUOTE]

Thus the basis for a remake. FFVll had excellent graphics, a deep story and a pretty good materia sytem, but by today's standards the graphic are crap, the story is littered with mistranslations and dialouge errors and the materia system's abit simplistic, especially when compared to FF8's junction system, FFX's grid system, and FFX-2's uber job class system. This is a game that needs to be redone, plain and simple.

Found on IGN:
"UPDATE:There will not be a Final Fantasy VII remake for PS3. Repeat, there will not be a remake. But, there will be a new Final Fantasy game. We'll have info on that as it happens"

heres the link... http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614692p1.html

please dont flame me, I want this game just as much as the next person, I knew this would turn heads, hopefully Its just a vicious lie & they castrate the source & writer of this malicious article...

bread's done
Back