Final Fantasy XIII - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I think everyone rocks light/fang/hope at this point of the game.[/QUOTE]

I actually used Snow, Sazh and Vanille for most of Chapter 11-12. They're much less squishy, and work just as well on offense. I did put Fang in in Chapter 13 to help Vanille spam Fog and Pain since practically nothing there is immune to them, however.

[quote name='Jodou']Nah, I down the King Behemoths just fine with a pre-emptive strike and COM/COM/RAV. I'm talking about that one big cat that has like 3-4 guys following him near the middle of the map; his stagger drops waaaaaaaaay too fast.[/QUOTE]

I had trouble with those guys in Chapter 11 too. What I did was go back to the starting area and explore around there and level up a bit. Then I went to the end of Chapter 11. If you put together Vanille's robot in Oerba you will get a big bonus that should allow you to buy a bunch of upgrades before the end of the chapter. I would just wait till then if I were you.

By the way, in Chapter 12 you are forced to take on a tortoise and they were easier than I thought they'd be. Of course, the levelling I did in between the start of Chapter 11 and then made a big difference. Plus I have all Tier 2 weapons now and upgraded them all to level 50 or so. I've killed about 3-4 and have yet to get a single drop of anything though.

By the way, I'm using the all-girl team. That means no Synergist but I seem to be doing fine with that. I did actually throw some points into SYN for Light and Vanille so I have some basic spells from there now, but nothing too exciting though I now use it occasionally at the start of battle (SAB/SYN/SYN).

[quote name='IRHari']If his stagger drops fast make sure you debuff him or do a full set of attack using commando.[/QUOTE]
Nah, I meant his stagger was dropping quickly while he was staggered. I think I was just tired when I attempted him because they're actually pretty damn easy.

I've been blowing through the bounty hunter missions and just got the Chocobo reins (such a godsend)! This chapter is so mind-blowingly awesome that I'd never go back; why wasn't the entire game like this? What a shitload of fuck.

So, no suggestions of weapons/accessories to upgrade? Guess I'll just keep blowing through these missions. . .

Wow, wish I had gotten the reins - I thought that was a post-game deal. I did as many missions as I could find and had no more to do. As of Chapter 12, I've done like 1-10, and 20-30 or so. I guess I missed all those 10-20 ones.

[quote name='Jodou']Nah, I meant his stagger was dropping quickly while he was staggered. I think I was just tired when I attempted him because they're actually pretty damn easy.

I've been blowing through the bounty hunter missions and just got the Chocobo reins (such a godsend)! This chapter is so mind-blowingly awesome that I'd never go back; why wasn't the entire game like this? What a shitload of fuck.

So, no suggestions of weapons/accessories to upgrade? Guess I'll just keep blowing through these missions. . .[/QUOTE]

How fast the stagger gauge drops depends on whether he was "debuffed" with a COM or SAB before he went into the staggered state, so there is a difference between a pre-emptive attack followed by one hit from a RAV to stagger the mob vs. a PE attack followed by a COM attack then a RAV attack.

If that wasn't confusing... great. And yeah you should get the reins ASAP since the digging mini-game is a really good way to get catalysts.

Should I get everyone else to an Omega Weapon before I start facing Super Turtles or can I take them down with just max characters/beefed accessories? I have one Omega Weapon, and that's Kain's Lance, but it's not the Stagger Lock one.

I'm wondering if using an Eidolon will work against them or not. I know Death won't, but if an Eidolon does, I might be able to pull it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only been fighting toises/tortoises, but Hope/Vanille/Fang have their ultimate weapons upgraded a LOT (Kain's lance maxed) and it makes things go really fast. I even needed a Genji Glove on Hope b/c he was doing 99999 damage, but I got my last trap so fuck that shit for now.

You need the Omega Weapons for the trophy anyway, might as well get them on the weapons you plan on using against Ching Chong Gui's.

[quote name='io']Wow, wish I had gotten the reins - I thought that was a post-game deal. I did as many missions as I could find and had no more to do. As of Chapter 12, I've done like 1-10, and 20-30 or so. I guess I missed all those 10-20 ones.[/QUOTE]
I've been figuring out where to find them by just opening the map and scanning for anything glowing. Once a new mission is unlocked, it will show up on the map as glowing blue. Sometimes there's quite a few open, so you just have to check them out. I found one for a giant cactaur dude, which I might try for the hell of it if I run out of C missions.

