Final Fantasy 9 NEW $12.79 w/ super saver shipping

If I didnt know for certain this was coming to PSN soon, id be all over it.

Definitely worth it though.

Hard copy that can be played on 4 systems (PS3/PS2/PSX/digitized for PSP) vs. digital copy which is limited to 2 (PS3/PSP)?

I think I know the former wins out, until the 2nd coming of Jesus (points for anyone who knows where the reference is from, though it referred to VHS rather than CDs).

The digital copy should cost $9.99 if I recall the price of the other FFs correctly and has the added bonus of loading faster. The only reason to pick up the physical is if you like putting things up on your shelf or if you have a PS2. No one has a PS1 anymore (and if you still use one and DON'T have FFIX by now there's no talking with you!) so I don't really see either version as definitely better than the other.

I personally like the Digital Versions since they're a wee bit faster on loading, don't use the disc/laser (moving parts are for chumps!) and I don't have to worry about losing/scratching them, but my PS2 was stolen and my PS1 long dead...

The PSN version will cost $9.99, plus it'll work on the PSP, which is my preferred way to play PlayStation RPGs.

If I didn't have a PSP, I'd rather have this than the PSN version.

[quote name='prateeko']The digital copy should cost $9.99 if I recall the price of the other FFs correctly and has the added bonus of loading faster. The only reason to pick up the physical is if you like putting things up on your shelf or if you have a PS2. No one has a PS1 anymore (and if you still use one and DON'T have FFIX by now there's no talking with you!) so I don't really see either version as definitely better than the other.

I personally like the Digital Versions since they're a wee bit faster on loading, don't use the disc/laser (moving parts are for chumps!) and I don't have to worry about losing/scratching them, but my PS2 was stolen and my PS1 long dead...[/QUOTE]
All PS3s play PS1 games. I prefer owning the stuff I buy over "licensing" the software. That way, even if I pay 12 for the game I can get 5 or more back in the future if I sell.

Great price if you don't mind paying $2 more for the physical copy vs. the digital copy that I'm assumming will come out at E3 (that's when VII came out.)

[quote name='CDiablo']All PS3s play PS1 games. I prefer owning the stuff I buy over "licensing" the software. That way, even if I pay 12 for the game I can get 5 or more back in the future if I sell.[/QUOTE]

that and your kids will be able to play it =]

[quote name='detectiveconan16']Great deal. But this is the only FF PS game I haven't beaten. Darnnit as I get older I lose patience to beat things.[/QUOTE]

One of the best FF games of all time, and my personal greatest game of all time (tied with Zelda OOT).

Highly reccomend you beat it asap :)

[quote name='DemonsMaster']One of the best FF games of all time, and my personal greatest game of all time (tied with Zelda OOT).

Highly reccomend you beat it asap :)[/QUOTE]

I agree its a great game, but my feeling is 3 is the best and then 7.

Nice deal, but I know I'll wait for the digital version to play on my PSP.
Maybe I'll wait. I don't know. I do like hard copies.
Hmmm.....

[quote name='addicted2games']I agree its a great game, but my feeling is 3 is the best and then 7.[/QUOTE]

Did you mean FF VI when you said FF III? No problem if you liked the actual FF III, it's just most people list VI as one of the best even though it was III at first in the US. Aaah those confusing wacky numbering changes with FF :lol:

But yeah I would say FF IX is probably my second favorite after VI and it should be a must buy for anyone even thinking about it. Or at least grab the PSN version when it comes out if not this deal on Amazon. It was such a good return to the old school feeling of the early Final Fantasy games after the darker themed and tech influenced VI, VII and VIII.

[quote name='Wompdevil']Did you mean FF VI when you said FF III? No problem if you liked the actual FF III, it's just most people list VI as one of the best even though it was III at first in the US. Aaah those confusing wacky numbering changes with FF :lol:

But yeah I would say FF IX is probably my second favorite after VI and it should be a must buy for anyone even thinking about it. Or at least grab the PSN version when it comes out if not this deal on Amazon. It was such a good return to the old school feeling of the early Final Fantasy games after the darker themed and tech influenced VI, VII and VIII.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I meant 6 when I said 3. I was just going by the US numbering when I probably should use the real numbering system that Japan intended. Anyways 9 is a great game like others said. For those who havent played it, either get this physical copy or the digital copy when released. You wont be disappointed. I actually enjoyed 6,7,and 9 more than 10,12, and 13. Hell I havent even finished 13 still. Old school, FTW!

I'd be all for this... if I didn't buy a PSP 2 days ago (which I gotta return for another one, it's a gamestop refurb unit and it has dead pixels on the screen). Now that I have one (hopefully the replacement is good) then PSN is the way to go.

Updated OP, Looks like Hubbagames jacked the price up when it started selling :lol:
Anyways it looks like you can get it from Amazon directly for $13.40 which I would recommend over a vendor.

[quote name='iRent']I like how we're still in the market for PS1 games.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you are being facetious or not - but there's plenty of PS1 and PS2 games that are simply timeless.

Saw it for 11 last night, so tempting. Already have hard copy but 4th disc is a little scratched to that my fat ps2 had trouble playing it. Debating new hard copy so I can finish or wait for digutal since ill be 14 hours from home going to school. Decisions decisions.

Well worth it if you don't already own a copy. Dang, it's so cheap I'm thinking of buying a second :lol:

IMO this and Final Fantasy 10 are Sakaguchi's two best games, making them two of the very best Japanese RPGs ever made. Even if you like some of his other games better, you'll almost certainly love those too.

[quote name='prateeko']No one has a PS1 anymore (and if you still use one and DON'T have FFIX by now there's no talking with you!) so I don't really see either version as definitely better than the other.[/QUOTE]

I still have two PSOne's actually (still have my PS2 as well, even though I also have the PS3...don't really go for the getting 5% of what I paid for it in Gamestop credit). Granted, they don't get much use, but in a pinch, it's a good option when the nephew wants to play something.

bread's done
Back