Final Fantasy XIII - Gen. Discussion & Info

I only have 2 more achievements left in the game, but most likely will never 1000 this game. Just don't have the patience to kill adamanites(sp?) just so they can drop an item that has a 5% chance of appearing to make ultimate weapons.

It wasn't a bad FF, but most definitely not my favorite. Way linear than it needed to be.

I've beaten FFXIII 3 times now with wildly different parties. Had a blast with each playthrough, and really began to realize how many incredible segments this game goes through. Lake Bresha, palompolum, the air fortress, the ark, Oerba, and Eden are probably my favorites parts of the game. The sheer variety and scale of them all is really admirable. Game isn't perfect, but it's certainly special.

And I think people who were introduced to FF on this game will be coming out of the wood work in a few years (many already have). I think they'll have a greater appreciation for what this game did right, and a proper understanding of what it got wrong (some terrible enemy placements early on, for example). Same thing happened with XII, which now has a pretty strong following after being considered an abomination at release.

Hell, even X-2 is widely agreed upon to be pretty decent nowadays. Everyone seems to go through a temporary shock of hate with FF releases.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']I only have 2 more achievements left in the game, but most likely will never 1000 this game. Just don't have the patience to kill adamanites(sp?) just so they can drop an item that has a 5% chance of appearing to make ultimate weapons.

It wasn't a bad FF, but most definitely not my favorite. Way linear than it needed to be.[/QUOTE]

Grinding those turtles wasn't that bad for me. I needed to grind money anyways so it took me maybe 6-8 hours for my first 3 traps and 2 hours for my last 3 of with save scumming, which left me with plenty of money for the All Items trophy and plat'd the game. Pretty sure I bought all the Dark Matter I needed too except for a couple.

I agree that it's linear as hell, but fun as hell too. It's my first FF and I'm planning on starting X-2 soon. I'm still not sure what to think about the new one with Lightning though.

[quote name='Josh5890']After almost 3 years of on and off playing, 53 (official) gaming hours, countless deaths, several breaks from the game, and 1 completely confusing story, I finally finished Final Fantasy XIII. All I can say is thank God.[/QUOTE]

My condolences that you had to suffer through that.

Even though it was linear, I enjoyed it back when it came out. I didn't have the desire to go for the platinum trophy though. I bought XIII-2 when it came out and it is still in the plastic. :( Though I think I may finally get started on it now that I beat Ni No Kuni. It helped pull me back away from WoW, so now I should be able to put a dent in my backlog.

I think my first play through would have been a lot more fun if I properly utilized the Saboteur and Synergist roles. It wasn't until the last few bosses that I realized how badass you can make your team with just a few properly placed buffs and debuffs.

YES! When I figured that out, I had some awesome Paradigm setups where I would swap to it and debuff the boss and buff my party. I really enjoyed constantly shifting to min max my dps/heals/debuff/buff .

bread's done
Back