Did my first batch of 'toises today, 5 in all I think, and got a Trap and an ingot. Not too shabby. Running around with a Kain's for Fang now doing missions.

[quote name='Jodou']I've been figuring out where to find them by just opening the map and scanning for anything glowing. Once a new mission is unlocked, it will show up on the map as glowing blue. Sometimes there's quite a few open, so you just have to check them out. I found one for a giant cactaur dude, which I might try for the hell of it if I run out of C missions.[/QUOTE]
Yea I'm still doing missions, went from #11 to #17 then found #12 o_O

Cactaurs are in! Awesome, I hope I get needled to death =D

[quote name='Jodou']I've been figuring out where to find them by just opening the map and scanning for anything glowing. Once a new mission is unlocked, it will show up on the map as glowing blue. Sometimes there's quite a few open, so you just have to check them out. I found one for a giant cactaur dude, which I might try for the hell of it if I run out of C missions.[/QUOTE]

Giant cactaur was incredibly easy for me due to instant stagger going off at the very beginning... once he is staggered, he goes down so fast.

His only attack is something that does 10,000 damage per hit though... it's just a matter of having enough HP (I left it for post game).

[quote name='Inf^Shini']Cactaurs are in! Awesome, I hope I get needled to death =D[/QUOTE]
They're actually a joke if you make sure to hit it strongly immediately, then switch to delta. As long as they don't use grow, it's tank and spank.

So I ran out of missions to do and had to *sigh* start following the story again. It must just be me because I think the story has a great premise, but the presentation is god awful. Just cut the emo crap and give it to me straight because I'm so tired of the filler.

[quote name='Jodou']Nah, I meant his stagger was dropping quickly while he was staggered. I think I was just tired when I attempted him because they're actually pretty damn easy.

So, no suggestions of weapons/accessories to upgrade? Guess I'll just keep blowing through these missions. . .[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you gave a chance a game pass the earlier chapters.

Well I did that too but somehow I missed a bunch. I only skipped one or two because they were B-level (they were in the 40's or so, so I thought I better save those for later). I never found the 11-19 missions. Most of the ones in the 20's are actually part of the story at the end of Chap. 11. Then I did a few more after that that opened up in and around Oerba. I never got any Chocobo reins.

Finally got the platinum after about 80 hours or so. Luckily I was able to do everything without upgrading any weapons to ultimate (until the very end for Treasure Hunter), so I just sold everything in my inventory and used the money from that to buy the 5 Dark Matters for the rest. Think it was a good choice too, 'cause farming them sounds like even more of a headache than the traps.

[quote name='Magus8472']Finally got the platinum after about 80 hours or so. Luckily I was able to do everything without upgrading any weapons to ultimate (until the very end for Treasure Hunter), so I just sold everything in my inventory and used the money from that to buy the 5 Dark Matters for the rest. Think it was a good choice too, 'cause farming them sounds like even more of a headache than the traps.[/QUOTE]

Farming Dark Matters is far easier than Traps. Drop rate has to be way higher. I was able to get 5 Dark Matters in about 10 fights.

If you're worried about fighting them, Prinny's strategy will take them out in like 2 minutes.

[quote name='hqn101']I'm glad you gave a chance a game pass the earlier chapters.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I just kept my eye on the prize. No wonder the game got such bad reviews: I'll bet most reviewers never got time enough to make it this far. It's seriously an entirely different game and being stuck in a tutorial for 25 hours is bullshit.

[quote name='io']Well I did that too but somehow I missed a bunch. I only skipped one or two because they were B-level (they were in the 40's or so, so I thought I better save those for later). I never found the 11-19 missions. Most of the ones in the 20's are actually part of the story at the end of Chap. 11. Then I did a few more after that that opened up in and around Oerba. I never got any Chocobo reins.[/QUOTE]
I bet you just missed one on the main map, because I did as many as I could there until it lead me to some Chocobo valley.

Don't be afraid of those B-level ones; I've already 5*'d a few of them without breaking a sweat. Some of those missions just add more of the same easy enemies you've fought and if you use delta until you thin the ranks, then smash the rest with relentless, it's cake.

Question: is there an easy way to see which missions you 5*'d? I'd hate to think that when I come back to wrap some of these up I'll need to check each one individually. . .

Anyone have advice on accessory upgrades? I'm at
the apex of the tower in ch.11
and haven't yet upgraded anything outside of Lightning's weapon to Helter-Skelter. I've also beaten missions 1-26 and 32 and primarily use a team of Lightning/Sazh/Fang.

