Final Fantasy X|X-2 $39.99 preorder at Amazon. Pricing error?

kupomogli

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I think it's pricing error because first off, it's Square Enix, but then the games are also coming to the Vita. With most Vita games coming out at $39.99 when they launch, this would have to come out at $30 or $20 to not piss off Vita owners over pricing.

Then again, all other HD Collections except for MGS HD Collection launched at $39.99, so maybe there's that. But they did enhance this version rather than just a HD rerelease, so who knows.

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy...id=1365527706&sr=8-1&keywords=final+fantasy+x

[quote name='JoeyLYCAN']Maybe i'm wrong, I thought I read that $39.99 was the official price of the X and X-2 HD Collection? The PS3 version is being released physically for $39.99 and on the network for $19.99 a piece, however the Vita version is only being released for $19.99 each on the Network and not physically? I thought I read it in an official statement from Sony or Square-Enix, I could however be wrong. Time to go searching I suppose.[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right about $19.99 each on PSN b/c X-2 was a travesty, I don't want to pay money to have it but I do want the X remake enough to pay $20 for it.

BTW, X-2 was a travesty b/c it wasn't a JRPG at all. 3 characters change wardrobes mid battle while they search for someone. It's set up like GTA, you have a ship based hub and everything is mission based. Actually kind of like Sly Cooper 2. You can get to the final boss rather quickly but you can't actually beat it w/o a lot of leveling up doing irrelevant boring side-quests. I just traded it in at that point. I think I had already played every other FF game before that and they were ALL immeasurably better.

FF12 after that - skipped 11 b/c I don't play MMOs - was a great game for Monster Huntering but the main storyline and characters are all forgettable. I think the main storyline took about 40 hours and I played another 100 after that hunting. Great looking game also. I don't really consider it an FF game though.

X was great - just pretend Waka is the star - but Blitzball is my least favorite minigame. I only played what was required. Maybe the HD treatment will inspire me.

13 was summed up for me by 1 of the characters walking thru a never ending series of paths who says something to the effect of "well this is boring and taking way longer than I expected". So I never played 13-2 and will probably never play a new FF again. Level 5.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']My wife quit for this exact reason (thank god). Of course now she wants to get XIV Reborn..../facepalm[/QUOTE]

I already purchased FFXIV when it first came out didn't play it much though cause all my friends were waiting for the PS3 release cause they did not have a PC capable of running it. Not sure if I care much for the Realm Reborn so far since I been playing the beta for it. Really hoping it gets better so I can enjoy it with some of the people I use to play FFXI with but I will most likely not be getting into any hardcore linkshell again since I don't want to turn the game into being almost like job for me again.

Yeah, my g/f and I want to check out XIV again. We also got it at launch and couldnt get into it.

Same as you though, I want to play it more casual and not let it take over and become a job.

[quote name='zeldaking']do these games still have random battles?

it is the only thing I dislike about Final Fantasy games[/QUOTE]

Yes......

I still don't understand people saying that they hope online Blitzball will be part of this. You know the difference between a remaster and a remake, right? There's absolutely no chance they're going to spend the money to add servers, hosting, balancing, regular title updates to address bugs, etc that it would take to put Blitzball online. 0 chance. Stop hoping for it, or you're just going to be very, very upset when this releases.

[quote name='captaintek3304']I still don't understand people saying that they hope online Blitzball will be part of this. You know the difference between a remaster and a remake, right? There's absolutely no chance they're going to spend the money to add servers, hosting, balancing, regular title updates to address bugs, etc that it would take to put Blitzball online. 0 chance. Stop hoping for it, or you're just going to be very, very upset when this releases.[/QUOTE]

not to mention that no one will be playing it after the 1st month

[quote name='zeldaking']do these games still have random battles?

it is the only thing I dislike about Final Fantasy games[/QUOTE]

Lol. Does Zelda have swords still? Like that master one?

[quote name='WormFOODx']Lol. Does Zelda have swords still? Like that master one?[/QUOTE]

Actually, there ARE Legend of Zelda games that don't involve the Master Sword, just like there are Final Fantasy games that don't have random encounters. In fact, there are more Final Fantasy games that don't have random encounters than LoZ games that don't include the Master Sword. So, yeah. That's a thing.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Actually, there ARE Legend of Zelda games that don't involve the Master Sword, just like there are Final Fantasy games that don't have random encounters. In fact, there are more Final Fantasy games that don't have random encounters than LoZ games that don't include the Master Sword. So, yeah. That's a thing.[/QUOTE]

that is why I asked - I was hoping for no random battles, I will probably skip this then

They need Final Fantasy games with battles that are equivalent to Dynasty Warriors games or isometric tactical RPGs in scope. Rather than frequent short encounters, you get fewer and bigger ones.

I am shocked this is coming out on Disc. I thought this was supposed to be a PSN only type of deal.

Either way put in a preorder. If there is a limited/special edition, I will simply cancel it and go for that (assuming it's reasonable) because it's Amazon. Takes 5 seconds to do.

I'd just like to thank this thread for making me realize I'd much rather see XII remastered than these. Now I barely want FFX/X-2. Nothing against them, I liked them just fine, but XII was just much more visually rich. I think it would benefit more from the upgrade.

[quote name='JK-C']I'd just like to thank this thread for making me realize I'd much rather see XII remastered than these. Now I barely want FFX/X-2. Nothing against them, I liked them just fine, but XII was just much more visually rich. I think it would benefit more from the upgrade.[/QUOTE]

I agree about the visuals. I'd love to see them release XII HD as well. However, the gameplay is better in FFX. So I'm glad that's the one this release will have me replaying.

http://www.vgleaks.com/possible-dlc-for-ps3-final-fantasy-xx-2-remakes/

Final Fantasy X remake was a surprise when it was announced. Recently Square-Enix stated that not only Final Fantasy X will be remake in Sony platforms, Final Fantasy X-2 will be there too. Both games will come in one disc for PS3 and they will come in separate SKU’s for Vita.

One source told us that there was a surprise in the pricing information available for the PS3 version. It appears that both titles will feature additional content as DLC.
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD retail disc – $39.99 (Already known because it is listed in Amazon lists)
  • Final Fantasy X International Additions – $4.99
  • Final Fantasy X-2 International Additions – $4.99
  • Final Fantasy X-2 Last Mission – $2.99*
*Requires the purchase of Final Fantasy X-2 International Additions

At this moment we don’t know if Vita version will feature the same DLC packages but it is very possible that it will have the same contents available at launch.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']I greatly dislike this thread. Under the guise of a price, it asks a question and the red text says you don't ask questions. People always go on the line for their deals but this op didn't have the guts to and broke the rules. For this reason, and the fact that the press release states this price and its not a deal, this should be deleted.[/QUOTE]

The press release doesn't state a price.

Right now you can also go on Square Enix store and preorder Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD, yet you can't preorder Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD. If they announced a price don't you think they'd have it up on their store? It's literally up for preorder "no where" except Amazon. Did they get the exclusive press release?

People make posts when a game is available for preorder all the time, whenever collectors editions come out, etc. If by some chance happens to be no different then it's not a sale, just an announcement like you hear on here monthly.

Once Square Enix officially announces the price, then I'll change the subject to reflect that.

bread's done
Back