I tried facing a Long Gui and a Shaolon Gui. I had some success against both, but the Shaolon Gui was definitely the peskier foe. I got the Long Gui down to about 8.5 million HP and the Shaolon Gui to about 6 million HP. That was without any good preparation (defensive/daze buffs), a thrown-together Paradigm plan, and only 1 Ultimate Weapon. So I consider that a success, although the 4 million HP I did to the Shaolon took about 15 minutes. The Long Gui took me about 6 or 7, and I took it down twice.

Now I have 3 Ultimate Weapons (Fang, Light, Vanille) with the former 2's hovering around 55 (Fang's was previously at 33, Light's was a a Lv.14 Apocalypse). I'll try to get some buff items on me before I go face a Long Gui again. I'll probably give Nirvana a boost before I try again because it's weaker than where my Malboro Wand was at.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Open up the Map and press Square to bring up the mission list, it's amazing :)[/QUOTE]
Wow, that's where it was hiding; thanks!

So I've capped out my team for each of their main roles; am I able to go for the next tier before leaving chapter 11? I want to finish as much as possible before moving on.

You should be able to find that out by checking the Crystarium. But I'd personally hold off on upgrading those until you max all 3 main roles for each character.

[quote name='Trakan']Farming Dark Matters is far easier than Traps. Drop rate has to be way higher. I was able to get 5 Dark Matters in about 10 fights.

If you're worried about fighting them, Prinny's strategy will take them out in like 2 minutes.[/QUOTE]

It is higher (something like 5% base vs 1% base). I could kill one, but I didn't want to have to farm more turtles for another hour, and I didn't need to, so I didn't. :)

Took me (significantly) longer than 2 minutes, though, partly because I didn't have any ultimate weapons. Still, they're really not necessary to 5 star anything in the game, and I could kill an Adamantoise in 2:30 without them, so spending the 1.5~ million gil to max them out just seems to waste money and create more farming time.

[quote name='Jodou']Yeah, I just kept my eye on the prize. No wonder the game got such bad reviews: I'll bet most reviewers never got time enough to make it this far. It's seriously an entirely different game and being stuck in a tutorial for 25 hours is bullshit.
[/QUOTE]

Well, I hate to break it to you, but Chapter 12 is a return to the linear stuff ;). However, it is much harder than the earlier chapters. In fact, I stopped last night after getting pummeled by the second appearance of the guy in the giant mech
(in Eden right after the crystal C'ieth dudes called "Sacrifice")
. He absolutely destroyed me. I'd say so far that has been the hardest fight. The nice thing about that section, though, is that the regular enemies around there drop Perfume and Scarletite like crazy, And I had just bought a Scarletite to upgrade Lightning's weapon. Oh well, now I have like 8 of them :lol:. The Perfumes are nice though since they sell for so much. Since it looks like I'll have to grind there for a bit at least I can get some cash out of it.

Also, apparently, there are two types of giant armored tortoises? I beat up on 3 or 4 at the beginning of Chapter 12 that weren't that tough. Then the one that falls through the glass later - I guess he was the second type with the separate legs to attack. WTF is up with that!? He killed me instantly with one measily little stomp. It did 10K damage to each character and given that I have about 8-9K, that didn't really work out too well for me.

[quote name='Jodou']So I've capped out my team for each of their main roles; am I able to go for the next tier before leaving chapter 11? I want to finish as much as possible before moving on.[/QUOTE]

I did that, too, in Chapter 11 and put some points into SYN for Vanille and Lightning since I don't have a SYN in my party with the 3 girls. It has helped me a bit later on. For Fang, though, I just saved the points since I think you get a crystarium expansion at the end of Chapter 11. I'm well into Chapter 12 and have tons more upgrading to do with that last expansion since each node is so expensive (10,000 to 16,000 CP per node and yet most fights still only give out 2000-4000). So if you have a balanced party you may just want to save those points for Chapter 12. Note that you will get 100,000 CP from the final boss in Chapter 11!

Broly, should be in my spoiler...I just got all my traps and all my dudes are maxed, so I'll either go for 5 starring missions or finish all the required farming of the Long chings and the shao long chongs.

Don't remember exactly what it was, something along the lines of:

Fang/Vanille/Hope.

SEN/SEN/SEN, wait for Ultima
SAB/SAB/SAB, manually spam slow on it (stay in this Paradigm until all 5 debuffs are on it)
MED/MED/MED for 1 turn to top everyone off
SYN/SYN/SYN, manually cast Bravera, Faithra, Haste on all three party members
MED/MED/MED for 1 turn, top everyone off again
COM/RAV/RAV until stagger
COM/COM/COM when Stagger is at 700%+ ish

When in the stagger, most likely have the switch to COM/COM/COM in between selecting Auto-attack you need to have your Paradigm deck open at all times and be ready to switch to SEN/SEN/SEN.

During the stagger he'll most likely cast a Ultima OR Bay. If it's Ultima, Tortoise just as it's about to hit, heal up with MED/MED/MED for one round then go back to Cerberus to finish him off (Highwind if you need it).

If he casts a Bay instead, you NEED to switch really really fast since there's really no cast time for Bay. If you don't have the deck open and pointing to Tortoise when you see the text on the screen, you're looking at 12-13k damage to everyone instead of 4-5k. There may be a chance the mob will cast a Quake afterward, which is why you need to be in Tortoise. If any of your characters become dazed, switch to MED/MED/MED to heal up or Esuna.

If you're caught in a full Daze (all 3 members hit) and you can't survive another Stomp or something to that effect, use a Renew or spam potions. That'll save your life most of the time.

[quote name='KingBroly']I tried facing a Long Gui and a Shaolon Gui. I had some success against both, but the Shaolon Gui was definitely the peskier foe. I got the Long Gui down to about 8.5 million HP and the Shaolon Gui to about 6 million HP. That was without any good preparation (defensive/daze buffs), a thrown-together Paradigm plan, and only 1 Ultimate Weapon. So I consider that a success, although the 4 million HP I did to the Shaolon took about 15 minutes. The Long Gui took me about 6 or 7, and I took it down twice.

Now I have 3 Ultimate Weapons (Fang, Light, Vanille) with the former 2's hovering around 55 (Fang's was previously at 33, Light's was a a Lv.14 Apocalypse). I'll try to get some buff items on me before I go face a Long Gui again. I'll probably give Nirvana a boost before I try again because it's weaker than where my Malboro Wand was at.[/QUOTE]

Lol sry, just found the 15 minute battle to be pretty hilarious.

But yeah, in IRHari's spoiler tag is the strat for the most part.

[quote name='KingBroly']You should be able to find that out by checking the Crystarium. But I'd personally hold off on upgrading those until you max all 3 main roles for each character.[/QUOTE]
Lolwut?

I'm asking if I can get to tier 5 of the main roles before chapter 12. Guess it doesn't matter because my guys are all close to a million in stored CP. I farmed that mission 7 boss for a while since he was giving up 5x bomb cores and I twinked out my guys for their level. Time to press forward I guess. . .

[quote name='Jodou']Lolwut?

I'm asking if I can get to tier 5 of the main roles before chapter 12. Guess it doesn't matter because my guys are all close to a million in stored CP. I farmed that mission 7 boss for a while since he was giving up 5x bomb cores and I twinked out my guys for their level. Time to press forward I guess. . .[/QUOTE]

Uh, if you have that much you should definitely max out all the main 3 roles for each character (will be role level 4 only I believe at this point). It should be pretty easy. What Broly and I are saying is to save any extra CP beyond that for the upgrade expansion you will get at the end of Chapter 11. The expansion doesn't give you another role level yet - I think you need to wait till after the end of the game for the last one. After Chapter 11 I got another tier to the roles (full of 10,000 and 16,000 CP nodes) but not a full new role level upgrade. So alll my chars are sitting at level 4 in their main 3 roles (and I have a couple at level 1 in secondary roles).

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Lol sry, just found the 15 minute battle to be pretty hilarious.

But yeah, in IRHari's spoiler tag is the strat for the most part.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how long it was to be honest, but it felt long.

[quote name='Jodou']I'm asking if I can get to tier 5 of the main roles before chapter 12.[/QUOTE]

No; Crystarium level 10 has those and it's unlocked in post-game.

Another strategy for the Shaolong gui (smaller dragon turtles that drop dark matter), taken from http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/fi...mies-quickly-easy-cp-gil-comp.html#post638008
(I see a Kingbroly posting in the forum every now and then, assuming its you broly ;))

SHAOLONG GUI STRATEGY
This beast drops the extremely valuable and required Dark Matter
Accessories Equipped on all 3 Battle Team members:
Champion's Belt (Physical Resistance 15%+ to lower the damage taking from it's stomps)
Moonbow Anklet (Daze Resistance 40%+ to lower the chance of being dazed from it's Roar ability)
Genji's Glove (This will let you do damage greater than the 99,999 standard limit. This is KEY for Fang's Highwind attack) - This only needs to be on Fang & Lightning

1. Go into this fight using the following. Use Auto-Battle feature, this will cause Lightning and Fang to caste Haste on each other. Once you see the text above their heads saying they are casting Haste, immediately switch to the next step to avoid any serious damage from being de-buffed and being hit by Quake:
    • Synergist(Fang)
    • Synergist(Lightning)
    • Medic(Hope/Vanielle)
  2. The ShaoLong Gui will always performing Quake right at the start of the battle. If you performed the above step, you will not only have Haste cast on Fang and Lightning, but you will of taken MINIMAL damage from the Quake attack:
    • Sentinel(Fang)
    • Sentinel(Lightning)
    • Sentinel(Hope/Vanielle)
  3. Immediately following the Sentinel Paradigm switch animation, switch to the following and ONLY apply Haste on Hope/Vanielle and Protectra on your team:
    • Synergist(Fang)
    • Synergist(Lightning)
    • Medic(Hope/Vanielle)
  4. Once you apply the few buff's above, switch the following and start to de-buff the ShaoLong Gui.:
    • Saboteur(Fang)
    • Saboteur(Lightning)
    • Medic(Hope/Vanielle)
  5. ALERT: The FOLLOWING IS KEY to beating the ShoaLong Gui in under 2 minutes! Once you switch to Saboteur, do the following de-buff's with Fang in the EXACT order.
    • Imperil
    • Slow
    • Daze
    Successfully doing this, Lightning will caste De-Protect, De-Shell, and Fang will Daze the ShaoLong Gui rendering it paralyzed until you attack it.
  6. Once the ShaoLong Gui is De-Buffed and Dazed switch to the following and follow my steps exactly:
    • Synergist(Fang)
    • Synergist(Lightning)
    • Medic(Hope/Vanielle)
  7. While Lightning is applying any buff's that weren't applied initially in Step 3, you need to apply Bravera on Fang and Lightning THEN apply Faithra on Hope. By the time you finish casting Faithra on Hope, Lightning will be finishing up casting Enfire on Hope as well. Once these are applied switch to the following to cause a Stagger break on it.
    • Ravager(Fang)
    • Ravager(Lightning)
    • Ravager(Hope/Vanielle)
  8. Focus on causing the stagger break, and getting it to above 700%.
  9. Once the you reached the above stagger percentage, switch to the following and cause some serious damage:
    • Commander(Fang)
    • Commander(Lightning)
    • Synergist(Hope/Vanielle)
  10. Once the ShaoLong Gui's life is around 30%/40%, depending on your Strength and your Ultima weapon level for Fang, you can use Highwind for an immediate death.

Very rarely the ShaoLong Gui will perform Ultima/Roar during your beat down, simply switch to Tortoise and immediately switch back to Aggression to finish it off. I've actually beaten the ShaoLong Gui several times without it ever even attacking 2 times. This is the best method I could possibly think of for farming CP and Dark Matter. If you have the Growth Egg equipped, you will get 120,000CP a battle and with the amount of ShaoLong Gui in the Archytle Steppe (7 I think), you can get some serious CP extremely fast.

This process doesn't use any summoning, or any shrouds. With my characters fully leveled and all their Omega weapons equipped, it takes about 1:30-2:15 minutes to defeat this foe.

[quote name='io']Uh, if you have that much you should definitely max out all the main 3 roles for each character (will be role level 4 only I believe at this point). It should be pretty easy. What Broly and I are saying is to save any extra CP beyond that for the upgrade expansion you will get at the end of Chapter 11. The expansion doesn't give you another role level yet - I think you need to wait till after the end of the game for the last one. After Chapter 11 I got another tier to the roles (full of 10,000 and 16,000 CP nodes) but not a full new role level upgrade. So alll my chars are sitting at level 4 in their main 3 roles (and I have a couple at level 1 in secondary roles).[/QUOTE]
Yep, just got to the end of chapter 11 and saw that. Also found out that CP caps at 999,999 lol. Only the people I'm not using got that though and my main team is almost already capped out AGAIN. I just sat there thinking I'd run out any minute, but I was able to fill all the inner rings for each of the primary roles and get all their new abilities without even setting foot in chapter 12.

And why was the chapter boss so damn easy? I was falling asleep just sitting in delta and occasionally switching to combat medic. Complete tank and spank; it didn't even come close to wiping me even once FFS.

So hey, about taming pole: isn't stagger lock a bad thing for a commando? I mean, they're the glue that keeps stagger from falling too fast right? I remember you guys talking about it a lot so I figured it must be good. Honestly, I'm not sure what weapons I should be using except for Eagletalon maxed out. Axis blade goes nice with my sprint shoes and aurora scarf, so I figured that's the best for now but I haven't upgraded it to T2 yet since I'm not sure.

Stagger Lock doesn't mean they don't add to the chain gauge, it means they can't push it from i.e. 599.9%/600% into a staggered state. Which isn't a negative, since you have Ravagers that can do that, and they added way more to the gauge anyways.

The debuffing effect of COM is retained regardless of Stagger Lock.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Stagger Lock doesn't mean they don't add to the chain gauge, it means they can't push it from i.e. 599.9%/600% into a staggered state. Which isn't a negative, since you have Ravagers that can do that, and they added way more to the gauge anyways.

The debuffing effect of COM is retained regardless of Stagger Lock.[/QUOTE]
NICE. Time to toss out the Gae Bolg until I need a tank again.

getting tired of farming for money. i think i'm going to leave my last 2 trophies alone, treasure hunter and 5star all missions

I've now spent like 5 hours alone just grinding in Ma'Hambra before proceding further into Chapter 11. I really want to continue with the story, but sheesh, I feel like most of my time is spent CP farming now.

There isn't any good reason to grind when you don't have to. It's so much more efficient to do it post-game, or at least on the mini-bosses in C13.

The scaling in C11 is terrible, there really are some fights you NEED to do that just kick your ass like the phalanxes in the cave, but really just move past them.

Use a summon or Shroud and you'll be fine. It may seem like you're underleveled but not everything is cheap as hell and able to wreck you instantly. Not to mention, the amount of grinding you're able to do until you're maxed isn't going to turn the tide as much as you'd like.

There's also an amazing grinding spot in the place you're gonna go to, with a group of 6 hoplites you can pre-emptively attack every time for a very fast kill.

Well you can CP grind to a degree, but you are always capped in terms of Crystarium stages. The CP farming in ch13 is really good, even w/o a growth egg

Where do you find the Connoisseur Catalog and Collector's Catalog (I know you can buy it from Moogleworks for 100,000) but is there anywhere else you can get these?

[quote name='combatrhombus']Where do you find the Connoisseur Catalog and Collector's Catalog (I know you can buy it from Moogleworks for 100,000) but is there anywhere else you can get these?[/QUOTE]

I found two. One as a reward for one of the marks, and another in a chest in chapter 11.

You shouldn't have to buy any of the catalogs, you'll find em in a chest or get them as a reward. I think you WILL have to upgrade a collector's --> connoisseur's in order to get that one.

BTW, Jodou, haven't played Demon's Souls in a while. Are we still way up there in the Pantheon? I'm still getting random pricks friending me asking me to help them get trophies and shit ;)

One...more...to go.

One Long Gui down, 5 Shaolong Gui to go and pray that I get Dark Matters from.

EDIT: Okay, I've beaten 2 of them and no drops yet. This...will be painful.
EDIT 2: 3 times >_< COME ON, DAMNIT! I survived 4 Ultima attacks for nothing. Not even a Gold Nugget >_<
EDIT 3: After my 4th time, I got one. I don't even need to use Eidolons on this anymore. Just a couple of shrouds and he's down in 3-4 minutes.

That third attempt I got him in one shot which was pretty cool. Only 4 more Dark Matters to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IRHari']BTW, Jodou, haven't played Demon's Souls in a while. Are we still way up there in the Pantheon? I'm still getting random pricks friending me asking me to help them get trophies and shit ;)[/QUOTE]
Yes, we'll be up there forever until they take the server down. I get the dumbest messages from these idiots like 'hey, what gear is that' or 'how do I get that sword?' I just delete them all and deny friend requests.

Ah...finally beat it, took about 60 hours to complete. The final boss took me a couple I just love his
instant death when he has a nano bar of life left.
The End....what a beautiful sight.:applause:

Now time to tackle the mission and some trophy hunting.

bread's done
Back